Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I love Papertrey! Do you?

I've been subscribed to a thread on here called Papertrey rant - out of pure curiosity, as I fell in love with this company a few months ago. It's time that I unsubscribe. At first I was disheartened to see that it was a rant, but happy that people were posting what they liked about the company.

I'm wishing that this thread will only talk about the positive aspects - such as the fantastic designer blogs, the new dies, new ribbons, new colors, new stamp sets, etc! Everything wonderful and great! Have you made a cute project using their materials? Please post here!

Thanks for keeping SCS my favorite stamping site!

"Life is full of gifts. Look for them."

I've made it to 50 cards!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I DO!

Thank goodness for you Melissa! I was tired of hearing complaints about them!

My newest favorite from PTI is the tin types backgrounds! I feel like I am using them as much as I do polka dot basics (and that's alot!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

I love PTI. Pretty much the only stamps I use these days. (Anyone want a bunch of unloved SU stamps?) Every month I am blown away with all their new stuff. I am getting ready to place an order. I just got a $100 gift card for taking part in some "healthy lifestyle" stuff with Dh's work and it is all going to PTI. Trying to figure out what to get is the hard part.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Now this is a great big breath of fresh air!! Ahhhh!! Thank you for starting this thread.

The newest release has my mouth watering. I just love the new color, it should be in my hands sometime tomorrow. Can't wait!! I had a huge order this month. But the stamp sets that I can't wait for are Butterfly Dreams with the matching die and the Dahlia set. Once it gets here I am going to lock myself in my craft room for days!! Well, not really days. Maybe an hour or two. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I love their paper!!! It is sooooooo thick and luxurious - well, I'm sure you all know already. I only have Flourishes, Through the Trees, and the Leaves one, oh and the St Patrick's Day one, so I probably have fewer PTI stamps than most here, but I love them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I love the PTI cardstock, in fact I just received my order this morning of all of the colors in the 50 sheet pack, I don't think the people at the post office liked me very much because of the weight of the box. I also lucked out and didn't have to pay much in customs fees either, I live in Canada. I only have about 5 stamp sets but I will be getting more at some point and time, and I love that the ribbon matches perfectly with the CS. I know that there other Canadians that don't like ordering from PTI because of the cost of shipping to Canada, but I don't mind too much, I think that the CS is worth the extra and when I broke the cost down between PTI and SU, PTI is about $0.02 less per sheet than SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

So since you all are PTI experts, can you help a girl out? Tell me what you like about the paper! I was told that PTI white is great to use for coloring with copics, which I just recently bought a few....so tell me, do you use the PTI white to color your copics on?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Oh, oh what a good time to start this thread. I've just placed an order this morning to spend the remains of my Christmas money. Paper, button, ink & of course STAMPS, Stamps, stamps & yes more stamps.
Love me some PTI!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

I had subscribed to the rant only because I had placed my first order and 5 days later I still hadn't received a shipping notice, well low and behold my package was waiting on my doorstep when I came home from work that day.

Now that I have PTI stamps I LOVE THEMMM, they make such a nice clean image and the stamp images are so pretty. I havent tried anything other then the stamps but I can't wait to try it all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also love Papertrey Ink! I cannot say enough about how much I love their cardstock and the style of their stamps. There is something about them that just "suits" me, if you know what I mean. The ladies on the design team are SO talented and creative. When I see their creations, I just want it all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

I love,love, love their fabulous cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm a PTI lover too! I'm in Canada but I live fairly close to the border so I've been using a PO to avoid those shipping costs. I love the detail on the stamps - the tiniest words come out so crisp and clean. The papers and colour matching are fab - I'm pretty much going to buy PTI from now on as far as inks, ribbon etc are concerned. And the DT blogs are great for inspiration - genius marketing! I've never had a problem with CS either - they seem to really listen to their customers. Great company!

nina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspivView Post
So since you all are PTI experts, can you help a girl out? Tell me what you like about the paper! I was told that PTI white is great to use for coloring with copics, which I just recently bought a few....so tell me, do you use the PTI white to color your copics on?
I don't have Copics, but I've read on here (at SCS) that Gina K's luxury paper might be better for Copics 'cause it's smoother and glossier... PaperTrey's paper is not glossy (it's matte) so it soaks up more ink? Again, I don't have Copics; it's just the impression I got from reading stuff here.

ETA: I love PTI paper 'cause it's HEAVY and thick. I also like how it feels - how the surface of it feels I guess.

Last edited by SophieLaFontaine; 03-22-2010 at 12:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

Hello yes I use thier white card stock for everything It works wonderfully with copics. I haven't found anything better. I am a diehard PTI fan!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I just discovered PTI! Love the cardstock... I bought the white to try with my Copics and used up all 40 sheets in one month. Just reordered! LOVE it. It blends better for me than anything else I have tried...(have not tried Gina K yet). I just ordered the new Hawaiian Shores cardstock and ribbon. Can't wait to get it in my hot little hands.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I find Copics bleed a lot more on PTI white than other papers. My favorite for Copics was Prism ultra smooth, but it's hard to find, so I use Gina K. That paper is a dream...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

I guess I'll have to try the Gina K paper and see!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

I got my order of all the new PTI stuff love the Hawaian paper can't stop playing with it also really liking woderfully whimsical and springtime doodles stamp sets and the dies to cut the flowers...WOW!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

I *love* PTI paper for coloring with Copics.. I don't have bleeding problems at all!

and in response to this thread, I LOVE PTI. I wish I could afford to buy stuff every month but I'm just not in that position right now.. I look forward to their releases every month like no other company!!

One day when my husband has a regular job (he's a substitute teacher and isn't working much..) and I have some of my income to spare I will put away a little every month for PTI because that's how much I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Great idea for a thread, glad to be in a place that keeps it positive since that is what a hobby should be about. I too am a big PTI fan. As the mother of 2 girls and stepmother of 2 girls, I find myself pulling for these women. They are like the "little engine who could." Superior products, great designs, wonderful and inspirational and prolific design team, thumbs up for their customer service and I think simply incredible response to customer needs. All of that while being courageous enough to expand in this economy. As I've mentioned before, I don't know these gals but I know quality. This is the real deal.
As for paper and Copics, my sense is that as you get more proficient with your coloring, you tend to make subtle modifications to your technique to adapt to the paper you are using. I use mostly PTI, but then some Neenah Classic, Utrech Bristol, Borden & Riley's Ledger and sometimes their Bleedproof for Pens. I think it becomes a matter of personal preference and as Marianne Walker of Copic has advised you really do need to give various papers a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

I'm so glad I found this thread (actually I came here from the PTI forum). I just love sharing with other fans - I've loved "clear" stamps for ages and was over the moon when I found PTI. My family and friends get a little tired of hearing me go on and on singing their praises, but I will not rest until they too become die hard fans - or at least get the hint that all future birthday and Christmas presents really do need to be purchased from PTI. I have not bought a single product from them that I am not totally in love with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #22  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm a pretty big fan of PTI, too! I first was attracted by their ribbon (and it is still one of my favorite products of theirs) but when I tried their paper, I was hooked. I had struggled with flimsy card stock long enough and love the weight of PTI.

I have no issues using their white with my Copics but I haven't tried some of the others (GinaK, Neenah, etc.) so I really can only compare it to using Bazzil, SU and a few others. I find no problems with bleed or being over absorbant.

The new dies are wonderful. Excellent quality and I love that they are planning more that match their most popular stamps. This is an entirely new product line for them and, being small, they were uncertain how successful they would be. Well, now they know and I am willing to bet that shortages will be minimal down the road.

Their new felt line is another product I am in love with. It is 100% wool and has a wonderful weight and finish to it. I have some 100% and 80/20% felt from another source and not only is PTI prices very competitive, it is a much better product. NO FUZZY CUTS! That was very important to me and it lived up to their hype.

I only hear good things about their customer service but I haven't had a reason to use it, yet. Their forum is friendly, fun and the DT's personally answer questions, give tips and chat with everyone.

Finally, I love their style. I get so many ideas and projects to CASE and Nichole is so talented, I swear she could use the ugliest stamp out there and come up with a fantastic card. She really is gifted.

Glad to see this thread... I am not on here often but enjoy popping in and checking out the gallery and finding such a wealth of talent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<---another big fan of PTI. I converted from SU! to PTI and have never looked back. I LOVE the 15th of each month when they do their releases. I've ordered just a few times, but each time has been fast and my items have arrived perfectly. Not a negative thing to say about them. I'll keep giving them my money!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #24  
Mad Swapper

I love their products!! There stamps are great. There paper is wonderful. The ribbon is beyond compare and I love that if you spend a certain amount the shipping is free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Count me in, I love PTI too! I love their paper, ribbons, stamps, buttons, and I'm looking forwad to trying out the felt and dies; They have the BEST design team ever, so many styles offering tons of ideas for each new release; if money wasn't an object, I'd be buying even more than I do now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

I LOVE PTI stuff too! Unfortunately, postage to get it here to us in Australia is VERY expensive! I only have 2 sets in my collection and because of the postage, I dare say I won't ever own any more which is a shame!

Nichole is a super talented lady though...........I love her stuff and she has some awesome DT girls as well! I wish her much continued success!!

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #27  
Crimping Master

OH, GF you don't know what your missing! PTI paper it the best! The white cardtock is the best for copics for the main reason it helps control the bleeding of the markers and blends nicely. I find the SU whisper white does not blend well and bleeds. You've gotta get some!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #28  
Crimping Master

Ditto to that! I was huge into SU, but they have changed too much for me and have also become way to espensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ineedthatView Post
<---another big fan of PTI. I converted from SU! to PTI and have never looked back. I LOVE the 15th of each month when they do their releases. I've ordered just a few times, but each time has been fast and my items have arrived perfectly. Not a negative thing to say about them. I'll keep giving them my money!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #29  
Mad Swapper

Melissa...
Bless you. You are good. Wish I had the brains �ܺ to start a 'Hurray' thread when I went on my rant about the 'other' thread.
Yes, I LOVE PTI....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #30  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

big PTI fan! There are a few things I don't like, but that's every company, right? I'm about to get my first customer service experience since there was a mix up with my order. I think it will be fine.

I love, love, love the buttons, ribbon, and cardstock!!! the stamps, too, of course. I'm waiting for them to get a few more colors and then I a buying some felt!!! And i'm sooooo looking forward to ther new website! One of the things that i don't like is the forum gallery and I think the new site will fix that!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in as a PTI lover as well. I'm still waiting on my order to arrive. I'm in Northern California and ordered on release night and it should be here Wednesday. . .the waiting to play with new toys is killing me!!!!!!!!

I love it all though--the stamps, paper, buttons, ribbons, colors. . .sigh!

Check out my blog

Here's my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #32  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

btw, got a box from them today and I cannot wait for my kids to go to sleep so I can drool over it all!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another PTI fan here! I love it all...stamps, buttons, inks, paper, dies, ribbon... LOVE the matching colors! It is so fun to work with all the matching products! I think that Nichole KNOWS what she is doing! When she designs stamps (or products for that matter) she has a reason, a purpose and is so smart about it! I love how many of the stamp sets work together and are interchangeable. I love the design team blogs too! WOW!! They are all very inspiring!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #34  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also love PTI. I have decided that I will buy only their white cardstock. It is so nice and heavy. Also, I love the style of their stamps tho I don't own too many. I am thinking of the set "Through the Trees". Anyone have that and love it. I also liked the flower sets they had this month. Everything I have ordered from them has arrived in a timely manner and in good shape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaMView Post
I find Copics bleed a lot more on PTI white than other papers. My favorite for Copics was Prism ultra smooth, but it's hard to find, so I use Gina K. That paper is a dream...
Just a small hijack...Katarina, if you'll ask your LSS to order Simply Smooth White or Cream from Bazzil, you'll get your Prism.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks ladies, as usual you're the best!

Paula, so good to see you here! I'm still a SU! fan, but find I'm buying less and less of their stamps, and more of their accessories. For instance, I still use their inks exclusively.

My PTI order is to arrive on Friday - eeek! to my school address and we're about to go on spring break! Anyone know of a way I can get UPS to deliver to my house if they don't make it by Friday??? I'd hate to have all my new toys sitting for a week without me to play!

"Life is full of gifts. Look for them."

I've made it to 50 cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

Another two thumbs up for Papertrey, and to Melissa for starting this thread. I too am getting tired of all the comments about what is wrong, instead of hearing about what is right.

I love all the colors of their cardstock. The white is perfect for coloring with Copics. Their ribbon is the best, especially the satin. It is so luxurious and ties like a dream. Love their stamps. Currently own 44 of their sets, and I am waiting with breathless anticipation for the four sets I ordered from March's release.

I think that PTI's biggest asset has to be the design team. From the 10th to the 15th of every month, I am glued to my computer checking out all the fantastic things these ladies do with stamps, ink, and paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

Let's see... I love the way they have everything wrapped and packaged so nicely, how quickly I get my orders, the fun ideas on Nicole's blog, the different styles of the stamps, great communication on when things are back in stock, the fact it is a small business run by women, and the beautiful colors of all things ink and paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2010, 05:18 AM   #40  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What's NOT to love about PTI? Yes, I'm an addict and happy to admit it!
Reply With Quote Likes