Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help. I'm doing my first hostess party!

Not only is this my first but it is a doozy.... My friend has at least 15 definates. She is doing a mother - daughter hostess workshop and the kids range from 9-11. I was set up to do only adults and I am not sure how to handle this? Any advice from anyone. I promised I would do 3 things, at least one being a 3-d item and they wanted a Christmas theme. HELP! Jennifer:confused: :confused:

Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 02:43 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You might get more answers to this if you put it in the demo area.

As far as advice, I've never done a mother/daughter thing, so I don't have anything useful to tell you, other than make sure that the moms help the daughters with their projects and don't use a yellow pad...those seem to get messed up quicker than any other color, LOL!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 04:48 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jguyeby.........I'm not a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, but can offer a suggestion for Christmas 3-D items to make. In the new Sizzix dies, there is a Point 3-D Star and a 3-D circle ornament that can be cut then glued together to create an ornament. Just attach ribbon at the top. Just embellish how you choose. I've made several of each of these items.

I'm not sure how well children could handle the idea of assembly, but when done correctly, they certainly turn out very nice.

You could do gift tags with a Christmas theme and greeting cards also.

I've taught craft classes and would not do a class with 15 people in it. Too many levels of crafters in any group. Some are experienced and some know very little.....too much span to handle that many people at one class. Break group in two different classes.

Just my opinions.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 04:59 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Not a demonstrator here either but I've done some crafts with DD's brownie troop. One of the 3D items that are really a hit with the girls is covered notebooks. We picked some of the spiral bound up at Michael's on clearance from the $ section. Just pick some nice DP (have it cut ahead of time), give them DP and ribbon ends (to tie on the coils). We did small white squares with a colored layer behind and then let them use alphabet stamps (or you could do those cool adhesive letters) to put a monogram on. It's simple and doesn't take to long and the girls LOVE their journals.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 06:09 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by askagainView Post
Not a demonstrator here either but I've done some crafts with DD's brownie troop. One of the 3D items that are really a hit with the girls is covered notebooks. We picked some of the spiral bound up at Michael's on clearance from the $ section. Just pick some nice DP (have it cut ahead of time), give them DP and ribbon ends (to tie on the coils). We did small white squares with a colored layer behind and then let them use alphabet stamps (or you could do those cool adhesive letters) to put a monogram on. It's simple and doesn't take to long and the girls LOVE their journals.

Good luck!
Hey I think this is a great idea. The Composition books (no spiral) are 50 cents at WalMart. And I saw the spiral books 5 for 35 cents at Target. HTH

Good Luck!

Stamping my scrapbook pages away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

For your 3-D project, I was at a stamp club a year ago and we did a Christmas design with the stampin-a-round roller all over a page. Then we made tubes, like I found here in the gallery.

Halloween Twist Containers by dostamping at Splitcoaststampers

You use the red double stick tape and crimp the end. You have to leave the other end open until use. You can go ahead and crimp it though.

These are fabulous to put a gift card in and hang on the Christmas tree!!

Suzy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Don't panic. I am not a demo but it has been my experience that it is easier to teach the kids than adults. They are used to listening to instructions and aren't afraid to do something that is not perfect. Good luck!

Just an FYI. My friend is a demo and had a group that got together every two weeks for a workshop but many of them never placed an order. She has had to start charging $5 for guests who don't make a purchase of at least $20 to cover the cost of the projects because she was losing money.

You will have to watch the cost of your projects because you will have two people making projects and only one of them ordering.

Reply With Quote Likes