Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-02-2007, 03:06 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove tape residue from rubber?

I have an old stampin' around wheel that had masking tape on it for a bit too long - I recently pulled off the tape and there's a masking-tape residue left behind :( Anyone know a good, safe way to remove it?

(Backstory: accidentally purchased two of the Pink Flamingo wheels years ago, meant to yardsale the extra - never got around to having that yard sale, though... just came across it now. I'm sure someone would love to have the wheel - but I can't in good conscience send it like this!)

Thanks for any help,
Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2007, 05:52 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by eplercsView Post
I have an old stampin' around wheel that had masking tape on it for a bit too long - I recently pulled off the tape and there's a masking-tape residue left behind :( Anyone know a good, safe way to remove it?

(Backstory: accidentally purchased two of the Pink Flamingo wheels years ago, meant to yardsale the extra - never got around to having that yard sale, though... just came across it now. I'm sure someone would love to have the wheel - but I can't in good conscience send it like this!)

Thanks for any help,
Susan
Do you have the adhesive eraser? That might work. I usually just rub my finger over it and roll it off. Or UnDu Adhesive remover.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2007, 06:48 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by eplercsView Post

Thanks for any help,
Susan
Try rolling the wheel over the sticky side of a strip of Duct Tape...quite often that high tack adhesive will pull adhesive residue from a surface. Just don't leave the Duct Tape on the wheel, or you'll have a real residue problem!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2007, 07:12 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Brilliant! That's definitely going into my Solutions to Sticky Problems file. Bless you, O Goddess of All Things Adhesive! And I mean that sincerely -- thank you for always being so helpful. :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftdesignsView Post
Try rolling the wheel over the sticky side of a strip of Duct Tape...quite often that high tack adhesive will pull adhesive residue from a surface. Just don't leave the Duct Tape on the wheel, or you'll have a real residue problem!

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2007, 07:17 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

What about "goo be gone" or Avon's original "Skin so Soft". I have used both to remove sticky residue from many things. Not sure if they would harm the rubber or not. I would wash it off right afterwards with a mild soap and water mix.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2007, 08:04 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by scpdView Post
Brilliant! That's definitely going into my Solutions to Sticky Problems file. Bless you, O Goddess of All Things Adhesive! And I mean that sincerely -- thank you for always being so helpful. :mrgreen:
Goddess of All Things Adhesive!!! Love it...just might slap that on the front of a T-shirt. Many thanks for honoring me with that title.
Reply With Quote Likes