Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2009, 06:14 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, since I left SU I became affiliated with a company, something that I could not have done had I remained. The money that I spent on SU has mostly gone into purchasing storage items! (and my room is still a mess...)

Now that SU is offering unmounted with the image on the back, with a storage container!! I'm sure some of my stamping money will go to buy a few of those sets!

The only customer I had to inform that I was leaving was me as I was a true hobby demo. I took it well!

I hope that the remaining demos make a bundle! I know for some it was a no brainer to continue but for some it was a hard decision to give up other design work and stay with SU. So best wishes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 06:18 AM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not a demo and do not commit myself to one company. the last 6 months I have joined the copic craze and am looking to different single character stamps. love
whiff of joy, magnolia, sugar nellie, whipper snapper. these stamps are larger single stamps and not such small detailed stamps; which Su doesn't seem to get into single character stamps

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 06:24 AM   #43  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I do have to tell you that my Friday Night Stamp Camp is no longer the really fun event it used to be...and we ordered more last year. My demo has gone from helping us save money to asking us to spend more (which no one did and I was hostess for the month) and limiting our 'discussions' to only SU. Kind of a bummer and everyone left early buying only the minimum. I miss the days when we could talk about other stamps we bought and use tools not SU related. I brought my Score Pal to show everyone and she got offended b/c it was not a SU product. The girls asked me to bring it and show them how it works.

Anyway, I won't be obligating myself after this year. The whole new 'tude just is not as upbeat. And, I love seeing what the other companies have to offer. I know you ladies that are moving on will be happy and be able to see so many other places and styles of stamping. Good luck to all of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 07:38 AM   #44  
Watercolor Wizard

I've always bought what I like from different companies, so I'll keep that up. I'll also likely eventually replace my SU inks and papers with Papertrey's line. I like their paper quality and it works well with Copics. As for buying more stamps, I plan to actually use the ones I have! That and get rid of some. I have way too many wood-mounted stamps and I'm so over storing them. So, off to e-bay they go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:27 AM   #45  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bichon loverView Post
I will continue to give classes out of my home and my previous customers are excited to learn about other products. I have purchased quite a bit from PTI, destressing inks, cuttlebug folders, Waltzinghouse, Flourishes, Justrite and Spellbinders. I have Copics and need a class - will be searching for one in my area.

I have told my stamping buddies that I will refer them to a SU demo in my area, but so far no one has asked.
How are you handling your classes? As you are not selling product, per se, are you just charging a class fee? Doing kits? Interested in more information! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jodeenjbView Post
How are you handling your classes? As you are not selling product, per se, are you just charging a class fee? Doing kits? Interested in more information! Thanks!
I am charging a little bit more. Classes used to be $18, but are now going to be $25. They all expected that I would charge more for a class and they are good with that. I usually have 10 people with 2 tables going. We do 5 items. I plan to do some kits, but haven't really put that together yet. They love learning about new products and it has all been good, so far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

while I was so sad to have to make the choice to leave SU, it was the right choice for me. As to where I'm going and what I'm doing next, well, nothing new, I just get to keep doing what I was doing now BUT now without being a demo.
I'm using and loving the same companies I always have-Unity, MFT, PTI, Stamping Bella and now the new Ippity line!!!! I've always been an equal opportunity stamper and I will continue to be! :-D stamping makes me happy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
I do have to tell you that my Friday Night Stamp Camp is no longer the really fun event it used to be...and we ordered more last year. My demo has gone from helping us save money to asking us to spend more (which no one did and I was hostess for the month) and limiting our 'discussions' to only SU. Kind of a bummer and everyone left early buying only the minimum. I miss the days when we could talk about other stamps we bought and use tools not SU related. I brought my Score Pal to show everyone and she got offended b/c it was not a SU product. The girls asked me to bring it and show them how it works.

Anyway, I won't be obligating myself after this year. The whole new 'tude just is not as upbeat. And, I love seeing what the other companies have to offer. I know you ladies that are moving on will be happy and be able to see so many other places and styles of stamping. Good luck to all of you!
Linda - given your background have you considered running an all comers Stamp Camp? I'm not dissing anyone regarding any company however, just looking for an answer for a group of ladies so they can continue to enjoy themselves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post

I am sorry but if I had to limit my discussions and what I say about talking about other products - I would quit right away. I give you credit for sticking it out but this is wrong!---- If my demo tried to enforce this she would no longer be my demo.

At my CTMH group we actually have a SU demo that joins us. We talk about all different product and companies. As my CTMH demo said the
at the last group - She is not worried about us going out and buying other products as She knows we all like CTMH and will continue to still buy from her.

Last edited by meluvstampin; 12-01-2009 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

I left SU because I was "seeing" other companies already (hehe) and felt that I should have the option of shouting out what products I was using. And truth be told...I was a lousy "business" demo. I was my best customer and hated the fact that I was spending money on stuff that I really didn't want just to make mins. So now, I spend my $$ on products that I want and am having a ball!!

I did make a post about leaving SU and my reasons why. I also e-mailed what few customers I had and they were all very supportive of me leaving (I gave them my uplines info so that they could still have a SU contact if they needed it)

Since leaving I've been asked to join a DT (which I would would NOT trade the experience I'm getting for anything!) and am having a blast using all kinds of new products.

There is no way that I can list all the products/companies that I like....if you saw my "list" under my favs you'd understand! LOL!!

Enjoy the new adventure. Go to some off beat spots that you'd never think to go previously. I "click" on links from posts, advertisement banners, magazines and have discovered whole new worlds!!
Exploring Creativity~blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #51  
Crimping Master

Great great thread!!!!! so many wonderful companies!!!! so little time (wink) and money!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

I made the decision not to sign....but I haven't let SU know yet. So far I've saved $100 a month not having to meet minimums! I've looked at other stamp lines for quite some time, but will now have more stamping dollars to spend on them. I will probably always use SU cardstock and ink, but there are so many wonderful stacks of DP out there and so much cheaper than SU. I like Gina K, MFT, Inkadinkado, Clear Dollar Stamps, Artful Inkables, Serendipity....oh, the list goes on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #53  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm an ex SU demo and have found myself spending way too much on all the products out there. What I found works best to keep my budget in check is finding monthly kits. Unity has some fabulous stamp kits that are great priced when you subscribe (but there is no commitment), you can skip a set at anytime. There are also places that offer, papers and embellies in monthly kits. It's a great way to get what is new and watch what you spend
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2009, 05:30 AM   #54  
Ted
Kookie Creator

I have no regrets of not signing the new IDA.

I have been starting purchasing more Papertrey Ink (PTI) materials, specifically their stamp sets (which create AWESOME images...and are VERY versatile), their buttons, and their paper... along with some other goodies like ribbons and the such.

They've recently gone to a new formulation for their ink and while I'm not happy with it, many people ARE very pleased with it. Because of this, I'll be sticking with SU ink (buying it from demos when/if I can)... besides, I already have all 48 of their classic pads and don't want to get rid of them.

Good luck on whatever you choose!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 08:05 AM   #55  
Kookie Creator

I was a SU! Demo for 4 years to the day and actually promoted to Senior Supervisor on Aug 30th!! I was quite sad and didn't know what I would do without SU!!! However, i was on a few DTs and I didn't agree and couldn't sign the New IDA. I think I went through a bit of a small depression for a week or 2 in Sept, but by the time the end of Sept rolled around I had been asked to illustrate stamps for Stamping Bella...just out of the blue and so exciting!!! I found out that my stamp club would rather be a Scrap Club and was fine using other products (I actually make MORE $$$ than I did with the small 20% commission SU! gave...I checked my figures and by the time I supplied 3 or 4 projects, counted the time i spent cutting and getting them ready, gas money to get there, etc...20% isn't THAT much) I was also asked to join a few more DTs and the amount of free product far out ways the amount of $$ I made with SU!

I gues my #1, manin concern was the cardstock...Where was I gonna get that quality card stock!!!! Wellllll, I LOVE Die Cuts R Us!!!! Claudia, the owner of DCRU is super sweet and has FABULOUS prices, so that is my one stop shop for all my Scrappin' and Card makin' Needs!!! She even carries The Greeting Farm at discount prices!! Woo hoo!!!

I love:

Mo's Digital Pencil
Die Cuts R Us
and many more!!

Thanks SU! for making your new IDA that I couldn't sign.....NOW my eyes have been opened to WONDERFUL products I never knew about, because I was so close minded and felt SU! was the 1 and Only!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

What an interesting thread! I resigned in October and immediately set myself a budget based on what I had been spending with SU! I went over $$$ in November but I've done pretty good the other months. It is really hard since I want to try so many things. I do feel like I'm getting more for my money since in most cases I'm not paying shipping and am often getting equivalent items on sale elsewhere. (SU was great at the beginning with such a good deal on the demo kit and perks early on.)

I am still a member of an SU club so I still have a minimum club purchase. Now I mostly just buy cardstock and envelopes (which are still the best quality for the money I've found anywhere). I'm definitely getting the paper pack in the new mini and will probably buy enough to get the punch during SAB. I'd love to buy more stamps but have been very disappointed in the offerings since the current catalog came out.

Other companies I'm trying:
Papertrey Ink - Here's my eval on their products. I had a very good experience:

http://lisae-design.blogspot.com/200...ey-review.html

One caution: they are apparently changing their ink formula so be sure to inquire whether you are getting the new or the old stuff if you order. This may be worked out but I've found the info on their site confusing on this issue.

Two Peas in a Bucket for all kinds of stuff. Check out their Thursday Warehouse Walk videos to see all the new stuff.

Addicted to Scrapbooking sometimes has great sales.

Also I'm back to the occasional purchase at Michaels, etc. I have favorite places to get my adhesives locally and try to use coupons. I hate blowing part of my budget on necessities when there are so many pretty papers and stamps out there!

Oh and finally, Ebay! Got a Cricut for Christmas early so I've bought one cartridge through E-bay and keep trying to get another that I'd like to have. The chase is part of the fun.

Last edited by LisaEDesign; 12-29-2009 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: bold print
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #57  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'll be leaving SU at the end of the month, and while I am sad about it, since I was my own best customer, I am now free to experiment with so many other things.

I jumped on the Copic bandwagon a few months back and I love them! I am also in love with The Greeting Farm stamps and have become a digi fan! Whimsie Doodles, Pink Cat Studio, C.C. Designs are all great and very affordable.

My fav online stores are:
Paper Maniac- amazing fast shipping, great prices, and excellent customer service, Patti is truly wonderful! I placed an order on Christmas day and had my new toys on Monday shipped from MN to NJ!
Die Duts Are Us- Claudia is great, love the free gifts she throws in!
Creative Play Stamps and Scrap-mart are good as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #58  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

I'm glad I stumbled into this discussion. I am in the same boat of not signing the IDA and have found a whole new freedom with the decision. I am trying Memento inks, PTI's papers, stamps from Flourishes, Layers of Colors, and Kitchen Sink. I adore Basic Grey design papers. I also love Verve and Our Daily Bread. I have been collecting Copic markers and I have found many of these products to be as good as or better than the things I've purchased from SU. I love SU because it started the addiction for me, but wow, there is a whole world out there to explore. The paper craft market is just bursting with wonderful new choices and methods and tools. It would be impossible for just one company to be able to market it all. Many of these companies offer the free shipping with a certain size order and often taxes are not involved. I never got that from SU and most of my 20% profits only paid my shipping and taxes. So, I think I am getting more product for my money, since I was just a hobby demo anyway, without a downline or many customers.
'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I am not a demo, but SU is what got me started stamping. Love them - and everything else as well
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
I am not a demo, but SU is what got me started stamping. Love them - and everything else as well
So lets clarify - you aren't a Demo that's leaving due to the IDA which is the question posed at the beginning of the thread. Would you explain what you are trying to imply by posting such in this thread? I'm quite curious why you felt the need to share this in this thread and not an SU thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

SInce I left SU in September I have become so free to create with whatever I want!!!
I even sold most of my SU sets and used the money to buy from other stamp companies.
I LOVE it!
In fact i do not even know where my SU catty is and I really don't care as I will NOT be ordering much from SU anymore. There are way to many other wonderful stamp companies out for me to enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
So lets clarify - you aren't a Demo that's leaving due to the IDA which is the question posed at the beginning of the thread. Would you explain what you are trying to imply by posting such in this thread? I'm quite curious why you felt the need to share this in this thread and not an SU thread.
Apologies if all this sounds blunt but I have been told repeatedly in another thread that this doesn't happen on this board so I'm interested in why people feel the need to post such things in a thread where it could probably be classed as irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:55 AM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I left out a word - "anymore" . Brain working far more faster than my fingers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:33 AM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
I left out a word - "anymore" . Brain working far more faster than my fingers
:mrgreen: :lol: isn't it funny how one word can change the content!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:48 AM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

I prefer the fresh hunt of the morning looking for everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:10 AM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I prefer the fresh hunt of the morning looking for everything!
I'm sorry, this is odd. I thought I was posting to a thread about organizing stamps. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:12 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm sorry, this is odd. I thought I was posting to a thread about organizing stamps. :confused:
I just presumed you were in a zen moment. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:18 AM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

*giggling* You were thinking of this one?
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:42 AM   #69  
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

I can tell you, I LOVED being a demo...I was successful, too. (It was my BUSINESS and my hobby.) That income paid our house payment, phones, cable and half the electric bill every month. I loved the color matched products. I loved my customers. I loved the idea of doing what I loved everyday! Then, with the new rules, I had to make a decision, stay with SU! and drop the design teams I was currently serving, or try to get into a different business all together. Or, even worse...go back to teaching full time. Not that I didn't LOVE teaching, I'm just a bit of a work-a-holic, and it would not have been good for Markie.

Our family hashed this out over a few days of our "board meetings." We decided to start our own company. It was very difficult to sell off stock that had dropped in price to finance our upstart, but we did it. Then, we invested heavily into our new business. We were in the black in 49 days. Those were scary days, I tell you...But, it was worth it! Our family, including my parents, all pitched in and packed product, ran back and forth to the post office, sometimes 4 times a day, and my dad even washed dishes and clothes so that we could spend more time designing and fussing with venders.

I LOVE all the products available today. They are too numerous to list, but I can say this with a happy tone, I LOVE being able to try something new and say, "Hey, I can use that on a card!" And, if I LOVE it, I can purchase it for my store! I'm finding it a great way to "spend money as an investment!" LOL

Good luck to you in your new adventures in stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 AM   #70  
Hardware Hotshot

That is awesome, Faith! Now, if you only sold all that initiative and energy in bottle form, I'd be the first to buy it! Congrats again on the new business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 06:14 AM   #71  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by markie's momView Post
I can tell you, I LOVED being a demo...I was successful, too. (It was my BUSINESS and my hobby.) That income paid our house payment, phones, cable and half the electric bill every month. I loved the color matched products. I loved my customers. I loved the idea of doing what I loved everyday! Then, with the new rules, I had to make a decision, stay with SU! and drop the design teams I was currently serving, or try to get into a different business all together. Or, even worse...go back to teaching full time. Not that I didn't LOVE teaching, I'm just a bit of a work-a-holic, and it would not have been good for Markie.

Our family hashed this out over a few days of our "board meetings." We decided to start our own company. It was very difficult to sell off stock that had dropped in price to finance our upstart, but we did it. Then, we invested heavily into our new business. We were in the black in 49 days. Those were scary days, I tell you...But, it was worth it! Our family, including my parents, all pitched in and packed product, ran back and forth to the post office, sometimes 4 times a day, and my dad even washed dishes and clothes so that we could spend more time designing and fussing with venders.

I LOVE all the products available today. They are too numerous to list, but I can say this with a happy tone, I LOVE being able to try something new and say, "Hey, I can use that on a card!" And, if I LOVE it, I can purchase it for my store! I'm finding it a great way to "spend money as an investment!" LOL

Wow, your store is great! Good for you! Finally I know where to get those cute little charms for my cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 06:53 AM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by markie's momView Post

You are awesome Faith! I admire you so much!!! Sad loss for SU! But great gain for all the vendors you are buying from and the design teams you're on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Faith, that's AWESOME! The store looks fantastic! I'm so glad you posted here, because I hadn't heard of this before. Best of luck, girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #74  
Rubber Obsessor

I am an SU hobby demo and don't plan to resign in the near future but I do use many other products

Reasons for being a demo:

I live in a small town in Canada, everything I buy I have to get online. It is a lot of shipping charges. The discount and the ability to buy paper, ink and stamps with so much variety keeps my shipping costs down.

SU has a great variety of stamp images. Some other companies are too locked into one style.

I love alot of SU product, They are great quality. I like the color selection and coordination of ink, ribbon and paper.

I prefer rubber to acrylic, though I do buy acrylic as well. Being able to buy unmounted rubber stamps is fabulous.

There is always enough in the catalog every year that I want that will cover my minimums.

I do not care about blogging, being pubbed or design teams so there is no conflict.

I like getting the hostess benefits with my orders.

My reasons for using non-SU:

I do not care for 99% of the SU patterned paper. Way too heavy on florals for the most part, not my style.

I don't want to put a fence around my creativity and I could not do that to people whom I may be teaching. New stampers, IMO, should not be hit with the SU only, CM only etc. thing right off the bat. Let them experience it all and learn to love the hobby first before trying to win them over to your product.

If I taught a class I may want to use a PTI stamp or a CB embossing folder. Being told I can't turns me off of being a business demo.

There is too much available in the crafting world to not branch out and try as much as you can.

I have recently bought some PTI stamps which I love... Though I am not crazy about their storage system.

I buy Bigshot dies from ebay that SU does not offer.

I think for the most part my budget will probably stay with SU, but I won't limit myself to it exclusively.

My biggest beef with direct sales companies is trying to do it all so that people should only have to come to one demo for everything and then trying to limit their exposure to other product by sheilding them from it.

I disliked the approach by Creatives Memories that I experienced early on. Referring to other product as contraband totally turned me off of their product forever.

If I see SU going too far in that direction I don't think I will continue as a demo.

Companies should be earning their customers by offering the best products and service, period. Not by default because their customers have been shielded from knowing other options.

I think quality wise SU has much to offer, if they played it cool about other companies and not take such a militant approach I think they would come out fine in the end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

mom2browndog - I was wondering where you were going there for a moment. I think you raise a lot of valid and well-thought out opinions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #76  
Kookie Creator

I'm so glad Faith posted on this thread I'm off to check out her site. She does some great work and I find myself checking out her SCS gallary alot.

ohhh - I'm still a SU demo until next month but I've always brought what I liked and used it with my SU supplies. My stamping groups love that we all share and create together and they still brought SU products.

smile
Lori

smile
Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #77  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

After five years, I too, have decided to not sign the IDA. What a liberating feeling it is, for me, to not have to worry about making my minimums each month (I was a hobby demo only). Now, I LOVE Taylored Expressions and There She Goes, the two DT's I am fortunate enough to be on, but quite a few of my dollars also go to:

Verve
Stamping Bella
The Greeting Farm
PaperTrey Ink

and quite a few more I can't think of now!! The best part...I am having SO much fun with the stamps from all these companies, and I can't imagine stamping and NOT using my Copics! I {heart} my Copics!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #78  
Rubber Obsessor

Red face

Quote:

Originally Posted by llasanfordView Post
My stamping groups love that we all share and create together and they still brought SU products.

That is why do not do or attend any stamp events as a demo, I think it sort of starts of the class with a sort of cloud over it it, KWIM? Takes away some of the excitement about the hobby as a whole.

Not the way I would want to attract stampers to SU product.

If I held a class I would rather have 15 ladies using and discussing all brands while I am teaching them to love stamping, than 6 in my class and the other 9at someone else's class where there is no rules and more freedom and I get none of the potential sales.

Though I do understand it may not be fair to a hostess.

If I can get together with a group of friends to stamp I am very happy to tell them all what I love about SU and recommend the product whole heartedly but if someone should ask about how I love my Scor-Pal I would want to be able to share that good news also.

Sorry, I guess I have hi-jacked. leaving with my head hanging in shame
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't hang your head - though I now have a vision of you with the "Up" "cone of shame" .

I like sharing the art. I would love to have a local Scrapbook shop but I don't have the resources and don't think the local economy would support it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #80  
Matboard Maniac

Default So many stamp companies

I too left SU but years ago and felt like a huge weight was lifted. I was free to discover all sorts of new styles and inks and the new stuff...right away not when/if SU carried it. I was all about SU and felt guilty buying anything else. I still buy SU cardstock (although I buy some from Hobby Lobby and some DP from other places) I now love and will only buy UM stamps. I'm glad to see SU is going to offer UM stamps but I agree that the prices of their stamps is high. Since I've quit, I'm spending less on my crafting than I did before. I was always needing extra stuff for demoing or classes I had, much more than I made. I am also disenchanted with the style of SU stamps the last few years. I used to love almost all they had an could always find something. I haven't seen any I'm even interested in the last 2 years.
Now I do like Whiff of Joy, Gina K, Hanna, Stampsmith, Third Coast, Cornish Heritage, High Hopes, Flourishes and the list goes on and on. I also find it funny that I can order stamps from Whiff of Joy, a Swiss company and pay less in shipping from Switzerland than any US company and get them in a week....Does that seem strange to anyone else?
Reply With Quote Likes