Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #41  
Polar Bear Patrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMJ
This is a great company...I have ordered from them on numerous occasions with no problems...it bothers me to see this post...this problem needs to be resolved btween the customer and the company..This is flaming..
PLEASE!!!! FLAME AWAY!!! I for one would rather hear about this dishonest company than get ripped off and I am sure I am not the only one!

Last edited by brandon & Alex's mom; 03-22-2006 at 03:01 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Polar Bear Patrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMJ
This is a great company...I have ordered from them on numerous occasions with no problems...it bothers me to see this post...this problem needs to be resolved btween the customer and the company..This is flaming..
1st post on SCS??? Must be an employee of said company.:rolleyes:
Polar Bear Patrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinwilde
As the co-owner of Wilde-ideas, I felt it important to respond to this highly biased, if not libelous, commentary from "Jane in Norway" by offering the side of the story she is not revealing. It has been mentioned that this dispute over a shipment could have been handled better between the customer and our company. After receiving her first telephone call and subsequent email, we restaged her entire order and verified that the shipping weight matched the receipt/weight from the post office. This means the complete order left our operation. I personally take all international shipments to the post office and distinctly remember the "rattle" of her package, and the counter clerk at the Post Office also mentioned the "rattle". The order included the PBS 500 Personal Rollabind Punch, two packs of Rollabind Discs, and a FREE VSN magazine. This package made a considerable amount of noise. The reason this order "stands out" is originally the customer requested it to ship in a large global priority envelope. Because the punch was too long, we had to convert the shipment to a corrugated box and pre-stage the order to get the correct shipping weight and cost and wait for her to reply to our email authorizing it to be shipped in a box at additoinal cost. She agreed. After researching this complaint, we determined that the order had shipped correctly and the shortage of items was due to theft in-transit. As clearly stated on our website in three (3) separate areas, including our checkout page, "All items purchased and shipped from Wilde-Ideas� are fulfilled in accordance with a Shipment Contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you, the customer, upon our delivery to the carrier (any third-party carrier contracted for such services such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, Federal Express, Airborne, DHL, etc.) and Wilde-Ideas� is held harmless against all Loss/Damage Claims involving all third-party carriers and will not provide remedy for any claims for lost, damaged or stolen merchandise during transit on any uninsured shipments. Since the customer declined (optional & recommended) USPS Loss/Damage insurance, she knowingly accepted the risk of loss. We carefully reseach all transactions to insure that any alleged problem are not our fault before we issue a response. Had it been proven that the package weight was incorrect and we had not shipped the correct merchandise, we would have replaced the missing items immediately and without question and shipped them, of course, at our expense. This, however, was not the case. This customer has admitted she elected **NOT** to insure her shipment, stating "I've never had a problem before". She knowingly gambled by not specifying USPS Loss/Damage Insurance as provided during checkout (a cost of $2.30 for her shipment), and unfortunately, in this instance she lost.
sounds like a scam to me. Thanks for posting your "RULES AND REGULATIONS". I will not be ordering from your company anytime soon!
Die Cut Diva

How exactly does insurance (If it was purchased) cover a sealed intact appearing package weighing the exact amount shipped by the vendor. I have filed an insurance claim for damaged goods and been able to present Pieces of the item and I have seen successful claims of lost packages which were never received , but how do you claim a package is"stuffed with paper and not product?" and then the international communication barrier/expense adds a different wrinkle.

good luck to all parties..

betsy
Compulsive Stamper

After reading all this ,I don't think I would order from them either.
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

As the co-owner of Wilde-ideas, I felt it important to respond to this highly biased, if not libelous, commentary from "Jane in Norway" by offering the side of the story she is not revealing. It has been mentioned that this dispute over a shipment could have been handled better between the customer and our company. After receiving her first telephone call and subsequent email, we restaged her entire order and verified that the shipping weight matched the receipt/weight from the post office. This means the complete order left our operation. I personally take all international shipments to the post office and distinctly remember the "rattle" of her package, and the counter clerk at the Post Office also mentioned the "rattle". The order included the PBS 500 Personal Rollabind Punch, two packs of Rollabind Discs, and a FREE VSN magazine. This package made a considerable amount of noise. The reason this order "stands out" is originally the customer requested it to ship in a large global priority envelope. Because the punch was too long, we had to convert the shipment to a corrugated box and pre-stage the order to get the correct shipping weight and cost and wait for her to reply to our email authorizing it to be shipped in a box at additoinal cost. She agreed. After researching this complaint, we determined that the order had shipped correctly and the shortage of items was due to theft in-transit. As clearly stated on our website in three (3) separate areas, including our checkout page, "All items purchased and shipped from Wilde-Ideas� are fulfilled in accordance with a Shipment Contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you, the customer, upon our delivery to the carrier (any third-party carrier contracted for such services such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, Federal Express, Airborne, DHL, etc.) and Wilde-Ideas� is held harmless against all Loss/Damage Claims involving all third-party carriers and will not provide remedy for any claims for lost, damaged or stolen merchandise during transit on any uninsured shipments. Since the customer declined (optional & recommended) USPS Loss/Damage insurance, she knowingly accepted the risk of loss. We carefully reseach all transactions to insure that any alleged problem are not our fault before we issue a response. Had it been proven that the package weight was incorrect and we had not shipped the correct merchandise, we would have replaced the missing items immediately and without question and shipped them, of course, at our expense. This, however, was not the case. This customer has admitted she elected **NOT** to insure her shipment, stating "I've never had a problem before". She knowingly gambled by not specifying USPS Loss/Damage Insurance as provided during checkout (a cost of $2.30 for her shipment), and unfortunately, in this instance she lost.
As an internet business owner, I am appalled by this response. And not only is their reponse pathetic, I find it very questionable that a box, the punch (which weighs 1lb according to Rollabind), 2 boxes of discs (which depending on the size vary in weight), a magazine and stuffing paper only weighed in at 2lbs.

I don't care how many good experiences people have had, a bad experience, and a pathetic response like above are more likely to be remembered by a potential future customer. I for one would never order from them just because of their "policy" never mind their poor customer service.
-:�:- ((��.��*
Forum Fanatic

I hope your migraine has receded to a manageable level, lesliespringer. :( I don't think I fully understand the email exchange you posted. I take it you sent Wilde Ideas an email asking them wth is up with how they are handling Jane's problems? And they responded by sending you an email someone sympathetic to Wilde Ideas' position, and their response to that sympathetic person? And I really, *really* don't understand the comment about Japan being an "honest country." Pardon me, but *** is *that* all about? Has the email author ever *been* to Norway?? I've been, from Bergen, to Trondheim, to Oslo, to the Arctic Circle, and nothing I saw struck me as a whole about the country being "dishonest." I'm pretty chapped!
Desmond's Darlin'

How exactly does a box filled w/ crinkled paper "rattle"/?????????

Jane...US companies are not all like this!!!! When they emailed you to say they had to put iy in a box they asked you to pay more???? If they offered Global Expess envie, they should have shipped it that way...I am an Ebay seller and if I calculate shipping wrong that is My fault, not the consumer!!!!

Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dekamay
After reading all this ,I don't think I would order from them either.

Me Either!!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I know NOTHING about this particular issue.

I have had Excellent service from Wilde-Ideas in the past. I would highly recommend them. I find this issue surprising because it does not sound ANYTHING like my experiences with them.

I hope this gets worked out.

my blog
Insane Embellisher

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow - I've worked in retail and customer service in one way or another for almost 20 years. I have always known that there are 2 sides to every situation. After reading the OP I was still giving the company the benfit of the doubt, however after reading the company's response I know I would NEVER order from them - And seriously - if the box was rattling and you were sending it over seas - shouldn't you have repackaged it to begin with?
Forum Fanatic

The whole situation doesn't not sound right. I have personally never ordered anything from the company myself, but it's certainly not a selling point for me. I hope all works out! Sending you some good Karma!
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

I didn't read all the responses, so forgive me if this has been mentioned already... If they sent it thru the mail, contact your postmaster regarding a claim of mail fraud as well.
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

I've spoken with management at wilde-ideas and have been following this thread closely.

I would ask that everyone please consider their words carefully when participating in this thread. if you aren't familiar with the splitcoast terms of service, you can find them here:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I considered locking or deleting this thread, but have so far refrained. posting information of this type in a public forum has the potential to do damage; accusations cannot be proved or disproved and motives cannot be known.

I've chosen thus far to leave the thread open because in describing her experience the original poster was not accusatory, disrespectful or disparaging. she merely recounted her experience and asked for advice. please follow her example with any further discussion.

Needs a sig
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperRapt
"Too bad, so sad" is definitely not an appropriate customer service policy.
This says it all. I couldn't agree more. That definately wouldn't cut it in my line of work.
Desmond's Darlin'

You are right Daven, Jane is simply trying to get help understanding US consumer laws and maybe find out if she is over reacting...I'm sure it was frustrating to wait 6 weeks for something and then have it ALL be gone....

Jane, hope you can get this resolved.

Glitter Guru

hmmm was there an invoice in the boc along with the magazines because if there was it should say on that what the contents of the box would be.then you'll know for sure.or was that not even in there,if not I would call the company back and tell them there was no invoice and you want to know why.or ask them for a copy of 1.or youe money back.
Matboard Maniac

I'll never order from that company now that I know their fabulous customer service policy. "Too bad, so sad." doesn't cut it for this consumer. And companies need to remember to take the time to carefully explain any and all policies to every customer especially those not originating within the country of sale. It's a poor company that blames the consumer......!
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Quote:

Wow. Your response really bothers me, particularly the bolded part. I've ordered from you before, but guess what? You just lost a customer.

C'est moi, c'est tout.
cre8nart

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadine529
Wow. Your response really bothers me, particularly the bolded part. I've ordered from you before, but guess what? You just lost a customer.
Ditto!

Stampin' Fool

Quote:

..... and unfortunately, in this instance she lost.
With this attitude I don't think she is the only one who has lost!

Visit My Blog : Granite State Stamper
Kookie Creator

They won't be getting my business - I really hope they change thier minds and correct this issue. I'm sure they will start seeing the effects of bad customer service.

smile
Lori
Compulsive Stamper

Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio ~ moving to Wisconsin in August!

I remember training for a job at S*m's Club MANY years ago. We were told a story that Mr. Walton said to always find a way to make a customer happy. That one unhappy customer would cost too much and wasn't worth the price. When a customer tried to return an item from a major retail store (that CLEARLY had the store's price sticker still on it) Sam said to refund the customer's money, get in the car, drive to the retailer and we'll return it ourselves.

Now did that really happen? I don't know. But that's the kind of customer service that gets noticed and keeps customers coming back. THIS company's attitude may not be keeping prior customers coming or encourage new customers (like myself!) from even looking into the matter. That's THEIR gamble.

Seriously, sending a replacement or refunding the money would have been a better business decision than the "too bad, too sad" attitude. What a shame.
Polyshrink Goddess

... and unfortunately in this instance you have lost a potential customer!

[and unfortunately, in this instance she lost.[/QUOTE]
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by llasanford
They won't be getting my business - I really hope they change thier minds and correct this issue. I'm sure they will start seeing the effects of bad customer service.

smile
Lori

Ditto I will be removing myself from their email list. There are way to many companies out there too willing to offer HIGH quality customer service to consider this one!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmommy3
Ditto I will be removing myself from their email list. There are way to many companies out there too willing to offer HIGH quality customer service to consider this one!
I agree, I am coming off their email list too and I will not consider their goods again. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I read their response.
I do not want to do business with a company that is seemingly so uncaring. :mad:

Glitter Queen

Default Idea!

I think after this most of us won't be buying from a certain company. Lets turn it around and talk about our positive buying experiences from other companies. I have really enjoyed www.ScrapbookPal.com they have always been real nice in answering my questions, they actually just added a live help (IM) to their site. I about always get my orders in 2 days. I hope this helps someone that is trying to fill the void of not ordering from a certain company and hopefully others will have great alternatives to a certain company. Please also keeps us informed if the certain company every resolves this with you.

Last edited by debbieluker; 03-24-2006 at 12:37 PM..
Hardware Hotshot

This entire thread certainly illistrates an important customer service lesson I learned many years ago in the business....

make a customer happy and they'll tell a friend...make a customer unhappy and they'll tell 10 friends

the moral being that in generally it pays to do what is necessary to make a customer happy.

In this case, even if the error was in shipping AND the website shifted the shipping "risk" to the customer AND the customer refused the recommended insurance..what is is costing this company in potential lost revenue by not attempting to help this woman? It appears the costs may be much larger than if they had rectified the situtation immediately.
Insane Embellisher

customer service goes along way even in cyberspace!
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbieluker
I have really enjoyed www.ScrapbookPal.com
Oh Yayyy!! Thanks for that link. I found some stuff I had been looking for. I will bookmark this site for sure!
Matboard Maniac

I wonder how the other owner of this company feels. The poster states she's a co-owner. I would be so upset by her response if I was her partner! Maybe her partner would like to comment and save this company from the damage she did. SCS is a great resource for stampers and scrapbookers and has thousands of members who read these recommendations and situations. What would have cost just a few bucks to remedy will cost thousands over time. That's a shame.

Gina
Mad Swapper

I ordered some Primas from ebbcreations on Wed and got them today! How's that for customer service. Give them a look.

"Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think." Buddha
Insane Embellisher

Yes their reply was totally non satisfactory! The weight of the box?? Give me a break. Give the girl what she ordered and deserves. I for one will never order from them after their response to this site.
Stazon Splitcoast

I found it interesting that the co-owner mentioned she remembered the box and the contents, of which she said there was a free VSN magazine. Didn't the OP state there were two magazines? That would make me question whether or not she really remembered or was just trying to cover herself.

This sort of thing is so unfortunate. I would be willing to bet that the company now wishes they had just refunded the OP of re-sent the items.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My dad owned a dry cleaners. You can just imagine the potential for unhappy customers. Missing clothes my dad swore never existed. ETC. However, he always gave the customer what he or she wanted.

On the other hand, we never had a lot of money!! LOL
Hardware Hotshot

This is definitely a shame there are lots of good companies out there. For crafting supplies I like joann.com lots of times theyhave offers for free shipping or if you sign up for their mailing list you can get dicount codes. Also, for gifts I love redenvelope.com. Both of these companies offer excellent products and reliable service.

Jane, I hope you get some kind of reasonable outcome from this whole situation.

http://whathappenedtohappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/
The Digi-Freak

I hope wilde ideas is happy with the response they got. I will add myself to the "not gonna touch them with a 10 foot pole" list!

And I like to spend money online, so their loss! ;)

Pearl-ExPert

just read this and thought I would add my two cents about a good company. I love www.luv2scrapbook.com Their customer service has been great.
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julesiana
I know NOTHING about this particular issue.

I have had Excellent service from Wilde-Ideas in the past. I would highly recommend them. I find this issue surprising because it does not sound ANYTHING like my experiences with them.

I hope this gets worked out.
I don't doubt this....however, after hearing the response from the co-owner, and that more than several people have also had bad experiences from them, I would be very leary of dealing with them. I worked customer service for 12 years, and the customer is always right.
And it is in their best interest to make her happy, because now look what has come of it- a huge list of internet shopping stampers (and we know just how much money they like to spend!!!!) who converse on many many many boards are all feeling she was slighted also.

Good luck to you in having this resolved, and kudos for NOT being defamatory or flaming in your OP.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Polyshrink Goddess

If you find that the company is not willing to satisfy things to your liking, did you notice on their website at the very bottom the logo showing that they are a member of the BBB & you can file a complaint?