Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #121  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

[QUOTE=jkminor;12656509]No problem here with CD Cases. I bought the SI boards to put in my CD cases. They are really reasonable... I think its like 3.99 for 10 or something so thats less than the cost for a can of pop per CD case. I just bought 100 at first because I had less than that in sets but now I will buy a couple of packages every payday just so that I have them on hand for new sets.

I love storing my stamps in the CD Cases. It makes organization and use so much easier.

Hugs
Jaunice Minor
Utah[/QUOTE

Question - is their a place where I can purchase the flexible envelopes like the CTMH clear stamps come in? I like them as they are sturdy, the stamp sheet slides easily in and out of the sleeve and the sleeves protect the stamps from dust. Most of my stamps are wood mounted. I have maybe 12 sets of ezmount & clear stamps that I have purchased in the past year. I tried the SI system and I love the boards for the stamps, but I never used these stamps because they were not in a drawer with my other stamps of the same category. So I tried putting them in CD cases with an SI CD board but the cling/clear stamps stick to the CDs and it eventually causes my CD cases to break when I pull the CD case apart. The ez-mount stamps are sometimes too thick to close the CD case. For now, I have these stamps on SI boards with indexing on the reverse side laying in my stamp drawers w/my other stamps. I would like to come up with a better solution like evelopes used by CTMH for the clear stamps to be more protected. Is there anywhere to purchase these type of envelopes???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #122  
Master of All Things Big Shot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom

Here are 2 more unmounted Stamp Storage options:

Cropper Hopper Stamp Books

Inque Boutique Stamp keepers

I'm sticking with the SI stamp binders and panels. I get free shipping over $35 at the sister site and 25% off the main store with a Demo Discount although sometimes it's cheaper to buy from the free shipping site because the main store shipping is really high.

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #123  
Watercolor Wizard

This is all interesting, I had not planned on owning many stamps when I started , in one year I can not tell you how many I have, not as many as most, but most I keep in CD cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #124  
Die Cut Diva

Did you see this note at Sunday International regarding EZ Mount and acetate?

Quote:

It is not recommended that you store any of your EZMount Stamps on Acetate Sheets. Acetate is made with chemicals that will react with EZMount and any other cling cushion type product, making an almost permanent bond between it and the cling.
Maybe the acetate at Flourishes is okay, but just to give you a heads up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #125  
Die Cut Diva

Sheeeeesh!! I don't know why but I didn't see there were other pages to this post. :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #126  

Quote:

Originally Posted by polargirlView Post
Question - is their a place where I can purchase the flexible envelopes like the CTMH clear stamps come in? I like them as they are sturdy, the stamp sheet slides easily in and out of the sleeve and the sleeves protect the stamps from dust. Most of my stamps are wood mounted. I have maybe 12 sets of ezmount & clear stamps that I have purchased in the past year. I tried the SI system and I love the boards for the stamps, but I never used these stamps because they were not in a drawer with my other stamps of the same category. So I tried putting them in CD cases with an SI CD board but the cling/clear stamps stick to the CDs and it eventually causes my CD cases to break when I pull the CD case apart. The ez-mount stamps are sometimes too thick to close the CD case. For now, I have these stamps on SI boards with indexing on the reverse side laying in my stamp drawers w/my other stamps. I would like to come up with a better solution like evelopes used by CTMH for the clear stamps to be more protected. Is there anywhere to purchase these type of envelopes???

The clip it up storage system has folders that would be similar to what you are looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2009, 08:33 PM   #127  
Embossing Fanatic

I am very new to unmounting stamps as well as clear stamps - I recently purchased several different clear stamp sets and found (when I removed the stamps from the outer packaging) that the stamps were literally stuck to the clear plastic sheet they came on - it took me a long time to remove them from the plastic sheet and several were ruined in the attempt. Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with brand new clear stamps?

On another note, has anyone tried storing clear stamps on sheets of acrylic (that you can purchase at the hardware store?) I was wondering if the clear stamps (over time) would stick permanently to that as well.

Any help / advice would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 05:41 AM   #128  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by karenabdView Post
I am very new to unmounting stamps as well as clear stamps - I recently purchased several different clear stamp sets and found (when I removed the stamps from the outer packaging) that the stamps were literally stuck to the clear plastic sheet they came on - it took me a long time to remove them from the plastic sheet and several were ruined in the attempt. Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with brand new clear stamps?

On another note, has anyone tried storing clear stamps on sheets of acrylic (that you can purchase at the hardware store?) I was wondering if the clear stamps (over time) would stick permanently to that as well.

Any help / advice would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Yes the stamps are stuck to the sheet because that is how they are made - you have to carefully ease them apart the first time - I'm sorry that you have damaged some. It could be worth contacting the stamps manufacturer and letting them know.

However, after they have been eased off the first time from what we have heard from manufacturers they shouldn't permanently adhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #129  
Matboard Maniac

Default Don't store on acetate

I've read in several different places (including the instructions for EZ Mount foam) that you should NEVER store your stamps on acetate. The chemicals in acetate will, over time, create a permanent bond to your cling foam. That would be an unpleasant surprise if you went to use a stamp and it was permanetly adhered to that sheet of acetate!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #130  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeth1View Post
Has anyone else had problems with the ezmount cushion shrinking in size after several years?

(I noticed several of my older stamps that have been stored on SI sheets in binders have cushion that is 1/16 or 1/8 smaller than the actual rubber stamp. The stamps and cushion where equal size when I cut them so I'm concerned about long term use of ezmount.)

Oh I am losing sleep too about all of this as it's worse for me being in Australia because I unmounted all my SU sets last year and placed them on thick and thin Ezmount and guess what - yes they have shrunk in 1 year, but worse when I read the reaction to the cd cases, I checked and yes it's happening right before my eyes, more so on the thin black Ezmount than the thick grey Ezmount. My drama is that not only is it expensive, but we don't have all the storage options available here in Australia and I went to one of the sites you all linked to and popped $80 worth of storage solutions in a cart and to post to here the whole order was going to cost over $300!!! yes that's right. I can't believe my dilemma. I bought a roll of clear contact today thinking I will cover some cheap thick cardstock I got at office works with this after stamping the image on the cardstock and then they will cling to that, but I'm hesitant to do that as I'm not sure if contact is safe as well?? If anyone knows could you let me know please. I really don't want to unmount them all again to go bare rubber as I'm scared! not sure if I can do it that way, but I'm also not sure if Stampin Up are bringing to Australia the option to purchase their dvd cases as I would love to go that way and just store everything in those. It's such an upsetting thing, when we all sink so much money into this hobby to have this happen. Thanks girls for all the feedback.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #131  
Pearl-ExPert

Glad you found something that works for you. That is what it is all about! In case there are other SCS members who are unsure of what organization would fit your crafting style, then here is an idea...

http://paperpedaler.wordpress.com/20...ounted-stamps/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #132  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by courtonstampsView Post
Oh I am losing sleep too about all of this as it's worse for me being in Australia because I unmounted all my SU sets last year and placed them on thick and thin Ezmount and guess what - yes they have shrunk in 1 year, but worse when I read the reaction to the cd cases, I checked and yes it's happening right before my eyes, more so on the thin black Ezmount than the thick grey Ezmount. My drama is that not only is it expensive, but we don't have all the storage options available here in Australia and I went to one of the sites you all linked to and popped $80 worth of storage solutions in a cart and to post to here the whole order was going to cost over $300!!! yes that's right. I can't believe my dilemma. I bought a roll of clear contact today thinking I will cover some cheap thick cardstock I got at office works with this after stamping the image on the cardstock and then they will cling to that, but I'm hesitant to do that as I'm not sure if contact is safe as well?? If anyone knows could you let me know please. I really don't want to unmount them all again to go bare rubber as I'm scared! not sure if I can do it that way, but I'm also not sure if Stampin Up are bringing to Australia the option to purchase their dvd cases as I would love to go that way and just store everything in those. It's such an upsetting thing, when we all sink so much money into this hobby to have this happen. Thanks girls for all the feedback.
I had read in one of these threads that it is safe to use cardstock that has been laminated. I don't know if the clear contact paper is the same as a laminating sheet.
Just Us Girls Challenge DT

Last edited by qvande; 03-05-2010 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #133  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks ladies. I have sent an email to Stampin Up Australia requesting we get their awesome dvd storage cases here in Oz, so in the meantime I have just placed all of my SU stamps onto the cardstock and into A4 size plastic (a different plastic to the cd) cases and they are sitting flat. The cd cases I had must have been of a quality that was bad as there is a lot of residue left on them after removing my stamps. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long to transfer them over. And thanks again, this is an awesome site when you need some help
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 07:00 AM   #134  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I currently have mine on the disembodied clamshell lids of my SU cases, and it's working well but the only problem is that they aren't inclosed and could fall off. (I use the SU sticker on the foam side and Tack-it-Over-and-Over so I won't have ez mount issues).

Sooo, I just ordered myself some of the new SU cases ($50 for 40 cases and a free stamp set during SAB) and I'll put my sets with small pieces in those cases. They are larger than a CD case, clear to see through, and thin. They fit on a CD storage rack too. I'll see how that works then order more if I really like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #135  
Insane Embellisher

I have the EZ mount storage system and use it for my clear acrylic stamps. I sort according to holidays, seasons, animals, tea-coffee-baking, etc.
I tried just stamping a pc of c/s as my index sheet to put in front of each stamp set - but over a period of time the c/s sticks to the stamp set - No damage, just a yucky feeling pulling it apart.
I also have some in cd cases but then, I store them away and forget to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #136  
Matboard Maniac

Default don't store clear mount stamps on acetate!!!

For anyone that is storing stamps on sheets of acetate, please find another system. It's been shown that over time, the chemicals in the acetate bond to the polymer in the stamps and totally destroy the stamps! I learned this the hard way. I had purchased some stamps a couple years ago. They come in a package on sheets of acetate. When I went to remove them from the sheets, they were literally BONDED to the acetate. Stamps were ruined.

I hope noone here has to learn by my mistake!

On a better note, the new Stampin' Up! unmounted stamp boxes are AWESOME. I can fit 4 - 6 stamp sets in one box! You can store stamps one each side of the box and it will still close. $4.95 for 3 boxes is a decent price as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #137  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been only stamping for a couple years, but I haven't had any problems storing my stamps on acetate sheets yet. Mind you, most of my stamps are either clear or down to bare rubber. From all that I've read, the problem is more prevalent when you use EZ mount. I did buy a set of clear stamps where one stamp wouldn't come off the acetate sheet, so all I did was trim the stamp and put TIO&O on the acetate and I'm able to use the stamp. I would like my stamps to last a long time, but I don't expect them to last forever. There are going to be a few casualties along the way. For the most part, I'm willing to take the chance (and the money savings) storing my stamps on acetate sheets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #138  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by needmorestampsView Post
On a better note, the new Stampin' Up! unmounted stamp boxes are AWESOME. I can fit 4 - 6 stamp sets in one box! You can store stamps one each side of the box and it will still close. $4.95 for 3 boxes is a decent price as well.
It's actually $4.95 for 4 boxes - even better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 04:35 AM   #139  

Note:

Acetate is only dangerous for EZMount. If you use bare rubber or Acrylic Stamps you have nothing to worry about.

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #140  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
Someone had asked about indexing the binder boxes. This is a photo from Melanie Muenchinger's blog on how she did hers. She said that all of those boxes only took up 12" on her desk or shelf. This really looks neat.

I use some of these but have been hesitant to store them vertically as shown in this picture. I also have stored UM stamps in binders stored vertically and the stamps have slipped off their cling. Have people been successful storing vertically?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #141  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
OOOohhh _ I love my Little Monkeys! I have had my sets for 2 years and I put a label in the upper left hand corner with what is in the sleeve-Sassy Sayings, Sentiments, Flourish and Swirls, etc. Each panel holds 8 of the $1 sets from Michael's. I just have to flip through, find the sleeve, and stamp away. I have a shelf in the closet they set on and I have used them more in the past 2 years than ever. I like that they are sitting straight up and the "flip file" aspect of it.
I love the Little Monkey System and am continually surprised at the number of stamps each box holds. I had a problem not receiving an order and could never get a response from the company. Makes me hesitatant to order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #142  
Stampin' Fool

Regarding the chemical reaction when you store stamps with EZ mount on them in CD cases.....what exactly happens? I've just started unmounting my stamps this week. So far only one has EZ foam on it but before I continue I'd like to know more about the chemical reaction thing. I had read somewhere that someone puts glossy paper in the CD and then places her stamps on that. Would that eliminate the chemical thing? If there is no EZ mount on the stamp is there still a problem. I know a lot of ladies use the CD cases so there must be some info I'm missing. Your help is appreciated.

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #143  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by LorraineBKView Post
Regarding the chemical reaction when you store stamps with EZ mount on them in CD cases.....what exactly happens? I've just started unmounting my stamps this week. So far only one has EZ foam on it but before I continue I'd like to know more about the chemical reaction thing. I had read somewhere that someone puts glossy paper in the CD and then places her stamps on that. Would that eliminate the chemical thing? If there is no EZ mount on the stamp is there still a problem. I know a lot of ladies use the CD cases so there must be some info I'm missing. Your help is appreciated.
Some folks have trouble w/ the EZM shrinking and I have seen it disintegrate. I have slippage & shrinkage even w/ their panels, but no degradation (6+ year old stamps).

I don't think acetate affects rubber, but it may w/ long term storage. Acetate is not acid free and this is from where the problem may stem.

I also do not recommend tins of any type. I just watched an episode of Modern Marvels on the History channel. Metals are easily corrosive; the humidity in the air may be all that's required to initiate a chemical reaction ... so be careful w/ your loose rubber, EZM'ed or clear stamps (and not all clear stamps are made equally).

I hope this was helpful so someone
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #144  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for the information. I did take my stamps down to bare rubber. Mounting them back on to EZ Mount would have been a long process so I kept them bare. I have them stored in CD and DVD cases and the stamps I have that were purchased on cling are in binders. They were already unmounted and in the binders so I just kept that system for them.

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #145  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by twink-a-dinkView Post
Some folks have trouble w/ the EZM shrinking and I have seen it disintegrate. I have slippage & shrinkage even w/ their panels, but no degradation (6+ year old stamps).

I don't think acetate affects rubber, but it may w/ long term storage. Acetate is not acid free and this is from where the problem may stem.

I also do not recommend tins of any type. I just watched an episode of Modern Marvels on the History channel. Metals are easily corrosive; the humidity in the air may be all that's required to initiate a chemical reaction ... so be careful w/ your loose rubber, EZM'ed or clear stamps (and not all clear stamps are made equally).

I hope this was helpful so someone
Hi, twinkadink!

I am relatively new to stamping and am slowly building my collection. I have several rubber stamps that I want to unmount on EZ Mount and then store on CD cases, but after reading this post, I'm more confused than ever.
Do you have any recommendations/suggestions for storage? TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2011, 06:46 AM   #146  
Hardware Hotshot

I am a bare rubber stamper and I store my stamps 2 different ways...

I use photo slip (refill pages for 4x6 photos cut apart) and then 6x9 envelopes sealed and cut in half...Index the front of the envelope with your stamp and store in snap photo boxes from Cropper Hopper or OTC...

I also have a lot of single stamps, clear stamps and few cling mounted stamps and I use paper CD folders for those...I cut GP white card stock insets to index the stamp (you see most of it through the circle window) and store those in flip top CD/DVD containers I found at WM...

Both of these system are so inexpensive and have lasted for me over the 5+ years! They both stack on my shelves, boxes are labeled and take a minimal amount of space compared to CD cases or bulky binders...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #147  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default UPDATE on what you tried and liked...............

Since this thread was started 3 years ago, I was wondering what systems people actually tried and liked or didn't liked.

I'm especially interested in the Gina K Binders. What size are the inserts and what size are the boxes? (I looked on the website but it doesn't say) Did anyone try this system? Do the stamps still cling to the inserts over time? How many inserts will fit in each box?

Thanks for any updates/suggestions/opinions.

Last edited by not2shabbydesigns; 12-21-2011 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #148  
Stazon Splitcoast

The Gina K binders I think are A5

They seem to be the equivalent of these mini binder and storage panels - EZMount Stamp Storage
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #149  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
The Gina K binders I think are A5

They seem to be the equivalent of these mini binder and storage panels - EZMount Stamp Storage
Thank you; you don't happen to know if they have reasonable shipping charges do you? I bought two rubber stamps with no wood the other day and paid $7.00 for shipping. Ridiculous!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #150  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
Thank you; you don't happen to know if they have reasonable shipping charges do you? I bought two rubber stamps with no wood the other day and paid $7.00 for shipping. Ridiculous!!
I don't.

I know that Univenture (I believe they are the maker) used to have the binders on their site. The listing is still up but there is an error if you try to click on it, and they regularly have offers. That would still leave sourcing the pages from Crafters Companion.

You can add to your cart and calculate shipping without any obligation to buy. It looks as though if you spend $50 it is free flat rate. HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #151  
Inking Addict

I've found this thread very interesting and helpful. Thanks to whoever started it!
I've been stamping since 2003 using only unmounted or clear stamps. Since the beginning I've put them on EZ Mount and stored them in CD cases. The only negatives I've experienced is a cloudiness on the CD case side that's against the EZ Mount and a leaking of the adhesive that makes some of the stamps messy to use. The latter has occurred on just some of the stamps.
Michaels has a package of Aleens paper that is sticky on both sides. Is this the same as Tack & Peel made by Tsukineiko? The Aleens package stated it was a permanent bond so it sounded like it wasn't what I wanted to use on my blocks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #152  
Hardware Hotshot

If it is what I saw, it is not like Tack & Peel, this is like Red Line Tape and will stick forever and is not going to let your stamp off the block!

I have used a couple of strips of double sided scotch tape on my block with a couple of stamps I had not done the TIO&O on yet and you can just lay them on Saran Wrap when not in use...The stamps peel on and off just fine...The tape can be peeled off anytime you are done with it...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #153  
Polyshrink Goddess

Where are you ladies finding Aleens tack it over and over? I can"t find
it anywhere, not here where i live. I went on line to Hobby Lobby and Joanns
and its not there. Am i not looking for the right thing? Did they change the
name of it? I would really like to try this on my stamps and free up some
room.
Thanks for you help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #154  
Stazon Splitcoast

Aleene's at Joanne's Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over Glue- 4 oz.*: adhesives*: bonding & stabilizers*: sewing & quilt*: Shop | Joann.com

I don't see it online for Hobby Lobby.

I know I have seen it in Michael's and Walmart when shopping. HTH.

FWIW - I use a 3M repositionable glue stick for my bare rubber and keep them on Georgia Pacific cardstock in paper CD sleeves which I have labelled with the exact contents. It really works well for those that I have done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #155  
Inking Addict

I purchased a bottle of Aleen's Tack it Over and Over at Michaels yesterday. It was the only one left! There are many types of Aleen's products so it's hard to see what you want on the shelves. If you Google the product it also shows that Sears has it but I didn't check our local Sears Hardware store to verify.

Spoke to someone at Crafty Companion yesterday about the panels they sell to place inside the CD cases that keeps the EZM from reacting. He told me that it paper that is laminated. I suppose that means covering CS with laminated sheets would work. I asked if using Glossy CS would work and he didn't know. Anybody try using that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #156  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm no expert but I think you have to be careful with anything on EZmount -I read on this board somewhere a couple of years ago it could react if stored on the wrong surface - there are different types of laminating supplies - some are acid free. There are some really long old threads that probably have that information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 06:49 AM   #157  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I took all by rubber stamps off their blocks and the foam. I have bare rubber, that I put the Aileene's Tack it Over and Over on.

Then I put a piece of inexpensive white cardstock, from Wal Mart, inside those plastic Document Protector Sleeves and cut those down to fit inside regular old plastic sandwich bags.

Why, the Aileene's on the bare rubber allows for more storage space, and I stamp on a surface that gives so I don't have problems with making a good stamped impression.

I had originally used the full sheets in binders, but sometimes a stamp would fall off. Found that out when my puppy brought me a rubber stamp he found near the cabinet where I kept the binders.

I cut the pages down (stapled loose edges as needed) and slipped them into the sandwich bags, which are stored in those plastic dollar shoe boxes in a cabinet. Everything is labled and sorted.

Here's a link to my blog with photos to explain better

Ladybugstamper's Craft Site: My unmounted storage system

I like this system because I just pull out a shoe box, grab what I need and go. No large or heavy binders on my work space, just a few bags. The bags aren't sealed so everything can "breathe"

Hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #158  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Aleene's at Joanne's Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over Glue- 4 oz.*: adhesives*: bonding & stabilizers*: sewing & quilt*: Shop | Joann.com

I don't see it online for Hobby Lobby.

I know I have seen it in Michael's and Walmart when shopping. HTH.

FWIW - I use a 3M repositionable glue stick for my bare rubber and keep them on Georgia Pacific cardstock in paper CD sleeves which I have labelled with the exact contents. It really works well for those that I have done.
Thank you so so so much, i was looking in scrapbooking and in the craft part of the online. I didn't do a search and didn't think to look in the sewing department. My walmart doesn't carry the tack it over and over, they have
all the other ones but not that one.
Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #159  
Rubber Obsessor

I still haven't figured it out and I've been on a quest since 2007. I just posted some MESSY pictures of my shameful CLEAR stamps in this post ...
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
I can not seem to commit to a proper solution within my budget. I guess I'll figure it out eventually / :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #160  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by twink-a-dinkView Post
I still haven't figured it out and I've been on a quest since 2007. I just posted some MESSY pictures of my shameful CLEAR stamps in this post ...
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
I can not seem to commit to a proper solution within my budget. I guess I'll figure it out eventually / :oops:
Wow. I feel for you - this must make it impossible to feel like making anything with all of your wonderful stamps and products!!

If I were you, here's what I'd do:

1. Paper: Donate or throw it away without looking at it.
Well, let's be more reasonable. Is there anything in those huge stacks of paper that you can think of off the top of your head (without looking!), that you know is a favorite that you would love to use? Seriously - do you have any pads or just loose paper? If you can dig out something you absolutely LOVE the most of all and keep that... toss the rest!! You've accumulated so much that it is only a hindrance and you're going to spend more time sorting and figuring out storage than you'll ever get to spend using it. Give yourself permission to start over. I bet if you narrowed it down to a reasonable amount of paper and found you were enjoying it, you'd be on your way to stopping the hoarding and using instead.

2. Your stamps. You have to be able to find them. I sort mine by company because they have such distinct styles. You could start there and then go through each pile. Your style/tastes may have changed since you got some of them. You can probably make three stacks for each company: LOVE, like, no longer like (or don't like as much as you did when you bought it). Put the "no longer like" in a box to sell or donate. Put the "like" in a box to rummage through when you want to try something different or feel like a change and go there instead of shopping. Then - find a storage solution for the LOVE.

3. If you can, leave the LOVE piles out -- on the floor, under a table, on top of a table. Leave those sorted in stacks in some way -- another reason company sorting is easy is that they tend to all be packaged similarly so storage and temporary stacking work better. As you work with them, you'll discover how you think about them in terms of - I feel like working with company "X" because I want to do something in that style. Or, I'm looking for something nature, or manly, or birthday, and if the company you're looking for doesn't come to mind, and that's how you often work, then you probably should sort by theme.

Once you discover how you think about those sets, then you can look for an appropriate storage solution for your stamps. And that will depend in part on how you sort them.

The first step for me is always purging. I often find I have things from long ago that I just know I won't use. Sometimes I put them in a box, bury it in the closet, and then go back months later and find that I do want it, or else I'll sell or donate it.

You know, this is all just the way I'd do it - it may not work for you. But I think if you can just come up with a systematic way of paring things down, you'll be happier. Hope some of these ideas may help you, anyway.

Good luck!!!
Reply With Quote Likes