Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-15-2006, 07:58 AM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. Benko
I have asked this question before and never got an answer. The girls with the unmounted stamp sets - I know you put them in CD cases but how do you label them? The sides are maybe 3/16" thick or do you label on the tops?
I went to Avery.com and found a cd case insert for MS Word and use that to put the set name on the ends and a .jpg of the stamps in the set on the top. If I have to use 2 cases I may circle the stamps in each case so I know which are where. Mine are stored in alpahbetical order, that way I can actually find them after looking through the binder that has all the sets stamped on the pages. Might be a bit unwieldy, but it seems to work for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 08:08 AM   #42  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

A friend said she's going to sort hers by the order they're in her stamp index book. (number the index pages, then number the sets)
I totally get and can see how your way of keeping stamp sets would be good.

I do not understand what it is your friend does. Could you give me some more info?

I am in the process of organizing my 300+ sets.

Thanks.

cadyetx
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 08:12 AM   #43  
Crimping Master

Default stamp storage

I first had my craft room in the basement, where I used the cold air return above my desk and metal flashing on the rafters, added magnets to the cases and stuck them up by catagory...now I am in the attic (storm flood) and have sloped ceilings...used metal (magnetic) flashing from home depot, screwed to the walls, and stuck them up again...makes life so much easier to see what I have.
Rachel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 08:12 AM   #44  
Cardstock Collector

I store mine by theme: Holidays, Flowers, Alphabets, Say it with stamps, misc(all year sets), kids, shapes. It works well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #45  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faereygirl
Mine are all unmounted and stored in CD cases....I try to keep them in alphabetical order, but you know, that doesn't always happen. ;)
I have unmounted my retired sets and they are currently on a cd case - it has 4 "shelves" and they fit great. Now I have to figure out how to get the name of the stamp set on the tiny side of the cd case.

However, I did discover that I could also fit the mounted sets on the cd case (on their sides) and they fit well like that. That way, I don't have to "lift" up each set and grab the one I want from the bottom.

I still need to figure out the organization. I get paralyzed by sets that are not totally one thing - Christmas, birthday, all sentiments (no images) - beyond this, I am LOST!

cadyetx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 08:20 AM   #46  
Embossing Fanatic

For those who store them unmounted --- what do you do when you use them? Do you still use your wood block? If so, what do you use to temporarily mount it?

I'm currently more of a hobby demo, but hope to find a workshop base, so I need to think of how that would work that way. end quote

I mount mine on acrylic blocks. Some people take all of the foam off the unmounted SU stamps and then mount them on something called EZ Mount (I think). I find that to be a pain, so I just put a layer of Cylene's (or whatever her name is) Tacky Over and Over glue. It creates an acrylic usable base over the SU foam. Excellent, cheap, and easy.

If you plan on demonstrating to anyone, be sure to know that SU requires that demos use mounted stamps for demonstration purposes. I, like you, am also a hobby demonstrator, but I only unmount my retired sets on the off-chance that I might do a workshop or two (I also run a stamp club each month). So keep that in mind.

cadyetx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 08:40 AM   #47  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still have about 50 mounted SU sets, but everything else has been un-mounted (no cushion even) and have been filed by company TAC, SU, HA, CHF, etc, in Karen Foster Snap Photo Boxes.

I know my inventory (all ?? 325+ sets) and can go right to the box and pull it out.

This has saved eons of space and leaves room to add more! Organization of supplies is over half the battle!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 08:41 AM   #48  
Compulsive Stamper

I bought Elfa storage units and keep my stamps in drawers sorted by occasion � Xmas, birthdays, etc. The shallowest drawers are perfect for two layers of boxes.

For my individual stamps, I purchased jewelry display cases � those black plastic containers that are 1� deep and usually have a sheet of foam in it to protect jewelry. Buy them without the foam insert and they�re the perfect depth for one layer of stamps. The shallowest Elfa drawers can accommodate three stacked on top of each other. It�s an easy way to pull the individual stamps out of the drawer and be able to scan them. The trays are pretty inexpensive � I found them on the internet for 80 cents a piece if you bought 30 or more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldsmommy81
I only have one stamp set right now but I love all the ideas I am getting on how to organize them all as I am working on building a collection! Keep them coming!
You only have one stamp set?!?!?! Wow i cant even remember that time in my life (it must have been dark gloomy... and unembellished. )

You grow girl!
your might to all who are to come...Psalm71:18
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

b-t-w how do you unmount your mounted sets?... I've not even thought of that... after you know all the trimming and mounting i've done..
is it worth it?
your might to all who are to come...Psalm71:18
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 09:58 AM   #51  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going unmounted is the best way! The space that is saved, well, think one shelf with photo boxes VS 320+ SU or TAC cases!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 10:05 AM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

This discussion has been very enlightening! I have about 115 SU! stamp sets, but I had about 700-800 individual stamps before I became a demo in 2004. I packed away all the others so I could concentrate on SU! for a while, but now I want them out where I can see them. I keep all SU! sets in their boxes with the names on the right-hand side and have put all these plastic boxes in cardboard boxes on the floor (DH doesn't want me putting shelves on the wall; actually if he had his druthers, he'd toss everything in the garbage!) So, I'm going to purchase wire shelving from Sam's Club ($79) which has about 6 shelves. Unmounteds go on cling plastic in a large notebook.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

What??? ldsmommy81, you only have one stamp set??? Where'd you get this type of restraint? :-) I couldn't survive with only one! How do you do it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

I sort mine by using the categories in the catalog. I have LOTS of people come over & use my stamps for classes, etc., so they are all labeled with a sticker so they easily get put back in the right place!!! It works great for me and great for them, because it's easy to find what you are looking for when all the "Flowers" are together and all the "Say It with Stamps" are together, etc.

Check out my blog: http://www.jenstamps.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 12:33 PM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

I'm torn about SU going unmounted..if and when it ever happens.
I just love to see my stamps...although, I have to admit...I can't really see them stacked end on end on my bookcase shelves.
I guess i'm just old school. lol
I like seeing the blocks! How did everyone who went unmount actually take the plunge?
Did you cry at all? lol

Frances
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #56  
Compulsive Stamper

Talking Organizing

WOW! Can some of you come live w/ me and organize me? Of course, you'll have to stay a long time because you'll have to do it over and over again-every time I stamp!

I just keep mine according to box size, and somewhat broken down (Monograms and backgrounds, sentiments, Christmas etc.). The by the page thing intrigues me, however. I have so many stamps I stopped counting, but keep only current ones in my stacked "milk crates" (probably 100 sets). I don't have time or room to organize further, but truthfully don't spend a lot of time looking for a set because I put a big white label on the end of the box and hand write in the name of the set. When it retires (from the main catty, it gets moved out to another bookcase (or two or three!). The next step is having my daughter (one of five children) graduate from college and give up her room! When they're all gone, and their rooms are full pf stamps, I guess I'll have to start consolidating, but not getting rid of them! (I've already given my husband instructions that if I die, and the kids don't cherish the stamps like I do, give first choice to my most loyal Stamp Club customers, then to the children!) For now, it's crowded, but I'm a happy stamper and scrapper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 01:06 PM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Question Unmounting stamps???

Quote:

Originally Posted by neece
I'm sure when I post this I will have to dodge rotten tomatoes being hurled at me. LOL

Seriously, I know many SU people would probably have a hissy fit about this, but honestly, I didn't have the room for all my mounteds, and a girl must keep collecting stamps, right? So here goes... I UNMOUNTED all my wm's that were practical to do so with and store them with the shoebox method (a couple photoboxes with 5x8" index cards). There, I said it. Now I am ducking underneath my 'puter desk... teehee

I have heard this before but never fully underestood. If they are not mounted how do you stamp with them? Can you use the clear blocks? If so, is there any special preparation to get it to work? It does sound like it would be more compact to store, maybe even in a notebook w/ in sheet protectors.

Sue S -- Alwayscraftin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 01:34 PM   #58  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sort mine by catagory like they are in the catty. Then I put them in size order in a pantry closet I bought at Target. Now when I use them and I can't remember which catagory they are in, then they end up piled on my desk until I have time to look them up again. Still working on that. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #59  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

P.S. Unmounted is not for me. It was hard enough to mount them once. If I had to do it everytime I wanted to use them. ugggh. I hate thinking about that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 02:16 PM   #60  
Cardstock Collector

Brilliant! I wonder how long it would take me to start with that system now. I probably have about 50 sets. I'm busy getting ready for a craft fair but come December that might be a good project. Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 02:26 PM   #61  
Crimping Master

My tip can be applied to mounted or unmounted and is related more to locating the stamp in your storage system than actually storing them. I've read about a system for labeling stamp sets so that they are "organized" once and for all - no shuffling with the new catalog, moving from the current catty to retired pile, etc.

1. Start by inventorying your stamps - copy in a binder, whatever works for you.
2. Then, decide on how the stamps will be stored - on shelves, in storage boxes, whatever works for you.
3. Now, here's the key - number the shelves, drawers, boxes, whatever you are using. If you are stacking several SU cases on shelves, you might have to number each stack as well (shelf 1, stack 2).
4. Now place your cases wherever they fit well but note in your inventory binder which box they are in, which shelf they are on, whatever you are using.

With this system, your flowers may be in several locations, but you will always be able to find the one you want because you've noted its location in your inventory binder.

If you organize your binder by topic and you have a stamp that belongs to more than one topic, just stamp it in each topic for your inventory, but label it with its single location in both places in your inventory.

Make sense?

I got this off the scraprack.com website on organization tips. I haven't done it for myself yet, but will when I get the chance. I have all my sets in a binder, I just need to set up the boxes the way I want and note the location of each set.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 02:29 PM   #62  
Rubber Obsessor

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, in a tiny little home bursting at the seams with love!

ok, about UNMOUNTING your stamps... have you run into stamp sets or backgrounds that are too big for CD cases and what do you do? (i guess a set of alphabets would have to go in more than one case?) Do you unmount them from the foam so it's just rubber?
I am considering this, I am nervous about it, however.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 02:33 PM   #63  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Hi,

I've found a great way to organize mine. It takes a little time if you have older sets or some from minis, but it works great. I cut out (or photocopied) all of the sets that I have. I had them laminated. I bought open front storage bins (I got mine at Target or Lowes) and numbered them. I put up two large cork boards that I bought from Target. I organized my stamps the way I wanted them on the cork boards and numbered the set and the picture on the cork board with whatever bin number it went in. I hope this makes sense. Basically, you look up at the cork board and find the set you want to use and it has a sticker on it with a bin number. That stamp set is in that bin number. When you are finished, it is easy to put back because the set is numbered as well. The trick is finding copies of the old mini catalogs. I got mine from the demonstrator I bought the sets from. Just one idea. I'm sure there are many!:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammystamps
Hi,

I have probably 50 or so sets of SU stamp sets. Currently, they are organized according to case size on a shelf. However, I am probably one set away from having no room left and heaven forbid that I refrain from buying a new set as I'm out of room. :rolleyes:

How do you store and organize them?

Thanks,

Cammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #64  
Rubber Obsessor

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, in a tiny little home bursting at the seams with love!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse
Going unmounted is the best way! The space that is saved, well, think one shelf with photo boxes VS 320+ SU or TAC cases!
OMG........I feel faint......320+ SU sets????
I bow to you, KPHORSE, of Butte County California!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #65  
Rubber Obsessor

How do you ppl have 300+ SU sets????
My poor husband will stop by my SU cabinet, open the doors and look at my humble 72 sets and 12 wheels and sigh with great drama and walk away shaking his head.

If he read these posts, I would be BANNED from SCS for reasons of you all being a bad influence!!

I'm thinking I must....MUST...go unmounted so he will stop seeing dollar signs floating off the shelves of my cabinet...((chuckle))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 184 Likes on 152 Posts

After I put the SU sticker on the stamp box I put a file folder label on the inside of the box behind the sticker so it is white. It makes it easier to see the name of the stamp set.
I put my set by holiday or type of set and put them standing up in shoe box lids or shoe boxes. Then when I need something, I just pull the box lid out with the set.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you store & organize your stamp sets?-stickers-behind-label-inside_small.jpg   How do you store & organize your stamp sets?-stamp-set-storage_small.jpg  
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 03:12 PM   #67  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I know I will shock a few, but I took all of my sets out of the original boxes and put them in plastic file folders- the kind with 2 buttons and the string you wrap around the buttons. If you fill them the stamps hold each other nicely- if they aren't full it's not so good. Anyway they are arranged by topic, and yes I separated sets!!!! I do have a master list by set in a binder. I keep all phrase stamps in purple, Christmas in red, Outlines stamps in blue (3 folders just for those) etc.

Right now they all sit on edge on some shelves my Brother in law built for me- but in my dreams I want this system I saw at convention http://stores.ebay.com/foxfactory/BE...rganizers.html

No I am not a demo- so I don't need the sets together
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 03:12 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadyetx
Quote:

A friend said she's going to sort hers by the order they're in her stamp index book. (number the index pages, then number the sets)
I totally get and can see how your way of keeping stamp sets would be good.

I do not understand what it is your friend does. Could you give me some more info?

I am in the process of organizing my 300+ sets.

Thanks.

cadyetx
She has her sets stamped (or copied the sticker sheet before mounting.... you could still copy after mounting, too) on sheets of paper, placed in page protectors, all in a binder. This is her "index" book. The pages are numbered, then the stamp sets marked with the corresponding number. It doesn't matter what order her pages are in... she can even have more than one copy of a page to put into different categories. Since the pages are numbered, and the sets are in numerical order, she can just go to the shelf and find the set she needs. I hope this makes more sense!

This is totally what I would do if I kept my retired sets. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 03:16 PM   #69  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile

I have my stamp sets stored on a shelf by box size too. But when I get a new set I scan the sheet before I put it on the wood & mount the stamp. I send it to my desktop where I have a folder for all my sets. When I need a stamp I just open my folder & search for what I want.

My friend gave me this idea and it works great for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 03:19 PM   #70  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb20crazy
The next step is having my daughter (one of five children) graduate from college and give up her room! When they're all gone, and their rooms are full pf stamps, I guess I'll have to start consolidating, but not getting rid of them! (I've already given my husband instructions that if I die, and the kids don't cherish the stamps like I do, give first choice to my most loyal Stamp Club customers, then to the children!) For now, it's crowded, but I'm a happy stamper and scrapper!

That is incredibly funny!! :-D My niece (who at the time was around 7) asked me if she can have all my stamp stuff when I die. I guess I better get a will together. :rolleyes:

There are so many great ideas. I am not ready for the UM plunge, cause I have several hundred sets and no time to convert. But it may come to that someday. I've been considering the binder idea to know what I have. Right now all my SU sets are set on their sides on shelves on my wall. I have them mostly sorted by size only. I got some good ideas from here on how to sort within the size. I think I may choose to sort by category.

Thanks everyone for sharing your wonderful ideas. It's interesting to see how others get and try to stay organized.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

An idea if you like to sort by size-- use the binder idea (copy/stamp your sets on index sheets) then do the numbers by case size... so the smallest cases are numbered "A1, A2, A3," etc. Next size up are "B1, B2, B3," then come "C1, C2, C3," and so on. Make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #72  
Rubber Obsessor

I made a binder as well and it has become my stamping bible. I have a sections: xmas, floral, kids, masculine, backgrounds, etc. I also did a "words" section for all my sentiments. If a set comes with a sentiment, I stamp the sentiment into my "words" section and then write the name of the stamp set underneath the sentiment so I can find it later. Let's me mix and match images and sentiments better. I still stamp the complete set with the sentiment in the original section. I also did a page with all my punches, shapes puched out in hot pink and taped onto copy paper. Let's me reference my creativity easier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 04:01 PM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

I store my stamp sets on the Best Rack in Town....

I happened on this candy rack at an awesome price when Media Play was going out of business. I love it because I sit right across from it and can see most of my stamp sets. My alphabets and AYC sets on a book case next to the Best Rack in Town.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you store & organize your stamp sets?-bestrack.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 04:02 PM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not a Demo, so I don't have a TON of stamp sets (yet) I have a little over 100.
I love my little (cheapo) 4x6 photo albums with the sets stamped on Index cards. I like to flip through the album for ideas. I have one for 'general' sets... and one for b/g's and word sets.
I don't keep my sets, on the shelf, in any order, but I try to stamp a piece of c/s with what's in the case so I can spot the set easier.

(p.s. I've told my friend she must come over here and post a picture of her rack that she has.... you all will have rack envy when/if she does!) ;)
Attached Thumbnails
How do you store & organize your stamp sets?-dscn7259.jpg   How do you store & organize your stamp sets?-dscn7261.jpg   How do you store & organize your stamp sets?-dscn7257.jpg  

I *heart* My Computer
Because a lot of my best friends live in it!!
Thanks SCS.... for providing a place to cultivate priceless friendships!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

ah ha... I see Becky DID get over to show you her awesome rack!! ;)

I *heart* My Computer
Because a lot of my best friends live in it!!
Thanks SCS.... for providing a place to cultivate priceless friendships!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 05:20 PM   #76  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by belindaking
An idea if you like to sort by size-- use the binder idea (copy/stamp your sets on index sheets) then do the numbers by case size... so the smallest cases are numbered "A1, A2, A3," etc. Next size up are "B1, B2, B3," then come "C1, C2, C3," and so on. Make sense?
Wow Belinda - have you been in my stamp room? That is exactly how I decided to sort my stamps. I store them by case size in storage boxes and lable the sides with the smallest cases being A's and the largest cases being E's. The stamp sets in the small cases are labeled A1 A2 A3 etc.

I use excel spreadsheets to list my stamps - I started by sorting my list from A1 A2 ... with the name of the stamp set. I use this sheet when I get new sets so I know what # is next. I then use the excel sort feature and sorted the list alphabetically. So if I know I want say "Heartfelt Thanks" I check my alphabetical list and see it is D17 - so I know excatly where to find it. It is also really easy to put them away.

For the labels, I just made up a template and printed on a full sheet label and cut them out along the lines.

I also have a binder with the images from a set on a sheet in a page protector (sorted by category like the catalogue) - the stamp set name and my # are also on the sheet ie Heartfelt Thanks D17.

I am going to try to attach photo and my excel documents.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you store & organize your stamp sets?-dcp_0847.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: xls Stamp Sets List.xls (38.5 KB, 79 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 07:18 PM   #77  
Mad Swapper

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Another idea for those who keep a binder or want to start a binder. You could copy the label sheet before you mount your stamps, or you could copy or scan the picture of the set off the pages of the catalog. This would be much easier than flipping the stamp set over onto a scanner or copy machine. Dont ask me how many stamps sets I flipped over before I "figgered" out that it would be easier to copy the darn label first!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 07:48 PM   #78  
Stampin' Fool

I haven't read all the responses, but I plan to display my stamp sets on a large empty wall in my stamp room so that I can see them all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2006, 10:40 PM   #79  
Inking Addict

I have kept one catalog/idea book extra since I started and use it ONLY for cutting out the pages of the stamps I have. I then insert them into page protectors of a 3 ring binder. I can look through this notebook of stamps I have for ideas or to decide what I want to use. I have taken all my background stamps and put them in the next smaller box that they fit very nicely in without wasted space. They (background) are all kept in one stack on my shelf above my work table. I have taken most of the "words" out of my stamp sets, and have placed them in the largest stamp boxes (from S.U.) and have arranged them in catagories. For example, "holidays", Christmas, birthday, get well, sympathy, misc., etc. All my "words" stamps are in 2 stacks in my shelves just above the table. I have the others sorted by size of box (some have 2 sets in one box with both labels on end of box, (left and right side of end)). I have the smaller ones placed on the shelf so my paper cutter fits on the shelf in front of them for easy access. To the back of my table under the shelf I have my emboss powders all together in an open box, with them all stamped on a white sheet of paper and labels so I know what they look when embossed. I have 3 shelves. I store my paper in the office vertical divider storage things.

This stamp storage works for me for now. . . . I do like the alpha idea by box size. Had been thinking of doing that but just haven't had the time......

Sure are some great ideas here though! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 02:43 AM   #80  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Yikes - never thought about running out of room :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhyrkas
Like you, I came to SAB time last winter and didnt have any more room. And heaven forbid I stop shopping (gasp!), so I decided to go to an unmounted system. I cut my storage needs in half OR MORE by storing the sets in empty CD cases, then group by style- flowers, masculine, Christmas, words, etc. I have stamped (or copy the image sheet when you get a new set, or print off the index from this site) in a 3ring binder that I can browse through to see what sets I own. I'm really happy with my decision and if you have any questions, feel free to pm me.
New stamper. Only have 3 sets so far. Never gave any thought to running out of storage room. I read a lot of suggestions that indicate removing the rubber stamp from the wood mount and storing in CD cases. Sounds like a neat idea but how do you "evenly" stamp your image without the wood backing? I know, I know . . . what are you going to do with these new people? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes