Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Do you think the sets in the Holiday Mini are worth it?
I think the product is well worth the price 635 62.19%
I don't think the products are worth the price 386 37.81%
Voters: 1021. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 07:52 PM   #321  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
Hey, I even went on Stampin' Discuss (where I have not set my cursor in YEARS) to see if there were posts urging people to come and vote and nary a one did I find...interesting. I even went and looked on 2Peas and Scrapbook.com and nope...zip!

Funny how these rumors get started...:rolleyes:
Surely, somewhere over the rainbow, or through the woods, there must be a popular site, that you didn't check.

Kathy

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #322  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I really like the old tupperware that is harvest gold, avacado and that orange color ya know? those are the best, the clear are not as good I think.

Is it gross to buy it at goodwill? I see them there sometimes and get tempted.
really....I am liking the clear stuff....I like whatever Alton Brown uses...but I don't think its tupperware.... I like alton brown.....I want to be Alton Brown ( or be with him) ...but anyway...i have a bunch of black rock n serve and I think if it was clear we might remember better that there was FOOD in it and we should EAT. but whatever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 PM   #323  
Pearl-ExPert

Ooops, confused my 'r' words, should have been river, not rainbow. What was I thinking?

Kathy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #324  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

You're right...just in the last 4 hours, there have been 6 more votes added to our side! Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
Is this where I vote? Glad to be of service...lol!:twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #325  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by vbcaserView Post
But anyone who spends $2500 a year on stamps should be a demo (for ANY STAMP company!) and be their own 20% profiteer! I mean, let's me smart about our money here.
I said last year, not every year. At first I bought things on impulse as many have said, and didn't really know how to utilize and save time and money. Now I'm more selective in my choices. I also work a pt job to support my habit, so last year when I got all the inks, craft inks, cardstock, tools, sets I wanted, every embellishment (and I mean every single one of the colored brads 2 containers each, the storage containers yada yada...it added up. I also got ripped off on a few things on eBay, but I fully enjoyed my hostess benefits from the things I purchased through the catty. I spend alot with Pampered Chef too, but I'm not a consultant and I'm sure I spent 4 x that amount at Wal-Mart last year and I'm not an associate there either (for the stock options).

My previous demo asked me many, many, many times to sign up and I told her "no". 199.99 startup includes items I already have, and business supplies that I don't want. I also don't want to hold workshops or stamp camps and I rarely attend them either. I don't think SU! intended for people to become demos just to give themselves a discount on their own purchases...and that IS what many do. Haven't had a workshop or cracked open the cd....it's just not my bag. In fact, when I brought up that issue of the business supplies many people, some even demos told me I could sell them on eBay. Maybe that works for some....it's just not my thing.
I simply buy when and what I want, when I want it.....but I can still point out when something is not worth it.

Danyelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #326  
Gallery Gazer

everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion............i am just crazy about the new catalogue and have to slap my hands every month not to order too much LOL.............and I do like the mini catalogue..........and the fact that they are die cut. just my opinion tho
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #327  
Gallery Gazer

the other thing I look at regarding the price increases is that everything else has gone up too..........just look at gasoline!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:26 PM   #328  
Cardstock Collector

Gas has gone up, milk has gone up, housing has gone up. My wages have not gone up much. So this actually means I have far LESS to spend on stamps than I did a few years ago. When essentials go up, then luxury items like stamps go down on my list unless I can get a real deal on them. I make a reasonable salary but I have several kids to help through college and retirement has to be ahead of stamp sets. Just sayin'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:47 PM   #329  
Sassy Shani

Catie? Dat you?
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdeckerView Post
Gas has gone up, milk has gone up, housing has gone up. My wages have not gone up much. So this actually means I have far LESS to spend on stamps than I did a few years ago. When essentials go up, then luxury items like stamps go down on my list unless I can get a real deal on them. I make a reasonable salary but I have several kids to help through college and retirement has to be ahead of stamp sets. Just sayin'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 03:36 AM   #330  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanonView Post
Catie? Dat you? [/color][/size][/color][/size]
BWAHAHAHAAHH!!!!:mrgreen:

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 03:46 AM   #331  
Kookie Creator

With all this talk about Tupperware I was wondering if anyone has the clearish, slightly colored plastic tumblers. I have two and they are my favorite cups in the world. I want more, but can only find the more solid colored ones. PM me if you want. Long Live Tupperware. BTW I work in the antique mall that my parents own and people are starting to come in looking for Tupperware. Won't pay much, but it's starting. Funny, huh
Proud Angel #3898
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 04:11 AM   #332  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikimomView Post
Ooops, confused my 'r' words, should have been river, not rainbow. What was I thinking?

Kathy
Au contraire...I think over the rainbow is the perfect place to look for all those sites...:mrgreen:

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 04:22 AM   #333  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluebearView Post
really....I am liking the clear stuff....I like whatever Alton Brown uses...but I don't think its tupperware.... I like alton brown.....I want to be Alton Brown ( or be with him) ...but anyway...i have a bunch of black rock n serve and I think if it was clear we might remember better that there was FOOD in it and we should EAT. but whatever.
LOL!! I totally LOVE Alton Brown! He is the FUNNIEST!! I thought I was the only one who had not so pure thoughts about him.... :-D

view my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 04:28 AM   #334  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkessler73View Post
.....but I can still point out when something is not worth it.

Danyelle
Yes you can point out when something is not worth it....TO YOU. That is what an *opinion* is and not everyones' is yours. If everyone thought the same as you...then why do a POLL....wouldn't you already know the answers?

view my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 04:35 AM   #335  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I make a reasonable salary but I have several kids to help through college and retirement has to be ahead of stamp sets. Just sayin'
But if you don't save up stamps for retirement, what are ya gonna do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 04:49 AM   #336  
Stampin' Fool

OH DEAR!! Read the first page and the last page, and WHAT a controversy!!

I had a couple of customers tell me that they weren't impressed with the new catalog. They didn't care for the doodle stamps or the solid stamps. I, on the other hand, loved the new catty, but toned down quite a bit of my ordering to the new In Color products and new embellishments and papers. There are about 10 stamp sets that I want to get, maybe a couple more. I'm like some other posters here in that I don't have a HUGE stamp wish list as I usually do with the new catty.

However, I LOVED the Holiday Mini! Every now and then a mini will come out that I love everything and I end up buying everything. Then one will come along that just doesn't impress me and so I buy only 1 or 2 things to use to demo. Such is life!

We all have a right to our own opinions and a right to express them, AND the right to buy or not to buy!!! Ain't that GREAT?!?!?!?
Rhonda

Come Visit Me At ... A Work In Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 04:52 AM   #337  
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by cramgalView Post
With all this talk about Tupperware I was wondering if anyone has the clearish, slightly colored plastic tumblers. I have two and they are my favorite cups in the world. I want more, but can only find the more solid colored ones. PM me if you want. Long Live Tupperware. BTW I work in the antique mall that my parents own and people are starting to come in looking for Tupperware. Won't pay much, but it's starting. Funny, huh
I have and can find the colored ones also, but really want those clearish ones....they are the best tumblers in the world. If anyone knows where to find them? Sorry to hijack the thread. Except I gather the discussion has taken several tangents!! :mrgreen:

The lady who cleaned her entire kitchen and light fixtures yesterday and still made a meal for her kids, better stop!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 04:59 AM   #338  
Stazon Splitcoast

Last night I had a dream that I hosted a Tupperware party at my house ... I got free Tupperware which was cool but also we were stamping ON the Tupperware. The door prize was a Tupperware container full of stamps. I

... Also, there were many cakes served but I liked the chocolate one with the yellow and peach roses the very best. The girl that brought that cake won the door prize...

I like cake

and Tupperware

oh, and stamps...

I guess I had weird dreams 'cause I was just worn out from all my work yesterday getting demos (and really any random person I could find) to come here and skew the voting results on this poll. It was actually over the river and through the woods and UNDER the rainbow where I found most of 'em hiding out....:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 05:04 AM   #339  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Tracey, I love your vivid sense of humor!! ROFL!!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 05:51 AM   #340  
Stazon Splitcoast

[quote=dkessler73;7015152]I said last year, not every year. I spend alot with Pampered Chef too, but I'm not a consultant and I'm sure I spent 4 x that amount at Wal-Mart last year and I'm not an associate there either (for the stock options).

Ok, point taken - could have joined for a year though and then resigned. You can tailor the starter kit to things you want (you don't have to take it as is...) And I don't work at Target but I use their VISA card so my school gets money... (probably not a good comparison but I get your point is what I am saying).

My previous demo asked me many, many, many times to sign up and I told her "no". 199.99 startup includes items I already have, and business supplies that I don't want. I also don't want to hold workshops or stamp camps and I rarely attend them either. I don't think SU! intended for people to become demos just to give themselves a discount on their own purchases...and that IS what many do. Haven't had a workshop or cracked open the cd....it's just not my bag. In fact, when I brought up that issue of the business supplies many people, some even demos told me I could sell them on eBay. Maybe that works for some....it's just not my thing.
I simply buy when and what I want, when I want it.....but I can still point out when something is not worth it.

Secondly - just wanted to say, I am a hobby demo, I don't buy any SU business supplies. Most of them are available online if I should ever need them, and the ones I got free way back when, just gave my upline. I buy what I want, when I want it. I never have a class, camps or shows - probably not what SU intended for some of us to be but since they allow it and make it easy for me to get a discount, why not? I might add, if I had a customer as yourself - I would give you my discount for spending that kinda money in a year. I am not in this to make money just the pure enjoyment of my own hobby. I enjoy thoroughly the friends I have made, through my group of demos - they all get a kick out of me at every meeting b/c I joke all the time about how I know nothing of convention and sales - I am just there to stamp and learn how cool things can be!

Not your bag, not your style, that's fine, but for some of us it works just fine.

So basically, we can all agree to disagree about how people run their lives and businesses. Mostly I will reiterate - people objected to some of the comments that in truth are derogatory in general. General statements hurt people all the time.

How do you think the republicans feel about being lumped into hypocritical family values??

And - a lot is two words, just saying.

Sorry - so off subject!

"Consider how hard it is to change yourself; and you will understand what little chance you have trying to change others."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 05:52 AM   #341  
Die Cut Diva

Who has time to read this thread? Can't believe there's 9 pages in one days time! This is 'hotter' than CE!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 05:55 AM   #342  
Stazon Splitcoast

And now, I really want some tupperware.

"Consider how hard it is to change yourself; and you will understand what little chance you have trying to change others."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 06:38 AM   #343  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by vbcaserView Post
And now, I really want some tupperware.
<---------wants some too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 06:42 AM   #344  
Stazon Splitcoast

And to think two years ago I had no one to argue with other than my kids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 06:55 AM   #345  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkessler73View Post
I said last year, not every year. At first I bought things on impulse as many have said, and didn't really know how to utilize and save time and money. Now I'm more selective in my choices. I also work a pt job to support my habit, so last year when I got all the inks, craft inks, cardstock, tools, sets I wanted, every embellishment (and I mean every single one of the colored brads 2 containers each, the storage containers yada yada...it added up. I also got ripped off on a few things on eBay, but I fully enjoyed my hostess benefits from the things I purchased through the catty. I spend alot with Pampered Chef too, but I'm not a consultant and I'm sure I spent 4 x that amount at Wal-Mart last year and I'm not an associate there either (for the stock options).

Danyelle
Everything SU! is worth it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:00 AM   #346  
Insane Embellisher

I was sooo sure that after I got up this morning, showered, put my kids on their buses, and got the baby out of bed, that this thread would be a distant memory. Alas, here it is, still on the first page!

I'm always up for a good, clean debate, but how about changing the topic?! Isn't this one getting pretty worn out?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:06 AM   #347  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomof4View Post
I was sooo sure that after I got up this morning, showered, put my kids on their buses, and got the baby out of bed, that this thread would be a distant memory. Alas, here it is, still on the first page!

I'm always up for a good, clean debate, but how about changing the topic?! Isn't this one getting pretty worn out?
My Tupperware is what is worn out...I've found the Tupperware turn this thread has taken has really sealed my interest in this thread. It's locked in the freshness, as it were...:mrgreen:

All I know is that with all these people on this thread who want to buy Tupperware that I picked the wrong company to be a profiteer for....:rolleyes::mrgreen:

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:08 AM   #348  
Stazon Splitcoast

You girls are cracking me up......the thread starts out bashing SU and ends up talking about Tupperware?? LOL!!

I just wanted to add my four and half cents here.........I love stamping and paper crafts and will buy what I like from whoever carries it. There are so many companies out there with so many different things. I don't feel the need to bad-talk the companies I don't like........I just choose to spend my money on the things I do like. Sometimes that changes from season to season.......you can't please all the people all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:10 AM   #349  
Cardstock Collector

Default Question

I have a question for those of you who have not been "wowed" by the latest SU catalogs. Do you already own a large quantity of stamps?

I am pretty new to SU, so I have only seen the previous catalog and the current one. I agree that the new catalog doesn't seem as great as the last one, and I've heard that that has been a trend. Is that simply because we are getting more picky as we own more stamps? I think that is one contributing factor, but I also think that most "crafters" tend not to follow current trends, (except maybe in colors). We are generally too creative for that. One thing I didn't like about the new catalog was the large number of circle stamps. Circles may be in, but how many different circle stamps can one really use? I will be interested to see the Spring catalog.

As for the price, they are still very competitive in my area, where you can only buy single stamps, and they are very pricey.

And I don't think they are retiring any more stamp sets until next summer. Even if they are not in the Spring catalog, you should still be able to order them. They go on a "dormant list," but are still available for purchase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:15 AM   #350  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

My Tupperware is what is worn out...I've found the Tupperware turn this thread has taken has really sealed my interest in this thread. It's locked in the freshness, as it were...:mrgreen:

All I know is that with all these people on this thread who want to buy Tupperware that I picked the wrong company to be a profiteer for....:rolleyes::mrgreen:
And we all like a nice tight seal. (espeically if you are a walrus)

Okay...I'm ducking at all the vegetables being thrown at me!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:27 AM   #351  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWheelerView Post
You girls are cracking me up......the thread starts out bashing SU and ends up talking about Tupperware?? LOL!!

I just wanted to add my four and half cents here.........I love stamping and paper crafts and will buy what I like from whoever carries it. There are so many companies out there with so many different things. I don't feel the need to bad-talk the companies I don't like........I just choose to spend my money on the things I do like. Sometimes that changes from season to season.......you can't please all the people all the time.
LOL 4.5 cents!! See the price of EVERYTHING has gone up!!

view my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:30 AM   #352  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Secondly, as a demo, I never made a cent and I doubt anyone can unless they have huge sales. I averaged $4000 a year. After all my business costs such as bags, forms, deliveries made to homes, labels for catalogs, not to mention my time, that 20 percent did not begin to cut it. After I spent an average of $25 of my own money each time I put on a club or workshop, I would have had to make a huge total sale to even break even. This is not a way to make money and people going in to it for that are going to be shocked at how much money they are spending with SU to even maintain their business costs and keep things going. I honestly believe SU's main income is not the customers but what they require the demos to spend and many of those cannot even see that they are not making any money at this because they look at the sale only without putting all the additional costs into their bottom line.
Just a clarification here...other than the starter kit (which is designed so you DON'T have to buy anything else from SU in order do business as an SU Demo) SU doesn't REQUIRE you to buy anything else to be a demo...yes you have a quota to hit in order to mantain your demo status (should you not have customers that would be your CHOICE to buy products to hit that quota)...but nothing else is required...that is the beauty of running a business your way...as a demo you don't HAVE to purchase bags and forms...as far as deliveries to home (mileage) and other expenses - since it is a business those are business expenses that you can take into account on your taxes...

Maybe you forgot there are far more benefits then just 20% instant income...free stamp sets, overrides, free merchandise and supply items
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:36 AM   #353  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadgeRPhView Post
And we all like a nice tight seal. (espeically if you are a walrus)

Okay...I'm ducking at all the vegetables being thrown at me!!!
Oooo... that one was baaaaad....

((((off to collect rotten tomatoes from my flooded garden)))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:37 AM   #354  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn1213View Post
I have a question for those of you who have not been "wowed" by the latest SU catalogs. Do you already own a large quantity of stamps?

I am pretty new to SU, so I have only seen the previous catalog and the current one. I agree that the new catalog doesn't seem as great as the last one, and I've heard that that has been a trend. Is that simply because we are getting more picky as we own more stamps? I think that is one contributing factor, but I also think that most "crafters" tend not to follow current trends, (except maybe in colors). We are generally too creative for that. One thing I didn't like about the new catalog was the large number of circle stamps. Circles may be in, but how many different circle stamps can one really use? I will be interested to see the Spring catalog.

As for the price, they are still very competitive in my area, where you can only buy single stamps, and they are very pricey.

And I don't think they are retiring any more stamp sets until next summer. Even if they are not in the Spring catalog, you should still be able to order them. They go on a "dormant list," but are still available for purchase.
Your first question really jumped out at me because, as I was saying to my demo a while back, this is exactly why my stamp wish list is getting shorter every year. I'm not a demo, and I buy my stamps to use over and over again. Well, after a while, I look at things in the catty and think "I already have a stamp like that" so while I may think a set is really cute, it comes down to a matter of realizing that I just don't need it. So I'm just waiting for this latest "trend" to die out and hopefully SU will come out with a style that's new and different so I can find something else.

Now, as far as the mini catty is concerned, I will add myself to the "not impressed" category. I'm seriously considering buying the first set in there, can't remember the name, but for the first time in four years, I'm actually going to shop for Christmas stamps elsewhere before I consider SU. Another thing that I don't like about SU right now, is how they're offering so many finished products, such as all the designer paper and gift wrap. Don't get me wrong, their products are beautiful and I love some of these papers, but the main reason I got into stamping in the first place is so that I CAN MAKE MY OWN THINGS. If I want finished wrapping paper, I will go to the store and buy it. I would just rather see them get back to offering more diversity in their stamps sets so that they can satisfy more people in that area than offering the same old, same old all the time. How many tag sets are in this holiday mini? I believe I counted three. And that's so much of the problem with the big catty (IMO) all the sets seem the same to me. I will be a lot quicker to try something new, if I have lots of options:-D .

Sorry this got so long, but I just wanted to get my five cents in here. I will never stop buying from SU, but right now I think I"ll be spending my stamping dollars on paper and accessories rather than stamps.

And to end this on a positive note, I LOVE some of the scrappin' kits and the new in colors!
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #355  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn1213
OK, I'll answer.....I have been stamping for over eight years, and am not, or never have been a demo, and have seen over eight SU catalogs. I am just an average, good loyal SU customer. When I first started out, I bought a lot...I thought I needed everything. But then I discovered that I was not using the stamps sets that I bought. I would buy because I liked one or two of the stamps in the set, or later on because someone on SCS did something great with the set...and knew that I had to have it. Sound familiar? :-D

But now that I have gotten older, and hopefully wiser...I am more selective in my purchases. I look for something that I can use for many many projects. I have found that I really don't need lots of stamps to make something beautiful. Therefore, I find myself with less stamps now than I had in the beginning. (I just sold them cause I wasn't using them.) For me, the stamps I see in the catalog I have seen before...so I guess they just don't impress me. For me I would rather pay $10 for one stamp that I really love and can use for lots of things, rather than pay $30+ for a set that I will maybe one use one or two of the stamps. For me, mounted or unmounted isn't really a big deal....but the image, and the quality of the image is want is important....as well as the price.

I hope that helps answer your question...and will give the demos out there some insight as to what their customers think....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:51 AM   #356  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstieber
I would just rather see them get back to offering more diversity in their stamps sets so that they can satisfy more people in that area than offering the same old, same old all the time. How many tag sets are in this holiday mini? I believe I counted three. And that's so much of the problem with the big catty (IMO) all the sets seem the same to me. I will be a lot quicker to try something new, if I have lots of options.
Totally agree!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #357  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DorisView Post
OK, I'll answer.....I have been stamping for over eight years, and am not, or never have been a demo, and have seen over eight SU catalogs. I am just an average, good loyal SU customer. When I first started out, I bought a lot...I thought I needed everything. But then I discovered that I was not using the stamps sets that I bought. I would buy because I liked one or two of the stamps in the set, or later on because someone on SCS did something great with the set...and knew that I had to have it. Sound familiar? :-D

But now that I have gotten older, and hopefully wiser...I am more selective in my purchases. I look for something that I can use for many many projects. I have found that I really don't need lots of stamps to make something beautiful. Therefore, I find myself with less stamps now than I had in the beginning. (I just sold them cause I wasn't using them.) For me, the stamps I see in the catalog I have seen before...so I guess they just don't impress me. For me I would rather pay $10 for one stamp that I really love and can use for lots of things, rather than pay $30+ for a set that I will maybe one use one or two of the stamps. For me, mounted or unmounted isn't really a big deal....but the image, and the quality of the image is want is important....as well as the price.

I hope that helps answer your question...and will give the demos out there some insight as to what their customers think....
Doris,

This is a thoughtful and helpful response. Had this thread been titled more thoughtfully and demos not disparaged as "profiteers", even if the poster didn't mean to be derogatory, it would be a very valuable insight into what SU customers are thinking.

If customers have concerns about SU, or any other stamp company, contact your demo or SU customer service. You may not get a personal response from SU, but if your concerns reflect the majority of customers, you will see changes in the future.

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 08:08 AM   #358  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default WOW, do you feel the anger?

Wow, I had to come look. Kind of like a car accident, you have to slow down and look and then afterwards wish you didn't.

I am not going to put an opinion into this.

I just want to say "can we agree to disagree".

Internet talk is dangerous. You cannot see the facial expressions of the other folks, so you assume you know what they mean. When in reality, you are interpreting their words based on your current reality.

Now, I am going back to my favorite posts and have a good time. I need positive happy thoughts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 08:08 AM   #359  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn1213View Post

:o Holy cow. I can't believe this thread is still hot.

I wasn't overly thrilled with the new catty/mini, but I don't think I was as down on it as others. I've never counted, but I know I have a lot of sets. I've been buying regularly for at least 5-6 years, maybe a bit longer. My demo always teases me about having more sets than she does. :lol: I think it does mean that I'm more selective/particular. I don't know about the trends. My initial reaction is that I don't follow trends. I generally like a certain style and even if a new style is all the rage, if it's doesn't appeal to me I just let it pass. However, if I'm realistic, as soon as one of those wicked, wicked enablers on this board alerts us to new products, I'm generally one of those suckers at the front of the line for the new product. That's not exactly following trends but it's darn close.

I think one thing that probably is true - there were a lot of similar sets in the new catty and although I have scientifically checked all the sets, it appears that there is less diversity in style. If the sets in the new catty aren't your style, then it's extra hard. Some of that may simply be due to having a smaller catty since they've gone to 2. Hopefully it's just a matter of working out the kinks in a new process and future cattys will have more variety again.

At our last techniques class my demo holds someone mentioned that they thought SU! had gone to 2 catty's because they were losing ground in the ever-changing tools/accessories arena. The suggestion was made that maybe SU! should have a separate catty for tools/accessories that is release/refreshed more frequently and revert to an annual catty for the stamps/inks. Sounded like a very reasonable idea to me.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 08:10 AM   #360  
Kookie Creator

I agree the prices are to much!!! The stamps are not wowing me either.
I am very disappointed in the new catalogs. Maybe we should email them all this feed back!!
Their is so much competition out their for stamp companies that they need to take a close look at who their buyers are. Maybe SU needs to do their own poll!!!
Reply With Quote Likes