Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2023, 09:18 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ink Pads

I need help please anyone, I would like to or thinking of joining Stampin up, I like the fact that their inks match with their cardstock and so forth. I am from the UK and do struggle buying brands like Gina K and Simon Says as the P+P is way too expensive, can anyone help e please before I take the leap.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
gaylestamps (01-10-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 09:27 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 97 Likes on 62 Posts

Jan Brown in a fabulous SU demonstrator in Surrey. You can find her at janbcards.com. I’m sure there are many other UK demos as well, just look for them on the SU website. I am alway tempted to sign up, especially when there are extra perks which often happen this time of year. You can build your supplies at such a great price, test out being a demo, and if you decide it’s not for you there is no problem dropping out. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
leibetty (01-03-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 04:29 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 320 Likes on 206 Posts

I agree, go to www.StampinUp.com and select your country, then search for a demonstrator with your postal code.

edited to add: and that was my primary reason for becoming a Demo in 2005
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2023, 06:19 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moon121167View Post
I need help please anyone, I would like to or thinking of joining Stampin up, I like the fact that their inks match with their cardstock and so forth. I am from the UK and do struggle buying brands like Gina K and Simon Says as the P+P is way too expensive, can anyone help e please before I take the leap.
You'd probably like Stampin' Up but remember that the products they sell in the UK are usually slightly different than the ones in the USA. But you can certainly find Gina K stamps and Simon Says stamps here in the UK so no need to pay international postage rates! I am in the UK also and have ordered them.
Old 02-15-2023, 11:34 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

I’m also in the UK. I haven’t seen Simon Says over here but good places for many of the big American brands are Seven Hills (https://sevenhillscrafts.co.uk) and Bumbleberry (https://www.bumbleberrys.co.uk). I’m not sure what help you’re asking for with regard to SU! As others say, you can just find a demo near you and buy supplies that way, you don’t have to join and become a demonstrator if you don’t want to do that or you don’t feel you’ll be buying enough for you own use to make being a “hobby demo” worthwhile.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2023, 10:41 AM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,400 Likes on 526 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaneUKView Post
You'd probably like Stampin' Up but remember that the products they sell in the UK are usually slightly different than the ones in the USA. But you can certainly find Gina K stamps and Simon Says stamps here in the UK so no need to pay international postage rates! I am in the UK also and have ordered them.
I didn't know this. How are they different?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2023, 11:40 AM   #7  

Received 280 Likes on 166 Posts

Nicole,
Years ago, SU released some items from the European market into the American market, I think through the clearance rack. I remember getting some dsp that was a different color in the European market than had been offered in the American market. I was tickled pink to have both color collections of the same design. I think I also got some cardstock that was cut a slightly different size, as is common in the European market. I don’t know of a difference in inks, but there are definitely differences in what is allowed in the food supply, so there could be tighter restrictions across the pond on what chemicals are allowed in any products. I haven’t researched it.

Edited to add: I have also seen SU pdf images which stated that some items are only available in certain markets, and that just because it is in the photo or image does not mean that it is available in all markets.

Last edited by ozarkstamper; 02-19-2023 at 01:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes