Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #81  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 370 Likes on 272 Posts

I finally ordered from PTI a couple of months ago after lurking on their site and blog....I was very happy with the quick service and I love the stamps..got the Couch sets. I also ordered a paper sampler after reading everyone's post about the quality of the paper. I must say that I wasn't disappointed...love the paper, the weight is just right and the colors yummy! I'll probably place another order soon...been looking at the rickrack die and the Wonderfully Whimsical Set....adorable!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #82  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennysbugbitesView Post
Yes im doing it now. Have you been to the PTI forum? Thats where its posted at. If you go to papertreyink.com and up at the top it says FORUM & GALLERY... go there and you will find a forum post called BLOG HOP and in it you will find MARCH 2010 BLOG HOP.

Any questions just PM or reach me on my blog
I just checked out your Blog Hop card. It is sooo cute! I wasn't able to participate this month. It was my anniversary and went out last night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #83  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: keeping my 7 yr old still, while I'm in stampin' bliss!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I also love Papertrey. I actually emailed my mom a link to the gift certificate page for my one Birthday Idea. Apparently I'm hard to shop for?

I recently tried out the rustic white and rustic cream. They are AWESOME. They just seem to go with so many of my print papers I have gotten lately.

The stamps are always great, I love the greetings best though, they are so well thought out. I simply will not buy wood mounted greetings anymore, it's so easy to do with clear and I don't have to get out my stamp-a-ma-jij, not that it was so hard, but now it's even easier!

And her Design Team rocks. She surely knows, but she has to hold onto those ladies! Because even when I have no intention of buying a thing that team makes me "need" stuff!

Customer Service wise they are great. I one time lost a stamp in a set. Bummer. I emailed and asked if I could buy just the stamp and if not to let me know because I would need to reorder the set. They said no way, they just sent me a new one stamp free. Now I don't know that they would always do that and I'd have been ok with paying for it, totally my mistake, but it went a long way with me that I didn't have to.

OMG, I didn't know that you could do that. I lost that little pencil in the Notes set, (I was making those beautiful notepads) and I thought I'd never be able to get it again w/o buying the whole set. That pencil is such an important stamp for that stamp set. I will shoot them an email and see if I can just get the pencil. I'm willing to pay for it also! THANKS!

p.s. I LOVE PTI! I'm a convert from SU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #84  
Polyshrink Goddess

Keep this thread going ladies! I love to hear your stories!

PTI was not able to intercept my most recent order (the one with Hawaiian shores, the border dies, mini scrapbook kit, and buttons!), so right now my precious order is going to my school on Monday (it's CLOSED, we're on spring break!) so I'm hoping, hoping, hoping, that UPS will hold the package for me so I can stamp all spring break!

Jennysbugbites: I know where the Forum and Gallery is, but when I went in it, I didn't see March Blog Hop. Do you think I have to be a logged in user to see it? Perhaps I wasn't that time.

Bitsy55: Yay for you! To know that you're new to stamping, and PTI is one of your companies to get you hooked??? Check out their designer blogs to give you tons of inspiration - that's doable!

Thanks as always ladies!

"Life is full of gifts. Look for them."

I've made it to 50 cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 07:11 AM   #85  
Pearl-ExPert

I love PTI!!!

About being logged in for the Blog Hop.... I thought you do have to be logged in to PTI. I was logged on to be able to see all the options. However, I am a newbie to PTI so others would know a lot more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 07:12 AM   #86  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi everyone!! Another HUGE PTI fan here!! :mrgreen: I've been with them from almost the beginning and still love the older sets as much as the new ones!!
I absolutely LOVE the colors they have, the variety of ribbons (satin being my very favorite!!) and the new formulation of inks!!
I'm (im)patiently waiting for a second order for this month, hopefully today or Monday. So sorry Melissa you may have to wait until after spring break, ack!!!!
I do believe you have to be logged in to see the March blog hop, when you are logged in there is a list of topics, blog hop being one of them, click that and at the bottom is the March 2010. It was a great hop this month, well they always are, everyone is so creative!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #87  
Pearl-ExPert

ok, I admit it I am new to PTI! I have checked out there sight many times and have received a few items in gift exchanges, but am unsure where to start with them. It is so overwhelming for me and was wondering what everyone would suggest that I purchase first??? TIA!

Jamie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #88  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

I am another PTI fan, though not every stamp set is my style there is plenty to appeal to everyone.

As a Canadian customer, the shipping hurts but if I save up and place a large order it's not so bad,

There is one thing I don't like about PTI,

The jewel case storage and having to apply the image sticker that is all rolled up. Jewel cases are such brittle plastic and break so easily. It would be nice to see a change there, SU has a great system for their clear mount I think I will devise a way to buy the clear cases from SU and stamp sheets to store my PTI stamps.

The storage issue is not enough to deter me from buying PTI, they are certainly a fave . Especially the button bits series and the tags.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 08:43 AM   #89  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jamie, Buy the cardstock 2009 sampler so you get an idea of their colors. Choose one color that you really love and buy ribbons and buttons in those colors. At this point, I wish I had it all! Are you interested in dies? It's not hard to get up to $60 for free shipping. Like it's already been said, I used to have my friend buy with me so we could qualify for free shipping, and now I can order on my own! I only have a handful of sets, but the button bits ones are my most favs! They have such a great selection of sentiments in their stamp sets.

Lori and Stamper for Fun, So I logged in and still don't see blog hop. Am I really this dense? I went into the Ask Papertrey team forum, and can't do "blog hop" as a search item because it's too common it says. No where do I see blog hop. I was just hoping to see some blogs featuring all PTI! The only topic I see is changing the timing of the blog hop. That's it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #90  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrshungriaView Post
Jamie, Buy the cardstock 2009 sampler so you get an idea of their colors. Choose one color that you really love and buy ribbons and buttons in those colors. At this point, I wish I had it all! Are you interested in dies? It's not hard to get up to $60 for free shipping. Like it's already been said, I used to have my friend buy with me so we could qualify for free shipping, and now I can order on my own! I only have a handful of sets, but the button bits ones are my most favs! They have such a great selection of sentiments in their stamp sets.

Lori and Stamper for Fun, So I logged in and still don't see blog hop. Am I really this dense? I went into the Ask Papertrey team forum, and can't do "blog hop" as a search item because it's too common it says. No where do I see blog hop. I was just hoping to see some blogs featuring all PTI! The only topic I see is changing the timing of the blog hop. That's it!

Melissa, if you are at the "Board Index", the button is on the top left of the screen, the 4th category down is the Blog Hop button, here is a direct link, hope this helps!! :mrgreen:
http://forum.papertreyink.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #91  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

I also forgot to mention, if you go into the Stamping Talk category, there is a "Post Here if you have updated your blog today" category, great inspiration that way too!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #92  
Polyshrink Goddess

Lori, You are fabulous and wonderful and I'm sending you awesome stamping mojo today! I'm embarassed to say I really am an idiot. I hadn't properly registered for the PTI forum and instead kept hitting the refresh button for the spam button instead of properly registering. So now that I'm registered, logged in, I get more than just the Ask the Papertrey Team.

My problem: If you go directly from their homepage to the forum section, and aren't logged in, all you get is the Ask the Papertrey Team. Once logged in, the index lists the blog hop. Now maybe I'll be able to participate next go round! Thanks so much Lori!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #93  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Quote:

Lori, You are fabulous and wonderful and I'm sending you awesome stamping mojo today! I'm embarassed to say I really am an idiot. I hadn't properly registered for the PTI forum and instead kept hitting the refresh button for the spam button instead of properly registering. So now that I'm registered, logged in, I get more than just the Ask the Papertrey Team.

My problem: If you go directly from their homepage to the forum section, and aren't logged in, all you get is the Ask the Papertrey Team. Once logged in, the index lists the blog hop. Now maybe I'll be able to participate next go round! Thanks so much Lori!

Oh believe me, I've had more "duh" moments than I care to admit! ;) I'm so happy you were able to figure it out and I was able to help!!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 11:35 AM   #94  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Thanks Melissa, I got some of the pink vintage buttons and guess I should start there. I also have seen the button bits and think they are soooo cute, guess I might get started there with the stamp sets. Thanks for the info.

Jamie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #95  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to jennysbugbites

Quote:

Keep this thread going ladies! I love to hear your stories!

PTI was not able to intercept my most recent order (the one with Hawaiian shores, the border dies, mini scrapbook kit, and buttons!), so right now my precious order is going to my school on Monday (it's CLOSED, we're on spring break!) so I'm hoping, hoping, hoping, that UPS will hold the package for me so I can stamp all spring break!

Jennysbugbites: I know where the Forum and Gallery is, but when I went in it, I didn't see March Blog Hop. Do you think I have to be a logged in user to see it? Perhaps I wasn't that time.

Bitsy55: Yay for you! To know that you're new to stamping, and PTI is one of your companies to get you hooked??? Check out their designer blogs to give you tons of inspiration - that's doable!

Thanks as always ladies!
That could be possible cause its def there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Default PTI jewel cases

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2browndogView Post
I am another PTI fan, though not every stamp set is my style there is plenty to appeal to everyone.

There is one thing I don't like about PTI,

The jewel case storage and having to apply the image sticker that is all rolled up. Jewel cases are such brittle plastic and break so easily. It would be nice to see a change there, SU has a great system for their clear mount I think I will devise a way to buy the clear cases from SU and stamp sheets to store my PTI stamps.

The storage issue is not enough to deter me from buying PTI, they are certainly a fave . Especially the button bits series and the tags.
I don't care for the CD jewel cases either. I've purchased the SU clear mount DVD cases and I love them. I've put my PTI sets in those. I combined the larger sets with the small $5 additional sets. I try to keep the same theme. It's well worth the extra money.

I agree that not every set is my style but there are so many that I like that I'm not sure I'll ever get all the ones I like unless I win the lotto.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #97  
Cardstock Collector

I'm a huge PTI fan too but, as another fan said above, I'm in the UK and simply can't justify the shipping costs to buy from them. I was tempted to treat myself on a significant birthday 12 months ago and did put in an order which came to exactly $100. Even with the $10 discount, with customs and UK carrier charges the total for shipping came to $59.60!!!!! I felt so guilty spending all that money I vowed never to order again - even though I absolutely love their stuff. So I content myself with buying from the Buy/Sell forum here and occasionally on ebay. And I've found a wonderful lady (through SCS) who is my proxy buyer - she is kind enough to order a couple of stamp sets for me when she makes an order herself. I'm off to read the Rant thread now - can't imagine what peeps don't like about PTI - apart from the shipping of course ;o)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #98  
Gallery Gazer

Four more days until the count down begins! I can't believe it. With spring break and vacationing this month has flown by! I don't think I have even inked last months new release sets yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #99  
Hardware Hotshot

You all are making me want to buy Papertrey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 05:15 AM   #100  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Scraps... if you ever want to check out their stuff, let me know...I'm in greeley! I have a ton of PTI papers, ribbon, ink and stamps.

Their paper is the best and their stamps are the best clear stamps I have used (quality and cuteness factor)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #101  
Polyshrink Goddess

Maria, Your bank account won't love PTI, but you sure will! I can't choose a favorite. I have their cardstock, stamp sets, ribbon, dies, and buttons. Is there anything I'm leaving out? And they have a new release coming next week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #102  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

With all the mentions of PTI I broke down and made my first order! Now I'm sitting on the edge of my chair awaiting the "Your order has shipped" message. Do they still ship within 48 hours? I won't cry if it's a little longer than that - as long as I know - but I want my stamps! *huge grin*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:47 AM   #103  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillieDeeView Post
With all the mentions of PTI I broke down and made my first order! Now I'm sitting on the edge of my chair awaiting the "Your order has shipped" message. Do they still ship within 48 hours? I won't cry if it's a little longer than that - as long as I know - but I want my stamps! *huge grin*
Billie,

Yeah, they normally ship within 48 hours. However, you may not get a shipping notice. For some reason, packages coming via the USPS have not been generating notices (they always USED to). If your package is shipped UPS, you'll get a notice from UPS that says it's coming from "Your Company Name" in Cincinnati.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #104  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Billie,

Yeah, they normally ship within 48 hours. However, you may not get a shipping notice. For some reason, packages coming via the USPS have not been generating notices (they always USED to). If your package is shipped UPS, you'll get a notice from UPS that says it's coming from "Your Company Name" in Cincinnati.

Thanks, Emily! Time to start stalking the mailbox.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #105  
Rubber Obsessor

I love PTI! Every product I've purchased has been top quality. So far I've really enjoyed their stamps, ink, cardstock, ribbons and buttons! I love their
white and kraft cardstock!

Their customer service is excellent and my orders have always
been packed with the greatest care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #106  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Billie Dee...you are going to be one happy camper when you get your stuff....hooked too I might add.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #107  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

SO, what did you end up getting! I usually get my free shipping and order only $60-90 at a time, my orders arrived in 5-7 days depending on the day I order and the time of the month, are shipped USPS, and I NEVER get a shipping notice. I think they, depending on the day, ship the next day!!! I LOVE PTI!! I never use any of my SU stamps and I have a ton!! They are so easy to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #108  
Die Cut Diva

Dang enablers!

Papertrey Ink - Delightful Dahlia Die Collection (set of 4)
Delightful Dahlia Stamp Set
Beautiful Blooms II Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink - Beautiful Blooms II #2 Die Collection (set of 3)

Nothing like jumping in with both feet!

Oh! I heard the greatest line from my DH the other day when we were discussing retirement funds. "You don't spend much - and if you do - don't tell me." Gotta love him even more! And this is with a package showing up at the door nearly every day this week - including perfume!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #109  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Dang enablers!

Papertrey Ink - Delightful Dahlia Die Collection (set of 4)
Delightful Dahlia Stamp Set
Beautiful Blooms II Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink - Beautiful Blooms II #2 Die Collection (set of 3)

Nothing like jumping in with both feet!

Oh! I heard the greatest line from my DH the other day when we were discussing retirement funds. "You don't spend much - and if you do - don't tell me." Gotta love him even more! And this is with a package showing up at the door nearly every day this week - including perfume!
Ohhhh . . . you will LOVE those sets. (Don't ask me how I know! LOL) You're DH is a keeper! I'm "fortunate" that mine is a relatively recent amputee and isn't able to get the mail or packages left by UPS so is unaware when something arrives. However, next week we start the whole prosthetic process so he'll notice more! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #110  
Die Cut Diva

So I sent an email today asking if it had shipped .... get home and THERE IT IS! Emailed a "Never mind. Thank you!"

Now to play ....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:10 AM   #111  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 370 Likes on 272 Posts

Have you guys been checking out the sneak peaks for April? I'm so loving the new chairs one called Chair-ished...and they'll have dies to match a chair and couch from the earlier set. They're just so cute! And the argyle backgrounds are darling, too....I was going to order last moth but now am glad I waited..I don't think I'll be able to resist..Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:30 AM   #112  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am SO loving the Papertrey Ink releases for this month so far . . . of course, I always do! I'm a PTI Junkie . . . Hello, my name is Kim and I'm a PTI Junkie. Care to join me? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:40 AM   #113  
Rubber Obsessor

peeps321-thanks for pointing out the new sets & matching couch/chair die!
The couch and chair set is one of my all time favorites!

I have the butterfly set & matching die, it's beautiful!

lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:43 AM   #114  
Die Cut Diva

I have a question about Papertrey - not a complaint, just a question. I bet someone on this thread can answer it, so here goes...

I placed an order on the 6th. I checked my status yesterday and it was still blank. I delved further and found that the status wouldn't be updated until my order shipped.

So, #1 why does it even have a status line if it will never be updated and #2 does this mean that I placed my order 7 days ago and it still hasn't shipped? It seems indicated. If so, does it usually take this long for in-stock items to ship? The funds were w/drawn from my acct. on the 7th.

Or does it mean that they just ship and it gets here when it gets here?

I've ordered from them a time or two before, but it's been long enough that I don't recall the specifics. Would you help me know what to expect?

And, oh yeah, I emailed customer service but received an auto-generated email back pretty much telling me that if it's a shipping question such as mine they would not reply to it. So that's why I'm asking here.

I'm sure that I'll be delighted when my order arrives, just eager for that moment.

TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never received a shipping notice. Until recently, I could pretty much count on my PTI orders coming within 3 - 5 days. However, PTI is reporting a huge uptake in sales and shipping is much slower.

As to the notification issue, can't help you. I know some packages go by UPS and others by USPS. Mine are always smaller orders and go by USPS and I don't get tracking or shipping info. Just a box shows up!

I've found that PTI does not charge my credit card until it ships, so that is one way I check. I go online and check to see if my CC has been charged. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:52 AM   #116  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I've never received a shipping notice. Until recently, I could pretty much count on my PTI orders coming within 3 - 5 days. However, PTI is reporting a huge uptake in sales and shipping is much slower.

As to the notification issue, can't help you. I know some packages go by UPS and others by USPS. Mine are always smaller orders and go by USPS and I don't get tracking or shipping info. Just a box shows up!

I've found that PTI does not charge my credit card until it ships, so that is one way I check. I go online and check to see if my CC has been charged. HTH
Yup, that helps. They're busy so things are slow; be patient b/c it's coming is what I'm hearing. Okay, I'll put on my patient cap now. :cool: Knowing that your experience says that it's probably on it's way is good enough. THX.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:06 AM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

oh yeah, it is on its way. and opening the box is sooo much fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #118  
Die Cut Diva

I thought it only fair to come back and say that my goodies arrived. They look great.

I'm trying to put together a color sample for PTI papers (and SU and Gina K for comparison's sake). Am I right in thinking that PTI has a total of 25 colors (including white, black, vanilla).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #119  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
I thought it only fair to come back and say that my goodies arrived. They look great.

I'm trying to put together a color sample for PTI papers (and SU and Gina K for comparison's sake). Am I right in thinking that PTI has a total of 25 colors (including white, black, vanilla).
I think they had 25 at the end of 2009 but a few more now, but I am not sure!!! Hawaiian Shores for one.

FYI, new release come out at midnight tomorrow. My list is growing! I am so excited about the new stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #120  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post

If you go to "Stamping Talk" in the PTI forum, there is a "file sharing" section--they have many different inventories to download.

My count is 30, if you count white/cream/rustic white/rustic cream/black.
Reply With Quote Likes