Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Do you think the sets in the Holiday Mini are worth it?
I think the product is well worth the price 635 62.19%
I don't think the products are worth the price 386 37.81%
Voters: 1021. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #161  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkessler73View Post
My, my, my.....I seemed to have caused an uproar and since I am only a little more than a third through the responses, I won't comment too much on what I've read. Thanks all. It's nice to know I'm not the only one "not feeling" the SU! vibe this year and I will put my money with my mouth is since I spent 2500.00 with SU! last year. Many were right to say I can take my money elsewhere and of course some of the 20% profiteers I would expect to push the product even if it does suck. Tupperware sucks too, so have at it.

Danyelle
Tupperware sucks? Oh...now you've done it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:37 AM   #162  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

My, my, my.....I seemed to have caused an uproar and since I am only a little more than a third through the responses, I won't comment too much on what I've read. Thanks all. It's nice to know I'm not the only one "not feeling" the SU! vibe this year and I will put my money with my mouth is since I spent 2500.00 with SU! last year. Many were right to say I can take my money elsewhere and of course some of the 20% profiteers I would expect to push the product even if it does suck. Tupperware sucks too, so have at it.

Danyelle

:shock:

Oh, yeah...you're right...I'm rolling in cash from profiting off of selling SU!

I think I need to hire a limo driver next...people...I need people...or are they called staff these days? I have to consult Paris, she'd know...Paris, are they called staff or people? Is people the hot word?

Oh, okay, staff then...I need staff!

Maybe then they can come and replace my ugly plaid couch from the early 90's and the dirty blue carpeting that has been in my house since we bought it, plus the crumbling vinyl floor with HOLES in it in my kitchen (been there since we bought it, yep...)...now that I have all this CASH from being a demo...

Okay, Danyelle...I'm turning the snark off now, you can take off your protective goggles....:mrgreen:

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #163  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluebearView Post
Tupperware sucks? Oh...now you've done it!

Them's fightin' words whar you come from?

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #164  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Danyelle
Danyelle,

I normally enjoy your input, truly I do, but calling SU! Demos "20% Profiteers" is just rude and uncalled for. I'm a hobby demo but when I was an active business demo I can PROMISE you I never made a dime. I spent way more than I earned and not just on SU! Product - on classes and workshops. Why? Because I LOVE to stamp and I enjoyed it. I wasn't in it to "push" anything or "profiteer" and to this day I do not think the SU! Product sucks. I don't know why you would sully your reputation with such low blows that are uncalled for and so unflattering.

To any newbies out there ... I promise you - your SU! Demo is not "out to get you". Every SU Demo I have met is in it because she LOVES it and she believes in the products she represents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #165  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post

Them's fightin' words whar you come from?
I love you, Jan. UR MY idol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #166  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Many were right to say I can take my money elsewhere and of course some of the 20% profiteers I would expect to push the product even if it does suck. Tupperware sucks too, so have at it.

Danyelle
Wow... what an extremely offensive thing to say.

The title of this thread is so inflammatory, I am speechless.

I'll quit there. I don't want to lose my temper. This thread would make the pope swear.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:42 AM   #167  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

I love you, Jan. UR MY idol.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #168  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW JunkieView Post

I'll quit there. I don't want to lose my temper. This thread would make the pope swear.:rolleyes:
What I take offense to and what you take offense to may differ, but I don't fault you for expressing it and I'm not apologizing for having my own opinion.

anywho, unrelated to that. The thread is awesome, I checked the poll and I already knew that 4 out of 5 dentists recommend Colgate, but I'm on the side of the 1 dentist who does not.

Danyelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #169  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Ok I've reviewed the mini on-line now.

The poll question was:
Do you think the sets in the Holiday Mini are worth it?

And the options were:
I think the product is well worth the price
I don't think the products are worth the price
I don't know that I can select one or the other. There was far more that i don't like in the mini than I do like. That's disappointing to me personally but I'll have more money to spend elsewhere. What I find for myself is that the sets I really like, I find are well worth the price. Conversely the ones I don't really like, don't seem to be worth the price. :!: Now that's a subjective opinion.

I don't like the designer paper (esp apple cider - yuck!) in the mini but that is just my personal opinion on color combos. In different colors, I might like it. I do love some of the dp in the fall catty though.

What I don't understand is how a set like True Friend, with 6 fairly detailed stamps is $22.95 while Stem Silhouettes with only 5 stamps is $32.95. I appreciate that there might be more cost to the wood for longer stamps but $10?!?!? :shock: Having said that, I love both of those sets and probably will buy both (especially since I read in another post about being able to get the Stem Silhouettes for a discount). I just don't get the reasoning behind the pricing.

When I do the math for cost per stamp in these sets, they are all pretty reasonable compared to the per stamp prices of other well-established, name brand companies. Yes, they're still far more than the $1 michaels stamps but I never seem to like the $1 michaels stamps anyway for whatever reason. Granted, the low cost per stamp doesn't make a difference if you simply don't have $30+ to spend on a set but it does help me appreciate the sets more. What it does mean is that with set prices going up, I won't be buying a set for just one stamp anymore (and yes, I have done it, gladly too, many times in the past).

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #170  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so relieved to find I am a profiteer!

I have been fretting about paying for 2 kids in college next year! I guess all that $ from barely making my quarterly minimum should do it.

Look out Harvard and Yale...here we come!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #171  
Stampin' Fool

Default mini

I know that I actually gasped when I saw the price of stem silhouettes! So little rubber and $31.95? i don't understand the pricing strategy behind that! True friend looks like it would have more rubber, the same # of stamps, but is priced nine dollars less. Go figure! Do you think that they planned to have stems included in the special for September and priced it 30% higher so that they would get what they wanted from it even if it was included in the special? Inquiring minds want to know...

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #172  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWTW JunkieView Post

FWIW - I thought it was an offensive thing to say as well. And it was MORE than just an "opinion" ... it was a personal attack on a large group of subscribers here on SCS. It was intended to incite and that's precisely what it did. How sad ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #173  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love stamps, I love my SU demos (yea I'm a demo ho and use several, I make no apologies!), I probably won't order from this mini because I ordered a pretty large order from the main catalog and I only have so many stamping dollars and Nichole at PT keeps asking for some! hehe.

I love tupperware! who doesn't like tupperware! SHEESH! It's the best. what do you put your left overs in? I don't have nearly enough of it. Man now I want to go to a tupperware party, do they have those still?

Oh I love all stamps, the prices seem a bit high but all prices seem high to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #174  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
:shock:

Oh, yeah...you're right...I'm rolling in cash from profiting off of selling SU!

I think I need to hire a limo driver next...people...I need people...or are they called staff these days? I have to consult Paris, she'd know...Paris, are they called staff or people? Is people the hot word?

Oh, okay, staff then...I need staff!

Maybe then they can come and replace my ugly plaid couch from the early 90's and the dirty blue carpeting that has been in my house since we bought it, plus the crumbling vinyl floor with HOLES in it in my kitchen (been there since we bought it, yep...)...now that I have all this CASH from being a demo...

Okay, Danyelle...I'm turning the snark off now, you can take off your protective goggles....:mrgreen:

I think the word you're looking for is minions.

The one constant through all the years...has been baseball.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #175  
Gabfest Goddess

As far as my bent corners, it has happened three times. My demo is (far) out of state, so it is shipped to me directly from SU. The cardstock just bangs around in there, it is not secured by any packaging. I usually just cut my stock for cards, and use that on the back. It's usually about the top half of the stack. See, I did NOT request any replacement. I did not want SU to go through the time nor trouble, nor myself, if I could manage with it, and I can. What I was saying to them is that there is a definite flaw in their shipping, and they should look into it. I guess you could say I am trying to help them without asking for anything... no replacement, etc. Nothing you get shipped should be floating around like that in a box. Had it been a worse problem and unusable, then I would have gone through the proper channels. I did ask, the third time I wrote SU, to have someone contact me so I could personally give the account of what was repeatedly going on. I never got beyond the canned "thank you for taking the time to contact us." I can live with SU's higher prices, I can live with the shipping. But to me, a lot of companies live and die by their customer service, and I'm not real impressed with SU on that front.

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:05 AM   #176  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh and Autumn apparations is the one that tempts me I can't believe people don't love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:06 AM   #177  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

some of the 20% profiteers I would expect to push the product even if it does suck. Tupperware sucks too, so have at it.

Danyelle
what one finds sucky...another finds glorious....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:07 AM   #178  
Gabfest Goddess

I don't agree that the OP was trying to inflame at all. Could she have worded it differently? Sure. But nothing was out of line, and it was how she wanted to say it. It's her opinion, not a fact. That was clear. This thread got "hot" because we all have very strong opinions and some here have very strong ties to SU. I don't have ties to any stamp company or product, and I'm glad. I buy what I like and can use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:13 AM   #179  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

don't want to take all the fun out of this, but y'all are teetering on the edge. to close the thread, or not to close the thread? hmm...

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #180  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampersView Post
don't want to take all the fun out of this, but y'all are teetering on the edge. to close the thread, or not to close the thread? hmm...

LOL, must be fun to have your finger on the button, huh Daven??
Old 08-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #181  
Polyshrink Goddess

I unforunately can find plenty of stamps I like every where I go. Expensive yes, this is the habit! SU, TAC, CTMH, etc, etc, etc, I love something in all of them,

But most of all I love my "that's a bowl" from Tupperware, :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #182  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

If you close the thread then I have to go do laundrary and some cleaning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #183  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just saw on her blog that Amy R got the "merry and bright" set, so I'll have to order after all, as I like to buy the same stuff as her.

KIDDING....

sorta...

need a print copy of the mini now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #184  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

What I take offense to and what you take offense to may differ, but I don't fault you for expressing it and I'm not apologizing for having my own opinion.
And I was just expressing my opinion that I was appalled at the manner in which you chose to express your opinion, not that you expressed it.

I'm done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #185  
Stazon Splitcoast

gotta go make frosting! Holla at yall later! huggeronies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #186  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
gotta go make frosting! Holla at yall later! huggeronies
CRAP, wrong thread!

um... bye.

Daven why didn't you close it right BEFORE I made an idiot of myself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #187  
Sassy Shani

OMG....you are totally saying that in your avatar pic!!!!!! Bwahahahahhha!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 AM   #188  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

is the coffee really BETTER or is it just stronger?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 AM   #189  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanonView Post
OMG....you are totally saying that in your avatar pic!!!!!! Bwahahahahhha!

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
the avatar pic totally does look like that! hehe

ok, frosting NOW, bye.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #190  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I vote close it, enough is enough isn':rolleyes: t it???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #191  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJStamperView Post
FWIW - I thought it was an offensive thing to say as well. And it was MORE than just an "opinion" ... it was a personal attack on a large group of subscribers here on SCS. It was intended to incite and that's precisely what it did. How sad ...
You know, I was going to stay out of it, but don't tell me what I intended to do and if you're incited....sounds like a personal problem. A personal attack on a large group of subscribers? So my dislike of the Holiday Mini for reasons stated in the OP is an attack on who. Or are you saying the the demo constituency on SCS has a right to be offended because I say a SU! product sucks. That's why I posted it on SCS.com A Stamper's Forum and not SU!.com a demo forum. It is my opinion and yes, the thread has gotten hot, but I have respected other people's opinions and not presumed to know what they intended. Give me the same. Are you speaking for the large group of subscribers.....as if said group has some VIP status we don't know about. If you can't discuss your opinions about stamping things on a stamping forum then where can you?

Danyelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #192  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was referring to the rude comments you made in latter posts and you know it. You made comments about SU! Demonstrators hence my statement about a large number of peeps who subscribe to SCS.

You weren't simply describing your opinion about stamping, you lashed out at SU! Demos (and Tupperware of all things).

Uncalled for ... you were out of line. Own it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #193  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by danamyView Post
ok, forgive me for saying this but since all of you are able to voice your concerns and opinions I feel that I am able to do the same as well. Really all I have to say is this:

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA, if you think your getting "ripped off" by SU, then don't buy SU, if your think they are a "joke" then don't buy from SU...........

Maybe it's time you take your negative energy and attitude and address it with them personally. OR better yet, join another website and post your SU bashing there. Maybe some of you are forgetting that the owner of this website is a SU demonstrator or at least was at one point. Would you like people going to your blogs, or even your home and critizing you right in the comfort of your own home, I highly doubt it.

When you go to grocery store and buy bad produce do ya get on the computer and email everyone you know to bash the grocery store? NO I doubt it. Its just the same here. If you don't like what you see, buy elsewhere, there is really no need to go on and on about this. Give it up ladies, rather than bash SU all day long, go hug your children, smile at a neighbor give the grocery clerk a compliment, ask the gas station attendant how their day is, pet your animal, ......oh better yet, go buy stamps from someone other than SU...... get my point.
I thought this thread was surprisingly pretty calm on both sides of the issue until I read this post. The energy in the quoted post is far more negative than anything else I've read here.

Whether or not people are aware that the owner of the website started off as a SU demo, they are not criticizing them, they are voicing their opinions of SU. If the owners didn't want people discussing opposing opinions, it would be in the TOS rules, i.e. "no negative comments about SU allowed". What is in the TOS is no bashing of other people who are chatting here. This site is popular because people can share their ideas and opinions and even talk about companies that compete with SU. Many people want to see if their opinion is shared by others, maybe they don't have many close stamping friends to discuss these things with.

I once asked the website managers why they didn't get some financial support from SU for this site since it was such a huge selling tool for a lot of SU product. The reply was they didn't want to have any strings attached to the site as far as loyalty. They may have started as SU focused, but I think they want to appeal to all stampers as the 'go to' place to talk. The gallery does favor SU sets, but they don't ban uploads from many other stamp companies. The owners of this site are very tolerant of opinions on both sides, they only ban people who break the TOS.

I support everyone's right to voice their opininion, but I can't really forgive the anger I'm reading. Here's the difference - saying you disagree with people making negative comments about SU is okay, but phrases that sound like they are telling people to "shut up" are not okay IMO.

Rather than closing a thread when there are one of two mean posts, but most of the people are civilly discussing an issue, maybe the offending posts should be edited.

Kathy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:34 AM   #194  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

My vote is yes- but only because I feel like it's like a trainwreck- I can't make myself stop looking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:35 AM   #195  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you close it hundreds of homes will be cleaner because we will all go back to our housework! and jobs will be done and such.

if not, i'll keep reading.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:35 AM   #196  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

A personal attack on a large group of subscribers? So my dislike of the Holiday Mini for reasons stated in the OP is an attack on who. Or are you saying the the demo constituency on SCS has a right to be offended because I say a SU! product sucks.
Well, you did refer to SU demos as profiteers, then you said SU sucks. Yes, I think that can be construed as a personal attack.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #197  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

You know, I was going to stay out of it, but don't tell me what I intended to do and if you're incited....sounds like a personal problem. A personal attack on a large group of subscribers? So my dislike of the Holiday Mini for reasons stated in the OP is an attack on who. Or are you saying the the demo constituency on SCS has a right to be offended because I say a SU! product sucks. That's why I posted it on SCS.com A Stamper's Forum and not SU!.com a demo forum. It is my opinion and yes, the thread has gotten hot, but I have respected other people's opinions and not presumed to know what they intended. Give me the same. Are you speaking for the large group of subscribers.....as if said group has some VIP status we don't know about. If you can't discuss your opinions about stamping things on a stamping forum then where can you?

Danyelle
I think she was referring to the part where you said: *20% profiteers I would expect to push the product even if it does suck*

or it could have been the tupperware thing. I'll be honest, the tupperware upset me...:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #198  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

If you close it hundreds of homes will be cleaner because we will all go back to our housework! and jobs will be done and such.

no way am I cleaning, if it gets closed I'm taking a nap...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #199  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

and also if you close it I'll make icing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #200  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Wavin' to ya from Utah, Daven!!!

And how I'd LUV to have the power you do---to close or not to close? It's ALL up to you!!!! Yeah, baby! You da man!

As much as the drama has been fascinating, I do think it's time for everyone to take a time out in their stamp rooms for a while and just breathe a bit (and stamp A LOT)!!! Just don't stamp so hard that you break your wood mount (or acrylic, or whatEVA it is you stamp with!!)
Reply With Quote Likes