Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2007, 11:16 PM   #41  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it was i paid $45 for my merchandise and trhen they are trying to charge $55.95 for shipping!!!:mad:

mAke EacH dAy yOuR MaStERpiEce
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gallery Gazer

I am off to bed! Good luck.
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegum girlView Post
it was i paid $45 for my merchandise and trhen they are trying to charge $55.95 for shipping!!!:mad:
I would do everything I could to fix it if I were you! I like your email back to them. Companies should be willing to take a loss for good customer service. But they are just blowing smoke about them going in the red even with charging you the 55.95. Again goodnight and good luck!!!

Keep us all posted as to wether they end up doing the right thing. I have never ordered from them, but someone recommended them and I have been on their site. I do not want to buy from a bad company!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Received 205 Likes on 158 Posts

No, no, no...I would not pay. Alcohol inks are not worth that price. Why can't you just cancel. This is not way worth it.
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by parknslideView Post
No, no, no...I would not pay. Alcohol inks are not worth that price. Why can't you just cancel. This is not way worth it.

we will cancel if tehy dont discount our shipping. the only reason i ordered teh aI is cuz i cant afford paying $16 a pack here

Crimping Master

Blinking heck, for the largest Global Priority box to UK its only about $38 and you could get all that stuff you mentioned in it and more. So to just post to Canada that is simply outrageous and I am sorry it does not take that long to fill out a blasted customs form, how totally and utterly ludicrous, they are having a laugh.

I hope you get your answer soon Chelsey. It really bugs me when these companies say they won't do international when there are sales on etc, why, we are just as good customers as anybody else, and we don't mind paying correct postage no over hicked costs.

My blog - http://sillybirds.blogspot.com/
Insane Embellisher

Have you gotten a reply to the last email yet?

My Gallery...

Dear Lord, Please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.
(One of my favorite sentiments from River City Rubber Works!)
Glitter Guru

OMG! Cancel it!
Stazon Splitcoast

I think Frugalities is full of crap.

Thanks for the heads up about how they treat our international sisters...they won't be getting any of my business.
Insane Embellisher

Wow, I'm ticked off too and I haven't ever been to their website! Please keep us updated!
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldwintertonView Post
I would do everything I could to fix it if I were you! I like your email back to them. Companies should be willing to take a loss for good customer service. But they are just blowing smoke about them going in the red even with charging you the 55.95. Again goodnight and good luck!!!

Keep us all posted as to wether they end up doing the right thing. I have never ordered from them, but someone recommended them and I have been on their site. I do not want to buy from a bad company!!
Laurie,
That is true.
Here's what happened to me.
A customer ordered 2 Marvy punches and a set of woodmounted stamps and they lived in Australia. Our website quoted them $11.00 shipping! (A glitch because five Marvy punches weigh a lot!) When I took the box to the post office to ship it, it cost $48.00. Guess who paid. Me. It was our error and there was NO WAY I was going to go back to that customer and bill her for the additional money after we already told her what it would cost.

I use the US Post office for all of my international shipping. I'm sorry but the truth is that there is no extra paper work, packing or anything that I would consider to be unreasonable. The only extra thing is a small customs form that takes two seconds to fill out. I don't get it? (Maybe I'm doing something wrong~ YIKES! I hope not!) The biggest challenge for shipping outside the US is acurately calculating the shipping costs prior to actually knowing what a customer will order. (Due to weights and stuff.) But not with Canada.

Canada is one of the more friendlier places to mail to. I can ship anything in a flat rate envelope for $9.00 and a flat rate box for $20.00. So, once again, I don't get it.

I'm sorry that all of that happened to you.

But don't give up on all the US companies. There are lots of us who LOVE our Candian customers and try hard to provide good customer service as well.
Hugs,
Gina K.

Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I just rec'd this from Frug CS

At the time that you placed your order we posted quite conspicuously that Frugalities is not a cost effective option for Canadian customers. This was in our help files, and prominently displayed next to the $55.95 shipping charge that you specifically clicked on.

We hoped that customers would read and NOT choose to ship parcels internationally. A single parcel on a day requires that we do extensive paperwork and manifesting. It costs us over $100 to do this for the day...which is why we set the price to be so high that we thought nobody would choose it. It's a bad deal for you...it's a worse deal for us. We didn't cover our costs.

Had you just noticed when the order confirmation was sent to you (that was the third notice of the charges you saw) we could have still canceled the order.

As of this week we have found a way to simply disable allowing any international customer from ordering.

-DJ, Customer Service

And For the Record it NEVER said that shipping would be $55 so i guess i will just pay mom the extra money taht it cost to ship and just learn from my mistake. From now on i will only order from canadian friendly sites, even ATRS' shipping isnt this bad and they are sister sites
WOW - they call that customer service? :-(
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaKView Post
Laurie,
That is true.
Here's what happened to me.
A customer ordered 2 Marvy punches and a set of woodmounted stamps and they lived in Australia. Our website quoted them $11.00 shipping! (A glitch because five Marvy punches weigh a lot!) When I took the box to the post office to ship it, it cost $48.00. Guess who paid. Me. It was our error and there was NO WAY I was going to go back to that customer and bill her for the additional money after we already told her what it would cost.

I use the US Post office for all of my international shipping. I'm sorry but the truth is that there is no extra paper work, packing or anything that I would consider to be unreasonable. The only extra thing is a small customs form that takes two seconds to fill out. I don't get it? (Maybe I'm doing something wrong~ YIKES! I hope not!) The biggest challenge for shipping outside the US is acurately calculating the shipping costs prior to actually knowing what a customer will order. (Due to weights and stuff.) But not with Canada.

Canada is one of the more friendlier places to mail to. I can ship anything in a flat rate envelope for $9.00 and a flat rate box for $20.00. So, once again, I don't get it.

I'm sorry that all of that happened to you.

But don't give up on all the US companies. There are lots of us who LOVE our Candian customers and try hard to provide good customer service as well.
Hugs,
Gina K.

*note to self...check out Gina's site today.* ;) LOL

I have also mailed packages to both Canada and the UK and it's one stinkin' TINY form to fill out...it literally takes about two extra mins...address of who it's going to, what's in the package (which kinda stinks when you want it to be a surprise! LOL) and the monetary value. That's it.

I'm glad you are getting the word out about Frugalities, though....most of us on SCS appreciate hearing about companies like this.
Mad Swapper

I'm not usually one that boycotts a company because of things I've heard about them. I have shopped with Frugalities.com several times, in fact, just a few days ago and I'm awaiting the delivery of the goodies. BUT... I've just heard so much about how horrible their CS is to some of y'all that I wouldn't feel right supporting such a company. I won't be ordering from them anymore either.
Hardware Hotshot

Ladies lets not jump the gun. I never ordered from Frugalities because they said they do not ship to Canada. I think there was human and software error going on and I am sure she will get it straightened out.

I have ordered from their sister company, addictedtorubberstamping and they DO ship to Canada, and honored a 40% off coupon for me. Shipping was kind of costly but not outrageous ($10 for one stamp - when package arrives it cost them $3.76) but I REALLY wanted that stamp and got it at 40% off and I am happy. They shipped with care and super fast.

That said, here is my general rant not directed at anyone: I really have low tolerance for stores that charge high prices to Canada - the ship rates are almost the SAME as the US for regular mail, not priority. They say it takes time to fill customs forms, or whatever - but that is part of customer service. If we are willing to pay the extra duty to buy from you, come on! Appreciate us as customers. to that effect - if you don't like a stores policies, don't buy from them. Support the fair ship sites. There are so many out there.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Stazon Splitcoast

yikes! that is ridiculous!
Stazon Splitcoast

I remember I was going to place an order with a company and when I got to shipping it was 112.00. Needless to say, I didn't make the purchase. LOL

Hope it works out for you!

My life in a blogshell

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground the devil say's "Oh Crap, she's up!"
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I just rec'd this from Frug CS

At the time that you placed your order we posted quite conspicuously that Frugalities is not a cost effective option for Canadian customers. This was in our help files, and prominently displayed next to the $55.95 shipping charge that you specifically clicked on.

We hoped that customers would read and NOT choose to ship parcels internationally. A single parcel on a day requires that we do extensive paperwork and manifesting. It costs us over $100 to do this for the day...which is why we set the price to be so high that we thought nobody would choose it. It's a bad deal for you...it's a worse deal for us. We didn't cover our costs.

Had you just noticed when the order confirmation was sent to you (that was the third notice of the charges you saw) we could have still canceled the order.

As of this week we have found a way to simply disable allowing any international customer from ordering.

-DJ, Customer Service

And For the Record it NEVER said that shipping would be $55 so i guess i will just pay mom the extra money taht it cost to ship and just learn from my mistake. From now on i will only order from canadian friendly sites, even ATRS' shipping isnt this bad and they are sister sites
I don't know what manifesting and security screening they are talking about. My bellas come from Canada and yes, emily has to fill out a customs form. I asked my neighbor, who is a big ebayer and one of my customers who sells, through an ebay store about this. They said the only thing they have to do as a business is the same as a person, fill out a customs form.

As for the security screening? Really? The post office is screening all packages leaving the country? Even through we can't screen all cargo coming in? Or all cargo on airplanes? The post office is checking everything going out AND they are willing to entrust that task to a private company, which oh, yeah, is ALSO the one shipping it? I think they don't want to be bothered, which is fine, but just say we do not ship outside of the U.S. and we don't ship to apo. Don't give this stuff about it costing $100 because that's just a load of crap.

This, IMO, is right up there with them making you *ask* for a credit to your card if they don't have something. I have NEVER had a company not have something in stock and then not credit my card.

The shipping was what made me stop ordering from ATRS, they have sales and I know for a fact that we were all reviewing stuff b/c we were posting about it and yet so many people's reviews didn't show up so the price didn't drop like it should have and then the shipping is so high they're making back what they're giving up on the sale anyway. You can use flat rate shipping and it's only $9.95 and the boxes are free.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll be here at some point to hash out their customer service issues :rolleyes: I say dispute the charges with your credit card company. I think you can just dispute part of it, so it's not like you're trying to get over on them. Also, check with the postal service, here we can refuse delivery or if the package is unopened we can return to sender at no cost to us. Ask them for the weight of the package and then put in the numbers at usps.com to see what they really had to pay.

I think they way the fact that they won't ship to military overseas, even though it's the same price as shipping in the U.S. is just disgraceful. I've stopped ordering from them and just get what I need from Papertrey, Eclectic Paperie, GinkK, Bellas, EllenH, Jacksonbelle, (who's the other person that sells embellishments on ebay? I've ordered but never remember). Such good customer service fromt he small places. I emailed EP asking if they were getting the doodlebug houses and they said they could if I wanted them. I waited and don't you know, a few weeks later I got an email from them telling me the Doodlebug houses I had requested were now in and they gave me a coupons code for being so patient. I was FLOORED that they remembered and I am so quick to send people there now.

They should have disabled shipping if they didn't ship to Canada. I mean with the piles of paperwork they claim they had to do you would think they would have noticed it was going to Canada.:rolleyes:

Good luck, sorry this happened. I know how exciting it is to get new stuff and then to have it be a problem really stinks.
Kookie Creator

When the first thread was posted about frugalities I rushed right out of my igloo to have a look! After a few minutes selecting what I wanted, I clicked on the check out button. I do this EVERY time I place an order online with a new company. Most companies won't give you a shipping quote till you chack out, thankfully, most companies have a "cancel order" button after you view the shipping.

That first day I posted that shipping was $53.95 for me in Canada, and it has never improved. Shame on them for charging so much. Shame on them for saying it costs that much to ship here when FANTASTIC companies like Cornish Heritage Farms and Papertrey make NO claims like that and charge reasonable ammounts. (sorry ginak, haven't been to your site yet, thinking I will be there sometime today though!)

Lastly, shame on them for making the shiping rediculously high in the hopes that you wouldn't choose that option. If they don't want to ship here, state it on your website, CLEARLY on the first page, and DON'T accept international orders. That way, we know upfront to take our business eleswhere.

Clean your home without chemicals!
Find out how...
Kookie Creator

tee hee!

I think myhappyplace and I were typing the same thoughts at the same time!

Clean your home without chemicals!
Find out how...
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30View Post
*note to self...check out Gina's site today.* ;) LOL

I have also mailed packages to both Canada and the UK and it's one stinkin' TINY form to fill out...it literally takes about two extra mins...address of who it's going to, what's in the package (which kinda stinks when you want it to be a surprise! LOL) and the monetary value. That's it.

I'm glad you are getting the word out about Frugalities, though....most of us on SCS appreciate hearing about companies like this.
When you want it to be a surprise, that's bad enough but the value being on there is the killer. I got $200 in Bellas once and it said RIGHT on the outside of the envelope (and it's a little envelope since they're UM), $200 :shock: I can't even imagine DH getting the mail that day. Somehow seeing it in ink on that paper just made it seem so bad LOL
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
That said, here is my general rant not directed at anyone: I really have low tolerance for stores that charge high prices to Canada - the ship rates are almost the SAME as the US for regular mail, not priority. They say it takes time to fill customs forms, or whatever - but that is part of customer service. If we are willing to pay the extra duty to buy from you, come on! Appreciate us as customers. to that effect - if you don't like a stores policies, don't buy from them. Support the fair ship sites. There are so many out there.
Hi Suzy,
I know you said that this wasn't directed at anyone, and I don't feel at all like it was directed at me. But I did want to make this one little comment for everyone to hear.

I used to ship things to Canada by regular airmail. The price was right but it seemed to take forever to get to my customers and quite a few times, things never got there. That is really frustrating for both the customer and the vendor.

I started using Global priority mail and everything got to everyone so fast and safe that I felt better about offering it that way. For really heavy stuff, like Marvy punches, I still tend to go airmail just so it's more cost effective for the customer. But some companies may have experienced some of those same things so maybe that's why they choose Global priority instead. Just a thought. But I totally feel your pain when it comes to paying suty. That an be a real pain in the tush, especially when you make a large purchase and do pay a lot for shipping.
Hugs to you!!
Gina K.

Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
Ladies lets not jump the gun. I never ordered from Frugalities because they said they do not ship to Canada. I think there was human and software error going on and I am sure she will get it straightened out.

I have ordered from their sister company, addictedtorubberstamping and they DO ship to Canada, and honored a 40% off coupon for me. Shipping was kind of costly but not outrageous ($10 for one stamp - when package arrives it cost them $3.76) but I REALLY wanted that stamp and got it at 40% off and I am happy. They shipped with care and super fast.

Suzy,
BTW, Thank you soooo much for including me on your list of Candian Friendly retailers!!! What a great resource for our Candian friends! Big {{{{HUGS}}}}to you! You guys should check that out!

Here is Suzy's great link- http://www.suzys.net/cretailers.html
Gina K.

Hardware Hotshot

I have always considered your pricing fair - your wonderful stamps are on my wish list and I love that they support a cause. Why in the heck haven't I ordered? I don't know. But I DEFINATELY didn't mean you!

You charge exact shipping. I mean companies that charge like $20 and you see right on the package it cost them $4. That kind of thing. Profitting off of shipping.

Quote:

Hi Suzy,
I know you said that this wasn't directed at anyone, and I don't feel at all like it was directed at me. But I did want to make this one little comment for everyone to hear.

I used to ship things to Canada by regular airmail. The price was right but it seemed to take forever to get to my customers and quite a few times, things never got there. That is really frustrating for both the customer and the vendor.

I started using Global priority mail and everything got to everyone so fast and safe that I felt better about offering it that way. For really heavy stuff, like Marvy punches, I still tend to go airmail just so it's more cost effective for the customer. But some companies may have experienced some of those same things so maybe that's why they choose Global priority instead. Just a thought. But I totally feel your pain when it comes to paying suty. That an be a real pain in the tush, especially when you make a large purchase and do pay a lot for shipping.
Hugs to you!!
Gina K.

Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Suzy,
BTW, Thank you soooo much for including me on your list of Candian Friendly retailers!!! What a great resource for our Candian friends! Big {{{{HUGS}}}}to you! You guys should check that out!

Here is Suzy's great link- http://www.suzys.net/cretailers.html
Gina K.

Thanks Gina - it really needs updating I need to work on that. And I need to place an order I HAVE to have your wishing well set!!!!

Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
As a new customer to Frugalities, how would YOU know they don't ship to Canada?? I don't always read the Help pages.
I have always read the terms of shipping from each online company. If they don't look good, then I won't even bother to search the site. Saves me from a lot of grief and buyer-envy!
Polyshrink Goddess

They have said all along that it's not reasonable to ship to Canada. Sorry you got stuck...they suck
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I think that the issue of pricing shipping to Canada is totally overblown. It's just not so much hassle or expense that people need to give blood in order to pay for shipping.

My thing is, any company that will not ship to military facilities througout the world will never get my business. Period. These people are where they are to support our country's interests abroad. IF there's extra effort to get shipments to them, it should be worth it to a company that wants my business.
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Well, I think that the issue of pricing shipping to Canada is totally overblown. It's just not so much hassle or expense that people need to give blood in order to pay for shipping.

My thing is, any company that will not ship to military facilities througout the world will never get my business. Period. These people are where they are to support our country's interests abroad. IF there's extra effort to get shipments to them, it should be worth it to a company that wants my business.
I agree. I would love to actually see companies give free shipping to APOs or military bases (I'm not military so is there a way to know if an address is on a base?) on 4th of July or Veteran's Day or something. I just can't imagine moving my kids every few years, never mind overseas where you can't get decent crafting supplies LOL
Stampin' Fool

Get on the phone to your CC company and dispute it. And then email to cancel.
There is no way they should be charging that much even to ship to canada. I just sent a package to Australia and with the cheap rate it was 5.40.
Stampin' Fool

Oh and I saw the expensive paperwork, full of crap. It is expensive to fill out a form??? They are nuts and will never get any business from me either, and I will pass it around. I think they just bit themselves in the b*tt.
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplaceView Post
I agree. I would love to actually see companies give free shipping to APOs or military bases (I'm not military so is there a way to know if an address is on a base?) on 4th of July or Veteran's Day or something. I just can't imagine moving my kids every few years, never mind overseas where you can't get decent crafting supplies LOL
I LOVE you!! Tee Hee No really, though...open a store so I can get free shipping! ;) Actually, scrapyourtrip.com gives us free shipping and if you are on the Free Ship club with JoAnn's, you get it too! I do feel blessed that we have so many retailers that will take the time to ship to us.

And, to answer your question, you can tell an address is overseas military by the city/state. All overseas military have APO/FPO city codes and AP/AE state codes. We also have our own zip codes that go to military sorting facilities in either San Francisco or New York, so they could even link it by zip if they wanted. Where there is a will, there is a way.

I hope the OP got this resolved. I am sorry it happened to you! I knew about the crazy shipping costs, so I have not ordered from them myself. They charge that same amount for APO addresses...and our address is considered a US addy! (Although the USPS does require a customs form...but otherwise they are paying to ship it to San Francisco!!)

Good luck to you!!
Stazon Splitcoast

i'm irritated that they have the nerve to say it cost more to send to apo/fpo addresses! that is sooooooooooo not true! the only difference is adding the customs form...and (as everyone has already stated) that is soooooooo minor!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
I understand your frustration, however, your very best recourse is always to contact the company directly and express your concern.

In fairness to them, I'd extend them an opportunity to work through any problems I bring to their attention through direct contact, before taking any further action.

Most companies are genuinely interested in customer satisfaction and eager to resolve any problems, if you communicate directly with them.

Best wishes for a successful resolution.
My thoughts exactly! It could be their automated shipping software conjured up this price based on weight and in reality it's not what you will be charged. Definitely give them an opportunity to make it right!:mrgreen:
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandmvdsView Post
My thoughts exactly! It could be their automated shipping software conjured up this price based on weight and in reality it's not what you will be charged. Definitely give them an opportunity to make it right!:mrgreen:
I don't think her weight was an issue. She just got some inks, bone folder, and a 6 X 6 album. All which could have EASILY fit in a flat rate international priority box for around 18.00 and up to 20 pounds.

I do agree that if they set it right then forgive and forget, but until then they need to see that that kind of business is not going to be tolerated.
Kookie Creator

This is enough to turn me off from ordering from them. I think that is outrageous! I've deleted them from my fave stores and won't be visiting their site. Doesn't sound like they are trying to meet you at least halfway about this.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

To the original poster, I hope you CALL them and let us know what they say! Hopefully they will make it right for you.

I placed my first order with Frugalities the other day, when it was 49% discount day. I didn't like that my shipping came to $14.95! I thought that was a lot, when I'm pretty sure they could get it all in a flat-rate box (the one that used to cost about $8.25 - don't know what it is with the price increase). But with a 49% discount on the merchandise, I decided to go ahead and order from them.

Shipping varies so much - All That Scraps (one of my favorite e-stores) has free shipping over $10!!! And I just ordered my Scor-Pal and the shipping was $8.25 and the item was only $39.95. I ordered from Gina K for the first time on 9/11 (when 10% went to the 911 Children's Fund) and I thought her shipping charges were quite reasonable. And I'm waiting for my first Bellas (my oldest DD is pregnant, so I couldn't hold off any longer!), and though I'm sure it will be worth the wait, it takes a LONG time for those little stamps to get here! Though I realize she's in Canada and I'm in the US....

Just my two cents...
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Stampin' Fool

just thought id share the "nasty" letter that i was sent

The $10~$12 rate would have been the domestic rate to a US address.

We state on our help pages very clearly that we are NOT a cost effective solution for Canadian customers. We stated during the checkout process that we are NOT a cost effective way to ship to Canada. We clearly displayed the shipping charges. Your daughter cannot just press "NEXT" to bypass approval of these charges. She would have had to specifically check the box right next to $55.95 and THEN click on the next button. Even still we reiterated the charges one more time in an order summary screen. Once again she would have had to scroll down through all of the charges and have approved them.

I completely agree that the charges are high. They are not excessive, but they are high. This is why we so frequently warned on our web site that we are NOT a cost effective way to ship to Canada. We are not set up to handle international orders. We do not even ship to APO/FPO (US) addresses. This is all clearly detailed on out Help pages.

But it is certainly true that we disclosed the prices. We disclosed that we are not a cost effective solution. Your daughter choose to accept those charged. Repeatedly she went past the numerous warnings.

All of this happened very late at night and perhaps she was tired.

Now, the story is worse because it cost us even more to ship the parcel than we charged you. The processing cost for your order that we had to pay was almost $100. Your order required the warehouse to do a special run, to specially process this one order, etc etc. Truly, we would have rathered that your daughter just READ the web site and see that we are NOT equipped to ship orders to Canada. Your loss is also our loss.

The retail price of the items purchased was about $75. Has you purchased from a web site that actually was set up to do Canadian shipping the charges would have been about $20. So the order has a value of about $95, give or take.

You were charged $101 for the order. So in fact we're arguing about a "rip off" of about $6.

I know that you don't care that your daughter cost us almost $100 to ship the parcel. I know that you don't care that your daughter threw all caution to the wind in placing this order. And I do understand that you don't feel that you should be at all responsible for anything that your daughter does online. We do live in a time when we are not responsible for either our own actions or for the costs that we impose upon others.

So, recognizing this (and yes, we do feel rather abused here in this situation) I will propose that we credit your account $25. I researched what your daughter would have paid for these items had she purchased them from our sister division at the lowest price we have sold them for in the past 6 months. That division does offer Canadian shipping ($18 by the way). The total would have come to $78. You paid $102. So that is a difference of $24. We'll round it up to $25.

With a $25 credit you would get the items at the best price our sister division would have offered them for, and they are set up to ship to Canada. You would still be getting a savings of about 20% off the retail prices. So it is a good, fair deal.

We'll ignore the fact that this entire disaster will cost us $125, because I know that is of no concern to you.

I won't ask for an apology. But let me know if this is acceptable and if you think it is fair.

I don't mean to be as rude as I sound here. But it is quite upsetting when people disregard very conspicuous warnings. You have made us seem like we're being deceptive in some way when it is just not the case. We make an average of 50-cents an order. We will have to work for 250 orders--half a day of work to make up for this loss.

EMail back and I'll credit your account the $25. I just need to know that it will be acceptable.

The good news is that we have a software update that will simply deny orders to Canada. So this won't happen a second time.

-DJ, Customer Service

Stampin' Fool

To the OP...I hope you continue to fight it and win!!! That is outrageous.

I had a similar experience just this past weekend and I live in California. It wasn't for stamp supplies but rather some taillights that my DH wants to get my 15 DS for his little truck they are rebuilding. Well, in the store they are $250 so they looked on line. They found some that similar to what they were looking for for $90.00. Whoooohoooo I said. Order 'em up. Well, DS takes my credit card and get ready to finish his purchase when he notices that the shipping isn't the $15.69 he thought it said. It was $156.90 to ship these babies. Kicker is...they can't weigh more than 4 lbs and we live only 3 hours away from where they were shipping from. HELLO!!!! Trying to recapture some of the "sale" price?

They kept looking and found another place that had them for $131...with FREE shipping. Yup...guess who got our order!

I personally think that they should only be able to charge what it actually costs for shipping. And what is the "handling" garbage? Of course you are going to have to handle it to send it out...why do they get to charge extra? I can understand a flat rate..dollar or two for handling...especially if they have hired special employees to do the job. However, a percentage of the cost? I just don't understand it.

Good luck to you.
Stampin' Fool

OK...now I can say WOW. That is a very rude letter. Especially all the parts about "we know you don't care", etc...

Also, watch out for the "credit your account part". My understanding is that they will give you a frugalalites credit which will be worthless to you since they won't ship to Canada anymore.

Of course, if I were you I would return the whole order unopened and file a dispute with my credit card. I wouldn't care if it cost me ten times the amount to replace the items. I would not allow someone to speak to a customer in that way.