Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:12 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I sell cards?

I keep reading posts where people discuss selling their cards. I'm hoping that those of you who sell cards can give me some guidance.

I'm new to stamping and am not looking to make a business of it. However, if I could sell cards and make a little money to support my new hobby that would be great!

Who do you sell to, and how did you start selling?

Also, any guidance on how much you charge would be great too.

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by debjcView Post
I keep reading posts where people discuss selling their cards. I'm hoping that those of you who sell cards can give me some guidance.

I'm new to stamping and am not looking to make a business of it. However, if I could sell cards and make a little money to support my new hobby that would be great!

Who do you sell to, and how did you start selling?

Also, any guidance on how much you charge would be great too.

Thanks!
I'm sure that you'll get lots of guidance on this subject.

I personally was sending my handmade cards to family and friends. I had a friend to whom I sent a card make the comment that I should sell my cards and that she would totally be interested. I told her that I would be happy to make cards for her. I started with her and have branched out from there. My sister usually has me make her Christmas cards, etc. I also recently started doing craft shows this fall which I've found are very beneficial and lots of fun as well!

I think pricing really depends on your area. I live in N. VA so things here are a little inflated compared to more rural areas. I typically charge $3 per card and have no problem getting that. Packs of 4 cards are typically $10.

I'd also be interested to hear what others are doing...good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2007, 08:43 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dunno, as I've never tried. But, mebbe this general article will help in some way . . . http://peptogirl.blogspot.com/2007/1...-business.html

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2007, 09:45 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I found customers the same way Lisa did. A few people that I had sent cards to wanted me to make more for them. I always stamp the back of my cards with my personalized SU stamp so people know to come to me for more.
I charge $2 per card. If they want me to use a stamp set I don't have, they buy the set, I use it to make the cards, and they keep the set. Another demo told me about doing that and I am so glad! It keeps my cost down. I think my prices are fair for the area I'm in, although one of my customers thinks I should charge more!
I make enough $$ to keep me in cardstock and snail, so I'm happy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #5  
Inking Addict

Since I started this thread, I wanted to tell you all what happened to me last night. I was out to dinner with my book club, and I'd brought some cards to show them. Basically, I was hoping to interest a few people in taking up stamping so that I could earn free stuff through their purchases and so that I would have someone to stamp with. Well, a couple of people were definitely interested in trying it. But the more amazing thing was that a friend of mine bought a card from me right there and then! My first sale! And my best friend told me she wants to hire me to make invitations and matching thank you's for a bridal shower she is hosting in April! What fun...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

My son was taking my cards to school and giving them to one of his teachers to sell. So far in the last 3 weeks has made a whopping $1500.00. I have provided enough cards to double that....YEEHAH...ding ding ding...hit the jackpot....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh..we sell them for $2.00 apiece. I am sure we could get $3.00 but I am so happy for the volume that I will be happy with the $2.00 each.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

My hubby took 60 of my handmade Christmas and birthday, and thank you cards to work this morning and sold 30 of them in just two hours...gonna have to stock that box and keep him full of cards for when they come looking for more...also selling them for $2.00 each.
Reply With Quote Likes