Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-06-2006, 06:44 AM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Publication Incentives

Here's a list of Publication Incentives . Incentives differ from company to company. As for getting paid by a Publication for your submission - not all magazines pay $, some pay you in free issues of the magazine.
The two companies that I design for (Innovative Stamp Creations and Lasting Impression with Panache highly encourage you to send your items in for publication. What better advertising for them!

HTH
Lisa Somerville
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 07:57 AM   #42  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

I haven't actually seen an answer to one question. Are the ladies who are designers able to pay the bills with it. I'm not asking how much you make. I'm just wondering if it is a job where you make a significant amount of money. For instance, my husband loves music. He is a wedding DJ. He has a lot invested in his equipment, and buys new music from a DJ service all the time. He does a few weddings a year, and he does dances at the senior centers nearby (for a very low fee). Basically, what he makes pays for what he invests in the DJ service, maybe a little extra. He definitely can't afford to quit his weekday job. We would be living on the street.
So, my question is: do you make the money to support your family, or is it more like my DH's DJ business?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 08:00 AM   #43  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamuelamom
. . . I do have one question and that is, since, say, SU!, A Muse, etc. designs are copyrighted, how is it that designers are able to get permission submitting them for publication in non SU publications, and then get compensated for the designs themselves? Is it just a matter of giving proper credit to the products they use in the card "recipe" or do they have to get special permission from those companies before they submit their work? . . .
SU! permits anyone to create a finished project and submit it for publication in print periodicals. Most companies are very willing to see projects published in magazines featuring their images due to the exposure it gives their company.

However, most companies, including SU!, do not permit anyone to submit projects for publication in something more permanent such as a book, without their express consent. In the case of SU!, when I requested permission to use their images for a book, they informed me that they do not permit anyone to use their images for publication in a book other than their own in-house design team. They want projects featured in books to truly reflect the company's style, and since random submissions from random artists would not fulfill that purpose, they elect to only allow their in-house design team to submit for books. Among other marketing reasons, I'm sure this is another reason why they no longer feature demonstrator creations in their Idea Book & Catalog any more.

I would strongly urge anyone submitting projects for publication in a book to contact the manufacturers of each and every company whose images they would like to use in order to make sure they are operating within copyright law and indeed have the company's permission.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 08:07 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Julie - when you say "book", what do you mean?....would card creations 4, for example, be deemed a book? or do you mean an actual hardcover type publication? just wondering... I too would like to know if it would be considered more of a "moonlighting" type job or something that would add to the families finances...great thread...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #45  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithane
I haven't actually seen an answer to one question. Are the ladies who are designers able to pay the bills with it. I'm not asking how much you make. I'm just wondering if it is a job where you make a significant amount of money. For instance, my husband loves music. He is a wedding DJ. He has a lot invested in his equipment, and buys new music from a DJ service all the time. He does a few weddings a year, and he does dances at the senior centers nearby (for a very low fee). Basically, what he makes pays for what he invests in the DJ service, maybe a little extra. He definitely can't afford to quit his weekday job. We would be living on the street.
So, my question is: do you make the money to support your family, or is it more like my DH's DJ business?
If you pursue it like you would any full-time job, yes, it is "possible" to make that type of income.

I say "possible" because there is no guarantee of income for the time, effort and creative energy applied to it. In the case of publishing creations alone, you must be dedicated to submitting works in a high and steady volume, and to publications that compensate, if income is your objective. Many do not realize how time-consuming this type of WORK is--and it's sometimes very grueling, due to the issue of deadlines, and juggling numerous deadlines.

And, your income is dependent upon whether or not an editor selects your pieces for publication.

And, there are also other means for designers to also earn income, if they can fit those jobs in among the above.

I had a chance to chat with a very well-known and long-time designer at CHA in Chicago a few weeks ago. For her privacy, I will keep her name anonymous, and she mentioned, "People who don't do this for a living, always think it's so glamorous. Truth is, it's far from it. It's hard WORK!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 08:16 AM   #46  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper-c
Julie - when you say "book", what do you mean?....would card creations 4, for example, be deemed a book? or do you mean an actual hardcover type publication? just wondering... I too would like to know if it would be considered more of a "moonlighting" type job or something that would add to the families finances...great thread...
Anything hard-cover or similar to hardcover. In other words, NOT a print periodical (magazine). Card Creations by Paper Crafts falls under the classification of "periodical".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #47  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
If you pursue it like you would any full-time job, yes, it is "possible" to make that type of income.

I say "possible" because there is no guarantee of income for the time, effort and creative energy applied to it. In the case of publishing creations alone, you must be dedicated to submitting works in a high and steady volume, and to publications that compensate, if income is your objective. Many do not realize how time-consuming this type of WORK is--and it's sometimes very grueling, due to the issue of deadlines, and juggling numerous deadlines.

And, your income is dependent upon whether or not an editor selects your pieces for publication.

And, there are also other means for designers to also earn income, if they can fit those jobs in among the above.

I had a chance to chat with a very well-known and long-time designer at CHA in Chicago a few weeks ago. For her privacy, I will keep her name anonymous, and she mentioned, "People who don't do this for a living, always think it's so glamorous. Truth is, it's far from it. It's hard WORK!"
Thanks, Julie. That's what I wondered. That makes sense. Like any job, you have to put in a lot of time to make money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Anything hard-cover or similar to hardcover. In other words, NOT a print periodical (magazine). Card Creations by Paper Crafts falls under the classification of "periodical".
Thanks for all this information - so interesting! I have a ? that I hope isn't inappropriate. Do the companies fly concept/teachers to the CHA shows? Probably none of my business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #49  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbies
Thanks for all this information - so interesting! I have a ? that I hope isn't inappropriate. Do the companies fly concept/teachers to the CHA shows? Probably none of my business.
Depends on the company, their budget allowances for such things, and the purpose of sending someone to such shows.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 09:03 AM   #50  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Just wondering what "other means" are there?

Thanks,
Christine

Logging in each and every day to be inspired by SCS'ers everywhere!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #51  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketgirl96
Just wondering what "other means" are there?

Thanks,
Christine
Writing industry related articles (requires the ability to write, and do research independently on the topics assigned or contracted for), teaching, contracted design work for projects outside of publication, product design and development, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #52  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Julie, I agree with your anonymous friend! There can be many benefits, but I wouldn't call it glam.

Another thought, I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. Loneliness. So much work has to be done in private. That can be really tough, for me anyway! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 09:28 AM   #53  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa
Another thought, I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. Loneliness. So much work has to be done in private. That can be really tough, for me anyway! ;)
It's funny that you mention that, Lisa... do you mean loneliness as in you're stamping alone most of the time? Or loneliness as in sometimes not being able to share your creations, etc? I know that depending on the personality of the designer, stamping alone can be lonely, but I just can't make things work when I'm stamping with someone else! My ideas just do not flow and I can not get anything accomplished whatsoever! I think I'm a secret introvert ;) .
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Interesting, Jess!

I'm very similar to you in that I am most productive when stamping alone; I am too social when stamping with others to accomplish much.

Julie =

But, bless your heart, you already know that about me! ;) chuckle!

I am gathering that what Mona Lisa is referring to (I still call her ML, cuz I just love that! giggle!), is having to restrict what to share and what not. We get so excited when something turns out well, and want to share that excitement with someone else, eh? But, frequently, the work has to be kept under wraps for various reasons, and that can make for a lonely feeling for those who just naturally enjoy sharing, UKWIM?

In one instance, over a year ago, a book publisher requested designs from me and I produced 3 they wanted to feature. I was compensated for them, but that particular book never actually materialized. To this day, I still cannot show those creations because I sold the rights to them and they are no longer "mine" to do so and they never issued me a "drop" notice . . .

And, on another instance, I have an ensemble project that I was thrilled to have accepted for publication back in May 06, but it will be a year from the time it was accepted, before it will ever be seen, due to when they deemed it suitable for publication, according to their editorial calendar. And, no, I haven't yet been paid for it . . . and it's possible it could be "dropped" between now and when the issue actually is sent to press. . . In the meantime, there is nothing I can do but continue to keep it under wraps the entire time.

So, I can definitely understand Mona Lisa's reference to "lonely", from that perpsective.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #55  
Glitter Guru

Julie ----your "yammering" smilies made me laugh out loud --my son had to come see what was so funny!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #56  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

You hit the nail on my head Julie. That is exactly what I am talking about...

Here is the intro to my blog:

Mona Lisa Moments

A nickname throughout my schooling years, now captures what I aspire to create for myself and others...Mona Lisa Moments. I am a lover of all things stamping and paper crafting. Whether teaching or creating, I am always learning.

This is really part of my DNA as a stamper. An example: My Stamp Club last year was really a teaching class. I could never make is as a real demo because I can't stand doing workshops!

I *love* to teach men and women to use all the tools available to stampers. Seeing them improve their skills over the year we spent together was what made all of my time and effort worthwhile. Just as with my design work, I made a tremendous amount of effort for these women. I taught a minimum of 7 techniques or tips per evening, 3.5 hours of non-stop info! They were all exhausted at the end but loved it. They constantly referred to their books because they completed all the techniques themselves. It was funny (and sometimes challenging) because they never wanted to miss a class! ..and their friends were always wanting to borrow their Technique Books. :mrgreen:

This example illustrates why it is a challenge for me to design "alone". I can't get a blessed thing done when stamping with other women. Like Julie, I am chatter and love talking about stamping so much that sometimes I lose my breath! ha! What gets me is when I have discovered something neato, (especially) with SU! products, and can't share it with all of these wonderful demos! :( I figure I might as well make them some money since I can't do it! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

In one instance, over a year ago, a book publisher requested designs from me and I produced 3 they wanted to feature. I was compensated for them, but that particular book never actually materialized. To this day, I still cannot show those creations because I sold the rights to them and they are no longer "mine" to do so and they never issued me a "drop" notice . . .

And, on another instance, I have an ensemble project that I was thrilled to have accepted for publication back in May 06, but it will be a year from the time it was accepted, before it will ever be seen, due to when they deemed it suitable for publication, according to their editorial calendar. And, no, I haven't yet been paid for it . . . and it's possible it could be "dropped" between now and when the issue actually is sent to press. . . In the meantime, there is nothing I can do but continue to keep it under wraps the entire time.

So, I can definitely understand Mona Lisa's reference to "lonely", from that perpsective.
Dear Julie, don't you know all 80,000+ of us here will keep it under wraps if you share it in your gallery. : TOP SECRET - we promise. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #58  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUSIKEL
Dear Julie, don't you know all 80,000+ of us here will keep it under wraps if you share it in your gallery. : TOP SECRET - we promise. :rolleyes:

chuckling . . . ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #59  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Wink Apologies for the mini-jack . . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilwaukeeMommy
Julie ----your "yammering" smilies made me laugh out loud --my son had to come see what was so funny!!
I *adore* the smilies over at www.millan.net So much so, that I subscribe to Millan "Extra" so I can have the full Monty! ;) SweetMissDaisy turned me on to Millan. They just CRACK me!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #60  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Me too! Me three...

Here is one of my favorites!

Hijack over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #61  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Julie, I agree with your anonymous friend! There can be many benefits, but I wouldn't call it glam.

To me, this is one of the hardest things. Especially with friends I was so used to sharing with. for me it was even heartbreaking because I love sharing... and bouncing things off other stampers... like... "Hey... what does this need?" I have 2 friends in particular that I still share with occasionally... but I try really hard not to ask for input because I would feel bad if it were to be published... like I was taking advantage of them.
Now that I am venturing into product design with We R Memory Keepers... my lips have to be so super glued that I think by head is going to burst sometimes. So... I feel alone a lot. I am glad I have a good DH and DD's to share things with though!
And it is anything but glam... It is a full time job... no kidding. besides publication submission and DT assignments, I create art for Ad's, Trade shows, website features and even instruction sheets for retail stores. there are a ton of behind the scene jobs to be done. AND... Paperwork... a ton of it.(I hate paperwork too) Also, research... you constantly have to research trends and companies. I am creating art for submission that is going to be out in MAY 07 already! that's the longest lead time... 6 months is the average. So when you get that issue of Paper Crafts think about how cool it is that those designers had those fresh ideas at least 6 months before! That still blows my mind!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #62  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa
I have 2 friends in particular that I still share with occasionally... but I try really hard not to ask for input because I would feel bad if it were to be published... like I was taking advantage of them.
It is a full time job... no kidding. besides publication submission and DT assignments, I create art for Ad's, Trade shows, website features and even instruction sheets for retail stores. there are a ton of behind the scene jobs to be done. AND... Paperwork... a ton of it.(I hate paperwork too) Also, research... you constantly have to research trends and companies. I am creating art for submission that is going to be out in MAY 07 already! that's the longest lead time... 6 months is the average. So when you get that issue of Paper Crafts think about how cool it is that those designers had those fresh ideas at least 6 months before! That still blows my mind!
Also very well said Leese! It seems like the submissions are becoming a side-job compared to all of the other things I need to get done! ...and the paperwork, wow! Who knew?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa
my best advice if you are interested in pursuing a design job is to take products that you don't care for... be it an image of patterned paper and create.... this will stretch your abilities. Someone once told me that a good designer can design something fun with any stamp image or piece of paper. I had to overcome patterned paper issues! LOL!
I have to chime in on this too. Of course I am not going to be a fan of every image that needs promotion. I have color preferences too. But, it is imperative that I design with a range of readers in mind. Thus, my recently self-imposed brown ban. I love brown, but I was using it too much! This has been one of my greatest times of growth, stretching myself to find an appealing way to use almost anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

WOW - how could I have missed such a fun thread! I ditto everything you girls have said thus far. And yeap I can tell you when Julie and I get together we really don't get ANYTHING stamped! LOL. And I never seem to get anything stamped when others come to stamp either, because it usually turns into a "teaching" gig of sorts. So if I need to work, I need to do it alone :(

I have to agree that the "secrecy" indeed makes it "lonely". I too need to work by myself in order to accomplish anything, but when you hit on a sure fire "winning" idea - it is incredibly difficult to "not share" it. It is in our blood to just give it away. A couple of years ago I was talking with one of the SU leaders and she told me that I would need to learn to "protect" my ideas if I wanted to be compensated for them. What a shocking discovery that has been. Unfortunately if we need to help feed our families and earn a living doing this, we have to scurry around in the dark. I don't like that part at all!!!

Things that have helped me are really vague I guess you might say. I can personally attest to spending enormous amounts of time reading. Yep, reading - everything I can possibly lay my eyes on. Trade magazines, retailer magazines, interior design and fashion magazines, technique books - the list goes on and on and on.

In order to try and establish oneself you need to set the trends and not follow them. That takes a significant amount of time, thought and study. One never knows what the next trend is going to be, but if you start thinking innovatively pretty soon you start developing a whole new way of thinking and those "out there" ideas start to happen.

What makes this challenging business so inviting though is the "eyes" of the women I teach. When the light comes on and the sparkle happens, when you hear them say - "I had no idea I could do something creative!" - that's the moment that grabs my heart and makes me think - yep, I'm doing the right thing.

So in a nutshell it is VERY HARD work - many nights my bedtime is around 1:00 or 2:00 a.m., but I am drivin' by a very simple dream - I dream of enriching the lives of all those whose paths cross with mine through my actions and creativity. I also dream of filling any new project with the energy and enthusiasm that lies at the core of my being. For me this is what it's all about!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #64  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllenH
WOW - how could I have missed such a fun thread! I ditto everything you girls have said thus far. And yeap I can tell you when Julie and I get together we really don't get ANYTHING stamped! LOL.
That's cuz we is too busy laffin' and PIMPin', Ellen!
(chuckling hard!!!)

And, because Ellen is stampin' GENIUS. My brain hikes out the door when I am with her. I sit there with my mouth gapin' open, as my head swivels 360 degrees atop my shoulders in her studio, gazing at her works, when I'm not laffin' and PIMPin'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #65  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Thanks!

Thanks Julie for answering my question. I had no idea there were so many ways to actually make rubber stamping into a job. Hmmm...I may have to look into doing this seriously.

And I also want to thank everyone else who has taken the time to respond to this thread. It has really opened my eyes and is very interesting. For a long time, I've wanted to make rubber stamping into much more than a hobby but did not want to become a demo (for various reasons). Even if I don't take it to the next level, I do feel more informed because of this thread and I'd like to thank everyone for sharing what they could.

Thanks!

Logging in each and every day to be inspired by SCS'ers everywhere!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

aww Jules - we need to schedule a laugh fest!!!!

Genius - you have me ROTFLMBO - I firmly believe that GENIUS is looking me in the eyeballs when you are sitting across the table from me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

Red face Thanks for sharing!

You ladies never seiz to amaze me! I am so thrilled that I found this thread and am hanging on every detail that you all have shared! I have been giving a lot of thought to something along these lines and hadn't spoke up to ask where to begin. I don't know what I'll be doing a year from now, but if it has anything to do with designing or publishing, I have you all to thank
Looks like I better get my ideas flowing and sent out though! You all are amazing.

BTW Julie, you had me LMAO when I saw your "LMAO" smiley:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #68  
Stampin' Fool

Red face

Umm...duh, it's late here. I meant cease:oops: to amaze me. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 11:12 PM   #69  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks so much for the very interesting input from all the professional artists here. Very nice for the lay person (like myself) to know how things work in the business world.

Thanks again ladies, for all your inspiration here. Best wishes to you all on your professional paths.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 10:53 AM   #70  
Insane Embellisher

Question

Thank you to all the celebrity stampers who shared what it is like to be a published designer and artist! Who hoo!

I do have a question. Do you ever feel overwhelmed, and then do you lose the will to stamp or create because of it? I guess what I am really asking is.... does it ever become "not fun anymore"?

KWIM?

Thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 12:57 PM   #71  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by skywaitress
I do have a question. Do you ever feel overwhelmed, and then do you lose the will to stamp or create because of it? I guess what I am really asking is.... does it ever become "not fun anymore"?
The best way I can describe it - anything worth doing is hard work. I do have periods where deadlines are looming, priorities are being shuffled and I am stretched. During these times you either learn to work on a new level or learn what the formula is for you to move through a stamper's block.

I have never sat down to complete something and not enjoyed it. Does that mean that I have not been frustrated?! HECK YA, I have been frustrated....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 01:52 PM   #72  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by skywaitress
I have had this happen to me once... for about a week. it was the best thing though... it made me stop and think about some things and remember to take time to just create for fun. That's when I decided to stamp for myself on Sunday... no work (never did work,... just didn't stamp at all) and I stamp with my kids and for my friends. it's a great Sunday activity. So... this self imposed rule of mine has helped me maintain the loving part of my job and I can work on my book of remembrance with my kids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 04:08 PM   #73  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

The best way I can describe it - anything worth doing is hard work. I do have periods where deadlines are looming, priorities are being shuffled and I am stretched. During these times you either learn to work on a new level or learn what the formula is for you to move through a stamper's block.

I have never sat down to complete something and not enjoyed it. Does that mean that I have not been frustrated?! HECK YA, I have been frustrated....
Ditto!

I think, for me, the worst frustration, is not having enough TIME to do everything rolling around in my head. There just aren't enough hours and I have yet to figure out how to function without food or sleep. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 04:29 PM   #74  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

There just aren't enough hours and I have yet to figure out how to function without food or sleep. ;)
We're supposed to sleep AND eat?! :rolleyes: I've just been eating!!!

*munch, munch munch........*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 06:52 PM   #75  
Insane Embellisher

I totally understand the "working on a new level". Like when you work really good under pressure. I am this way sometimes. Everything just jives. But mostly I like to take my time and let the ideas in my head work their way through to the cardstock, if I force it, it just doesnt turn out the way I envision. KWIM? I think having deadlines would kill me!

Slight Hijack-I grew up in Bellevue WA! Mona Lisa, Julie HRR and Lisa Lisa, funny how you all are livin' in the same area! I do miss the Pacific Northwest!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2006, 04:27 AM   #76  
Insane Embellisher

Oh, and EllenH too! practically next door neighbors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2006, 12:19 PM   #77  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow... so much goes on when I'm not paying attention to stamping, and unpacking boxes instead!

Well said, chums!
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 01:11 PM   #78  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetMissDaisy
Wow... so much goes on when I'm not paying attention to stamping, and unpacking boxes instead!

Well said, chums!
Yes SMD! We'd love to hear from you also when you take a breather from unpacking all those boxes. Maybe when you go out to feed the chickens or pop out in your garden? Oh and please be careful of protruding screws!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #79  
Die Cut Diva

And I thought nursing was hard work. I have a further appreciation for all the designers do. Constant flow of ideas and deadlines sounds overwhelming to me.
Thanks everyone for you input.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #80  
Compulsive Stamper

Wow! You ladies are amazing. Thanks for all your insights into the business side of stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes