Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm laughing at you a little, but only b/c my mom used to buy all the same card for everyone and then keep a album of what card she sent what year. It was kinda crazy, imho, but it worked for her.

but seriously, most people aren't gonna remember.

yeah, I know this is an older post, like almost a year, but anyway, I found it searching for something else, and I'm sure the topic will come back up later since we're probably getting started on christmas cards soon, lol :-)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

This will be my first year of stamping Christmas cards, but my plan is to stamp them all out, take pics (which I would do for my empty gallery anyway), load them onto my C: drive, and name the picture file (once they are uploaded), ChristmasMom.jpg, ChristmasAuntP.jpg, ChristmasCousinD.jpg, etc., etc. That way I have a pic of the exact card I sent each person. I'll keep them all in one file called Christmas 2008.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReneeNJView Post
This will be my first year of stamping Christmas cards, but my plan is to stamp them all out, take pics (which I would do for my empty gallery anyway), load them onto my C: drive, and name the picture file (once they are uploaded), ChristmasMom.jpg, ChristmasAuntP.jpg, ChristmasCousinD.jpg, etc., etc. That way I have a pic of the exact card I sent each person. I'll keep them all in one file called Christmas 2008.
I make about 40 identical Christmas cards each year so worrying about who got what is not an issue. Birthdays are the issue. Five years ago when I started sending handmade cards to family and friends, I knew I needed to keep track of them. So I take a picture and name it for the recipient - Anna_birthday_2007, etc. I computer generate the inside sentiment on most of my cards and I also keep each word doc named similar to how I name the pictures. Many areas of my lide are not organized, but I do keep this part of my life in order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2008, 04:51 PM   #44  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

birthdays are the problem for me, too. I give cards to people at work and I feel like after I give a card to "Sue" in January, I can't give the same one to "Mary" in February, because Mary and everyone else has already seen Sue's card. So I have to come up with an original for each. On holidays, they all get the same card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for resurrecting this thread! I loved the blank card - shame she didn't think to say yeah it was your gift too - you can use it again! ;)

Back on subject - the first year I made cards, every person got an individually designed card according to their tastes etc. When I made cards the second year I was absolutely stumped.... so after that lesson I have learn't that for me - one well thought out design is fine for everyone except for very immediate family. Christmas is stressful enough without sucking the fun out of my little hobby as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #46  
Compulsive Stamper

Before stamping, my husband and I bought each other the very same anniversary card. Then, he saw it again the next year, forgetting he had given it to me the year before, and gave it to me again. So, 3 of the identical cards in 2 yrs passed hands in our house. It was a Disney card and we both like anything Disney, so it was okay, just a little weird.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2008, 04:38 AM   #47  
Crimping Master

Oh my gosh! The thought of making 50-100 cards for anything almost gives me a panic attack. How in the world does anyone do it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2008, 05:14 AM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by conniemackoView Post
a) (but then if you ask anyone I know they'd tell you I sort my m&m's before eating them and that I'm not a good judge!)
Thank you, thank you! M & M's aren't something I really like - that shell turns me off - but if they are there and nothing else is when we are sitting around a table w/ friends... Well, you know, they suddenly become appealing. But they have to be sorted by color and eaten by 2's. My friends all laugh about this and make jokes. I was even given an Easter M&M gift box b/c a friend saw it and noticed that it had little dividers in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2008, 05:22 AM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeaceandJoyView Post
Thank you, thank you! M & M's aren't something I really like - that shell turns me off - but if they are there and nothing else is when we are sitting around a table w/ friends... Well, you know, they suddenly become appealing. But they have to be sorted by color and eaten by 2's. My friends all laugh about this and make jokes. I was even given an Easter M&M gift box b/c a friend saw it and noticed that it had little dividers in it.
And you have to save the green ones for last because they are the BEST.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2008, 05:28 AM   #50  
Glitter Guru

Heehee--this is a great thread! Thanks for the giggles--esp. about the blank card! Now I am wondering if I have done that before and no one told me, LOL!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2008, 05:36 AM   #51  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonw05View Post
Heehee--this is a great thread! Thanks for the giggles--esp. about the blank card! Now I am wondering if I have done that before and no one told me, LOL!

Sharon
I have several great nieces. Madison and Kimmie have birthdays just a month apart. I sent Madison a card and then a month later, I sent Kimmie's card to Madison. According to Madison's mom, Madison liked them both. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2008, 06:00 AM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

well I usually have an assortment, and I try to pick by which one "looks" like that person and also by what that person will do with it. My 'best" cards go to the stampers (Not family) cause I know they will appreciate the work, technique, or improvement from last year. The regular ones go to other people and then there are the orphans...
the cards from a year or two back, so who got those cards from a year or three before (undated, so who knows how old they are?) and what do I do with them? Some of these go to new friends made this year, whom I know did not get a card last year. And my husband cherry picks a card to give to his office mate "it has to be a good one, because she saves it and keeps it on her desk!"

So after all this the cards require a personal note, and then I only get ten mailed out, so I am ahead for next year!

Betsy

(who cares if Jill gets two kitty santas then it was because you knew she loves cats and santas!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2008, 07:14 AM   #53  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry if this has already been thrown out since I only skimmed the other suggestions (and I know I've sent a blank card...someone told me) BUT...How about making new designs/colors using the same images so the person gets a new take on the "kitty".

I have a very 'frugal' and creative stamping friend who bought one set and used it every year for 3 years in a row and each card was so different that I was probably the only one who realized it was all from one set (since I'm a stamping up freak and know every little dash and which set it belongs to).

Hey, it'll be like Chistmas card roulette! Who will get what!?? Do it for several years and offer someone a prize for three in a row from the same design... like playing the slot machine! HA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #54  
Vee
Glitter Guru

I have send out a dozen christmas cards without addresses on them once. (OK, may twice) of course they were back in my mailbox the next time I went out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #55  
Watercolor Wizard

I'm pretty sure only my stampy friends keep or remember my cards, unless a picture of the kids is part of the card, and I am incapable of making two identical cards . . .

So I keep the sets that I really love and sell the ones I don't think I'll regret selling. I cannot part with Reindeer Print for example, but I sold Season of Joy (I think that's what is was called). My color combinations and techniques vary from year to year. So I don't keep track and don't overthink the holiday cards. ;-)

So create, enjoy, share, but don't stress.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

I can't speak for all Jills ;) but I wouldn't think a second thought about you using the same stamp twice - even if the card were the same design as last year I'd still think it were special that you remembered to send me a card.

Of course if it happened a third time then I would have to re-evaluate our friendship ... ;)

Jill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #57  
Glitter Queen

okk one more comment here I too have a journal with all my stamps stamped out in it in name and idea type order. It took a while to get it done but now I use it all the time ~ and if I am going to send someone a card any time of the year I jot down the date and name in pencil by that stamp so I remember not to send them the same "thank you ' for instance again. i am really loving this system. I also find myself thumbing threw the notebook for ideas all the time with out having to dig threw my stamp sets.
also like one of the other comments I save my hand made cards I recieve from people and often cut them up and use them on my scrapbook pages as embilishments when I need a quick page. I dont think people mind as this keeps there creation living on ! and it is fun to see what kind of page theme can happen from other peoples works of art! hugs Gail
Reply With Quote Likes