Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #281  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also remember Shivani saying that she ordered from them ... she is in India ... and I recall her saying that she was charged A LOT for shipping too.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen CurryView Post
I'm must be in the minority here, but just wanted to say that I've had nothing but positive experiences with Frugalities. I've ordered several times and have had no problems. I do live in the US though, so that may be part of it. Just didn't want everyone to be afraid of ordering from them.
You're not the minority! I've ordered from them 4 times, and have a 5th order in my cart awaiting that 49% discount to roll around again (fingers crossed)... I DO agree that customer service is vital to a companys success, and GREAT customer service can actually "trump" price differences company to company...that being said, I've had a wonderful experience with Frugalities and really appreciate their LOW prices, I've been able to buy twice as much stuff than I would've been able to elsewhere! I've never had a problem with shipping, delivery, customer service, etc....they're actually the first place I go when I feel the need to spend!!
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stampingView Post
I also remember Shivani saying that she ordered from them ... she is in India ... and I recall her saying that she was charged A LOT for shipping too.
I THINK she actually had it shipped to her relatives in the states if I remeber correctly...
Gallery Gazer

Probably the majority of their transactions go on without any trouble. GREAT, it should! The problem I am having is that IF there is a problem their handling of it is not very professional, as least not in this case and reported others.
My philosophy why should I as a consumer take the chance. It is not worth it for me to save money to be treated poorly or know that I support a company that has such repeatedly rude associate/s. Local scrapbook studios are usually more expensive, but you get face to face service. Sometimes that can be more important.
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen CurryView Post
I'm must be in the minority here, but just wanted to say that I've had nothing but positive experiences with Frugalities. I've ordered several times and have had no problems. I do live in the US though, so that may be part of it. Just didn't want everyone to be afraid of ordering from them.

Ditto to this. -- and lets remember the buyer was the one who clicked to submit the order even after the warnings of the higher shipping ---
I'm thinking this is a good lesson for her to READ everything before hitting enter. Internet ordering is a great luxery, but we must remain cautious and be aware of what we are buying. It is not the companys fault -- they were just fulfilling the customers order.
Kookie Creator

Quote from Frugalities.com
"How often have we all heard customer service agents swiftly utter a hollow and meaningless "I apologize" simply to appease the customer and (mostly) to shut them up. I find that phrase is so over-used as to have no meaning at all. A true apology comes from change."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I have read this thread with interest as a potential customer. I have seen good points and poor judgements on both sides...but THIS made my blood boil. As a former Customer Service agent, I know that sometimes customers can be a bother (not saying this is the case here, I'm generalizing), but for the OWNER to ADMIT in a PUBLIC forum that they sometimes apologize to "mostly shut them up" is OUTRAGEOUS!

Since we all seem to be handing out free advice here, here's mine:

Frugalities needs to either Send out the inks for free or at a DEEP discount, take the loss and chock it up as "loss prevention" in an attempt to salvage any chance of customer retention. Send out a letter of apology for this transaction-gone-bad. I know that you say "those are just words", but sometimes, it's the ACTION of actually SAYING the WORDS is exactly what the customer is looking for. SAY IT....BUT TO THEM! Take your own advice....you might find they "shut up" (no disrespect to Chelsey) and the problem goes away and you prevent further losses. (Both immediate and potential) It's an expensive lesson, I know, but it has the potential for being MUCH worse. Also, you may want to take some lessons on the service part of the term "customer SERVICE". It needs some serious work, my friend.

To Chelsey, your age dosen't bother me, seems like you are trying to hone your craft, you communicate well with your parents and are trying to respect their money. I can respect that. I have to wonder if things would've gone South so fast if it hadn't been taken into a public forum. Honestly, I don't know, it's quite evident that their customer service needs some revamping, but still.....know what I mean? Both Daven and Gina K have given some EXCELLENT advice and insight.

In the end, I hope that lessons are learned on both sides. Frugalities has more to lose here, I hope they see the part that many customers are happy and many are not and ask themselves, "How can we make it so that every customer is a happy customer?"

Good Luck to both parties! I hope this is resolved peacefully.
~Melanie
Gallery Gazer

Not only to SAY the words but to put them into writing. Hard to explain or take back print.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

Just wanted to throw in my two cents - I placed an order on the day that the discounts were 49% and I got my order today. I'm very happy with my items, and especially happy with the packaging they used to keep everything in perfect shape (I ordered several Kits - Crate and Cosmo Cricket). I'm sorry this whole problem has come up...
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so sorry this happened to you. I have ordered quite a bit from them ( 4 orders so far) and all has gone off without a hitch. I will hope that you get it all worked out so you are all happy.
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

I have read all of this thread with great interest as apart from my SU demo a lot of my stuff comes from online USA. If I owned a online store I would be loving to have my goods shipped world wide........... and be looking to have a world wide sucessful business ......
how great would that be .............
And living in Australia I have had dealings with a few online USA stores and most I have ever paid in postage is $18us and gotten small gifts with purchase I am sure it would not cost the $100 or so dollars to process and get that to me ...or I never would have got my parcels ......... and this is not just scrapbooking have bought from quilting shops too in USA in fact I have bought Aussie material from USA at a price cheaper than I can get it in Oz. I still cant see how they justify $55 to canada when I can get it sent here $30 or so cheaper Im sure my geography is correct
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie018075View Post
I THINK she actually had it shipped to her relatives in the states if I remeber correctly...
I think you are right ... I am mixed up (like usual) ... lol ...
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanwee1View Post
I have seen good points and poor judgements on both sides...but THIS made my blood boil. As a former Customer Service agent, I know that sometimes customers can be a bother (not saying this is the case here, I'm generalizing), but for the OWNER to ADMIT in a PUBLIC forum that they sometimes apologize to "mostly shut them up" is OUTRAGEOUS!

I felt the same way when I read that comment. I was also a customer service agent and often had to apologize to unhappy customers, but I did it with all sincerity.

If the company policy is to NOT ship to Canada, then the order should have been cancelled. The customer should have been contacted and informed that although the order had slipped between the cracks, they would be unable to process it.
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayelle821View Post
I felt the same way when I read that comment. I was also a customer service agent and often had to apologize to unhappy customers, but I did it with all sincerity.

If the company policy is to NOT ship to Canada, then the order should have been cancelled. The customer should have been contacted and informed that although the order had slipped between the cracks, they would be unable to process it.
Isn't that such a simple solution. A quick friendly email confirming or cancelling the order is all it would have taken.
Stazon Splitcoast

My Frugalities order placed last Friday arrived today in full.
This company does better than many and needs to hear some positive feedback as well. Kudos, Frugalities!
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by faithfulView Post
My Frugalities order placed last Friday arrived today in full.
This company does better than many and needs to hear some positive feedback as well. Kudos, Frugalities!
I've had three orders from them and have had no problems whatsoever. I knew shipping was slow because they said that it was. The last order I paid the extra $2.99 and had my order within 4 days. Sorry that others have had issues.
Pearl-ExPert

They have deliberately jacked up their shipping to Canada as they stated in their email to the OP. I used to order from them ALL the time and I am in Newfoundland, Canada...we have some of the highest postage costs (next to the Territories) and it never cost an unreasonable amount before. This is something they started doing during their "price wars" and I am disappointed as I was a frequent customer...I hope they resume "normal" shipping to Canada in the future but I ordered TONS of stuff and they had flat rate shipping to Canada based on the value of the goods, not the weight.
Glitter Guru

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had 2 very positive experiences with this site, and would order again!
Mad Swapper

Well, I just created a mock order for ONE SET of alcohol inks and used an address for some Canadian friends of mine JUST to see what it does. It told me that shipping was not available to that address unless I call cs (I'm guessing that is the patch they installed recently). BUT I have posted the print screen of the page that said I had to contact cs. It boasts that their shipping to "my" address would be cheaper than 2peas or sb.com. SO I went to sb.com and did the SAME order (3 bottles of ink from Tim Holtz) just to see if it was true. WRONG! As you can see from the OTHER print screen, sb.com is only $15.50 to ship to the SAME address.....
I was just curious as to what would happen and wanted to share my findings with everyone else who was following this thread.....
Attached Files
File Type: txt ps1.txt (1 Bytes, 34 views)
File Type: txt ps2.txt (1 Bytes, 18 views)
Mad Swapper

Scratch that :} I just read more closely..... It says on the average order of $99 their prices are equal and shipping USPS Priority mail..... Sorry about that!
Gallery Gazer

I don't think anyone ever assumed that people, lots & lots of people haven't had good, no great experiences with this company. Of course they have. However.....

Don't you think a company SHOULD have MORE positive experiences than bad? As I am sure is the case with Frugalities.

And don't you think that if you owned a company and you or the consumer made a mistake that you would want it handled differently, not with a rude email?

I think we can ALL agree that we would not want to be spoken to in the manner that Frugalities has spoken to its customer here. Please remember this whenever you do have a problem with a company. And how you would feel if people kept telling you how great that company is after dealig with you in such a rude manner?
Stampin' Fool

Look i know some of you arent taht happy with me bringing this here but i felt i should bring tis to my "stampin sisters" i just wanted some advice and didnt try to aggravate ppl. Frugalieis posted some thing to teh extant taht they didnt feel like they should bring private emails in here but i did because i was involved with them.

this has long since quit being about the shipping (after they sent teh refund) and has moved to DJ's rude letter. And if i was to get a wRITTEN appology from frugalities of Dj for that matter i for let the whole letter issue be.

its great taht you American ladies have had luck with these guys but for us canadians iit was a lose lose situation (before they blocked us.)

what i dont get is whay an order from frugalities costs $55 and ATRS, which shares the same BUILDING costs only $18?? According to what frugalities has said on here ATRS has teh same shipping prceedures but why are they not more costly?

in all honesty this thread would die off if Frugalities would quit digging there whole deeper.

Thanks you,

mAke EacH dAy yOuR MaStERpiEce
Polyshrink Goddess

Don't let other deter you from sharing your experiences here. While the shipping costs may be an issue exclusive to Canadian shoppers, Customer Service should be professional to everyone. Any one of us could have had a bad CS experience with them, and that is part of what you were trying to inform us about. I'm glad you did, I will not do business with them after the way they treated you. Just like I would never do business with the cell phone provider that was rude to my mother.

I'm glad others had great experiences - unfortunately that was not the case for you and you wanted us all to know. Nothing wrong with you posting it here - that's part of what these forums are for, or at least should be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegum girlView Post
Look i know some of you arent taht happy with me bringing this here but i felt i should bring tis to my "stampin sisters" i just wanted some advice and didnt try to aggravate ppl. Frugalieis posted some thing to teh extant taht they didnt feel like they should bring private emails in here but i did because i was involved with them.

this has long since quit being about the shipping (after they sent teh refund) and has moved to DJ's rude letter. And if i was to get a wRITTEN appology from frugalities of Dj for that matter i for let the whole letter issue be.

its great taht you American ladies have had luck with these guys but for us canadians iit was a lose lose situation (before they blocked us.)

what i dont get is whay an order from frugalities costs $55 and ATRS, which shares the same BUILDING costs only $18?? According to what frugalities has said on here ATRS has teh same shipping prceedures but why are they not more costly?

in all honesty this thread would die off if Frugalities would quit digging there whole deeper.

Thanks you,
~Author Unknown
Rubber Obsessor

I just shipped something to my friends in NZ...if the item is over $100 you have to fill out different customs paperwork but that doesn't take but a couple of seconds. Under $100 the paperwork is nothing.

At anyrate I just shipped a 1 lb pkg in the new International Priority mail packaging from the USPS and it was only $11.

You got ripped off for sure.
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean-oView Post
Ditto to this. -- and lets remember the buyer was the one who clicked to submit the order even after the warnings of the higher shipping ---
I'm thinking this is a good lesson for her to READ everything before hitting enter. Internet ordering is a great luxery, but we must remain cautious and be aware of what we are buying. It is not the companys fault -- they were just fulfilling the customers order.
I agree. I received my 5th order today from Frugalities. No problems for me but I also live in the US. I feel badly for Frugalities because I don't feel they've done anything wrong either. The good news at least is that they've updated their software so that anyone not from the U.S. can't place an order at this time. Personally, I don't think the email exchanges should have been publicly posted. If you step back and look at it from their perspective, 1) the person placing the order had the opportunity to view the total amount due prior to hitting the Submit button. Then... 2) the order confirmation email was sent. The company wasn't contacted regarding the shipping total at that time either. When 3) the "order has shipped" email is sent and read... that's when the shipping amount was finally notice. Emphasis.. The order has shipped.

I do feel badly for Bubblegumgirl mainly because I know I've done similar things. Maybe not as costly, but still where I had to thunk myself on the ol' noggin. (Like buying a subscription via eBay that I quickly used the Buy It Now for because I thought it was only $3.99. Then I saw they were charging a shipping charge of $9. Grrrrrrr! My own fault because I didn't read the whole auction, I just saw the $3.99 flashing before my eyes.) I certainly wouldn't say age has anything to do with any of this. I only wish I was 17 again! (Er, no I don't. Maybe 27.) ;)

Anyhow, I'm happy to hear that the offer of the $25 refund was offered and accepted by both parties.

Kimberly
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

Quote:

Originally Posted by stkjockView Post
I just shipped something to my friends in NZ...if the item is over $100 you have to fill out different customs paperwork but that doesn't take but a couple of seconds. Under $100 the paperwork is nothing.

At anyrate I just shipped a 1 lb pkg in the new International Priority mail packaging from the USPS and it was only $11.

You got ripped off for sure.
Thats what I have been saying..................and canada is a lot closer...... you canadains sure get a rough deal...
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
I agree. I received my 5th order today from Frugalities. No problems for me but I also live in the US. I feel badly for Frugalities because I don't feel they've done anything wrong either. The good news at least is that they've updated their software so that anyone not from the U.S. can't place an order at this time. Personally, I don't think the email exchanges should have been publicly posted. If you step back and look at it from their perspective, 1) the person placing the order had the opportunity to view the total amount due prior to hitting the Submit button. Then... 2) the order confirmation email was sent. The company wasn't contacted regarding the shipping total at that time either. When 3) the "order has shipped" email is sent and read... that's when the shipping amount was finally notice. Emphasis.. The order has shipped.

I do feel badly for Bubblegumgirl mainly because I know I've done similar things. Maybe not as costly, but still where I had to thunk myself on the ol' noggin. (Like buying a subscription via eBay that I quickly used the Buy It Now for because I thought it was only $3.99. Then I saw they were charging a shipping charge of $9. Grrrrrrr! My own fault because I didn't read the whole auction, I just saw the $3.99 flashing before my eyes.) I certainly wouldn't say age has anything to do with any of this. I only wish I was 17 again! (Er, no I don't. Maybe 27.) ;)

Anyhow, I'm happy to hear that the offer of the $25 refund was offered and accepted by both parties.

Kimberly
It has been about their so called customer service that most of have an issue with.
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra CherneyView Post
It has been about their so called customer service that most of have an issue with.

I don't think everybody is getting that. They are still talking about shipping costs, which was agreeably outrageous.

Have you read the entire thead? The rude remarks made about us the "lynch mob".

The real important thing is that it is NEVER okay to speak to someone in the manner that Frugalities did, especially for a business that wants to stay in business. And I don't care if the customer made a mistake. They could have said I am sorry but this is our policy or sent out a friendly email to verify or cancel the order beforehand since they have said that they don't like to ship internationally and even try to scare them off by outrageous shipping costs which in this case was missed. I think we should all put ourselves in Chelsey's shoes and think about how we would truly feel to have been spoken to so harshly.

One more thing, I, personally, am glad that she posted Frugalities email and I think it is fair. If I got a nasty letter from a company I would tell everyone how I was treated and I bet everyone would. Isn't this a website where we seek counsel and advise, not just about stamping? I have seen women post about bad husband, kids, hair days, ect. and I am new to this.
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
Ladies lets not jump the gun. I never ordered from Frugalities because they said they do not ship to Canada. I think there was human and software error going on and I am sure she will get it straightened out.

I have ordered from their sister company, addictedtorubberstamping and they DO ship to Canada, and honored a 40% off coupon for me. Shipping was kind of costly but not outrageous ($10 for one stamp - when package arrives it cost them $3.76) but I REALLY wanted that stamp and got it at 40% off and I am happy. They shipped with care and super fast.

That said, here is my general rant not directed at anyone: I really have low tolerance for stores that charge high prices to Canada - the ship rates are almost the SAME as the US for regular mail, not priority. They say it takes time to fill customs forms, or whatever - but that is part of customer service. If we are willing to pay the extra duty to buy from you, come on! Appreciate us as customers. to that effect - if you don't like a stores policies, don't buy from them. Support the fair ship sites. There are so many out there.
The thing is it's the sister company and they are outpricing them, so if the price is right who cares if you lose one customer you'll have 10 more waiting behind them. Sad fact, true . Sorry that happened to you I had something similar happen but not regarding shipping and not regarding the same store. Mine was my sisters bought me some tombow markers on line and when I received it one of the packs were used and I called them and they accused me of trying to switch my old markers for new ones. I've never had tombows before I was quite excited but now I will never shop from them again. I even emailed them with pictures of My markers that they sent. No reply.

Keep us posted I hope they fix it for you, and frugalities .com I will NEVER shop from you.
Mad Swapper

Quote:

just thought id share the "nasty" letter that i was sent

The $10~$12 rate would have been the domestic rate to a US address.

We state on our help pages very clearly that we are NOT a cost effective solution for Canadian customers. We stated during the checkout process that we are NOT a cost effective way to ship to Canada. We clearly displayed the shipping charges. Your daughter cannot just press "NEXT" to bypass approval of these charges. She would have had to specifically check the box right next to $55.95 and THEN click on the next button. Even still we reiterated the charges one more time in an order summary screen. Once again she would have had to scroll down through all of the charges and have approved them.

I completely agree that the charges are high. They are not excessive, but they are high. This is why we so frequently warned on our web site that we are NOT a cost effective way to ship to Canada. We are not set up to handle international orders. We do not even ship to APO/FPO (US) addresses. This is all clearly detailed on out Help pages.

But it is certainly true that we disclosed the prices. We disclosed that we are not a cost effective solution. Your daughter choose to accept those charged. Repeatedly she went past the numerous warnings.

All of this happened very late at night and perhaps she was tired.

Now, the story is worse because it cost us even more to ship the parcel than we charged you. The processing cost for your order that we had to pay was almost $100. Your order required the warehouse to do a special run, to specially process this one order, etc etc. Truly, we would have rathered that your daughter just READ the web site and see that we are NOT equipped to ship orders to Canada. Your loss is also our loss.

The retail price of the items purchased was about $75. Has you purchased from a web site that actually was set up to do Canadian shipping the charges would have been about $20. So the order has a value of about $95, give or take.

You were charged $101 for the order. So in fact we're arguing about a "rip off" of about $6.

I know that you don't care that your daughter cost us almost $100 to ship the parcel. I know that you don't care that your daughter threw all caution to the wind in placing this order. And I do understand that you don't feel that you should be at all responsible for anything that your daughter does online. We do live in a time when we are not responsible for either our own actions or for the costs that we impose upon others.

So, recognizing this (and yes, we do feel rather abused here in this situation) I will propose that we credit your account $25. I researched what your daughter would have paid for these items had she purchased them from our sister division at the lowest price we have sold them for in the past 6 months. That division does offer Canadian shipping ($18 by the way). The total would have come to $78. You paid $102. So that is a difference of $24. We'll round it up to $25.

With a $25 credit you would get the items at the best price our sister division would have offered them for, and they are set up to ship to Canada. You would still be getting a savings of about 20% off the retail prices. So it is a good, fair deal.

We'll ignore the fact that this entire disaster will cost us $125, because I know that is of no concern to you.

I won't ask for an apology. But let me know if this is acceptable and if you think it is fair.

I don't mean to be as rude as I sound here. But it is quite upsetting when people disregard very conspicuous warnings. You have made us seem like we're being deceptive in some way when it is just not the case. We make an average of 50-cents an order. We will have to work for 250 orders--half a day of work to make up for this loss.

EMail back and I'll credit your account the $25. I just need to know that it will be acceptable.

The good news is that we have a software update that will simply deny orders to Canada. So this won't happen a second time.

-DJ, Customer Service
LOL oh my gosh , LOL I am so laughing , I am reading this letter and to me it sounds as if they are trying to GUILT you . LOL. They are scolding you and sounds to me as if frugalities .com should fire that customer service and hire a new one. Once again I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THERE.
Die Cut Diva

I have had no problems with frugalities, and I have been satisfied with their shipping.

And while I havent read the whole thread, I do think that perhaps the reason the person from the company has been rude may be the fact that they feel attacked in a forum like this. And it is natural for some to react rudely when they feel upset.

Just a thought.

Also I understand that READING everything is important. I recently placed an order with Eclectic Paperie, and when I received the email receipt it stated that shipping was behind 7-10 days! I wondered why this wasnt mentioned when I placed my order and quickly went back to the website. It was infact, on the main page but I had to scroll down to read it, which I hadnt done.

It was my mistake for not scrolling down, now I need to wait.
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanonView Post
Chelsey...I really think this should be kept between you and the company. There just isn't any logical reason to be fighting it out here on SCS.
In my honest opinion of course. :mrgreen:
Hate to say it but I think you're wrong, How are people going to learn or know that this is happening. If you keep it to yourself no one will know and this will keep going on.

For me, It educated me on the postal service ( thanks guys now I know what box to send to my secret sister ) and as for the customer service there is no way that someone should be treated this way. End of story. The more people know, the more people will be buyer beware.
Insane Embellisher

Let's just let this thread fade into the distant pages......it's beaten already!!
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplaceView Post
special security? what would that be? You want us to believe YOUR packages go through special screening but other places don't? Are you subjected to increased security for some reason we don't know about *and* they (whoever it is that is subjecting you to this increased security) allow you to be the one to inspect yourself? :rolleyes:

Manifesting? Is that what you you call writing on that little form what's in the box? THAT'S a $100 operation? If it's under 4 pounds you don't even have to write a return address on there if I remember correctly. You can repeat the same thing over and over and that doesn't make it true.

The basic problem is that YOUR website wasn't set up to not accept an internatioal address. But now it is, right? So why not just do that from the beginning?

And why come here *yet again* and hash out something you could have dealt with privately if you didn't have such rude customer services reps. The fact that you have joined this website, using your company name, for no other reason that to defend/promote your business, leads me to believe that customer service is a company wide problem. I think it is beyond rude to come here and discuss a issue and what you offered and say things like "We would have hoped....but they proceeded anyway" How condescending. And as long as you're here airing your dirty laundry, I think it's disgraceful that you will not ship to our overseas military. If people want to order from you despite your shameful treatment of our men and women serving away from home, your policy of *house credit* when YOU are out of something and your poor customer service, then I guess they'll learn soon enough. I won't be ordering from your company or any of your sister companies that you're *competing* with either. Too many lies and too much of the blame game.

I don't know if you think you're dealing with a bunch of clueless housewives who are sitting home watching soap operas and eating bon bons all day but really, we get out, we go to the post office. We know how to go to the postal website and plug in numbers to get an estimate for what she SHOULD have paid for shipping.
Sorry I just started reading this feed as you can see by my many comments almost all in a row but AMEN to this comment So very true.
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frugalities.comView Post
Yes, exactly. All international parcels must go through special screening at the US Post Office. They are scanned in various ways and they go through a special process.

The warehouse we use (and share) is one of very few which are specially authorized to completely bypass USPS security screening. All security screening is done in advance in the warehouse and the parcels travel in a special high security container directly to the post office. This requires special handling and parcel separation throughout the process.

Because that screening and special handling is very expensive and because Frugalities tries to offer the very lowest prices we don't want to pay for this costly security. We can avoid the costs and the special handling if we DO NOT ship ANY international orders out of the warehouse.

Manifesting is more than filling out the slip of paper. It is a complicated process that we avoid if we do not ship international parcels. Manifesting is done after a parcel is turned in to the post office...except in this shared warehouse it is done within the warehouse and the manifests are electronically transmitted to the post office. It is a costly and largely manual process.

You are also correct that this problem happened because we did not have any way to completely disable the ability to accept international orders. We depended upon several warning messages through the checkout process, and the hopes that the $55.95 shipping charge would stop a customer long enough to read the message next to the price. But we should have found a way to disable the international option...as we now have managed to do.

This problem originally occurred because of two errors:

1) We should not have depended upon warning messages and a high shipping price to stop international orders. We should have found a way to implement a block on international orders to prevent them. We have now done this.

2) The customer should have read and headed the warning messages. They should have stopped when they say the $55.95 shipping charge, rather than clicking on it (twice) that they approved. The customer should not have disregarded the help page information after viewing it. That lesson is probably learned, too.

In the end, had our systems blocked all international orders from the outset then this problem wouldn't have happened.
So I don't get it , Where's the apology?
Matboard Maniac

Dang!! That's a fortune... I bet it will have something to do with the alcohol inks.. they aren't supposed to ship it through USPS anymore.. I'd be calling my card company and disputing the charges.
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianalc7View Post
I think we have to all remember that this is a 17 year old girl who may not be experienced in internet purchasing. She may well not have had the judgement necessary to complete this transaction in a mature, reasoned way. Additionally, bringing it here to the board may have been another lapse in judgement. I think we need to step back and consider the source.

whether she be 17 or 95, she was not on her own she had help and it still turned out this way. Besides this is a forum to help, inspire and create. This is what this forum is doing. You don't like it then don't continue to read it. But don't tell someone not to say something if it helps someone else out.
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by LavafroggView Post
Please, please just post a nice appology. (Especially for DJ making the lynch mob comment and the other rude emails.)You can even be generic if you need ot be. No need for dollar amounts, poster names, etc.

I imagine something like..."Stampers of Splitcoast...I sincerely regret any hard feelings this private situation has caused. I want you all to know the customer does come first in our business. Without all of you, we would cease to exist. We value each and everyone one of you.

We do on occasion, like any other business, have errors that happen from time to time. We certainly strive to correct them and learn from them. Please visit our website and actually try our service before coming to judgement on us. We would be honored to work with your on your next order."

Please Frugalities, post an apology. It would go a long way to get back some of the posters who are on the fence so to speak about your company.
LOL oh my gosh lol
That is one good letter , Frugalities please just cut and paste LOL
Nice letter
I am so crying right now. LOL
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianalc7View Post
I agree that this is sad for both sides. I also very strongly agree that online shoppers should be over 18. This most certainly could have been prevented. I appreciate Frugalities professional responses here and that they protect consumer privacy so completely. I am impressed that they care about their workers and their customers.
Her mom was there to supervise. Does her mom need supervision too?
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

It would appear that Frugalities profit from those deep discounts is recaptured in their shipping costs -- whether to the US or Canada. I had filled my basket last week with items that I know could not have weighed more than 2 lbs and the US shipping was quoted at $14.99. I have since emptied that basket.

Glenda
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenda sView Post
It would appear that Frugalities profit from those deep discounts is recaptured in their shipping costs -- whether to the US or Canada. I had filled my basket last week with items that I know could not have weighed more than 2 lbs and the US shipping was quoted at $14.99. I have since emptied that basket.

Glenda
Frugalties shipping is in line with many other places on the internet that charge graduated shipping charges (oriental trading company, american girl etc) if you look at the RETAIL value of the product. If you look at the weight or dollar amount you are paying it seems ridiculous.