Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge LSS w/ Nothing in Stock

Ok, so the two large scrapbooking/stamping stores in our area that have been around for years never have what I am looking for in stock. Do you find this to be a problem in your area?

I went in to the one the other day for the new Copic colors because I wanted to treat myself, and yes, I know the new colors have been out a while. However, the one LSS keeps sending emails that they have them in the store. Only, they didn't have them. They also did not have any black ink pads or ink refills. They didn't have any 12x12 papers for boys or men. They didn't have the Copic storage or the ArtBin die storage they had been advertising. They had nothing I specifically asked about. Everything could be ordered and paid for in advance, but they couldn't give me a delivery date, not even one week or 6 months.

What they did have out and in stock was tons of embellishments I could get at M's like pearls, gems, and brads. They also had tons of dies that no one is currently looking for. They stay in business through classes and creating one day, new shipment frenzies, which is great for the people with unlimited time and budget, but the rest of us are out of luck.

The other LSS has the same old embellishments and papers, but they do try to sell the newest large, expensive die cutting sytems and what-not. You know, the kind people buy online because that is cheaper. They have crops that seem to keep them in business, but their classes aren't great.

I'm curious if your scrapbook stores are similar.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #2  
ch
Mad Swapper

All of our LSS have gone out of business due to Hobby Lobby and such. I purchase online from SU, and Gina K and am quite happy. I so love having goodies delivered to my door.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Online shopping seems to be the way of the future and LSS are going like the Dodo Bird.
When you shop online:

1. You're not wasting gas or time going to a store that might or might not have what you want.

2. Most times the items are cheaper because they don't have to maintain a brick and mortar store front.

3. You're not limited geographically when trying to find the best price on items.

The downfalls of losing the LSS is not being able to "touch and feel". It must be really hard to run a LSS and try and determine what the majority of your customers might want, move out the old stock to make room for the newest and greatest, and to compete with the online retailers. Sometimes gambling on the newest tool or fad ends up being a bust. That must be really hard to determine. I feel for LSS owners but must admit I often can't afford to pay the higher prices in their stores and I have to make my craft budget stretch as far as possible, especially in this economy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have one tiny LSS where I get chipboard. That's it, they have very little of anything else and seem to have a core group of customers that take classes, etc. I have a much better selection at my independent craft store, they have Graphic 45 and Authentique papers among other stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2012, 03:07 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I guess I'm pretty lucky. There are still a few awesome stamp/scrap stores in the San Diego area. They are good about keeping their shelves stocked (one that wasn't lasted less than a year). They feature what's new but also keep old favorites on hand.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lutheran-

Where are the crafting stores in the San Diego area? My daughter lives in that area so I visit her several times a year. She is always asking where I would like to go/do. If I had the names and locations of places other than J/M, I might get to see new stuff. I did go to a Paper Source near her once.

TIA (not my name-thanks in advance)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No LSS in my city or anywhere within a 20-minute drive. The only one we do have has lots of great things and, I presume, a fairly regular clientele. Unfortunately, the prices are so high that most things can be found cheaper online, even with shipping charges.

I find this disheartening because I so like to see and touch items before I purchase them but hate spending the extra cash. But then, if the store didn't have to pay space rent they wouldn't have to charge higher prices.

I don't do a lot of shopping in person or online, especially the past two years. But the few times I've been to that LSS I usually buy a few sheets of paper and maybe an embellishment or two--never any tools. Even then, I have to remind myself that the extra few dollars I'm spending is my way of supporting the local economy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I live in what was a rural area that is really becoming a suburb of the former City of Halifax as growth happens ... so just about every type of shopping (gas, groceries, restaurants, etc.) thing is a minimum of a 20 minute drive from my house. Our one big box craft store (Michaels) is a half hour drive; the three LSS would be a half hour, 40 minutes and an hour from me. We recently had a LSS go out of business right across the road from Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

Our stand-alone scrapbook stores crumbled long ago. M's * JoAnns are within 30 minutes, but they simply cannot compete with the easy availability of countless brands found in online shopping.
...sigh....
I do love to touch, feel, and see the true colors, and have made the occasional 'color oops' via online shopping. But I completely understand how the LSS's of our past couldn't stay in business with the quick trend/style changes that occur in the papercrafting industry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I belong to a craft group at Church. My friend & I went on our own mini-shop hop and were telling the other members so they ask us if we would organize a trip when it was our turn to host our monthly get together. One of the other members gave me a list so I called the various stores-from the one page os listings, there were only 5 or 6 stores still in business and now 1 of those has closed. Of course, we only picked ones that were generally in the same area but that is still kinda sad.

There is a LSS within walking distance of me and I try to give her some of my business. Her prices are very reasonable but of course, because she is a small business, sometimes her choices are limited.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Alice!! I don't think you are alone. Over the last 2-3 years, several LSS have closed in my area which I'm sad about....these were great stores, but the recession took its toll. The closest stores to me are M's and J's (bummed that we don't have a hobby lobby in my area). I'm grateful to have these stores around, but what I don't like about M's and J's is that they are too "general", at least the ones in my area. I was so excited to see them finally carry Spellbinders. Their stamp selections are limited to the basics, as well as inks, paper, dies, punches, etc. I did find a scrapbook store that's about 45 minutes away from me that carries "newer, up-to-date" items, but it's a drive and they cater mostly to scrapbookers with some variety of stamps. There's another scrapbook store about 20 minutes away, but they don't carry too much stock which surprised me because there was so much space on the store floor - it just wasn't worth my trip to their store...they offer classes and class space in the back. So, I do most of my shopping online, especially when there's a coupon, free shipping, sales, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

My LSS never had current items in the store. I did not go there for 6 months and when I came back I found it was the same stuff. I stopped shopping there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 05:49 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheranView Post
I guess I'm pretty lucky. There are still a few awesome stamp/scrap stores in the San Diego area. They are good about keeping their shelves stocked (one that wasn't lasted less than a year). They feature what's new but also keep old favorites on hand.
Mary Beth
Hoping you see this: We are going to be in San Diego next week, April 20th, can you give me the address of these stores? Would Love to stop in and check out what they have : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

Here are a few San Diego stores to check out, for the posters who inquired. I have shopped a lot at all of these except for Paper Tales, which I heard is great, too.
Stampin' Details, Poway
Cool Scrapbook Stuff, Poway
Scrappin' Attack, Santee
GeeGee's Stamping, Carlsbad
Stamping Addict, San Diego near SDSU
Paper Tales, San Diego in Point Loma
Ever After Scrapbooks, Vista/San Marcos on the 78

All these stores have good websites to get maps, hours, etc. Happy Shopping! If you are here May 4 or 5th, there is a big scrapbook expo at the fairgrounds in Del Mar that is FABULOUS.

Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The store in my last small town closed when the recession hit. I was an SU demo at the time and I was my own best customer so I really only hit the store when I was scrapbooking. We moved about 25 miles N and now there is a store just 15min away. I'm going to try to make occasional purchases just to support the store. I like being able to pop in when I need something NOW and don't want to wait for an order to ship. I also like to be able to purchase single sheets of paper for specific needs when doing scrapbooks.
The whole thing about buying local is realizing that you may have to pay slightly more and won't have the vast selection, but knowing that you are supporting someone local and encouraging that store to make it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Received 495 Likes on 164 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjlee717View Post
Hi Alice!! I don't think you are alone. Over the last 2-3 years, several LSS have closed in my area which I'm sad about....these were great stores, but the recession took its toll. The closest stores to me are M's and J's (bummed that we don't have a hobby lobby in my area).
Brenda:
If you are still in the Puget Sound area (I'm guessing 'yes' because your location says Issaquah), there is a Hobby Lobby in Lynnwood. My friend and I discovered it during the NW Paper Chase in March.

Not sure if it's too much of a hassle for you to drive over there; we drove up from Olympia and it wasn't too bad. :-)

We are fortunate to still have a couple of LSS in our area...but I still wonder how long all of them can hold out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Received 809 Likes on 530 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheranView Post
Here are a few San Diego stores to check out, for the posters who inquired. I have shopped a lot at all of these except for Paper Tales, which I heard is great, too.
Stampin' Details, Poway
Cool Scrapbook Stuff, Poway
Scrappin' Attack, Santee
GeeGee's Stamping, Carlsbad
Stamping Addict, San Diego near SDSU
Paper Tales, San Diego in Point Loma
Ever After Scrapbooks, Vista/San Marcos on the 78

All these stores have good websites to get maps, hours, etc. Happy Shopping! If you are here May 4 or 5th, there is a big scrapbook expo at the fairgrounds in Del Mar that is FABULOUS.

Mary Beth
I love Paper Tales!! It's a small shop but FULL of fun things. Some things can be a little pricey but overall, it's a great place.

LOVE Scrappin' Attack in Santee! It's near my work (that's dangerous!) and I get in there at least once a month. They just expanded and have lots of papers and goodies to look at. I hear there is a new cupcake bakery just a few doors down so now I have another reason to go to that strip mall :p

Stamp Addict is near my manicurist so I usually end up in there every now and then. Unfortunately, they've had to downsize so it's tight in their store but they do a lot of classes and they are always happy to order anything you might need. There's also a quilting shop in the same strip mall in case that is something someone likes to do.

I went to Stamping Details about 3 years ago and I still think about it! It's a cute place and right across the street from a train that is fun to ride.

Mary Beth - good suggestions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisOView Post
Brenda:
If you are still in the Puget Sound area (I'm guessing 'yes' because your location says Issaquah), there is a Hobby Lobby in Lynnwood. My friend and I discovered it during the NW Paper Chase in March.

Not sure if it's too much of a hassle for you to drive over there; we drove up from Olympia and it wasn't too bad. :-)

We are fortunate to still have a couple of LSS in our area...but I still wonder how long all of them can hold out.
Are you serious!!! Oh my!! I'm going to have to look it up. You just made my weekend. Thank you, Chris.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #19  
Kookie Creator

There's a little one next to my work, that is usually overflowing with paper. It's an outlet and only open 3 days a week, but everything is so cheap. I just go when I don't have an idea in my head of what I'm looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #20  
Compulsive Stamper

It just opened a few months ago, it's within walking distance for me so it's a bit of a bad thing for my budget. Doesn't seem like they have all that much though. I'm just starting out so I've been getting the paper packs and such from there/Jo-anns/Michaels but I already feel like I've gotten everything they have that I really want, and my once-a-week trips to the craft store circuit has already stopped. I primarily shop online now too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Guess I am lucky - the one scrapbook store I go to frequently here in Calgary is awesome, they also are affiliated with an online store which helps them. They have great promotions and terrific classes and tag Tuesdays, Twoonie Thursdays. Email of members for 45% off several times a month. I think having it member based helps. Being a member has perks such as using the cutting machines, binding machine, they have a photo scanner plus 10% off. They usually have the latest items. I have no problem dropping my dollars there.
That said I do shop online as well at a couple of places
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

There are two LSS's in my town (and then multiple others in adjacent towns..) and I work at the best one (haha.. i'm biased, I know) but we really are the only ones that keep fresh, new product in and let me tell you, it's tough! there are entire companies that the owners don't bring in (because you can't carry everything, right?) but the thing I love about my store is they clear out the old and make way for the new.. The other stores around me have patterned papers/stickers from 4 years ago in like, 50% of their store!! BUT.... It takes a lot of money to own a papercrafting store - customers want NEW NEW NEW, for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP and it's not always possible. A lot of companies have minimums for orders so it's sometimes not possible for a store to order a small selection of products to appease their customers. Take Memory Box dies... They are a hot commodity in our area. My store orders ALL of the dies available and we still sell out - the other stores carry some of the dies - not all - and I can't see them carrying them for much longer if my store has them all... all the time...

it's kind of like LSS's competing with online store's prices and availability.. it's just not possible sometimes!!

BUT - don't support THE MAN.. try to support your little LSS as much as you can or else they will go the way of the typewriter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #23  
Glitter Guru

Received 809 Likes on 530 Posts

Bump.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

For those of you who say that you like touch and see the products in hand before making a purchase, do you find that when you buy online that you actually purchase less because you aren't as motivated by impulse decisions in the heat of the moment?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #25  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We live in an area that's very anti growth, anti big box stores, etc. etc. I understand the reasoning behind buying local when you can. If you can't find what you want, you have to go outside the local community either distance or online. And sorry, I'm not going to try to enjoy my hobbies with one hand tied behind my back because my local stores don't or won't carry what I need. Even our Michael's is one of the smallest stores in the country.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #26  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

It has been many years since I have actually been in a real honest to goodness brick and mortar stamping store. I am fortunate to have several scrapbook stores around me. One is a 45 minute drive to the East another is 45 minutes to the West and a couple of small ones close (great for crops) by not to mention Joanne's, Michael's, and Hobby Lobby cose to home. Now all of those stores have a small smattering of stamps but nothing even close to what is availible on line. Is there any such thing as a stamping store anymore?

Our Michaels seems to be getting out of the wood mounted stamping business. I would say may be they are selling out the old to bring in new stamps but that is not Michaels way of doing business, or so it seems. I could be wrong as I have been at least once before in my life time. Ha!

I wonder what the future holds for the crafting business, are all the LSS going the way of the Dodo Bird? And if they do, then will the big box stores not be limited to a 6 month wait before they can have the newest products? As it is now, it seems to take the manufactours 6 months from showing new product to get it into the hands of any store!!! Or is that just the most popular products that take forever to get into stores??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #27  
Crimping Master

I love my LSS and try to support them when I can. They are celebrating 20 years this week. The Great American Stamp Store, rubber stamps and ideas

I mainly focus on buying products that are either hard to get online (due to popular demand), or products that I have not seen anywhere else. I know they would special order anything as long as it is a company that they already do business with. I have done that with some Memory Box dies. Keep in mind, if a product is in very high demand, then every one is probably going to have a hard time getting new stock.

You should just talk to them and see what they are willing to do to meet your needs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I had the opportunity to visit a rubber stamp store once, in Sparta, NJ. It was an amazing experience! Soon after I discovered it, it closed down and I have not been in another one since.
I've only visited two scrapbook stores--ever. There just isn't anything that I know if within an hour of where I live. I feed my habit almost exclusively through online purchasing, and am very grateful for it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a scrapbooking store in town, fairly new, but have a hard time finding items I like. They are geared more toward scrapbooking and I'm primarily a card maker. I do stop in and buy an item or two to keep them here but I had a $15 gift certificate and had a hard time spending it! There was a fantastic, very large store here but it closed 2 years ago and I really missed it; I used to buy tons of stuff there since they had such a huge variety and mostly styles that I liked. I now do most of my shopping online and I like doing it like that. My only exception would be for 6x6 pads, I really like to see those in person before I buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

.. it might just be me but I would consider anything within an hours drive to be local.. and even then I would have to go 2+ hours to get to a stamping store (that then would charge double what I can get my supplies online for)

For me internet shopping is the way to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

There are no LSS stores in my town. I live in town with the famous Scrapbook Generations store. I don't consider that an LSS since it's famous, lol. I like to shop at SG for paper. It is a definite scrapbook store so not a lot of products for me.

I live by two Hobby Lobby's, one JoAnn's & one Michael's. I am honestly bored shopping at those stores. Since I live so close I would go browse weekly. When I realized I was browsing more than buying I knew I was heading for burnout.

I love to online shop more than B&M shop. I love Etsy, Ebay and Amazon. I know they are big sites but I love them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindykidView Post
For those of you who say that you like touch and see the products in hand before making a purchase, do you find that when you buy online that you actually purchase less because you aren't as motivated by impulse decisions in the heat of the moment?
I'm often guilty of buying MORE online after seeing lots of pinned cards on Pinterest using products I don't have. I am quite tempted at times in my LSS store when I take a class but often, because the items being used are quite popular, they even have a hard time keeping items in stock. So, I don't get tempted as much if the items aren't in stock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccboobooView Post
I love my LSS and try to support them when I can. They are celebrating 20 years this week. The Great American Stamp Store, rubber stamps and ideas

I mainly focus on buying products that are either hard to get online (due to popular demand), or products that I have not seen anywhere else. I know they would special order anything as long as it is a company that they already do business with. I have done that with some Memory Box dies. Keep in mind, if a product is in very high demand, then every one is probably going to have a hard time getting new stock.

You should just talk to them and see what they are willing to do to meet your needs.
I'm going to be in Bristol, CT the end of June. I'm wondering if this store is worth the drive. I've got a couple of others closer to Bristol on my hit list. Thanks for the lead on another possible store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2012, 05:39 AM   #34  
Stampin' Fool

We are fortunate to have a wonderful LSS with savvy owners and employees. They have all the current designer papers and embellishments. They do have a lot of things that can be bought at mikes and jos but they have tons of other stuff not available in those stores. I do buy on line and love digital supplies but nothing beats going in to a store and touching every... single... piece.... of beautiful paper, LOL! I am a visual person so I need to see the colors I am buying and I love that they have all the coordinating things to go along with it.

Blog Paper Rocks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #35  
Embossing Fanatic

I dont have any LSS here... i can drive about 45 minutes north to a Michaels, 30 minutes south to a Michaels or 45 minutes further south to a Joanns... we dont have an AC Moore or a Hobby Lobby (thats worth going to)..

But i do notice that when i go some place like Michaels or Joanns i end up buying a bunch of random things and half of it i never use...where as when i buy online im usually buying with a particular project in mind so i buy all the things i would need for that

I have only ever purchased from PTI though so im not all that experienced...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #36  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 805 Likes on 328 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Alice*View Post
Ok, so the two large scrapbooking/stamping stores in our area that have been around for years never have what I am looking for in stock. Do you find this to be a problem in your area?

I went in to the one the other day for the new Copic colors because I wanted to treat myself, and yes, I know the new colors have been out a while. However, the one LSS keeps sending emails that they have them in the store. Only, they didn't have them. They also did not have any black ink pads or ink refills. They didn't have any 12x12 papers for boys or men. They didn't have the Copic storage or the ArtBin die storage they had been advertising. They had nothing I specifically asked about. Everything could be ordered and paid for in advance, but they couldn't give me a delivery date, not even one week or 6 months.

What they did have out and in stock was tons of embellishments I could get at M's like pearls, gems, and brads. They also had tons of dies that no one is currently looking for. They stay in business through classes and creating one day, new shipment frenzies, which is great for the people with unlimited time and budget, but the rest of us are out of luck.

The other LSS has the same old embellishments and papers, but they do try to sell the newest large, expensive die cutting sytems and what-not. You know, the kind people buy online because that is cheaper. They have crops that seem to keep them in business, but their classes aren't great.

I'm curious if your scrapbook stores are similar.
One of our LSS was just as you described, and they went out of business. The other one was great, but the owner retired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #37  
Inking Addict

There's only one LSS near me and they're expensive and their inventory doesn't move very quickly. Other than that we have Michaels and ACMoore. I do a lot of online shopping as well and seem to find some really excellent deals online.

I do go into Michaels and ACMoore every few weeks to see what they have marked down. I love their clearanced items and have purchases most of my border punches on clearance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 03:40 AM   #38  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I have to 3 stores - all in different directions but within 25 minutes from me.

1 has new fresh products
1 has some new fresh products but their stamps seem to be the same old stuff
1 very dated - same stuff, boring paper, old style embellishments

We also have 2 scrpabook stores
1- fresh and new
1 - old and dated

I try to shop at the local stores but if they don't have what I need I just hop online and get what I need

We also have several Michaels (each carries different items), JoAnns, and now a Hobby Lobby. I think the economy has hurt some of the LSS but I feel they have to keep up with the times to get my business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 04:28 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

I am lucky that I have a great stamping store in NYC that I go to and love. I love that if they don' t have something I am looking for, they will order it if they can. I love that I can ask questions and chat about the hobby while shopping. It is part of the shopping experience to me. Big stores like Michael's don't give me that same service, so I stopped going there for the most part. I do order certain papers and stamps online that are from private companies, and I have the best of both worlds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #40  
Inking Addict

Do you find scrapping (stamping/scrapbooking) popular in your areas? Other than a couple girls down the Cape I don't know of anyone else in my area that scraps. The recipients of my cards are amazed that I made them and have said they don't know anyone who makes their own cards (I'm hoping that was a compliment rofl). I was a CTMH consultant for years and couldn't find anyone to book a demo. There wasn't any interest through my parish or library association. It's just not big around here.
Reply With Quote Likes