Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #121  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love PTI too.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #122  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 367 Likes on 269 Posts

My PTI box was waiting for me today....I'm looking forward to relaxing and opening it and admiring all my new goodies..anyone else get theirs?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #123  
CBC Giggle Girl

yep I got mine today. That's the fastest shipping I've had post release. I was so excited!

"Exercise is a dirty word. Everytime I hear it I wash my mouth out with chocolate." -Charles M. Shultz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #124  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oooh I'm in the Twin Cities too...I hope mine is home when I get there!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #125  
Polyshrink Goddess

Shoot! I'm SO jealous! I'm in Ohio and mine didn't arrive yet! Gosh, here's hoping for tomorrow . . . and a "sick" day on Wednesday? LOL (Just kidding!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #126  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my first order from them a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't believe
how fast I got my order.I had been looking for some b-day sentiments and
i just loved theirs, and have heard really good things about them on here and
so i gave them a try. i had wanted to try there paper and forgot to order it. Now i
will have to wait until next month.
What is there paper like? What do you like about it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #127  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by glendakView Post
so i gave them a try. i had wanted to try there paper and forgot to order it. Now i
Their card stock is amazing. It is #110 and comes in wonderful colors that they are still adding to every other month (May should have a new color). For each color, there is an ink, button mix and 6 matching ribbon styles. Most PTI fans will not use any other card stock once they have tried PTI, especially for the card base. They also have a variety of 8x8" patterned papers that are also in the PTI colors. The PP is not as heavy as the cardstock and it is not doublesided but all patterns are specifically designed for cardmaking, not trying to be both a card and scrapbook pattern.

The cardstock is excellent for copic coloring, too. I use Momento ink on PTI for copics and get virtually no bleeding and excellent saturation and blending (I am not a copic expert, however!) You can get a sampler pack of cardstock that has all their colors... an excellent way to see how well you like them and get a real feel for them. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 03:18 AM   #128  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I like everything about PTI paper! The quality is great--nice and heavy--and the colors are absolutely beautiful. I'm a Copic beginner, but use PTI paper with no issues at all. In addition, they have other embellishments to match

I have never been disappointed with any item I purchased from PTI. I am an addict. I admit it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 05:01 AM   #129  
Polyshrink Goddess

Glenda, I'm in love with their papers too. I especially like the Stamper's White and Vintage Cream cardstock. The reason being, all my cardstock has come from SU! Their white is almost shiny and much more flimsy. Great when you have a stamp that won't stamp perfectly. But not perfect for a card base. SU's very vanilla is flimsy too. PTI's antique cream (the one I use the most and the one that they sell in a bigger pkg then white!) is a dream. I've noticed no difference in weight with SU! and PTI colored cardstocks. I definitely recommend the PTI cardstock stampler. I'm so new to PTI that I'm still using my 2008 and 2009 stash just to learn colors. If you're a blue or green fan, also try out their new color Hawaiian shores!

"Life is full of gifts. Look for them."

I've made it to 50 cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #130  
Pearl-ExPert

I LOVE their CS their white is the only CS I will use with Copics it is top of the top for sure!! I don't know about their guaruntee but I will give you one if you don't love their white for Copics I will buy your CS hows that!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #131  
Kookie Creator

I'm a rubbah type of girl, but have purchased a few sets from J's & M's just to try a different "format". Needless to say, they've been at the bottom of my drawer because I haven't had much luck with them. I've tried different inks, did the eraser thing, cleaned prior to first use... the ink beads and I don't get a very crisp image. So I chalk it up to poor stamp quality. Could very well be user error too =P

So I've avoided PTI when being sold on the forums, but I stumbled upon a sentiment from a card on here... said "UGH" when I saw that it was PTI, but went to the site anyway. OMG! Love the designs and the sentiment sets. And I really like that they have a link to the idea gallery right next to the set itself. BUT, they're clear. SO.... I'm assuming you're not having any issues with the stamps since everyone raves about them. Tell me about them. Are they better quality? Are they "worked" differently so I can get similar results as my rubber images? I already have a wish list, but don't want to purchase only to have them join my existing clear stamps at the bottom of my drawer.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #132  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IMHO - The PTI's are VERY high quality. Want another vice? Try Kitchen Sink Stamps. I have found that I can't use my marvy markers with clear stamps but I get clear crisp images with my regular ink pads. I try not to use Stazon because it will stain ... and I have turned some a few odd colors using dye inks - but even that won't stop me from doing it again and again.

I think the biggest thing for me about the (high quality) clear stamps is that I can see through them and can see exactly where the image is going to stamp. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've never heard of them.

However, I just checked them out.

I'm afraid to ask why they aren't loved... I'm lovin' what I'm seein'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #134  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What's not loved? *boggles*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #135  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I LOVE LOVE LOVE PTI!
THe stamps are TOP quality for clear stamps and I have never had any problems with getting clear crisp images -
This card is stamped using a PTI set -
Hey Buddy by meluvstampin at Splitcoaststampers

I LOVE the cardstock! Its the only cardstock I ever use now. I still have some SU left but it slowly going. Its just not the same since I first bought my PTI.

The ribbons are gorgeous also! Then there is the felt and the Dies!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #136  
Kookie Creator

Chautona - I should have clarified.... PTI is only sold online. I've purchased other brand-name clear stamp sets from Joann/Michaels, but they weren't working for me.

BillieDee - I read through the KSS thread here as well. I love the 3-step sets. Are all of their sets like that? The samples I've seen here... absolutely gorgeous what you can do.

Mel - I've read so many raves about their paper/colors. Unfortunately I'm so entrenched in SU that I cannot justify adding another color palette to my very large collection. Once I start dwindling my supply might I consider the PTI colors. Although I must say thet are SO PRETTY.... but I can't, CAN'T. It's so difficult since I'm such a paper addict!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #137  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm loving a lot of the PTI sets, definitely going to buy some of the paper, but I guess Kitchen Sink isn't my thing. I wasn't as intrigued by them.

Now, i need to forget about spending money right now and go back to actually MAKING something.

Yeah... that. *gulp*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #138  
Kookie Creator

I love the PTI sets, wasn't quite as happy with their customer service.

I ordered four sets and spent very close to $90 with them. I bought two sets out of three that all coordinated, but could never get the link to the third set to work, even from different pages within their store. I assumed it was discontinued or something. Right after I placed my order, I found a link from someone's blog to the exact set on the Papertrey site! I immediately wrote an email (less than 30 minutes later) explaining what had happened and asking them if they would please add the set to my order. Four days later I get an email saying no. They added that their system didn't allow that and that they hope to fix it in the future. Really? I spend $90 bucks with you, want to spend another $24, and you can't add something to my order? Wow. Seems like if you're running a business, you ought to be able to fix a customer's order - especially when they want to spend even more money with you!

Oh well - I guess that it was just my problem that their links didn't work right on their website. I did get the other sets today sets and I like them, but I'll most likely take my future spending to a company that makes some effort to work with their customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #139  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrshungriaView Post
Glenda, I'm in love with their papers too. I especially like the Stamper's White and Vintage Cream cardstock. The reason being, all my cardstock has come from SU! Their white is almost shiny and much more flimsy. Great when you have a stamp that won't stamp perfectly. But not perfect for a card base. SU's very vanilla is flimsy too. PTI's antique cream (the one I use the most and the one that they sell in a bigger pkg then white!) is a dream. I've noticed no difference in weight with SU! and PTI colored cardstocks. I definitely recommend the PTI cardstock stampler. I'm so new to PTI that I'm still using my 2008 and 2009 stash just to learn colors. If you're a blue or green fan, also try out their new color Hawaiian shores!

This is really good to know, i might have to try their paper, hopefully next month. I'm still learning about all the different stamps and papers. So i have order paper from SU and loved the thickness of it. Then i talked myself into buying the white for card bases and i don't like it. It is not as thick as the colored cardstock and I thought that it would be. So now I have that sitting in my desk. I was really dissappointed about that, i wish i had know.I have been using GP#110 for card bases, until i get to put in another order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #140  
Crimping Master

I have never had an issuse with PTI not taking ink. I use my SU inks and the ones that PTI sells and the stamps take it nicely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It is not as thick as the colored cardstock and I thought that it would be. So now I have that sitting in my desk. I was really dissappointed about that, i wish i had know.
ME TOO! I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo disappointed in that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 02:48 AM   #142  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenakeeView Post
I love the PTI sets, wasn't quite as happy with their customer service.

I ordered four sets and spent very close to $90 with them. I bought two sets out of three that all coordinated, but could never get the link to the third set to work, even from different pages within their store. I assumed it was discontinued or something. Right after I placed my order, I found a link from someone's blog to the exact set on the Papertrey site! I immediately wrote an email (less than 30 minutes later) explaining what had happened and asking them if they would please add the set to my order. Four days later I get an email saying no. They added that their system didn't allow that and that they hope to fix it in the future. Really? I spend $90 bucks with you, want to spend another $24, and you can't add something to my order? Wow. Seems like if you're running a business, you ought to be able to fix a customer's order - especially when they want to spend even more money with you!

Oh well - I guess that it was just my problem that their links didn't work right on their website. I did get the other sets today sets and I like them, but I'll most likely take my future spending to a company that makes some effort to work with their customers.
I know the current website has issues. There is going to be a NEW website going live soon.
About adding items to orders already placed - many companies cannot do that as the system does not allow it.
I work for a world-wide athletic company and we cannot add items to orders already placed either. There is no way on our system to do that.

I have had good experiences with PTI. Many of us are patiently waiting for the new website though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 03:01 AM   #143  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I do like PTI - but last time I ordered, I did have a few issues. For starters, I am in Canada - so of course shipping is very high.

Secondly - though I paid 29.00 for a 70.00 order - it still took over two weeks to arrive. It was not held up in customs or anything - PTI did not ship it promptly.

When I tried to get a hold of PTI - because UPS tracking did not show it as actually being accepted into the system - it took me three emails and about 72 hours for them to respond to my question - has my order been mailed?

I would really like it if PTI would have a phone number so as to get hold of them in the event that you have an issue. Most companies that I order from - Frantic Stamper, Gina K, Crafty Secrets, etc have a phone number on the site.

I purposely ordered several days before there last release so as not to have to wait for them to ship my item - but it did not make any difference.

I think that their customer service / contact could be better.

BTW - Mel - thanks for offering yourself as a proxy shipper!

I may take advantage of that sometime! I do love papertrey!!!

BTW - perhaps you cannot say what your ebay store is -but PM me - I'd love to know what it is! I expect you give wonderful service!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 03:46 AM   #144  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by good_day1214View Post
Chautona - I should have clarified.... PTI is only sold online. I've purchased other brand-name clear stamp sets from Joann/Michaels, but they weren't working for me.

BillieDee - I read through the KSS thread here as well. I love the 3-step sets. Are all of their sets like that? The samples I've seen here... absolutely gorgeous what you can do.

Mel - I've read so many raves about their paper/colors. Unfortunately I'm so entrenched in SU that I cannot justify adding another color palette to my very large collection. Once I start dwindling my supply might I consider the PTI colors. Although I must say thet are SO PRETTY.... but I can't, CAN'T. It's so difficult since I'm such a paper addict!!!
I was also. I have been selling my SU stuff and buying PTI and other companies stamps now. I sold most of my SU sets as I just no longer used them and they sat there.
Same with cardstock. The first time I used it I knew I had to buy it in every color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2010, 06:33 AM   #145  
Kookie Creator

OK. Took the plunge after days of debate.

First PTI order... 4 sets:
Signature Greetings
A Little Argyle
Enjoy the Ride
Enjoy the Ride Die

Can't wait to get the goodies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2010, 06:47 AM   #146  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by good_day1214View Post
OK. Took the plunge after days of debate.

First PTI order... 4 sets:
Signature Greetings
A Little Argyle
Enjoy the Ride
Enjoy the Ride Die

Can't wait to get the goodies!!

ALL great sets! You will love them! Don't ask me how I know! LOL

Welcome to the wonderful world of PTI!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #147  
Polyshrink Goddess

I received my very first PTI stamps last week. Let me say I was very skeptical as i hate clear stamps.... I put them to ink over the weekend...I was so pleasantly surprised with the quality and how clean the lines stamped. I was already a fan of the cardstock and paper and ribbon but now I am hooked on the stamps and dies too!!!! Can't wait to make some cards from the Enjoy the Ride set. And I Can't wait for the next release.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #148  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michellena317View Post
I received my very first PTI stamps last week. Let me say I was very skeptical as i hate clear stamps.... I put them to ink over the weekend...I was so pleasantly surprised with the quality and how clean the lines stamped. I was already a fan of the cardstock and paper and ribbon but now I am hooked on the stamps and dies too!!!! Can't wait to make some cards from the Enjoy the Ride set. And I Can't wait for the next release.

This is reassuring to hear, especially from a fellow PTI newbie (stamp-wise that is), since I was hesitant to purchase because they were clear. Glad to hear you're having fun with them. Post up your creations with Enjoy the Ride. I'm a shameless CASer... =P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #149  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Wishing I was not at work but I have to pay for my hobbies some how! LOL!

I love PTI! I have recently been using them a lot even though I always reach for them for their sentiments (I love that font!). I am totally addicted to them. I absolutely in love with creating and using their backgrounds. I just ordered 7 sets about 2 weeks ago and I already have a wish list of 6 more plus some of the $5 sets!

I love all of their card stock! I only use their neutrals for my card bases. Their kraft rocks too! I love how the ink, card stock and ribbon all coordinate! It is very addictive!

I also found a way to save money by not buying their dies. I have a Cricut and I recently bought the Make The Cut (MTC) software so I am now not limited to cartridges only. I stamped out a PTI image in black ink on white card stock. I used my scanner and scanned it to use in MTC. Then I added a shadow outline to the image and deleted the stamped image inside. Viola, it is equivalent to a die! And to make it even sweeter, I bought the scanner at a garage sale for $5, the cost of one PTI die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #150  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Another PTI Convert

I also just received my first PTI order and am absolutely delighted with their products. I did have one glitch with a stamp in the A Little Argyle set because I didn't follow their written instructions to prep the stamp (with an eraser) before using. The time I spent patiently cleaning the gucky mess my Stampin' Scrub made on it taught me my lesson. LOL

The images from their stamps are incredible and you can tell they are high quality. The lines are crisp, but the telling part for me is that you don't feel the stamp squish or give when you press down unlike some of the other clear stamps I have.

I was really impressed with their cardstock sampler. The colours are gorgeous and the white ... Oooh wee ... perfect for card bases. I hate the SU white for bases and find that the Bazzill is too pricey since my LSS only sell it by the sheet and I can go through it like water. SU is still my go-to for Kraft, but they've lost my business for stamps and coloured CS.

Shipping to Canada was expensive, but I split the order with someone to get the $20 discount. It did take awhile to arrive (1 1/2 weeks), but I've waited longer for a single stamp set in an envelope from the US via First Class International mail. And I guess my patience was rewarded ... I paid NO DUTY for my box. Don't know how ... don't care why ... I'm just thrilled I didn't have to pay Canada Post when I picked up my box yesterday.

Now, excuse me while I go get the rest of my new toys inky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #151  
Rubber Obsessor

Me! Me! I love Papertrey!
Reply With Quote Likes