Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you knew then what you know now...Your first order as a New Demo

:confused: What would you have ordered that you didn't? What would you not have ordered? I am getting together a list for my first order as demo. I was reading another thread earlier and someone said she should have gotten LOTS more paper, reinkers, and ribbon. Anyone advise?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

I chose a few cards to demo and ordered enough supplies to make them so I got that out of the way. I wouldn't worry so much about getting all the favorite stamps, get them little by little. I definitely got all the pads and reinkers that I didn't have. The thing is you want to get those things for demoing that may make others feel they need to get . . .crystal effects, som ribbon that really can dress up a card.

It kinda depends how many workshops you will be doing and what your current supply level is.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 03:50 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Actually I have 20 plus stamp sets from SU, some paper and the pastel chalks. I am presently selling of my inks and markers from other companies to purchase the full line from SU. I also have a stockpile of ribbon, punches, colored pencils, watercolor pencils, chalk pencils, eyelets, embossing powder, pearl ex, wire, glitter, beads, brads etc from various companies. I just have so much "stuff" that I want to be wise with my first order but also take full advantage of the 30% savings I receive for my first order. It is my intention to do a minimum of 1 card class, 1 stamp camp, and one scrapbook party per month in my home.

What do you find yourself ordering most frequently?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Cardstock, markers and all three Hodge Podge hardware. Load up!

My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

IMO, use your 30% off on something you wouldn't normally pay full price for. I got the tool kit. Or you could get one of the more spendy sets.
I've learned you can't create without paper, inks, chalks, but it sounds like you've got most of them. Have plenty of white/vanilla cs.

Lisa hit the nail too! Hodge and markers!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Default If you knew then what you know now

I would have ordered all my favourite paper in 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11 and the inks and reinkers to match. Also I would have ordered the suggested stamp sets in the demo order because they are sure they won't be discontinued too soon. Also Greetings Galore or something like that so I could make lot's and lots of samples. But of course I ordered everything I liked which was good creatively but not so financially. Good luck with your demo.
Susan in Mississauga
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Default great questions

I would love some ideas too. I am signing after the summer mini or unless there is an awesome promo before.
I have all the papers, inks and markers plus 25+ sets. What now?
I do know that what you demo is what you tend to sell. But what do I get...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Get the full set of markers!!! at 30% the price is a little better, and I don't know what I would do without them! They are great for omitting part of a stamp, and I have used them in a pinch for workshops when I didn't have all the ink pads!

Also pick your favorite colors of ribbon, buy at least two colors of ribbon, and either Linen Thread or Hemp, Sticky Strip and two boxes of one set of buttons to coordinate (by having two boxes then you will have more of each color for MakeNTakes.

I sell a lot of ribbon, Linen Thread, Sticky Strip and Buttons when I use these to demo, on MakeNTakes, or on card samples!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great ideas! I'm watching, too :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

I am probably in the minority but when it comes to stamp sets, I don't usually sell what I demo. Everybody has different tastes. You can always point out matching sets (those sets that are similar to the one you are demoing i.e. all the stamps are the same size). The flip of this has been true for me when it comes to Background stamps. People do buy the backgrounds I demo because I usually show or explain a few different things you can do with these unique stamps.

One last thing about stamp sets. Buy what you like. If they retire in a year you won't care because you'll still use them for your own personal use. If you buy what you think others will like, and it retires, you're stuck with a set you didn't really like to begin with.

My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I splurged and ordered the markers, along with a lot of paper - I love the markers -use them all the time and have been able to sell quite a few ( no full sets, but lots of colors families).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 05:01 PM   #13  
Glitter Guru

If I had to do it all over again, I would get all the cardstock, ink pads, markers, and accessories.
Having a lot of stamp sets are nice but having all the other stuff I mentioned on hand to demo with it way better :-)
Good luck with your new SU! business :-)

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

�What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 05:18 PM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaDRHC
I am probably in the minority but when it comes to stamp sets, I don't usually sell what I demo. Everybody has different tastes. You can always point out matching sets (those sets that are similar to the one you are demoing i.e. all the stamps are the same size). The flip of this has been true for me when it comes to Background stamps. People do buy the backgrounds I demo because I usually show or explain a few different things you can do with these unique stamps.

One last thing about stamp sets. Buy what you like. If they retire in a year you won't care because you'll still use them for your own personal use. If you buy what you think others will like, and it retires, you're stuck with a set you didn't really like to begin with.

DITTO ON THE "BUY WHAT YOU LIKE", trying to please other people usually ends up in failure...I have heard so many girls in my unit say that..."now I have a bunch of sets I don't use" I usually end up buying them!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Set a Budget, make a game plan!

It's really easy to say, I would like that and I need this, and wow that would be great. When it comes right down to it you need to work out your game plan...everything changes as you move along in your business!

Set a plan and make some goals as to what type of "party's" you want to have Candles, Coasters, Cards, Scrapbooking and once you see and know all of the options that you have base your decision on that...eg. Seaside Sketches is great for coasters and scrapbooking, but honestly have never used it on a card...so everyone is different??

If you plan on doing the scrapbooking demo's pick up the add on...

GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR MONEY! AND DON'T FORGET YOUR PROMOTIONS AND STAMPIN START!

I totally invested in my first order...it was over $2,500.00 I received, 30% off, hit my Stampin start which gave me 2 free sets, I had 150.00 free for sales of $1,100+ and an extra 150.00 in free for the remainder.. PLUS I received my hostess stamps. Plus I sold my first kit which gave me another free set.

NOT everyone can afford to put money out for stock, and I don't suggest you do that unless you know your in business for awhile! It's really important to set you goals, decide what you can invest in first order and that will help you plan for what you need better...

hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes