Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with craft items

I've been asked to help dispose of craft items of a friend who died last winter. I'm not sure exactly what there is exept, I know she was a D.O.T.s rep for a while. That's how I got into stamping. But I know she made soap, painted on fabrics, made candles and I don't know what else. What would be your suggestions of how to go about disposing of these items. Am not sure what her daughter has in mind -- give away, sell, what. I'm thinking maybe just stuffing boxes full of craft items for $x and see how that goes, then possibly giving stuff to nursing homes, pre-schools, etc. Seriously need your suggestions.

Wanda

PS I also posted this in the buy/sell/trade section.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss. I have a friend who's mother passed and what she did was brought boxes of her crafty things into our office and put them in an empty cubicle. We had a garage sale of sorts and people took what they wanted and then put some money into a little box that she had set out. What did not get taken at the end of the week was donated to the local thrift store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry for the loss of your friend. I would sit and talk with her daughter and see what she was thinking. Some people donate them to organizations, others sell and donate the money in their loved one names to a favorite charity etc. You can check with local charities/scout groups etc. to see if they could use the supplies... It all depends on her goals. Sorry you lost your friend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

If you decide you are going to have a sale, make sure that you advertise on Craig's List. I have sold several things there and found things to buy as well. Don't advertise as a garage sale unless you are pricing things very low. Another place to check if her daughter wants to give it away is her church. It is getting to be Vacation Bible School time and they are always looking for supplies. Sorry for you loss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

boys/girls club, Ronald McDonald House are a couple of good places to donate
Reply With Quote Likes