Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I used Tack n' Peel for a while and disliked it immensely! It was a bigger pain (for me) to store the sticky blocks and to have to flip them over to the non-sticky side to use with photopolymer stamps and what have you, than it was to figure out what to do with the sticky stamps! PLUS - when I tried to get the Tack 'n Peel OFF of the acrylic block, it had fused itself onto a couple of them, and there's still some residue...

I use Sailor 2-in-1 glue on my bare rubber and love it! A girl demo-ing unmounted rubber stamps at an expo that I went to several years ago recommended it, so I bought a couple of "markers" to try (it's got a big chisel tip). Been using it ever since!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to mention that instead of trying to get the Aleene's off of my other unmounted stamps, I tried just using some thin vinyl I bought at Hancock's Fabric store. I'm just placing the stamps with the Aleene's on them foam side (with image sticker) down onto the vinyl, then cutting around the stamp with my scissors. It (so far) seems to stick just as well as the vinyl that comes on current clear-mount SU stamps. At least I don't have to get that awful glue off of all my stamps now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wondering if those that have had problems with Aleene's TIOO followed the directions and removed some of the tackiness by sticking it to your skin a few times before sticking to anything for storage or use? I've just starting using it, testing it out on a few stamps, and have had no problems so far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

I think that a lot of the folks unhappy with the Aileen's Tack it over & over put far too much on their stamps to start with...I use a fan brush from M's and I have had the same bottle for 5+ years and I unmounted 250+ SU sets and all the new rubber I have bought along the way!

It only takes the smallest amount of TIO&O on the rubber, it should be dry in about 10 minutes and I always wrap it over my arm before I put it up the first time...I have never had a problem with any of my stamps!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorseView Post
I think that a lot of the folks unhappy with the Aileen's Tack it over & over put far too much on their stamps to start with...I use a fan brush from M's and I have had the same bottle for 5+ years and I unmounted 250+ SU sets and all the new rubber I have bought along the way!

It only takes the smallest amount of TIO&O on the rubber, it should be dry in about 10 minutes and I always wrap it over my arm before I put it up the first time...I have never had a problem with any of my stamps!
Thanks Karen! I do use a very thin coat and apply them to my arm a few times before use or storage, so I should be fine. I will continue to use TIO&O. Now I just have to find the time to sit down and coat all the stamps I unmounted.
Reply With Quote Likes