Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me stamp my wedding stuff

So, I recently got engaged. (Gee that still looks weird). I'll be 45 when I get married next May. It's my first, and hopefully only. I'd like to make as much as possible. I am going to stay away from the American Wedding Industrial Complex. Those sort of weddings are gorgeous and beautiful but they give me hives, KWIM?

I have to admit that in my entire life I've spent less than 1 hour total thinking about a wedding. So this is all not only new but pretty much freaking me out.

here's what I'm thinking I can stamp -- save the date cards, thank you cards, table numbers, place cards and little treat bags, if I decide to do M&M's or Kisses or something like that. I'll probably design my invitations too.

I had an idea that for the table numbers I could use "Elegant Flourishes" by Autumn Leaves http://store.scrapbook.com/al-al2612.html and make a one-sheet wonder and then cut out squares or rectangles and print the numbers from the computer.

Can you show me stuff you've made for your wedding or for someone else's wedding? And what stamp sets do you like to use for this sort of wedding stuff? I'm a PTI fan and like that sort of clean look. I also like quirky. Not really an SU fan.

Thanks!

(not freaking out, not freaking out, not freaking out)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

I think that it's wonderful that you want to put you're own personal touch into your wedding.
I would suggest that you pick a "Theme" depending on you're wedding date (time of year or whatever) and then some favorite colours. From there you have a base to go by. Planning/executing a wedding is a real challenge. Have fun
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I just wanted to say congratulations! I'm so happy and excited for you! I only wish I would have done MORE for my own wedding which was 4 1/2 years ago now! I wish you the best of luck! I know you will get some amazing ideas and examples of what others have done (there are so many talented people here on SCS)!!! Make sure you post everything you make, I'll be looking for the pictures!

My only advice would be to start with your colors of your wedding. (are you having bridesmaids, what color are their dresses going to be, what color flowers are you going to have, etc.)

To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I made 250 of these puppies last year. 6 months before the wedding just happened to be Christmas, so I made Christmas and Save the Date Cards in one.

wedding.jpg

You can see that Sparkle is my real name, so the sentiment was a play on my name. Kindof cheesey, lol.

savethedate.jpg

savethedate005.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 04:21 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Congratulations to you!!! That is so exciting!! (And you don't look a day over 25 in your avatar!)

I just received PTI's new stamp set Damask Designs. I think it would be perfect for a Wedding! To get card ideas, you can do a Google image search for Damask + Wedding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 04:49 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Congratulations on the engagment. My suggestion would be to pick out the color scheme as someone else suggested and if you are a PTI fan I would suggest that you maybe pick the colors from there selection of cardstock so that you can get your cardstock, ink, and ribbon from them. I also like the new Damask set that they have and I think that would work for the invitations and you could use it on the cards for the table numbers as well. You could probably go so far as using it on the napkins and treat bags if you wanted so that everything ties in together, and it would cost you less than going with different things. When I got married 5 years ago we had a simple but nice wedding and it cost us around the $5000 mark. I feel that it is nice to have a big wedding but cut costs where you can and use the money you save to have a nice honeymoon or for a home. Let us know what you decided and have fun making the plans, this should be a happy time don't stress out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 04:57 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks! Sparkle, you are so talented! I LOVE your save-the-date cards! Is that a vellum overlay on your invitations? I loved PTI's huge release last week, I'll have to think about Damask Designs.

So I guess i should mention that I'm not having colors, themes, bridesmaids or other attendants, special flowers -- none of that stuff. Definitely no big white dress. Tea-length dress. At this point it's a toss-up if we will have more than 25 people, and if we will get married in the rabbi's study, though I do see the benefit of having lots of cousins around to make me laugh. I thought I'd get flowers at Trader Joe's the day before. I like tulips. I'd like to have a wedding at Memorial Day weekend; a brunch that Sunday. Jewish religious weddings cannot be on the Sabbath, so no Friday night or Saturday afternoon weddings allowed.

This will be laid-back, stressless, casual. I refuse to bow to the Wedding Magazines that tell you what you must do for the perfect wedding. Those magazines don't know what's perfect for me. It's useless and a waste of money, especially in a recession. This is all IMHO, don't want to insult anyone who had a gorgeous wedding like that. I'd rather take that money and get a house (been renting since I got out of grad school) or go climbing mountains in Switzerland/Nepal.

And thanks, crunchy, for the compliment. I am 43 right now, edging towards 44 in May, and people say I look 35. My avatar photo was taken 3 years ago when I was about to turn 40. Guess I should put in another photo, but I still look exactly the same...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 05:19 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Congratulations! I understand your feelings about planning a wedding, but I would still recommend a "color/theme", as previously noted. It will help in your focus and organization in the few plans that you do make; i.e. buy a stack of cardstock in one color all at once, rather than bits and pieces as time goes on.

My sister's friend was recently married in Seattle. She made the most beautiful invitations and treat boxes. This was second marriages for both, so she wanted something elegant, but not 'cutsey'. She used copper cardstock, cream paper, burgundy ink (embossed), and cream-colored organdy ribbon. It was all done with flourishes (in fact she used the SU Flair background on the back-side of the invitation). Her treat box was the "pyramid-style" tied at the top with the organdy ribbon. Simply stunning!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 05:40 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I love the idea of the laid back stressfree wedding. If you are not having a color theme then why not go out of the ordinary and pick several of your favorite colors and send different colored invitations to different people that you are inviting. I also agree with you about how all the books and magazines tell you how to plan for a wedding, our wedding was done on a very tight budget and it came off just the way we wanted it. We did a scrapbook album for our guest signing book, the guest could leave us a little note or poem and sign there name and I put the pages in our wedding scrapbook when I did it up, we can go back and look at the things that everyone said to us. This will be your and your fiance's day so you should do things the way you want, if you want to go simple without a color theme than do that have fun and enjoy doing what is right for the two of you, and don't let the families tell you how to do things, unless they are paying for the wedding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

I agree that you might want to think about a color scheme-it just makes planning a little bit easier when you think, "ok, I need this to be pink and brown" rather than "hmmm.....I like that green! or that blue! or maybe that yellow!" every time you're trying to pick something out for your wedding.

I had my wedding before I got into stamping, so I did most of my stuff on the computer-save the dates were a picture of a plane (husband is pilot) with "Meghan & Ian are ready for takeoff, please fasten your seatbelts and save the date...", invitations I ordered, programs I made using word, brunch invites were made using word, and our table numbers were a huge hit: we had multiple step families to deal with, so we didn't want to worry about "I'm sitting at table 4 and so-and-so gets to sit at table 2?" Instead, we named each table after a vacation spot we'd been to and printed the name and a sepia photo of us there onto cream cardstock-it was one thing everyone still comments on!

Hope you have fun in your planning!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

sounds like it will be good to pick some colors. Necessary for *stamping,* not having my brain taken over by the Wedding Monster....;)

And I love the idea of using photos of vacations for the tables instead of numbers. That is awesome.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

hey there! congrats to you!!

I have a bunch of stuff as you referenced that I made for own wedding. You can see some photos below. PM me if you want more details

http://crafts.peteandkerry.com/craft...ems/index
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Congrats on your engagement Merryf!

Kerry - your wedding card is stunning! Did you print the invitations on a printer?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 06:06 AM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!

I made my invitations. The information was printed on vellum and tacked on the inside: My wedding invite by stamper1996 at Splitcoaststampers

My favors were stamped candles in little bags: Wedding favor candles by stamper1996 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 06:11 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

Congratulations! What fun! Here are links to my invites and programs.

Wedding Invites by malissa32 at Splitcoaststampers

Wedding Invites by malissa32 at Splitcoaststampers

Wedding Program by malissa32 at Splitcoaststampers

Wedding Program by malissa32 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by amritaView Post
Congrats on your engagement Merryf!

Kerry - your wedding card is stunning! Did you print the invitations on a printer?
thank you!!

I did not print on a printer - I actually had them printed professionally using Thermography so the ink was raised.

I have a whole page on my site that gives the details if you are interested

http://crafts.peteandkerry.com/invites.htm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

I have some wedding invitations on my blog.

Here's the link

http://www.moonlightstamper.com

http://www.moonlightstamper.com/blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #18  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow Wendy - your wedding invitations are absolutely gorgeous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Merryf, you made me laugh loads. I so understand how you feel about your wedding. I am just turned 48 and getting married for the first time this June (and it is freaking me out too!!!!). I so don't want a lot of fuss. I am determined to have a low-key French country wedding. I have a vintage 50's evening dress with huge yellow roses on it. So that has sort of decided how the other things will go with it. Here the legal bit is the civil ceremony at the Maire's office in our tiny village. Then a short walk home along country lanes for lunch outside with 30-ish guests, some live music provided by a friend, then later to invite all the rest of the neighbours for an English afternoon tea.

I am with you on not wanting a 'theme'. However, it does help plan things if you have a sort of unifying idea of how you want things to look and choosing a set of colours. Mine was determined by the dress but it is only going to be loosely tied together.

Having said that there is still a ridiculous amount to do, invitations to make, bunting to make, favours, flower cones for chairs and table decorations. Not to mention 180 scones for the afternoon tea! The main feature of the wedding will be the flowers. I just love English roses so I am shipping in crate loads of them to fill the place.

However although I don't want a lot of fuss, and guests have instructions only to bring something to grow in the garden (mostly roses!) as presents, I do want it to be stylish. So, the invitations are quite complicated accordion folds which pull out of a booklet cover with a little criss-cross envelope in the back for the RSVP and all tied with a ribbon. Stamped with loads of roses of course. I bought a whole rake of rose stamps from Impression Obsession which are just beautiful.

I don't think there is anything nicer than a homemade wedding. I have people chipping in with stuff they have made, like my sister in law (to be) who is making huge vats of jam from English strawberries and bringing it over. It is nice and gets others involved. I hope you have as much fun with yours and good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry, forgot to say, if you like tulips, Kitchen Sink have just released a gorgeous set of tulip stamps which would make lovely elegant cards.
Reply With Quote Likes