Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #41  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim creationsView Post
I've searched and searched for the best longterm safe storage for my clear stamps. They are so expensive, and they can accumulate quickly, but we keep having to try to put odds and ends together meant for other things, to come close to keeping up with them. There is just nothing specific out there that's made just for storing these. The best idea I've read so far, is page protectors and binders. That still leaves them flimsy and slippery unless you remove them from their packaging and place on acrylic or acetate sheets that fit the page protectors. I think it's a good idea to leave them on the same acetate sheets and labels they come in to be safe, and keep up with the manufacturer. Not to mention to keep the sets together. But my local craft stores have never heard of acrylic pads that I read about here, so it seems I would have to go to HL and have them cut some down or something, just to make this halfway work. Then I'd still have to record the manufacturer's name. Lots of trouble and work!:( Anyone have a better idea? Also, how to organize them yet keep the sets together and still get to that one little stamp your looking for?!? Thanks for letting me rant here.

Thanks,
Kim
Inque Boutique has a product called Stamp Keepers. They are hard plastic cases that open like a clam shell pack and fit in a 3 ring binder. They come in both 8 1/2 X 11 and 12 X 12 sizes and cost 2.49 each (either size). They hold a whole bunch of those little clear stamps you get from Michael's or a couple of sets of clear stamps from other companies. I sort of like to mix mine up - especially the little $ stamps. I put all the different flowers together, the greetings, the cakes and cupcakes, etc. This is so much easier than sorting through a whole drawerful of stamps still on the acetate they come on. Hopes this helps. Judi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
Yes, ma'am - and it works like a charm. I was doing it because I was out of pop-dots late at night (ok, I had like 3 packs of them - somewhere - but I couldn't find them at the minute) and I had to improvise. What's nice is that the foam not only comes in lots of colors, it comes in different thicknesses.

AND, the fun foam also works for the inner frame on a shaker card. Think how much easier that is compared to trying to use foam tape to outline it and close up all the gaps.

oh my goodness! this is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!! I love shaker cards, but go nutty trying to get the gaps filled with out the foam showing! can you cut the foam with nesties on the cuttlebug? then it would be just too easy! TFS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #43  
Cardstock Collector

I sometimes save the rubber scraps after I trim my stamps to use as "pop up dots". I take the rubber part off and just use the foam. It is sticky on both sides.

Just a thought.
k
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi

I would love to have a acrylic block carrying case. Something that will prevent my acrylic blocks from sliding on each other and make scratches on them. I do have about 14 blocks and I transport them a lot to my classes

I found I thing it was CTMH or TAC who used to have a case for their own acrylic blocks but unfortunatly the compartment was not the right size for the ones I own. So I am thinking some days to make one using the square puzzle carpet for children which are made of a kind of material similar to funny foam but about 1 cm think and cut an opening for each of my blocs

If you think of something nice just let me know
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #45  
Vintage Vixen

EK Success makes black 3D-Dots. My LSS has started carrying them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #46  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 603 Likes on 246 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creation ScrapbookView Post
Hi

I would love to have a acrylic block carrying case. Something that will prevent my acrylic blocks from sliding on each other and make scratches on them. I do have about 14 blocks and I transport them a lot to my classes

I found I thing it was CTMH or TAC who used to have a case for their own acrylic blocks but unfortunatly the compartment was not the right size for the ones I own. So I am thinking some days to make one using the square puzzle carpet for children which are made of a kind of material similar to funny foam but about 1 cm think and cut an opening for each of my blocs

I think if you went to a fabric store that had home dec stuff you could buy a 1" thick sheet of upholstery foam cut to the size you need then you could easily cut openings for your block. Probably cheaper than the carpet puzzle piece.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
AND, the fun foam also works for the inner frame on a shaker card. Think how much easier that is compared to trying to use foam tape to outline it and close up all the gaps.
OMG! I think I love you!!!!! That is going to be sooo much easier and I already have tons of it. Thank you thank you thank you!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #48  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creation ScrapbookView Post
Hi

The only quick and easy idea I have is to layer them between the stuff that you put under area rugs to keep them from sliding around. I think you can get it at the $ stores these days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2008, 01:51 AM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

Hermione's time turner would be fantastic right now. I have to go to work but I have an idea for a card that's running through my mind, and I would much rather work on that. Now it'll have to wait until I get home this evening. sigh...

janet***
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2008, 04:57 AM   #50  
Compulsive Stamper

archiver's did have black pop dots in the hot spot section. check there if you have one close.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #51  
Compulsive Stamper

After receiving several musical cards that sing to when you open them, I got to wondering if I could make my own. Does anyone know where to find information or materials for such 'wishful' thinking? Thank for any help.
TxMillie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger53186View Post
oh my goodness! this is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!! I love shaker cards, but go nutty trying to get the gaps filled with out the foam showing! can you cut the foam with nesties on the cuttlebug? then it would be just too easy! TFS!
I don't know about cutting it with the nesties, but the Cuttlebug and Sizzix dies work on it, so I can't imagine that nesties wouldn't . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The day someone invents something that takes 'stray ink marks' off my cs is the day I will rejoice and buy the product immediately no matter what the cost! Very often when stamping I'll get unwanted 'marks' from the edges of the stamp and have to restamp. What a waste of CS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmillieView Post
After receiving several musical cards that sing to when you open them, I got to wondering if I could make my own. Does anyone know where to find information or materials for such 'wishful' thinking? Thank for any help.
TxMillie
I don't know if this is what you meant, but I just saw something at Heartlooms that made me remember your question.
Hope that helps? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 06:19 AM   #55  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you, Asuncionshija, for responding. This looks very promising. I'll have to check it out. It would be such fun to surprise people with music coming from the cards!!
Reply With Quote Likes