Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,165 Likes on 498 Posts
Default How do you all a ford the differnce stamps?

Hello everyone,

I have a questions How do you all a ford the differnce stamps? out there that are so cute. I am down some what. I solid a bunch of stamps at yard sale. and tired of the stamps I have. And on fixed income. And can't ford all the cute see. Most overseas.

And I can't order online, That is a house rule. I belong to Rak wishes thread here. But there is so many do's and don't the angel poicly. And such it had for me to wished for things. I love Rak wishes don't get wrong. I am just trying figure out. how to my hand on cute stamps? Like the fallowing: Just to give you ideal what type stamps like.
Any subguestion on this topic would be appericated There is more I love companies some I wishes for another can't for because The angel pocily but have much lucky on get my hand this cute image those great companies.

penny black

Panny Jhonson

Elisabethbell

Stampaive

Sarah Kay
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps you can find local groups on Meetup or demonstrators that host crops where you can all bring what you have and swap, or just use each other's stamps for the event.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #3  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

I have found that digital stamping allows for more variety. You can find so many cute free images on Pinterest and also on Facebook. Plus Digital Images are a fraction of the cost of traditional stamps. I still love the cling/wood/clear stamps but don't buy them often (also because of the costs.....not on a fixed income but it's a struggle sometimes to make ends meet).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I too, am on a fixed income and I am a member of the WRAK group here on SCS. So, I know all about what you are saying & asking.

I get some of my stamps from Esty or Ebay. Sometimes you can find really good deals. I also check out online groups on Facebook and such. There are some groups where you can TRADE each other for things that you want, for things that you no longer need. I have gotten some GREAT stamps that way too. Then of course, there are the local garage sales... if you are lucky enough to find one that is selling craft related things. Oh, and occassionally our local Salvation Army or other Thrift Stores will have them....and they tend to mark them very cheap because at those stores they don't know the value of them.

Last year I bought 2 Penny Black stamps at the Thrift Shop for 80 cents each!! Can you believe that? Trust me, I am a true BARGIN shopper!

The other way to get various images you may want, is to do 1:1 swaps with others. If it's a small amount of images, say 10 or under, they will usually swap with you. Or, like someone mentioned before, get a group of local stampers together and spend the day stamping images that each other has. I know I have done that and it's a great way to get use out of your own stamps, and to aquire new images for yourself.

I hope my suggestions help. You are welcome to PM me anytime for more info & such. ;)

Crafty Huggles,
Christi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 05:23 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have friends that don't order online. If I am ordering, I'll order for them also. Maybe you could find someone local that orders online and have them order for you?

ETA:

Some online companies will let you place the order by fax or mail also.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Quite simply - I don't. In this hobby, as with most hobbies, it is so easy to get sucked into wanting the latest and the greatest. And I get that, I really do. I love looking at all of the new stuff online, and I watched a bunch of sneak peeks from the new CHA releases last week. Then I think about my kids and how I'm trying to teach them to be content with the things they have, and I think that I need to be a good example.

Basically, if I really love something when it first comes out, chances are I'm still going to love it when it goes on clearance in six months or a year. Sometimes reorganizing or rearranging the stuff I already have inspires me to see it in a different way, and things that are old become new again.

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Do you have a friend or relative that would be willing to place online orders for you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by russnzellaView Post
I have found that digital stamping allows for more variety. You can find so many cute free images on Pinterest and also on Facebook.
Just please be careful about getting free digital stamps online. Some people share these stamps for free thinking they are helping people out, but they may be violating the copyrights of the artists who created them. The artists make their living by selling their digital stamp images to individuals for their own personal use. If a person buys the image and then shares it freely with other stampers, then it prevents the artist from making more sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

hotwheels, I have a few of the brands on your list in my sell pile! I'd be happy to send them along to you - PM your address to me!

If they are ones you've already had, feel free to pass them along to someone else.

It may be a few weeks before I can dig them out. I put my sell items in boxes buried deep in my closet because I missed the summer customer garage sale at an LSS, so I won't be selling them until fall. But when I dig them out, I'll pop them in the mail to you .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is wishrak still viable here on SCS? That is a great way to get some images.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello there,
Do you know how I would search for things like you say? thanks hotwheels thank for your help.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
Perhaps you can find local groups on Meetup or demonstrators that host crops where you can all bring what you have and swap, or just use each other's stamps for the event.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I have found that digital stamping allows for more variety. You can find so many cute free images on Pinterest and also on Facebook. Plus Digital Images are a fraction of the cost of traditional stamps. I still love the cling/wood/clear stamps but don't buy them often (also because of the costs.....not on a fixed income but it's a struggle sometimes to make ends meet).
Thanks for Ideal do know the web address your talking about? that would help to know. thanks hotwheels;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddielitterView Post
Quite simply - I don't. In this hobby, as with most hobbies, it is so easy to get sucked into wanting the latest and the greatest. And I get that, I really do. I love looking at all of the new stuff online, and I watched a bunch of sneak peeks from the new CHA releases last week. Then I think about my kids and how I'm trying to teach them to be content with the things they have, and I think that I need to be a good example.

Basically, if I really love something when it first comes out, chances are I'm still going to love it when it goes on clearance in six months or a year. Sometimes reorganizing or rearranging the stuff I already have inspires me to see it in a different way, and things that are old become new again.

HTH!
I really agree with you. 1 1/2 years ago, i had a stroke and went on disability which really limits the crafting dollars. But I have discovered that I really don't need or want the latest and greatest. Over many years I have accumulated so many stamps, paper, dies and punches. Quite of few of them have not been used, so my new mantra is "what is old is new again" and they are now getting used. I am now having so much fun using my old stamps and dies. In fact, I am having so much fun that I am finally going to start a gallery here on SCS and you will be able to see some old stamps used on them. Some of them will be DOTS/CTMH.

You can have fun with what you have and make do with your supplies. Just call it the "retro look".

Good Luck
Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks I might pm you so time I did not listed all the stamps. Because I don't wanted to over load people that read this. thanks hotwheels;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craf-T-BearView Post
I too, am on a fixed income and I am a member of the WRAK group here on SCS. So, I know all about what you are saying & asking.

I get some of my stamps from Esty or Ebay. Sometimes you can find really good deals. I also check out online groups on Facebook and such. There are some groups where you can TRADE each other for things that you want, for things that you no longer need. I have gotten some GREAT stamps that way too. Then of course, there are the local garage sales... if you are lucky enough to find one that is selling craft related things. Oh, and occassionally our local Salvation Army or other Thrift Stores will have them....and they tend to mark them very cheap because at those stores they don't know the value of them.

Last year I bought 2 Penny Black stamps at the Thrift Shop for 80 cents each!! Can you believe that? Trust me, I am a true BARGIN shopper!

The other way to get various images you may want, is to do 1:1 swaps with others. If it's a small amount of images, say 10 or under, they will usually swap with you. Or, like someone mentioned before, get a group of local stampers together and spend the day stamping images that each other has. I know I have done that and it's a great way to get use out of your own stamps, and to aquire new images for yourself.

I hope my suggestions help. You are welcome to PM me anytime for more info & such. ;)

Crafty Huggles,
Christi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been look for some like but very find people don't trust people anymore like the old day. Do you have a list companies that will you mail orders? I did not listed all the companies I like because I don't want to over wellhelm people. Some of the companies I don't even know to look them up online to find out if they took mail order.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
I have friends that don't order online. If I am ordering, I'll order for them also. Maybe you could find someone local that orders online and have them order for you?

ETA:

Some online companies will let you place the order by fax or mail also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree to what you are talk. But I don't even wanted brand new things for say. I don't care used. I just can't find things around were I live. I just like some of the cute things to play with, and share with others. I would used stuffed any day if I can find it. I appericed your thoughts. But, I think you mess my point here. I was not talking new at the CHA this year or any other years. I was talk stamps in General thanks hotwheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddielitterView Post
Quite simply - I don't. In this hobby, as with most hobbies, it is so easy to get sucked into wanting the latest and the greatest. And I get that, I really do. I love looking at all of the new stuff online, and I watched a bunch of sneak peeks from thereleases last week. Then I think about my kids and how I'm trying to teach them to be content with the things they have, and I think that I need to be a good example.

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
Do you have a friend or relative that would be willing to place online orders for you?
I know people who do but, it craft stuffed. so they clue what to order even if I showed them I think. They don't have clue about crafting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
hotwheels, I have a few of the brands on your list in my sell pile! I'd be happy to send them along to you - PM your address to me!

If they are ones you've already had, feel free to pass them along to someone else.

It may be a few weeks before I can dig them out. I put my sell items in boxes buried deep in my closet because I missed the summer customer garage sale at an LSS, so I won't be selling them until fall. But when I dig them out, I'll pop them in the mail to you .
thanks I will pm you in a bit! thanks hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
blessings.
yes..... But like I say they change rules up a bit. with angel pocily. I still belong it. But, I have not had much luck with it either. And hard time figuring how posted wishes more times. thanks hotwheels

Last edited by hotwheels; 08-02-2013 at 10:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
I know people who do but, it craft stuffed. so they clue what to order even if I showed them I think. They don't have clue about crafting!
Hotwheels

What you do is, bring the website up on the screen. Put your order in the cart. Place the order. Have your friend or relative pay for the order on their credit card. Have it shipped to you and in turn you give them the cash to pay on their credit card. This is what I meant.

It is that Simple. You just given them the payment in cash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
blessings.
Amber ~ Yes, the Wish RAK (WRAK) is still up & running. The direct link ofr it is in my siggy below. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
Hotwheels

What you do is, bring the website up on the screen. Put your order in the cart. Place the order. Have your friend or relative pay for the order on their credit card. Have it shipped to you and in turn you give them the cash to pay on their credit card. This is what I meant.

It is that Simple. You just given them the payment in cash.
yes, I know what mean, what I was say my friend or relative. would say is what do you want this LOl They clueless when it comes too crafting Lol;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #23  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Here's a link to a blog that posts freebie digi stamps every day: JustFreebies4U
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks you.... Do you know if can go back and pickup yesterday etc?:cool:

Quote:

Here's a link to a blog that posts freebie digi stamps every day: JustFreebies4U
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Thanks you.... Do you know if can go back and pickup yesterday etc?:cool:
Yes, it looks like you can go back and get them for previous days. Just scroll down.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Yes, it looks like you can go back and get them for previous days. Just scroll down.
thanks for letting me know thanks hotwheels;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have tended to use digital stamps, also and use my computer paint program to resize the images. Can you use digital images, with good results without a resizing computer program. The buy/sell forum is a good place to send off and purchase other stamps, though usually require a paypal account; and doesn't pay if you can only order one set; because you have to include shipping cost. Most towns have craft stores that have a 40% or something coupon; to even make one weekly purchase and not go overboard.
if your not spending a lot on gas.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Hello there,
Do you know how I would search for things like you say? thanks hotwheels thank for your help.;)
Look on craigslist (garage sales, arts/crafts for sale, or events for your local city) or Meetup.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
Look on craigslist (garage sales, arts/crafts for sale, or events for your local city) or Meetup.com
okay thanks;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #30  
Gallery Gazer

Frantic Stamper accepts money order payments, though I don't know quite how it works as a technical matter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Frantic Stamper accepts money order payments, though I don't know quite how it works as a technical matter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2013, 02:51 AM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

I think many, if not most, of us are in the same boat. Don't feel bad. You have a lot of company. Maybe take a drawing class at a local school then you won't need stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

I ask for gift certificates or certain stamps for birthday and Christmas.
Ebay is good too like someone said but shipping can get high. Perhaps there is someone else in your area that you can order with, most places have free shipping if you spend so much. I always want things but hate to order that much so just use what I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

If you sold some at a Yard Sale, then you know that's an excellent way to build up your collection. I have hundreds of wood mount stamps, and I'd guess at least 2/3 of them were under a $1 from a LSS yard sale. I think you should also learn how to carve your own stamps, because that's really affordable. Just find a design you like, make a scan of it, print it out BACKWARDS, trace it to a piece of carbon paper, rub the carbon onto a red eraser, and carve it out. They aren't Tim Holtz, but they can be really really awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

Type in "free Stampavie images" in your search engine and you will find a site where you can download some cute images of the girls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Here are some Stampavie Coloring Pages. Click on an image to enlarge it, then right click it and select "Save image to store it on your computer. Since these are full size pages, you will need to reduce the size before you print if you are going to use on a card.

Last edited by Susan_Stasel; 08-07-2013 at 03:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

As someone said, when people ask what you want for your Birthday or a Holiday tell them a pre-paid Debit card. You can use that on-line and any left over money can be used at any store that takes Credit or Debit cards.

I ask for pre-paid Debit cards rather then store Gift Certificates . This way I can spend the money at any store I want to buy something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

There know away I am handicapped and can't used. and can't used my hands that well. But, I love the ideals. hotwheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonlonesView Post
I think many, if not most, of us are in the same boat. Don't feel bad. You have a lot of company. Maybe take a drawing class at a local school then you won't need stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

I useaully Do but sisters and mom get the certificates at hobby lobby or Michael's because that only store we have.

get
Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyView Post
I ask for gift certificates or certain stamps for birthday and Christmas.
Ebay is good too like someone said but shipping can get high. Perhaps there is someone else in your area that you can order with, most places have free shipping if you spend so much. I always want things but hate to order that much so just use what I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

that sound great but this is a problem. because to things. I have your my hands. I am afraid copy rights and so for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakhuxelView Post
If you sold some at a Yard Sale, then you know that's an excellent way to build up your collection. I have hundreds of wood mount stamps, and I'd guess at least 2/3 of them were under a $1 from a LSS yard sale. I think you should also learn how to carve your own stamps, because that's really affordable. Just find a design you like, make a scan of it, print it out BACKWARDS, trace it to a piece of carbon paper, rub the carbon onto a red eraser, and carve it out. They aren't Tim Holtz, but they can be really really awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes