Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!!!! I lost my stuff!!! :( :( :(

Well when I was trying to organize my room I lost my power supply for my Cricut Expression and I called Provo Craft and they do not see them getting them in for about 2+ weeks.. Does ANYONE know where I can purchase one now????????

oh and not only the power supply cord but my blade housing AND blades I cant find either. This was taken out of the box and I am taking it that they got tossed with the box it came in :(

Tell me this isn't bad.. I've had this for almost a year and decided ok QUIT being chicken of the thing and try to use it.. And look what happens!! Sheesh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't have a Cricut so I don't know where to buy a replacement cord.
Maybe all isn't lost.

Has the trash been picked up or is the box still in the trash cart?

Try sitting down with a cup of tea and try to re-created in your mind what you were doing as you were re-organizing your craft room.
Can you envision having the cord in your hand? Can you envision holding the blades and housings?
If so you may be able to recall where you put them.
Where do you normally put small accessories?

Good Luck!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, I would never throw the box away to any kind of appliance like that. It may be needed for storage or moving purposes at a later date.

I guess very first of all, I wouldn't wait a year to open a box of such an expensive piece of equipment. You want to open and try it out to make sure it works before it's too late to return. Your warrenty is up by now, too.

I would not try an alternate cord for the machine. The power cords are based on a particular usage and amps. You could damage the equipment by not using the appropriate cord.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I found it I found it!!!!!!!!
and the other stuff too.. I agree Patti, it is not something I normally do.. all I can do is pray it works.. the warranty isn't up yet.. thank goodness for that..

Not sure what was going on for me to have done such a silly (ok ok stupid thing lol)

but *snoopy dances* I found my stuff.. it was in a drawer where I would have NEVER thought to look, I just happen to open it and BAM there it was
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Fantastic!! Now you don't need to spend more money for a new power cord and blades.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
First of all, I would never throw the box away to any kind of appliance like that. It may be needed for storage or moving purposes at a later date.

I guess very first of all, I wouldn't wait a year to open a box of such an expensive piece of equipment. You want to open and try it out to make sure it works before it's too late to return. Your warrenty is up by now, too.

I would not try an alternate cord for the machine. The power cords are based on a particular usage and amps. You could damage the equipment by not using the appropriate cord.

Patti
I never keep boxes for any kind of appliance. I do make sure I get all the parts out first, but boxes are clutter. Plus I'd rather store stamps tham empty boxes.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by franb63View Post
I found it I found it!!!!!!!!
and the other stuff too.. I agree Patti, it is not something I normally do.. all I can do is pray it works.. the warranty isn't up yet.. thank goodness for that..

Not sure what was going on for me to have done such a silly (ok ok stupid thing lol)

but *snoopy dances* I found my stuff.. it was in a drawer where I would have NEVER thought to look, I just happen to open it and BAM there it was
WooHoo! Congrats!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post

I guess very first of all, I wouldn't wait a year to open a box of such an expensive piece of equipment. You want to open and try it out to make sure it works before it's too late to return. Your warranty is up by now, too.

Patti
I keep the boxes and all the original packing materials for everything too.
Moving is a cinch if you have the original boxes. Plus if anything needs to be returned under warrantee they want it shipped in the original box .

I have the boxes for all of my household appliances, stereo components, VCR, Computer , printer, etc. For things I seldom use I store them in their boxes.
I take out the instruction booklets and staple the receipt to the booklets and file them so I have them handy if there is a problem. If something came in bubble packaging I staple the receipt to the cardboard part and file that.

It only takes a minute to staple the receipts to the booklets and can save hours of hunting if I ever need them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah!! I hate when I reorganize and can't find stuff!!

I don't save boxes, I wish I had the storage space many of you have because I sure don't. The only box we kept was to our espresso maker, otherwise, out it goes to the recycle bin!! I guess I'll take my chance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I am so glad you found everything. I just wrote up a post to help you replace it, lol.

The power adapter and blades are easily replaced. That blade housing was going to be a toughie. I am glad you found everything.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 07:01 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One trick to saving the original boxes is to take your utility knife and slit the tape and colapse the box so it can store flat or unfold the box. You can get many boxes that way in a very small amount of space. Store under the bed, couch, behind furniture, etc.

I also store some bozes inside of other larger boxes to save space. I have a small apartment, so space is at a premium.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes