Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-20-2005, 10:01 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many cards at one sitting???

I was just curious as to how each of you handle your own personal stamping sessions?? I wonder how many cards you make at a sitting, how long you spend stamping each day (or week), how long it takes you to look at all your stuff before deciding what your going to make first, etc.

I find that I typically spend 2-3 hours at a time stamping and will not actually start for about 30-45 min in. I only stamp 2-3 times a week (I have a 2 and 3 year old.....arrgggh!) And I make about 4-8 cards at a time.

Just wondering if that is about the norm.........BTW--workshops don't count....I'm talking about personal (or small group) stamping.
Thanks for sharing!!

Jen
PS-I am SOOOO excited because our roommate is moving out next week....and hubby and I are taking his room. It has been off limits to the kids for 2 years....so I think it will be easy to keep them out so that I can stamp! I will also now have enough room to have an actaul spot to keep my stamp junk on ALL THE TIME!! No more spending 20 minutes "setting" up my stuff!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2005, 10:08 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I think the most cards I've ever made at one time was 4. I make a card for a certain person, for a certain reason. I don't usually have too many to make at once.

I try to stamp once a week, makes it seem worth it. I have 4 kids, ages 6 and under. I've learned to do it with them around.

I don't have a stamp space. I have a big Rubbermaid type box with my stuff in it, in my bedroom. I have to get that out every time I stamp and go to my dining room table, so I try to do at least 2 cards to make it worth it.

Right now I'm making my daughter's birthday party invitations, includes stamping on vellum, so that's taking up my time. I did stamp 6 pages of vellum one afternoon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2005, 10:34 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

In that past few weeks, since finding this site, I'm stamping alot more. I will CASE a card from the gallery. I spend at least an hour looking through the gallery for "my" idea. Then, I make sure I own everything I need. My kids go to bed at 8, so by 8:30 I'm at the kitchen table making 8 of the same card. I don't like one-of-a-kind cards. I'm less likely to give them away. It takes me anywhere from 2 - 5 hours depending on steps and difficulty to make my 8 cards. So, 1 to 3 nights. If that's all I get done in a week, yeah for me! If I get more done - BONUS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2005, 10:52 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Depends on the Cards I guess - I can sit down and do 1 - 2 swaps a night which is 11 cards per swap - If they are my own cards for friends, family etc then i put more work in to them and i can do as little as one card a night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2005, 11:00 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

I stamp every day! I'm lucky like that.

I spend probably about 3 hours each day actually designing or stamping/scrapping... the rest of my time I'm on SCS. I may make 2 or 3 cards at a time. I don't have to set my stuff up, it's in its own room... right now I am working on a 55+1 swap doing the faux leather technique (what the heck was I thinking??!!!?!?!??!) so that has been taking ALL of my stamping time. And I'm one of those people that takes out 4 or 5 stamp sets before I figure out what I'm actually going to put on the paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2005, 11:11 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I have just set up my stamping room so now I'm able to stamp more often. I generally stamp 10-20 cards at each sitting. Its so much easier now that everything is in reach and I don't have to drag everything to the dining room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

It depends on a few factors for me. How much time I have during my toddler's nap, how much energy I have at night when she's in bed by 8pm, how much creative juices I have flowing. A few weeks ago, I was on a creative high and created so many cards. It felt so good! It doesn't come like that very often. For me, on average in one good long sitting I would make approx 4-5 cards. I usually make 1 of a kind cards. I am trying to tell myself to make 2 or more of the same if I am happy with the card because it is hard for me to give them away even if I scan them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2005, 11:45 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I stamp a few times a week in the evening...

I usually do things in steps - as when I make a card I usually try to make 10 or so at a time (I am trying to stockpile for craft fair and for when people ask me - do you have a card for such and such) - I must say when I do the steps it usually from a card I am casing from here...

So
on night one I might cut all the material I need
on night two I do the stamping
on night three I put all the cards together (usually have a layer or 2)

Sometimes I am doing a fairly simple card then I can whip out a bunch all at once...

I always try to make a few cards of the same type at the same time - since I have all the stuff out to make that particular card...

I have a permanent set up in the corner of my bedroom with all my stamping stuff so I don't have to spend time getting all my stuff out and set-up...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2005, 01:53 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
I
So
on night one I might cut all the material I need
on night two I do the stamping
on night three I put all the cards together (usually have a layer or 2)
Oh my gosh! There is NO WAY I could do this!! I am definetly an instant gratification person! That is why stamping is so appealing......I can plan, organize, make, and send out a card in under an hour start to finish. That is probably why I am not into scrapping either.....takes too long!

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2005, 04:03 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I usually have to start my stamping session by cleaning up what my 2 dds have gotten into while I was away. I have a counter/drawer space in the basement where I can leave everything out so I am not dragging stuff to the kitchen table.

I spend about 1 hour 2-3 times a week (I work on T/TH) card making. When I make a card, I make 8-20 cards of the same type. I don't get done each time, but I can come back to the project without having to put it all away.

Question for you all - - - do you get as much done when you stamp with your girlfriends? Do you really get down to stamping or is more time spent talking and sharing?

kk

ps. Would like to stamp more, but not enough time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2005, 04:08 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraftingkk
Question for you all - - - do you get as much done when you stamp with your girlfriends? Do you really get down to stamping or is more time spent talking and sharing?

kk

ps. Would like to stamp more, but not enough time!
I don't like to stamp with other people. I don't pay attention and do a good job IMO. If I'm going to chat and hang out with friends, I'd rather do it without stamping.
When I stamp I need to think about it, decide what card I'm making, for who, for what occasion. I can't do it with people around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2005, 07:59 PM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Before I found SCS, I would go to my stamp room and stare at my stamps and finally get some inspiration. With all the talent on this site, I have so much inspiration. Now, I go down to the stamp room with a certain idea in mind, pick the colors and stamps and make it up with no problem. When I make a card, the most time consuming thing is the creation and adjustments to get it to my liking. I then make 7 more! They are so quick compared to the first. I spend variable times during the week. If my granddaughter is sleeping, I stamp. Days I don't have her, I stamp for several hours. I try to avoid stamping when my DH is home as my time should be with him then.......unless he is in the garage working on the cars........then I bail!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2005, 11:11 PM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

not counting the 2 nights a month at stamp camp and stamp night, and not counting anything special like invitations/thank yous.....I get in usually one long night a week, typically saturday night since sunday DH lets me sleep till noon or so and deals with the munchkins. So tonight I got started around 10 and went till about 2 with a 20 minute feeding the baby break at about 130. I got 6 cards done.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:19 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

My "stamping space" is on a built in desk in the kitchen, and when the kids see that I am in the kitchen they think they need fed, or a drink, so I can have one project out for half a day before it is finished. I have found that it is a good thing in the end, because I can look at it when I go by and get different ideas on how to finish it. I do stamp every day because of this as well. I find I get 1-2 cards done a day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2005, 03:20 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Talking

This is a testimony to my addiction.

I have a notebook in the car and when I have down time (waiting to pick up kids at school, appointments, traffic) I work on sketching designs. This way I am ready to go stamp when I have the time. I find making the design in a separate step allows me to focus more and make tweeks before I get started.

Then, when I stamp, I usually make atleast 6 of each card. I have a large inventory of general use cards so I can be ready at a moments notice. This is not to say I don't make unique cards for special occassions or immediate family, but for those quick 'thinking of you', 'thank you notes', and general birthday greetings, it works beautifully. But you need to know I mail about 6 cards every week...let's just say hallmarks stock went down when I started to stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 08:47 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Hmm good question. Before I was ill, I used to sit all day and night and just stamp and would do about 50-70 cards depending on the style and other projects. Now with my fibro I can sit down for about an hour or so, and do about a swap or two which would consist of about 20 cards or so. It depends on how fast I am moving and how intricate the project is.
The Angel Company Demonstrator #1260
Team Leader of The Elegant Diva Stamp Angels!
Email
Reply With Quote Likes