Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Location: In my new "Ink Spot" which happens to be in Olathe KS!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Miss SCS & Stamping!

Oh do I miss my friends on SCS & my stamps that are waiting for me in my basement. I have a gorgeous stamp room that is gathering dust & gets none of my attention. WHY? Because I have a 1 year old! (13 1/2 months to be exact) I get zero stamping time... I get even less SCS time... I miss it!
This last week was my first week at my new job as a stay at home mom! So I hope to spend a few hours of nap time stamping again, gosh I miss my stamps!

my other hobby www.puhakphotography.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

(((Jennifer)))! It'll come, don't worry! I guarantee you, these years with the little one will go by in the blink of an eye, lol...just ask any mom of a teenager! Still, there will be times when you will definitely get to stamp...think birthday party invitations, school projects that require something "unusual" that needs to be whipped up the night before...etc. This is just an energetic age...you'll soon see oportunities to squeeze in some "me" time, trust me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

IMHO the SAHmommy job is the best job in the world! Congrats. I am sure you both will soon settle in and you will find time to stamp again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

My kids are 4 and 6, and I still remember those days of no "me" time. Actually, I still wouldn't have "me" time if I didn't stay up later than they do.

It's important to find the right balance, or you'll be surprised someday to find yourself resenting that darling little one that has suddenly taken over your life. And yes, it happens to SAHMs, too. (I'm one.) Just remember that you will have to adjust your expectations. An hour a day might be all you get, but at least it's something.

Hang in there - it does get a little easier!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 02:56 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I remember when my nephew and niece were babies. I'd rather hold and play with a baby than stamp any day! It is a blink of an eye later, and now they don't WANT to be held any more! Waaah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

{{{Jennifer}}}

Maybe you could stamp up a little stash of line art images when you get a tiny pocket of time?

THen when your next tiny pocket happens, you could color one. . . . over time you'd build up a little stash of colored images that you could slowly turn into cards or scrapbook embellies, one tiny pocket of time at a time. . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 06:50 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm right there w/ ya', honey!! Only I'm on the other side.....I used to be a SAHM (I have 4 kids) and stamped in little pockets of time and late at night. Hubby lost his job and now I'm working full time. Life throws lots of curve balls and thank goodness the red rubber wont go anywhere until I can get back to it again!! (((hugs))) And yes, I miss doing all the SCS challenges as well!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I haven 't been stamping for over a year - and haven't had a young one at home to keep me away from the rubber. I think I just go in spurts of creative energy. Working full time, approaching 60, trying to have a social life and connecting with family members takes a lot of energy. Interestingly, my husband an I are temporarily caring for our 9 month old grandchild and I have more of an urge to stamp than I have in months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #9  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It WILL get better. The Mommy Zone is a hard place for carving time out for yourself when they are so young.

One thing you can do during summer is give a younger girl (say 11 or 12) who loves kids to "babysit" while you're in the basement. That way, you can hear everything going on and are there if absolutely necessary, but she can deal with poopy diapers and entertaining little Junior. It's a great way to give the girl some experience and yourself a break.
Reply With Quote Likes