Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Corina
Cool I really need your help...

I dont mean to offend anyone, b/c I love SU! stuff.... and TAC sounds really cool, but I've never had any of their products...

I'm thinking of being a stamping demo... and I NEED your honest opinions (pros and cons) about being a SU! demo and TAC demo....
(I'm begging for replies!!!)

I also want to know customer opinions comparing SU! and TAC products...

I'm sure that both are great and both could be improved in different ways, but tell me what you think...

I feel like there is so much out there that I don't know about :confused: , and I really want to make an educated decision...

feel free to pm, email, instant message, etc...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 10:59 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

If you've never had TAC products, I'd suggest purchasing a few. If you hate them, then your decision was just made a lot easier. ;)

If you love them, then I'd talk to demos from both companies and learn about the requirements and compensation for the companies.

Either way you go, you'll probably be amassing a good chunk of the goods from that company. I'd go with what you prefer, assuming that the requirements for each are feasible for you.

What drew me to SU! was the products, which I really like. I know that some TAC has a more relaxed angel policy if you are interested in selling creations made with their products.

I don't have anything negative to say about either company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 12:34 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

I was in your exact same position. But it was between Close To My Heart and SU. I chose SU and will be signing up this July! What I did was have a demonstrator from each company come to my home and demonstrate. So I was able to see the product line..and experience the hostess benefits from each side. Then I got info. from both sides as to what the benefits were as a demonstrator and what the requirements were.
SU had better demonstrator appreciation...in that you can earn free products easier than with CTMH. Since I want to be a demo, not as a full time career, but just for fun, I wanted to be able to earn free products without running a full time business (which CTMH seems to want you to do)
Also the starter kits. SU gave much more supplies..where as CTMH gave more paper and business products...not so much stampin products.

So that's what made me choose SU. I can't wait to actually be 'IN' and experience SU as a demo rather than just a customer! =)
Hope this helps.

What is TAC by the way?

madebyejp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 12:54 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

hehe, that was my question 3 days ago... The Angel Company... as far as I can tell, (and in the simplest terms possibe) they seem to be a cross between SU! and CTMH...
Their stamps are offered in either wood mounted or unmounted (they use the cling and acrylic blocks... but the stamp itself is still made of rubber... so you get the quality image like SU!, with the convience of the acrylic blocks...
also, as a TAC demo the quota is $100/qtr where as SU!'s is $300/qtr... they both seem to have great incentives to earn free stamps and stuff...

I'm still weighing my options... b/c most of my stuff is SU!... but there aren't any TAC demos in my area, where as there are about 9 SU! demos...

ugh, decisions, decisions....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 01:15 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Corina, Tac is only unmounted now. They dropped the wood mounted a year ago, and yes the quota is only $100 per quarter. Good luck in your decision!!!!
Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:53 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corina
hehe, that was my question 3 days ago... The Angel Company... as far as I can tell, (and in the simplest terms possibe) they seem to be a cross between SU! and CTMH...
Their stamps are offered in either wood mounted or unmounted (they use the cling and acrylic blocks... but the stamp itself is still made of rubber... so you get the quality image like SU!, with the convience of the acrylic blocks...
also, as a TAC demo the quota is $100/qtr where as SU!'s is $300/qtr... they both seem to have great incentives to earn free stamps and stuff...

I'm still weighing my options... b/c most of my stuff is SU!... but there aren't any TAC demos in my area, where as there are about 9 SU! demos...

Depending on what you want out of being a demo, do you want to get together with other demos in your area (you said there were a lot of SU ones) or do you want a business that no one else has inthe are (you said there were no TAC ones) -- that might help your decision also. I really liked getting together with all the SU demos in the area, even though there were a ton in the area, I loved the "demo only" get togethers in my area. Something to put on your pros/cons list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:56 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigfingers
Depending on what you want out of being a demo, do you want to get together with other demos in your area (you said there were a lot of SU ones) or do you want a business that no one else has inthe are (you said there were no TAC ones) -- that might help your decision also. I really liked getting together with all the SU demos in the area, even though there were a ton in the area, I loved the "demo only" get togethers in my area. Something to put on your pros/cons list.
Thanks! That's one that I had not considered...

heh, I think the more I learn, the harder the decision is getting... :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:36 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

The first thing you should do is really talk with a demo of both companies and find out all the ins and outs that each company has to offer...
The biggest difference between the two companies really is the mounted vs unmounted system...
there are other differences - like the quota is different between the 2 - BUT because TAC is unmounted the prices are lower for their stamp sets...so you could get someone to buy 3 stamp sets but their order is only $30 - KWIM
I am an SU demo but I have a bunch of TAC sets...I personally chose SU because I already had a bunch of SU stuff and I like the SU colors & the wood mounted sets and would be more apt to buy and use SU stuff over the long haul...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:45 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Find out how many SU and how many TAC demos in your area. My guess is that TAC doesn't have as many and therefore you will have a bigger customer base. Also, TAC is FAR more generous with how much you make on sales, etc. Your minimum is also much easier to meet and you can take a leave now and then if you wish.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:48 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

great info, ladies.... just I wanted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:01 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am facing a similar issue right now. I love SU and have LOTS of product but there are tons of demos in my area....including my SIL. Although it would be fun to attend demo only events.....it wouldn't increase my customer base. I just got the TAC catalog and had to order it from somone here because there aren't any demos in my area. I'm thinking if I sign up to be a demo, I can offer another choice in this area. TAC carries lots of things that SU doesn't so I think I can use both products and market TAC? (any input from others on this would be greatly appreciated) It's also not as scary signing with TAC because their minimums are so much less. I am still thinking about it...........

Variety is the spice of life!!!

-JW
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:38 AM   #12  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm a TAC demonstrator and what I really like is that they have gotten into the scrapbooking field also. I joined a scrapbooking company and TAC as a rubber stamping company and I'm going to drop the scrapbooking company because TAC is the best of both worlds. They even have their own line of paper that is comparible to BAsic Grey! Beautiful and just as thick. And I think the stamps are the best of both worlds also. Rubber unmounted that you use witha acrylic blocks so you can see around the stamp, and get a clear image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:49 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

One more issue - TAC has a much more liberal angel policy (hence the name) which is a big draw if you or your customers plan on selling hand stamped items. I love TAC's offerings as far as accessories (Basic Grey!) but I also know that many of their items can be found online through other sources. Some of SU's stuff is just standard product repackaged, but there are some great exclusives, too. And I personally prefer the artwork of SU's stamps as compared to TAC. But they're both really good!
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

We actually don't carry Basic Grey anymore because everyone starting carrying it, M's and HL included. And, we started carrying tons and tons of exclusive accessories, brads, eyelets, sequins, stuff like that.

Last edited by Sereikastamper; 06-29-2006 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Removal of Solicitation for Business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 09:30 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TAC comes Unmounted ony!

Quote:

Just to let you know TAC does not offer Wood Mounted Stamp anymore.

All of our Stamps come unmounted, They are made of Blue Rubber, Along with each stamp you recieve one sheet of Creative Cling Foam
(Other known as Ez-mount Foam) And our stamp use an Acrylic block instead of a Wood block.

I too suggestion buy from the other companies to see what you like and don't like about the stamps.

Only $100 every 4 months in Retail Sales, 30% off Personal Discount No Commission given. earn 25% commission on Retail Sales.

TAC also has Contest submitt your Stamped cards Scarpbook page. And if you win you earn a coupon toward $75.00 in Free Stamps.
Winning photo goes unto the Homepage for the month that you win!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I just ordered my first TAC sets...I will stamp some stuff with them once they arrive and let you know what I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #17  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWheeler
I am facing a similar issue right now. I love SU and have LOTS of product but there are tons of demos in my area....including my SIL. Although it would be fun to attend demo only events.....it wouldn't increase my customer base. I just got the TAC catalog and had to order it from somone here because there aren't any demos in my area. I'm thinking if I sign up to be a demo, I can offer another choice in this area. TAC carries lots of things that SU doesn't so I think I can use both products and market TAC? (any input from others on this would be greatly appreciated) It's also not as scary signing with TAC because their minimums are so much less. I am still thinking about it...........

Variety is the spice of life!!!

-JW
JWheeler,
let me know what you come up with... I'm going to pm you as well...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #18  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
I just ordered my first TAC sets...I will stamp some stuff with them once they arrive and let you know what I think.
Thanks Keri! I'm looking forward to it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

For me one thing that tipped the scale was when I talked to a couple of friends who were interested in stamping. We had all learned about it at the same time and I was hoping to have a customer base from the beginning.

Also, when I asked a couple of scrapper friends they were up front that one company is what they liked! I was told how one company had stepped up to show they carried quality products. This scrapping group are an honest bunch.

I live in an area with quite a few demos but that has not been a problem for me. The only problem I have had is a demo (from another company) had taken money from a customer. Gave the customer her paperwork and two months later had not given the product to customer. We ended up going to the demos doorstep. She gave a bunch of excuses. Since then my friend is very vocal that she had a bad experience and how she likes how I give her orders to her in a timely manner.

You have to make whatever decision you make is right for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

Location: I try to live in LaLa Land, but people keep interrupting me!
Smile

That would be great to hear from an experienced stamper like yourself.
Thanks!!
Kim
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:15 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimeboss
That would be great to hear from an experienced stamper like yourself.
Thanks!!
Kim
LOL!! I have not been stamping all that long just about three years.....But since I am an avid SU fan I can't wait to see the quality of my new TAC stamps... :0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Cori, best of all possible luck with your decision! Of course I'd love it if you decide to go with TAC! LOL! But relax, take your time and make the decision that's going to work best for you. And just in case you were wondering about demo only meetings, we do those to, not too far from you. And yes, it's not to be missed, always so much fun with our team!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 12:56 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Can anyone comment on the tax benefits of becoming a demonstrator? (I'm going to need to talk my DH into this)

Thanks!

-Joyce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Please know that I'm not a tax expert, and this is my own personal experience.....The tax benefits are great IF you are willing to keep excellent records of everything you spend for the sake of your business. You can usually write off the space you use to conduct business, any purchases for your business that will be consumed within one year. I also keep track of my mileage for business trips and even trips to post office to mail out catalogs and such. Almost all of the cost of my recent trip to our annual Seminar was tax-deductable too, that's my plane ticket, hotel room, one half the cost of my meals, cab fare, etc...The key is to keep really accurate and honest records. At first some of these costs will seem too small to bother with but trust me it will add up very quickly. At the end of the year, you'll be so glad you did! HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 02:15 PM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just saw a TAC catalog for the first time and really liked the scrapbook stuff, but I much prefer SU's stamp images (I did order one set of stamps, just to try them out)--TAC has way too many cutsey, stylistic sets for my taste, plus some of the accessories were overpriced (Basic Grey lunch tin kit is one that was $2-3 more than retail). I do plan to order from them again, b/c they did have some cute stuff, but overall I prefer SU! : ) HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 02:27 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

I went to the TAC website and asked for a demo referral - never heard back. Perhaps there aren't demos in my area. sigh.

~ Kathy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

That sounds odd indeed ikimom........tell you what I'll go on our Angel's only group and put out an all call for you......see what response I can get....get back to you as soon as I can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 04:52 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default TAC or SU

Hi - I've used both TAC and SU as a customer and looked into the pros/cons of both when I decided to start demoing. Please email me privately at [email protected] and I can give you more details.

thks rita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #29  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Looking for imformation?

If you are looking for a Demo or just plain information.

Please call TAC at the Home Office:
1-785-820-9181

They would be more than willing to help you.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes