Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Do you think the sets in the Holiday Mini are worth it?
I think the product is well worth the price 635 62.19%
I don't think the products are worth the price 386 37.81%
Voters: 1021. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And as for the doodle look, If I wanted doodles, I could draw them myself

You have obviously never seen my doodles. Sad little things indeed.
Proud Angel #3898
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #42  
Crimping Master

I'm a SU fan ....all the way!!!
great quality...
prices are increasing with all companies......like everything else in life.

I just deal with it cuz this is my hobby!!!

stampin hugs,
Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #43  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

They are pricey and the die cut thing is great for newbies, but not necessary to me (I'm a nut... I love to cut out my sets).

If you look carefully, they had the same designers that did some of the main catty sets do a set for the mini too (Priceless/Season of Joy). So if you like one, you'll no doubt like the other....and visa versa!

I like them, but can't justify the money on these cuz they aren't a true WOW to me.

I think that our money speaks louder than our words, if we buy, we say "Goodie! Keep the new styles and prices.", if we don't buy, they'll re-evaluate their selection really quickly.

It will all work out. SU is a high quality company and they have to keep thinking outside the box in order to grow. They will find out if changes are working soon enough.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 05:35 PM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are so right Doris! I just hope those that be! Are listening!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #45  
Cardstock Collector

Companies that are doing well don't raise their prices this much and risk Qissing off their customers. I think this is a likely indication that the competition is getting to them and yet they are unwilling to adapt. I have been taught in marketing class to pull investments from companies that start raising the prices for the consumers when their COUNTERPARTS are not raising their prices at the same rate. If it were a labor or increase in cost of supplies increase, you would see it in other companies simultaneiously.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #46  
Insane Embellisher

I disagree with the Hero Arts comment. I used to love them (well, still do) and did buy them frequently...but they are just too spendy! I just looked at a set of theirs today.... four 2.5" stamps for $20.00!
and why would any company make background stamps smaller than the card. it is just to save *them* money. that does not have the stampers best interest in mind.
I am SO happy that SU! makes background stamps that we can easily use! hallelujah stampin sisters!
Personally, I *love* some of the new mini things....just like all the minis before. love some things, don't care for others. I'm sure there is no way to cater the whole mini catalog to every stamper out there. LOL! a few things for me, a few things for you. a little for everyone.
the mini library clip things are WAY too cute!
the ribbon is luscious.
I'd love to use that wrapping paper, unfortunately I've got some blah stuff left over from last year, and I just need to use it up.
Oh, I also saw a stamp that looks similar to the Artfully Asian branch, for $8.00! for one little stamp. they didn't even have other similar stamps in the line, so you have to, like always with them, hunt and try to find something that could work with it.
Anyway....
: )
~Jody
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #47  
Gabfest Goddess

my popcorn isn't buttery enough... anyone got better popcorn? I don't care how much it costs :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenthrives
Companies that are doing well don't raise their prices this much and risk Qissing off their customers. I think this is a likely indication that the competition is getting to them and yet they are unwilling to adapt. I have been taught in marketing class to pull investments from companies that start raising the prices for the consumers when their COUNTERPARTS are not raising their prices at the same rate. If it were a labor or increase in cost of supplies increase, you would see it in other companies simultaneiously.
I really think we all need to consider the fact that SU totally revamped their shipping department recently....their shipping really is fantastic, and consequently that cost must be passed on to the consumer. I don't think it is all labor and supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

i will not spent any money on the mini catty eigher.
simply i dont like the style at all they choosed to go with. that flower set they put on sale looks like a (not so nice) imitation of Garden shilouettes and i also do not like the art work on the sets.

what is that about that big santa in that set this year??? we saw him last year already in a set.

i will spent my money on the main catty and christmas sets i will buy some place else.

i cant wait to see the new su stuff in january!

My SCS Gallery
My blog
: Pretty Pressings
Designer for Magnolia, Sweden, Lili of the Valley and Sir Stampalot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

When I first got my mini, I, too, had little sticker shock. However, when I received the set I pre-ordered, I was very tickled with the ease and speed of mounting these.

I am also one who is not thrilled with the current catalogue offerings. My customers, however, have been ordering quite a bit, so I guess the doodle/circle trend is working well for some people.

Only time and the market will tell if SU is on the right track...I think the idea of two large cattys each year is meant to help the company stay on-trend and meeting the needs of its customers. Quite frankly, I'm pretty sure the 20 years of experience they bring to bear might beat out the Marketing 101 theorists.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

Well I was surprised to read all this. And I applaud everyone for being honest and posting their opinions. I am new to this website, but have been "SU" for a few years. I love their stamps and all your ideas. I lost my rep a few months ago and am looking for one in the Ebensburg, PA area. Know of anyone? My kids are grown now and moved out so I would love to try a swap or get-together for stampin. I did have a few favorites in the new catty, pick a petal, french flair, and priceless...and I didn't honestly notice the price increase ......haven't had a chance to see the mini, but I would love to...is it online? Also, I do have another company that I buy from online, single stamps, not too pricey, but I wasn't sure if I could post it...can someone let me know....I'd love to share it with everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #52  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibbyView Post
Well I was surprised to read all this. And I applaud everyone for being honest and posting their opinions. I am new to this website, but have been "SU" for a few years. I love their stamps and all your ideas. I lost my rep a few months ago and am looking for one in the Ebensburg, PA area. Know of anyone? My kids are grown now and moved out so I would love to try a swap or get-together for stampin. I did have a few favorites in the new catty, pick a petal, french flair, and priceless...and I didn't honestly notice the price increase ......haven't had a chance to see the mini, but I would love to...is it online? Also, I do have another company that I buy from online, single stamps, not too pricey, but I wasn't sure if I could post it...can someone let me know....I'd love to share it with everyone.
I wish I could help you...I'm in Michigan, though. I'm sure someone from your area will step forward.

Here's the link to the Holiday mini:

http://www.stampinup.com/us/document...Mini_07_US.pdf

As for the other company, you are certainly welcome to post it...perhaps start a separate thread for that, though. ;)

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #53  
Mad Swapper

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I really live on a strict budget. I have to make more money from my stamps than I pay for them. I like stamping so I use them to sell items at Craft stores and let the stamps pay for themselves. I spent more money on this year's catty and this holiday mini than I ever have before. I am sorry some are disappointed, but I love the stamps and I LOVE that they are die cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

I really like some SU sets and I've gone back and forth in my mind about getting them, but I just can't shell out $32.95 for a set I'm going to get rid of the blocks and put on EZ Mount.

The quality of SU stamps is indisputable. But *I* just can't justify spending the hefty $.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 06:38 PM   #55  
Mad Swapper

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Before anyone corrects me, I did not mean Craft stores I meant Craft Fairs and Yes, I DO follow the Angel policy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 06:40 PM   #56  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReformedstamperView Post
Before anyone corrects me, I did not mean Craft stores I meant Craft Fairs and Yes, I DO follow the Angel policy.
I bow to you...thanks for clarifying that before the bricks started flying! :mrgreen:

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #57  
Polyshrink Goddess

My thoughts:

I was not very impressed with the new sets in the new catalog or the mini. Just my stamping tastes.

I did notice the increase in pricing, which I am not willing to pay unless I LOVE the set.

I am in the process of unmounting my sets and individual stamps from other companies, so I have a very hard time justifying the cost for sets with wood mounts that I am not going to use anyway.

I can get more stamps for my money by buying acrylics or unmounteds elsewhere, so that is where my cash will go.

Die-cut stamps are nice, but in case you haven't noticed, most of the $1.00 stamps from Michaels are die cut, so I personally can't justify the price difference in SU stamps just for that reason, especially since I peel off the rubber anyway.

This discussion is kind of like politics and religion - we will never all agree on pricing, mounted vs. unmounted or current styles.

That said, it is very interesting to read everyone's views. Remember, it would be a very boring world if everyone just liked vanilla ice cream, wouldn't it? We are very lucky to have so many choices on what kind of stamps we buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #58  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, since everyone else is expressing their opinion I guess I am entitled to share mine, as well. I previously posted how shocked I was at the prices in the mini. The set that really stood out to me was the Stem Silhouettes, which in my opinion should have been priced in the mid to low $20's. What do I read the very next day? A post sharing the September special where if you spend $30 you can buy Stem Silhouettes for the discounted price of $22.37 (closer to what I feel the price for that set should be). Am I going to spend $30 in order to buy the set for the price I feel is more appropriate? No, I'm going to buy a set I found elsewhere that is similar in style (and that I actually like better). It has 10 pieces and costs $16.95 and is of high quality, as well. The set is not die cut, but I'm fine with that. An added bonus to me is that I don't have wood blocks which I don't use anyway to deal with, so to those who posted that if we don't like the prices we should look elsewhere I agree and thank you for your suggestion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 08:23 PM   #59  
Watercolor Wizard

I like the doodles I just don't want to pay for them - I keep thinking I will teach myself - how sad is that, who needs to be taught how to doodle???

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamperView Post
I like the doodles I just don't want to pay for them - I keep thinking I will teach myself - how sad is that, who needs to be taught how to doodle???
Me!!! I stink at doodling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #61  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love my holiday stamps. I adore this catalogue more than last years. I think it's dee-lish! I'm so thankful for the die cuts as are my customers with limited strenghty/mobility in their hands. I usually trim rubber for these customers so that they can enjoy the hobby and not worry - it really frees up alot of my time - so hear hear for progress. I respect we all have our preferences and I have a variety of stamps: rubber, acrylic, etc...I prefer and love my wood mounted rubber. I hate having to mount and switch on my acrylics, but hey...when you love something you'll pay for it no matter what it is and what you have to do to take care of it! Our craft/hobby is supposed to bring us happiness right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkessler73View Post
I know what ur saying. If I do buy a set, I'll be curious to see this die cutting thing, however,

the exact wording from the mini was:

"and wait, there's one more thing--every stamp set is die cut, a wonderful holiday surprise that will save you time during the most busy time of year."

Don't save me time, save me money at the most expensive time of the year.

Danyelle
Look at the bright side - they are saving you money because you are much less likely to buy anything either because you don't like the images or the prices. :p

Kathy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 02:27 AM   #63  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I read this thread with interest -- and perhaps I'm the odd-ball here, but I LOVED the new big catalog and I LOVED the holiday mini. I do think SU is worth the money, to me anyway, and here are a few of my thoughts in that regard:

1) Big Catalog -- I LOVED those 3 themed pages in the beginning -- Boho West, Tapestry and Corner Office. I love the product they contained, but I also think the marketing strategy there was ingenious!!! Everything a busy customer needs, right on one page -- excellent selling tool for the demo, easy shopping for a customer!!!

2) Holiday Mini -- It REALLY appealed to me -- the attractive catalog itself, I loved many of the sets, I LOVED that the rubber was cut (I so dis-like cutting rubber), and I really loved their wide satin ribbon on rolls (only wish there were more colors offered). I think their gift wrap is so beautiful but personally, that is one item I would have a hard time spending that kind of money on -- but I'm so glad it's there for the women who wants it!!!

3) I think the thing I love most about SU in general is that I can get everything I need in one place, and I can get it all to coordinate -- paper, inks, markers, etc., you all know, but what really floats my boat is when I can also get all the Designer Papers and Ribbons (which are so lovely) to match as well -- I'm a real matchy type (LOL!!) and I LOVE that I can get so many things to cordinate so perfectly!!!

4) Shipping to me seems to be faster than ever, which is good!

5) Customer service is fabulous! I have never yet called about anything and hung up dissatisfied!!!

So, that's my 2 cents worth!!! And, yes, as much as I love SU product, I do use plenty of stamps from other companies, as well as papers, etc., many of which I have a great fondness for, and some -- not so much. I'm just so glad there are so many choices available to us all!!!!

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store/Stamp Simply Clear Stamps

MY BLOG -- No Time To Stamp?

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 AM   #64  
Glitter Guru

I agree on a few of the stamps sets also. Some of the prices are just a bit more than I want to pay for them. Forexample the new christmas sayings. I would love to have them. But Just too much for my wallet.

However IF I really like something and it's a must have I will conside getting it if I think it's a set I will get a lot of good use out of.

I plan on getting the pUMPKINS SET. Because I love the samples in the gallery I've seen and Perhaps even the Autumn apparitions. still unsure if I want to PAY THIS PRICE THOUGH. I like the matching wheel and may just get the wheel. plus 1 other wheel . Still undecided on a couple of sets in this one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 03:28 AM   #65  
Insane Embellisher

I wonder how many of us who don't really like the price increase could step back and look at the items we have purchased and NEVER or SELDOM used. Some people just like to collect, I think. I think if it makes us think more about our purchases and that we purchase sets that we will use and love, we will see more value and be happier in the long run. So Stem Silhouettes looks like the Hostess set or some other set from some other company? If I have something similar, I would not buy it anyway. Someone who will not have a $300 party might love to be able to buy it.
I am a demo and I only use SU. I tell my customers that I don't want them buying something that will just sit in the closet with them saying "why did I get that?" I would rather them get less and use it! I am happy with my sales so far this year and I have people sharing that they are stamping this or that at home...that is what I want to hear, not that they have a craft room that looks like a stamping store.
JMO
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 03:54 AM   #66  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mztamelaView Post
I think the price is just too high for many budgets. I would rather cut them out myself than pay extra for someone else to do it. Besides, I will probably have to trim them down more for my own taste.
It's still a better deal than buying individually, and I love Stampin'Up, but...
I am VERY **** about trimming my stamps and the die cuts are VERY NICE and close! Out of the 5 sets (28 stampstotal) I got out of the mini, I MAYBE had to trim 2 or 3 stamps. Thats very good odds for me. Not having to trim the stamps is a HUGE plus for me and if I only have to trim 2-3 stamps to suit my taste....then I am satisfied.

view my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 04:21 AM   #67  
Glitter Guru

I love the sets in the new mini, but i respect your right to your own opinion, my opinion is that the title to this thread was a little over the top, but once again respect your right to call your threads anything that fits into the TOS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 AM   #68  
Kookie Creator

[QUOTE=Doris;6998991](some of us don't like all the stamps in the set) , or having sale prices on more everyday items....or reduced shipping costs or no sales tax on orders over $50....QUOTE]

NO company can offer *No sales tax* because it is would be tax fraud. The sales tax is decided per state and not per company.

view my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 04:40 AM   #69  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by valasView Post
Other companies are not raising their prices so drastically. Hero Arts has been around for a very long time and their prices have hardly moved over the last decade. I think SU should consider how this makes the customer perceive them. I have 2 other craft hobbies and prices have not gone up with those supplies either. In fact, some of the prices have gone down due to competetition. I think SU needs to keep a very close eye on that ever rising and attractive competition.
I got an e-mail from another well known stamping company just the other day about the fact they are having to raise thier prices...other "big" companies have slowly raised prices of thier items over the years - the difference is they can add on .50 cents every 6 months and consumers aren't the wiser because they don't have a concrete catalog or offer the same items year after year - so you can't "compare"...and next thing you know 2 years later you are paying $2 more for the same item...

simple fact as a company grows they have to charge more for thier products to incoporate emerging technologies,increase cost of marketing, employees and benefits - not to mention certain things beyond thier scope - like shipping (postage increases, gas increases, packaging increases)...same goes for every other product out there...(anyone want to guess how much a Mattel toy is going to go for this Holiday season...somehow I think Barbie ain't going to cost $6 anymore) - Yes in some cases the cost of a product may go down...maybe it was overly inflated in the first place because they were the only thing on the market (look at US prescription drug prices...) so if someone wants one they are willing to pay the inflated price until competition comes to town...and who knows maybe the "orginal" is far better than the knock-offs so people are still willing to pay a higher price for the better product...

Smaller stamp companies can charge less for thier products because overhead is low - in many cases you are talking about an enterprise that is run out of someone's home with very few employees with no benefits (health, life, etc...) and yes places like Micheals can offer $1 stamps...question is where are those stamps manufactured??? the US or someplace like China or Malysia. I would be willing to bet that if some of these smaller stamp companies make the "jump" to going to the next level (Warehouse, more marketing, having to hire employees and provide benefits) you would see an increase in the cost of thier product as well to absorb the cost of doing business...

If you don't like it or it doesn't fit your budget then don't buy it...simple enough...I for one feel that when you compare SU stamps to COMPARABLE wood mounted rubber stamps they are among the least expensive you can find PER STAMP...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 04:43 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
Me!!! I stink at doodling.
So do I!

That being said...I am VERY pleased with the holiday mini. I love the stamp choices and love that they are die cut. Even though the wrapping paper seems expensive, when you break it down, it's very competitive. Jan Tink did this in another thread by comparing it to Sally Foster which many schools and organizations sell.

To be honest, I wasn't bowled over by the stamps in the new catty, but the papers and accessories are wonderful.

The price increase didn't thrill me, but SU has not had a price increase in years. Unfortunately everyhting is increasing. Our local paper had a front page story on the price of milk the other day. Price increases are a sad fact of life.

Most important is that we all have our own tastes and opinions. Many folks here like A-muse. Me personally......I don't get it. I find their stamps to be rather juvenille so have never purchased them. As much as I love SU merchandise, there are certainly stamps that do not appeal to me (ie. Fly Fisherman). We all have different tastes, and a company needs to appeal to a large customer base. Hopefully, those of you disappointed in the new catty and /or mini will be thrilled with the January catty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 04:48 AM   #71  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by francie221View Post
So Stem Silhouettes looks like the Hostess set or some other set from some other company? If I have something similar, I would not buy it anyway. Someone who will not have a $300 party might love to be able to buy it.
Karen
Jumping up and down with hand in air! This is soooo me. I want the hostess set so much, but no way can I do the $300 party. So I'll likely be ordering the set from the mini. I, like so many people, have a limited craft budget and have to think through each purchase very carefully, and this decision is on the front burner of my brain simmering. Like Karen says, I get great pleasure from USING what I buy, so buying less 'cause of the price increase simply makes me more creative and happier with what I do buy.

I'm sorry so many people are so disappointed. I felt that way about the Hero Arts Christmas release for this year, too. But the stamp industry doesn't revolve around my taste, LOL! (And you're all grateful for that, I'm sure!;) )And besides, now I'm waiting to see what Nichole comes up with for Christmas--got my first PaperTrey order recently and am sooooo in LOVE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:00 AM   #72  
Hardware Hotshot

Ladies heres the bottom line......................

Some people (OP and subsequent posters) are not meaning to offend but are not eloquent with their choice of words and sentence structure.

Why is it okay for any of us to sling hash back because we feel violated at the words they choose or we feel appalled at how they really feel. Dont they have the right to be offended too?

We can feel violated but they can not.

***NOT EVERY FEELING HAS TO BE TOLD AT SCS*** and if you feel compelled to do so prepare for the tongue lashings.

I personally dont give a rats behind that you thought the Holiday Mini was a rip off and total joke. I LOVED LOVED LOVED everything in the Mini.

Its been said a million times...........If you dont like it ..... Then dont buy it. POINT BLANK

SU is not going belly up because a few hundred women dont like the trendy new style. They are going to follow the current trends at all costs to please the general population I'd love to know how many Wanted or Priceless Sets they've sold so far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:02 AM   #73  
Cardstock Collector

Question stampin quality/new mini

I am very new to su (4 months in), so the holiday mini was ok, but i agree the prices seem very high. I have gone to my local craft store for some other products. I received a stamp set of words. I had placed all but 4 labels and stamps on the blocks and relalized that I had 4 blocks that were rough and not squared off. bascially broken. Any suggestions?

I didn't want to return since I had already cut out all the rubber.

mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:04 AM   #74  
Insane Embellisher

I have loved SU for the last 6 six years and have always hoped to become a demo when the time was right. I will still buy some SU products, but the new catalog and mini gave me the little bump I needed to sign on with another company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:10 AM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomof4View Post
I have loved SU for the last 6 six years and have always hoped to become a demo when the time was right. I will still buy some SU products, but the new catalog and mini gave me the little bump I needed to sign on with another company.
It's unfortunate you didn't hang in a little longer. SU has a great recruiting special in September where recruits get all ink pads in a color family for FREE!
(there is another thread in this forum discussing it in detail).

Anyway..best of luck with your new venture!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:13 AM   #76  
Abbe-licious

Thumbs up SU ROCKS!!!

I love SU!!!

I may not love every aspect, and this year the catalog is not totally even in my style, but I am learning to love the styles this year just from looking at all the great samples in the gallery.

It can't be my style all the time, maybe next year.
I don't doodle, and I hate cutting out stamps, so I would rather pay a little bit extra. I found that the prices in the mini catalog were reasonable.

For those of you who have expressed concern over these matters, maybe you should contact SU directly, they have an awesome Customer Service there, and I am sure would gladly take your complaints and pass them on to the powers that be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:20 AM   #77  
Inking Addict

****For those of you who have expressed concern over these matters, maybe you should contact SU directly, they have an awesome Customer Service there, and I am sure would gladly take your complaints and pass them on to the powers that be.****

I did contact them (when the fall/winter catalog first came out) with regards to the Canadian prices and I was actually quite disappointed in the response that I received. Each email was a bulk generated response that failed to answer my specific questions. I finally gave up trying to get an answer and adjusted my purchases accordingly.

Amber
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:30 AM   #78  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadgeRPhView Post
It's unfortunate you didn't hang in a little longer. SU has a great recruiting special in September where recruits get all ink pads in a color family for FREE!
(there is another thread in this forum discussing it in detail).

Anyway..best of luck with your new venture!
It wasn't anything to do with getting free stuff or not, although I did get great free stuff in my kit. For me it was things like, angel policy, demo minimums, company philosophy, unmounted vs. mounted, pricing, etc, etc, that influenced my decision.

I think it's great that there are several choices out there and everyone is free to seek out the right choice for themselves. I consider myself an equal-opportunity stamper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:33 AM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

I have been stamping for about a year now and am thrilled with SU. I was addicted as soon as I saw Artfully Asian in a magazine... and now I am up to 60+ SU sets (most are retired bought at a discount).

I love Stem Silhouettes and am buying it because I love Garden Silhouettes and am worried I won't be able to host a $300 party before it retires. I am also buying it during the September special, where it's 30% off. My friend is having a party and I already had $30 in stamps to buy, so it works for me. I also love that these sets are diecut. I hate having to cut the stamps before I can play, and if you order a few sets at a time, you usually spend an entire night cutting. I would gladly pay a little more to have the ease of sticking them to blocks and going to town with them.

I can't say I don't like the rest of the catalog, I actually have a few other sets I want to buy, but not until I become a demo and get my first order at 30% discount. BTW I thought I didn't like the main catalog until I started to see what people were doing with the sets. Now I can see uses for almost every set.

Mommy to my handsome twin 3 year old boys and beautiful 1 year old girl

~ Gallery ~ Craft Blog ~ Family Blog ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:41 AM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

My...We sure have a lot of new SCS'ers on this thread.

Welcome to SCS! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes