Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2008, 03:54 AM   #41  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't mean to get off subject, I'm new here and was wondering how do you favorite something and how do you know if someone made your creation a favorite?

I love receiving comments, but of course only have 4 cards in my gallery at the moment and they are not even my design. They are from a stamp-a-stack I went to for Christmas. I try to leave comments too, but sometimes I'm just in a big rush and want a quick stamping fix to get me through my work day so I view about 10 pages of the days uploads and off to work.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 06:43 AM   #42  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioMaryView Post
Don't mean to get off subject, I'm new here and was wondering how do you favorite something and how do you know if someone made your creation a favorite?

I love receiving comments, but of course only have 4 cards in my gallery at the moment and they are not even my design. They are from a stamp-a-stack I went to for Christmas. I try to leave comments too, but sometimes I'm just in a big rush and want a quick stamping fix to get me through my work day so I view about 10 pages of the days uploads and off to work.
When you click on a thumbnail, to view the enlargement and recipe info of an image, the number of times your design has been added to someone's favorites is indicated directly beneath the date and # of views.

Directly beneath that is a section called "Additional Info". There are a series of option buttons that are in the very last row of that section, depending on if the artist filled out any of the field boxes (stamps, inks, paper, etc.). Included in that series of options is an "add to favorites" button.

HTH,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 07:48 AM   #43  
Gabfest Goddess

No, I don't care anymore either. I used to upload something and keep checking back for the next few days to see if anyone posted. Doesn't happen now!! I will upload something and get ZERO comments but the same project on my blog gets a lot of response.

For me personally, I like to blog hop and leave comments there. I am one that will most likely not leave a blog unless I comment. It's a different world that it was even a year ago. There are so many great places to get inspiration.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 08:00 AM   #44  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
When you click on a thumbnail, to view the enlargement and recipe info of an image, the number of times your design has been added to someone's favorites is indicated directly beneath the date and # of views.

Directly beneath that is a section called "Additional Info". There are a series of option buttons that are in the very last row of that section, depending on if the artist filled out any of the field boxes (stamps, inks, paper, etc.). Included in that series of options is an "add to favorites" button.

HTH,
Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 08:33 AM   #45  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioMaryView Post
Thanks for the help.

You are welcome, and welcome to SCS!

If you need any help, just ask! Someone around here usually knows the answer, or can send you in the right direction, etc.! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 09:14 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a fairly new gallery, less than a month old, and it blows my mind how many people have looked at some of my stuff and left no comments. I have 7 out of 13 cards that have zero comments, but have been viewed from 75-125 times! I have one picture of some nugget purses that has been looked at 472 times and has only 3 comments!!!! It just makes me shake my head in wonder! I know my stuff is really simple and needed to be for the project I was working on, but come on, people. At least let me know it doesn't suck sewer water through a straw! Thanks for letting me spout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 10:52 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

I cant be bothered to worry about comments. Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it. I dont have many cards in my gallery but have some nice comments. I try to let people know when I love something that they have done because they deserve it.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #48  
Gabfest Goddess

IF I favorite a card, I definitly try to post a comment. i tend to post short comments, just so the person knows i liked their card.
I do wonder when i see that 100 people have viewed my card but not one of them leave a comment, WHY NOT?
I also sometimes just leave comments on cards that are at 0 cause I know that will make someone's day a little brighter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 11:19 AM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

I love the validation of a discerning eye. This is one of the only places I feel I can show and tell what I've been working on and get some feedback. I get some oohs and aahs when I give my cards to my family in person and when I bring a couple to show and tell at my weekly card making group meeting. But to get some comments from the other members of SCS means a lot to me. I love getting comments and I love making comments. If someone leaves me a comment on a card, I will in turn leave one or two in that persons gallery as a thank you. I have seen some really great galleries as a result of this. It has really expanded my horizons. Sorry, I guess that makes me sound a little immature now that I read over what I typed but it is how I feel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #50  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 494 Likes on 273 Posts

You know, one thoughtful stamper went to my gallery on my birthday, and left a comment on each and every one of my cards. How nice was that? It took me a while to realise it was a birthday-present kind of thing, but Wow! it made me feel good. That said, I like to comment on people's work. Yeah, sometimes I wonder when I see a bunch of views, but no comments, but whatever! I know how I feel each project went, and if I'm proud enough of it to post it, that's good enough for me. It's nice to be recognised, but I know when something I've done is good. So, I guess the strokes are always nice when/if they happen, but self-satisfaction is pretty affirming, too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 11:38 AM   #51  
Kookie Creator

What bugs me is when people will make your card a fav. but don't leave any comments. Kind of rude if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 11:49 AM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by spalma324View Post
What bugs me is when people will make your card a fav. but don't leave any comments. Kind of rude if you ask me.
I honestly don't understand why this would be considered rude. The comment drama at SCS is absolutely ridiculous, IMO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 11:50 AM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I feel the opposite - I think favoriting it is a very sincere form of flattery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #54  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by plkelleyView Post
I honestly don't understand why this would be considered rude. The comment drama at SCS is absolutely ridiculous, IMO.
LOL!!! ITA!!! High five to you girl!

I craft for myself because it's enjoyable & relaxing. I am not trying to get published for anything. To improve my skills I take classes at my LSS. This is my hobby & it's fun - it's not a soap opera.

:-) Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 12:23 PM   #55  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I wanted to let you know that I sometimes favorite w/o commenting on people's work and thought I'd let you know my rationale in the event it helps. I actually see favoriting as being bigger then commenting...b/c in my mind, that is saying that someone wants to go back and look at it for inspiration, ideas or something of that nature. I think it's very nice when people leave comments too. Most of the time I try to leave comments, but sometimes, I'm buzzing thru the daily entries w/ only a short amount of time b/c of work, family, laundry, etc. Without a doubt, on those days, I'm sure I miss good cards too, and try to go back, but the gallery is getting so big, there are days I don't. For example, on Mondays and Wednesdays, i work 12-16 hour days. BUT....being an addict , I still oftentimes come home and like to peruse SCS. I'm less likely to have time to comment on those days. I think life is unfortunately life sometimes. I suspect its' that way for many people w/o any rude intent meant. I certainly know that would never be my intent.

HAVE A GREAT DAY! (And yes... I'm sneaking a peek at this site during my lunch hour ...tee hee)
Cori

Last edited by corinnesmith; 03-31-2008 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: mispelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

The first few times I posted a card I was constantly checking to see if anyone had commented on them. Then I got over it and now I haven't even uploaded a card in over a year, I believe. I usually take a picture, but that's as far as I go. I feel validated by the response of the person I'm giving the card to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think it's hard to keep up on "looking" at the cards...........I rarely have time to leave a comment. I may LOVE your card and just don't have enough time in the day to do both. I do wish people would scan cards instead of the pictures. No thank you........I don't need comments on that. My problem is that I'm on here to see and get new ideas on the cards. I really don't care about the ink pad, the bear, dog, shelves, doily, whatever...........the card seems to get lost in all of the "stuff". Again, that is JMO.

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 12:51 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I love looking at everyones cards. I never leave comments - my bad.

However, I really don't like it when I see a card and no info about it.

i get tempted to leave a not so good comment, but everything I see is usually very good.

I also wouldn't want to tell someone their card is not so good
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 12:58 PM   #59  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

This whole topic about commenting is kind of weird ... it's like asking for comments that you don't need because you're feelin' good ... just a little odd.

I like comments. They make me feel like my work is appreciated. However, I don't need comments to be validated as a paper crafter. The best thing about comments --> it encourages each of us in our creativity. The comments can be here online, or from our friends and family. Everyone needs to hear a "wow" or a "that is great!" comment once in a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csmilhamView Post
I think it's hard to keep up on "looking" at the cards...........I rarely have time to leave a comment. I may LOVE your card and just don't have enough time in the day to do both. I do wish people would scan cards instead of the pictures. No thank you........I don't need comments on that. My problem is that I'm on here to see and get new ideas on the cards. I really don't care about the ink pad, the bear, dog, shelves, doily, whatever...........the card seems to get lost in all of the "stuff". Again, that is JMO.

Carol
in IN
I know you didn't ask for comments on that, but I HATE scanned images ... the colours are almost always skewed ...

like Lazorkay said, I too am tempted to leave a not so good comment (a constructive critiscism) ... but usually everything is pretty good on this site!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by prchvsView Post
This whole topic about commenting is kind of weird ... it's like asking for comments that you don't need because you're feelin' good ... just a little odd.

I like comments. They make me feel like my work is appreciated. However, I don't need comments to be validated as a paper crafter. The best thing about comments --> it encourages each of us in our creativity. The comments can be here online, or from our friends and family. Everyone needs to hear a "wow" or a "that is great!" comment once in a while.

I know you didn't ask for comments on that, but I HATE scanned images ... the colours are almost always skewed ...

like Lazorkay said, I too am tempted to leave a not so good comment (a constructive critiscism) ... but usually everything is pretty good on this site!
I agree with that (scanned) but when you are taking a photo and you are so worried about getting all your "stuff" in there and the card becomes lost in the image................well, I think you should be on a photography site and not a card making. I was trying to see some cards, in a certain gallery, and there was all this Stuff around it. Different strokes.

C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 02:02 PM   #61  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by csmilhamView Post
I agree with that (scanned) but when you are taking a photo and you are so worried about getting all your "stuff" in there and the card becomes lost in the image................well, I think you should be on a photography site and not a card making. I was trying to see some cards, in a certain gallery, and there was all this Stuff around it. Different strokes.

C
I didn't think about that part ... I agree with you then!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Regarding "constructive criticism" ...

I don't think it should be given unless it is specifically requested.

Like on THIS card. I really needed and wanted help. Something was not quite right and I was just plain out of stampin' mojo! I got GREAT suggestions and came up with THIS card! I didn't post my "final" but I got more great suggestions to add to the last one I posted and was very pleased with the final outcome. Sometimes we just need a little help from our friends.:-D

But if somebody hasn't asked for help - I wouldn't offer it. I think it's best to follow that old rule my Mom taught me ... "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all".

I'm so grateful that we have SO many people who post their work in the gallery here on SCS. I leave comments as often as I can. I can usually find something nice to say about every upload I come across. SCS is where I really learned to stamp. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 04:07 PM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think the comment about scanning vs. photos is interesting. I always prefer photos -- if they are lit well (some of mine aren't - oops) and especially if they are cropped so you don't get all of the extraneous info. Sometimes there is too much included in the photo area and it is distracting.

Personally, I really dislike scanned photos. More often than not, the colors seemed washed out and they are often blurred. I use photos because I use my laptop almost 100% of the time. The scanner is hooked up to the desktop in the basement and frankly it is just too slow. I have finally discovered a couple of spots where I can get a decent photo on a bright day. I plug the camera into my laptop, download my photos, crop them, reduce them and I'm good to go to the upload page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 04:14 PM   #64  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I much prefer photos vs. scanned. With scanned, the colors can look wonky, and you lose any dimension that the card may have.

I sometimes "stage" my photos with items. I like the look of a little staging, just like they do in all of the craft mags.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 04:23 PM   #65  
Pearl-ExPert

I would be fibbing if I said I don't like to get comments. I really do and sometimes it still bothers me when I think I made something really cute and it gets no notice. However, it is bothering me less and less because I'm just too busy to worry about it, my gallery is mainly for my records and if anyone gets inspiration there that's great! I try to comment on any card that I really like or that I favorite. Sometimes I might open a card to see a bigger view but find I don't really like it that much for one reason or another. I don't leave comments unless I mean it and I won't leave a negative comment. I'm not even giving constructive criticism when asked.

My gallery time is really limited now with a baby in the house. So I understand why some people favorite but leave no comment (good intentions to come back later, etc.) or why so many great cards don't get the comments they deserve. I know I miss tons of beautiful cards each week but my time is so limited I seldom get to do more than check out the favorites from the week of _____, that is posted each Sunday.

That being said --I think I"ll go to the gallery tonight and give out some love!

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 05:04 PM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystie leeView Post
I much prefer photos vs. scanned. With scanned, the colors can look wonky, and you lose any dimension that the card may have.

I sometimes "stage" my photos with items. I like the look of a little staging, just like they do in all of the craft mags.
I think I kind of misspoke. I like when someone props up a stamp from the set they used, or lays a little ribbon by the card. That kind of staging is sometimes done very, very well. I was thinking more of just having a lot of dead space around, not something specifically designed to make an appealing composition.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2008, 05:46 PM   #67  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof2stampersView Post
There are certain styles that get a lot of comments. The simple ones will get comments if they are truly amazing, but most of the simple ones don't get them. So, if simple is your style (and it is mine), there won't be as many.
Although I think the above is true - I rarely comment on the 'multi-layered masterpiece' style of cards. They aren't my style and I don't comment or favorite them. I typically comment on cards that are more my style, and I favorite those that inspire me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #68  
Insane Embellisher

I took the plunge and started my gallery. It's all your fault, ladies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

i think most everyone enjoys comments...

but i don't think it is a reflection in any way of the level of my creativity!

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i don't LOVE everything i see here and i am sure there are people who don't LOVE my stuff. that is OK!!!

i love to leave comments- WHEN i have time. i don't always have time.

i think that being favorited IS a comment! and a great one at that.

just my 2�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #70  
Kookie Creator

Hmmm good point I never thought of being fav. as a complement in itself. Good thinking ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #71  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Between the pressure to be *the perfect stamper* all the talk about *did you case it from who* *did you give every who their right credit* and just the general folks that come out of no where to jump down ones throat, I simply quit uploading any cards to any gallery, even the challenge's.

So I guess it does not bother me at all. I stamp because I love to.

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #72  
Insane Embellisher

How do you know if your card has been "favorited"? I get upset when I don't get comments but I'd also like constructive criticism. I also cringe at older designs but it shows how far I've come.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #73  
Crimping Master

I haven't really uploaded since the last VSN. I do like comments as does everyone. We're just fooling ourselves if we say we don't.....its an ego stroke that everyone needs once in awhile.
My cards don't get favorited alot so when they do look out I'm on cloud 9 with or without comments....:p
Everyone has different taste and thats what makes this site awesome. I'll upload a card I LOVE that I think everyone else will and only get a couple views and then upload what I think is a so-so one and people love it. Go figure...:rolleyes:
I've been getting my validation from my co-workers as I have been taking my cards into work with an envelope and giving them away. They are so excited to get a free card and can't believe I can make something like that. I just smile and say thank you and think in my silly little head....YES!!!!
Have a great night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorseView Post
Between the pressure to be *the perfect stamper* all the talk about *did you case it from who* *did you give every who their right credit* and just the general folks that come out of no where to jump down ones throat, I simply quit uploading any cards to any gallery, even the challenge's.

So I guess it does not bother me at all. I stamp because I love to.
I think you make a good point and just want to jump in here on your point about 'giving credit'. I find it mind-boggling that anyone who does some particular thing or uses a particular technique feels obligated to credit another person who just happens to use that style *all the time*. It's not like no one else ever thought of using certain stamps a certain way, or using a Signo pen in some particular way, etc.

If everyone here is being truthful about appreciating eachother's inspiration, I don't think anyone has to be credited with anything unless you are basically making the same card (and yes, credit them even if you've made a couple of minor changes). I think CASE means "COPY and share with everyone".

It amazes me when I see a card and the person who uploaded it says, I 'cased' it from so-and-so and here's their card, and you go the link, and it is entirely different -- and in some cases, IMHO, much better!!

Are there really two different definitions of 'casing' here?? Copying or inspired by?? If I choose to duplicate a card, I will not hesitate to give credit where it is due. But if I find inspiration that's different. And if I choose to use a particular technique or style that has become someone else's 'signature' style.... sorry. Unless you have a patent on it, it's up for grabs ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #75  
Creative Crew SU Design Team

I used to be really obsessive about checking my gallery for comments, but I found I just don't get the comments that others do, for whatever reason and I can't let that get me down. I get plenty of encouragement from family, friends, co-workers, and customers. They all think I make the greatest stuff! But I always have to say "You should see the stuff on Splitcoast!"
The stuff I think is my best work, or best idea, doesn't get much attention. Oh, well!
Stamp Review Crew member and creator Stamp set themed blog hops twice a month. Go check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #76  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you Phantom! I always wonder how much is original?

I can not list everyone who has ever used anything I might use, any color, ink, style or stamp.

I just stamp for me and keep it to myself....in my closet....

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorseView Post
Thank you Phantom! I always wonder how much is original?

I can not list everyone who has ever used anything I might use, any color, ink, style or stamp.

I just stamp for me and keep it to myself....in my closet....
Awww... c'mon ~ keep uploading!! I just went to your gallery and I'd really LOVE to see what you're doing now and with some of the newer sets!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #78  
Mad Swapper

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I think you make a good point and just want to jump in here on your point about 'giving credit'. I find it mind-boggling that anyone who does some particular thing or uses a particular technique feels obligated to credit another person who just happens to use that style *all the time*. It's not like no one else ever thought of using certain stamps a certain way, or using a Signo pen in some particular way, etc.

If everyone here is being truthful about appreciating eachother's inspiration, I don't think anyone has to be credited with anything unless you are basically making the same card (and yes, credit them even if you've made a couple of minor changes). I think CASE means "COPY and share with everyone".

It amazes me when I see a card and the person who uploaded it says, I 'cased' it from so-and-so and here's their card, and you go the link, and it is entirely different -- and in some cases, IMHO, much better!!

Are there really two different definitions of 'casing' here?? Copying or inspired by?? If I choose to duplicate a card, I will not hesitate to give credit where it is due. But if I find inspiration that's different. And if I choose to use a particular technique or style that has become someone else's 'signature' style.... sorry. Unless you have a patent on it, it's up for grabs ;)
I like to put who inspired my card if it is what got me started, even if my card turns out different. I only use the word case if it's almost identical. I don't know if either interpretation is right. I like to give credit b/c I think it can make them feel "warm and fuzzy" Did you know if you go to the gallery and search your screen name, it will show other's cards who give you credit? How cool is that? I know I've heard where people have gotten upset about not being credit, etc., but have never actually seen it happen. I figure w/ all the things shared on a daily basis, that something is bound to happen once in awhile. I believe these are likely the exception, but of course the contraversy gets the attention. I love SCS and the fact that so many people visit and give of themselves is a great gift! And for free on top of it! Thanks SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by corinnesmithView Post
I like to put who inspired my card if it is what got me started, even if my card turns out different. I only use the word case if it's almost identical. I don't know if either interpretation is right. I like to give credit b/c I think it can make them feel "warm and fuzzy" Did you know if you go to the gallery and search your screen name, it will show other's cards who give you credit? How cool is that? I know I've heard where people have gotten upset about not being credit, etc., but have never actually seen it happen. I figure w/ all the things shared on a daily basis, that something is bound to happen once in awhile. I believe these are likely the exception, but of course the contraversy gets the attention. I love SCS and the fact that so many people visit and give of themselves is a great gift! And for free on top of it! Thanks SCS!
Oh yes - absolutely it is always nice to mention someone if you kept a note of something in particular!! I guess I just don't think you should feel obligated to track every idea, attribute or style unless you are really casing something. I know I'm being evasive ... okay - I don't want to name names... So on to why I really wanted to respond to you:

It never occurred to me that if I searched my own name it would come up with anything other than my own gallery. So I tried it! Lo and behold.... I can now attest to the popularity of Phantom of the Opera in scrapbooking LOL!! And some cards too!! And there are 'phantom hands' that cause trouble, and 'phantom marks' on card photos!! And.... I was truly amazed and surprised to see that something I did on a card actually inspired someone !! Coincidentally, she is someone who has responded to this thread ~ Happy Heart. AND... I had recently been to her gallery and she has some of the most adorable cards I've ever seen!!

So.... I can just say... what goes around comes around sometimes in a very good way ~ and I totally agree, that SCS is a fab place to meet and share. I think SCS encourages a lot of freedom of expression and I got the idea from kphorse (and frankly, other stories I've heard about grousing) that sometimes members might try to control things more than they need to.

Live and let live.... carpe diem... and warm fuzzies all around !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #80  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Oh yes - absolutely it is always nice to mention someone if you kept a note of something in particular!! I guess I just don't think you should feel obligated to track every idea, attribute or style unless you are really casing something. I know I'm being evasive ... okay - I don't want to name names... So on to why I really wanted to respond to you:

It never occurred to me that if I searched my own name it would come up with anything other than my own gallery. So I tried it! Lo and behold.... I can now attest to the popularity of Phantom of the Opera in scrapbooking LOL!! And some cards too!! And there are 'phantom hands' that cause trouble, and 'phantom marks' on card photos!! And.... I was truly amazed and surprised to see that something I did on a card actually inspired someone !! Coincidentally, she is someone who has responded to this thread ~ Happy Heart. AND... I had recently been to her gallery and she has some of the most adorable cards I've ever seen!!

So.... I can just say... what goes around comes around sometimes in a very good way ~ and I totally agree, that SCS is a fab place to meet and share. I think SCS encourages a lot of freedom of expression and I got the idea from kphorse (and frankly, other stories I've heard about grousing) that sometimes members might try to control things more than they need to.

Live and let live.... carpe diem... and warm fuzzies all around !!
Coooool.... I'm glad you searched! How fun is that! I thought that was so much fun when my demo told me about it... I also don't think people should be obligated to do anything... I don't think I said that in my above messages, but rather was just discussing about the casing etc.

MUAH! God Bless!
Reply With Quote Likes