Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #81  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I, like so many here, got addicted by that drug we so lovingly call SU!!!! It was a "party" and I had no idea what it was really about. Went to hang out with my friend whom I hadn't seen in a long time and I bought and booked a party. Just like that!!!! I have since moved and have no stamping friends now. Need to get out and find me some! I still feel like a beginner but love making all my own cards. I have never scrapbooked but might one day!
#24 Fan!
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #82  
Glitter Guru

Received 370 Likes on 220 Posts

I'm really enjoying all of your stories. Some of them are funny, some are moving, and all are interesting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2010, 05:22 AM   #83  
Kookie Creator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My niece was an SU demonstrator and invited me to a workshop. The rest is history. I helped send her 3 kids to college and now my next door neighbor and friend share my studio and we each purchase stamps, supplies, etc. and combine them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2010, 05:13 AM   #84  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile How I got started ....

I wanted to make something for my mum's 70th so I joined a scrapbook site and bought cardstock, tools etc and made the album. When I'd finished the album I had all this stash that cost me a lot of money so I was encouraged to make cards by online friends and I've never looked back - I love cardmaking and my stash is constantly growing! )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2010, 05:30 AM   #85  
Inking Addict

Default my first card makes me laugh

I always have been crafty (sewing, knitting, crochet and needlepoint), AND THEN WE MOVED FROM MINNESOTA TO WISCONSIN!!!!! A freind was have a gathering of women and I was invited (they all are wxperienced stampers and scrapbookers). They said oh come on, just try. Well I fought it every step of the way, kicking and screaming. I can't do this,I don't know how - you get the picture - long story short, after about 5 hours I had created the worst card in the history of cardmaking - it still makes me laugh when I pull it out to look at. Then the SU demo showed up, and like many of you $$$$$$$$ later, I'm hooked. Actually that same demo just e-mailed me yesterday thanking me for my 2 new recent orders, telling me I had turned into an addict, and did she need to disable my shop now button. While scrapbooking is still not my thing, I love everything cardmaking, much to my DH misery.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes