Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #41  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

The really old ones were white. I have a set of white and a set of black. The black doesn't show the ink as much, but we know it's there.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 06:35 AM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Thanks for all the great information on this thread!! Going to try these recipes!

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #43  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post
My demonstrator said that if you don't clean the pads every once in a while, you can pull the rubber off your stamp while scrubbing. Don't know if it is true or not. Has anyone else heard this?
I've pulled the rubber off by scrubbing too hard. I use Crystal Effects to put it back on, or crazy glue if it's handy.

I frequently just wash mine. People have told me not to do it, but when I do a mass stamping, like for Christmas cards, and get gobs of black ink on the stamp, I wash the stamps in the sink with dish soap. I've been doing it for about 10 years, and it hasn't hurt anything yet. When I lend stamps to someone, I almost always have to wash them when they're returned. Nobody cleans them enough to satisfy me. I usually stamp on a stack of paper towels until there's no damp image, then let them air dry the rest of the way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 02:12 PM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

SKIP THE EXPENSIVE SPRAY. WASTE OF MONEY.

Dab a bit of dishwash soap on your scrub pad, scrub away, rinse with water, and you are done.

Have been cleaning stamps for 10 years this way and they are clean and shiny. CHEAP.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by daeve930View Post
I've pulled the rubber off by scrubbing too hard. I use Crystal Effects to put it back on, or crazy glue if it's handy.

I frequently just wash mine. People have told me not to do it, but when I do a mass stamping, like for Christmas cards, and get gobs of black ink on the stamp, I wash the stamps in the sink with dish soap. I've been doing it for about 10 years, and it hasn't hurt anything yet. When I lend stamps to someone, I almost always have to wash them when they're returned. Nobody cleans them enough to satisfy me. I usually stamp on a stack of paper towels until there's no damp image, then let them air dry the rest of the way.
Do you immerse the stamps in water? Please explain further.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #46  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

Oh yes..........I have an old tooth brush in my craft room sink. Dab on a bit of dishsoap and scrub away! Works slick!

Stamps under water? ALL THE TIME. Doesn't hurt a thing. Have been doing it for 10+ years and not one stamp has fallen apart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #47  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post
Do you immerse the stamps in water? Please explain further.
No, I just stamp off as much as possible, then rinse it off in the sink. If ink stills runs off, I put a drop of dish washing liquid on the stamp and rub with my fingers, rinse it off and dry it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2008, 08:47 AM   #48  
Crimping Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
Stamp Cleaner:

2 Cups Distilled water

2 Tbs Rose water (I found it at the health food store)

1 Tbs Baby Wash (I used a generic brand)

2 Tbs Glycerin (Found in the pharmacy)

I made a big batch by multiplying the above and I store it in a clean juice bottle.

When I made it for my club I made label of the recipe on my computer and then taped them down on fine mist spray bottles with packing tape. This way they could always find the receipe and make more when they wanted it.

Funny, but I never mist my pad, I spritz the stamp and then scrub on the pad. I think in the begining I used to mist the pad and somewhere along the way I stopped. Don't know why???
Instead of the rose water, I use Lavender scented baby wash. There are other scents of baby wash too. It's nice to have a pleasant smell.

My Gallery
Capricious Creations

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

I wash my scrub pads every month after my stamp camps are done. I let them soak in the sink in soapy dish soap water a few hours or sometimes overnite. Then I stand them up in the dish drainer to dry. Sometimes it will take a couple of days for them to dry. The water will look like tea! But my pads look great and it keeps my stamps cleaner.
Easy off bam works great on stamps that are in bad shape. I bought a set one time that had dried up paint and ink mixed on them and I didn't realize it. I sprayed that on the rubber and scrubbed with a tooth brush and it all came off!
Reply With Quote Likes