Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO the best paper cutter

I'd like to purchase a nice paper cutter in the $150-$200 range. I'm tired of cutting one or two sheets at a time. I'd like to be able to cut at least 4 sheets of card stock at a time. I'm leaning towards a guillotine type. Do you have any recommendations for me? Thanks in advance, Nan

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=16494

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2005, 08:24 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Carl Cutter

I have heard the Carl Cutter rocks. It will cut 12-15 pieces of cardstock at a time...accurately. I just ordered one for mother's day. Still waiting for here. Here is a website www.everafterarts.com Are you a SU demo? If so, please email me privately and I will give a little more advice... [email protected]. good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

DEFINITELY a Carl Cutter! I have the DC210 and it cuts beautifully! Buy it from www.everafterarts.com and if you are a demo and can provide a demo number, you get it for either cost or 1/2 off. Either way, it is an excellent deal!

]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2005, 03:24 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My upline suggested I take my cardstock to Kinko's and have it cut - it's worked out great :-) I buy paper by the pack and have part of it cut into half sheets, part into quarter sheets, and the rest I keep whole. They charge me ~$1 per cut and can do up to 150 sheets at a time, so it's pretty cheap, too.

Alyson, waiting on a guillotine until my kids are much older ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2005, 03:38 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I'd like to hear what the gals have to say too. I love the convenience of my Fiskars rotary, but I think it could make better cuts. Plus the bonus of being able to cut multiple sheets would be awesome.

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2005, 04:28 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

And here I am so happy to have my new Fiskars...Especially when I only paid $12.49 and it retails for 24.99.

The lesson from Charlie Brown: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2005, 05:36 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm on the waiting list for the Genesis paper cutter. Apparently it is one of the best cutters out there. It will not do 4 sheets at once, but you can purchase a guide bar attachment that will line your paper up, such that you will be able to place your CS on the guide and cut multiple sheets without looking at the measurements each time. Here is what they say about the number of sheets it can cut.

How many sheets of paper will the Genesis cut at one time?
Genesis trimmers are designed for precision and accuracy. They are not made for volume cutting. Most Genesis owners cut only two sheets of card stock at once because they like a smooth, precise cut. With the smooth way the cutter wheel glides on its slide bar, cutting large quantities of paper even one sheet at a time is not a chore! Being able to cut in both forward and backward directions helps make the job go even faster.

At the time I ordered my cutter (mid April), the estimated time of arrival was about 8 months. It might be here by Christmas. I know that some of you might think I'm crazy to wait that long, but I have heard nothing but praise for this cutter. If you want more information, please check out their web site:

http://www.genesistrimmer.com/index.html

Take care, Brenda

Last edited by Qbee; 05-06-2005 at 05:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2005, 06:12 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I love, love, LOVE my Carl Cutter DC 210. As a demo, I got it half price. I bought a bunch of extra blades, and cutting mats with it, and with all that and the shipping, it came to just 89.00. It cuts so nicely, and I have cut up to 10 sheets of SU cardstock at a time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2005, 06:47 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qbee
I'm on the waiting list for the Genesis paper cutter. Apparently it is one of the best cutters out there. It will not do 4 sheets at once, but you can purchase a guide bar attachment that will line your paper up, such that you will be able to place your CS on the guide and cut multiple sheets without looking at the measurements each time. Here is what they say about the number of sheets it can cut.
Yes, I've always heard that the Genesis paper cutter is the BEST on the market!! Most of the big names in scrapbooking own it for this very reason. At CKU recently Becky Higgins stated that she couldn't live without hers! Most reliable paper cutter out there - straight lines very time!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2005, 06:50 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks so much for your help. I've tried rotary cutters before and I really perfer the guillotine type. I'm sure this is just a personal thing. Anyway I did some searching and found a guillotine one at the site below. I went with #19 on the list. It has all of the safety features and locks the paper down automatically with each cut. It will cut 30 sheets of reg paper and will cut 13 3/4 " in lenght. It wasn't cheap at $184 (free shipping), but I'm looking for a lifetime investment here. I have taught stamping classes in my home for the last 2 years and I really want something to make the cutting process more enjoyable. I'm a demo now and so there's more cutting to do now. I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives. This is my Mother's Day present! My family just shakes their heads and can't believe that this is what I want.

http://www.machinerunner.com/PaperCu...mmers1016
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=16494

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2005, 08:05 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Nan,

I'm with you and prefer a guillotine cutter. I use one to make all of my precision cuts. I've never liked the rotary cutters because they leave nasty, fuzzy edges which I cannot abide. All that said though, I bought myself a Carl DC 210 and I love it. It's not an all purpose cutter by any means, but I can cut many sheets of cardstock at a time, accurately, and with no fuzzy edges. I'll be interested to hear how your new cutter does with keeping the several sheets of cardstock lined up throughout the entire cut. That's always been my problem with my guillotine cutter. I just have a cheap Xacto and it makes beautiful clean cuts.

Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

keep me posted, I'll be looking soon!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

I have a Carl RT-200 and love it so so so much! Only advice I can offer with the Carl ones is to get extra cutting mats. You might think you blade is dull, but chances are you just need to flip your mat around (or replace it if allready fliped).

My demo has the DC-200 and it is so amazing! It has a heavy duty magnetic guide bar that you can line up with your measurements and makes cutting so quick and simple. You can cut lots of sheets of paper at once. The cutting rail locks in place, holding your paper so it wont slide around when you are cutting! Just wonderful. But, it is quite huge and heavy. So if you are looking for something a bit more portable like I was, the RT-200 is perfect! It is light, and still fits into my tote.

If you know someone who has either Carl cutter, ask to try it out first.
Reply With Quote Likes