Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-16-2006, 04:55 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anyone made the switch to SU?

I have all CTMH stamps the acrylix ones and am not feeling very motivated to use them lately. There are a ton of SU ones I want but ofcourse cannot afford them. I was thinking of selling my CTMH ones on Ebay and then using the money to buy some SU ones I want. I like how you can use Stazon with them, you cannot do that with the acrylix. Everyone talked about how great acrylix are b/c you can see thru them, but now I'm really liking the SU stamps. Has anyone switched over from acrylix to wood mount, or from CTMH to SU. I'm not a rep, just bought them thru a friend. I just seem to be liking SU's images more now and I love there background stamps. Any thoughts. It would be too expensive to keep all the acrylix stamps I have and buy the SU ones I want as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 05:06 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sell those babies and get some from SU!! I have a couple of CTMH sets, but like the SU designs much better, too!! Probably not much of a help, huh??

Lauri
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 05:37 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're not using your CTMH stamps sell them. Whether you buy SU or other stamps doesn't matter, just get stuff you'll USE. It's silly to hang on to stuff you don't want/like anymore. Even if you only get 2 new sets think of the fun you'll have using sets you actually are inspired by!

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 05:44 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Of course I have had days where I have thought about selling every single TAC, Stampendous, generic stamps that I have and just going with SU all the time.

Then again, I'm also a little batty from time to time. ;)
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 06:13 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

You should always buy what you like, your "style" will change, mine sure has since I started stamping and I sold all my old SU foam stamps that were very "country" because I'm not into that anymore.
btw you *can* use Staz-on on your CTMH acrylix stamps, they stain just like any other stamp but it won't hurt them.

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 06:33 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

rubber, acrylic, foam- I use all kinds of stamps and they all serve thier purposes. You can use Stazon with the polymer stamps, staining isnt really a big deal to me if it is not resulting in a poor impression or color. If you have some sets that arent your style anymore, sell those and purchase whatever stamps you like. Personally I dont like to back myself into a corner being only able to use one brand of stamps. By the way, this site has loads of SU fans and demos, so you most likely will get lots of enabling from here ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 08:06 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Maybe you could keep the CTMH sets you really like and then sell the rest to get Stampin Up sets. I buy sets from all the different companies, I prefer stampin Up's images but when it come to alphabets I prefer acrylix.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 08:15 AM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catty526
Maybe you could keep the CTMH sets you really like and then sell the rest to get Stampin Up sets. I buy sets from all the different companies.
I agree... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 08:32 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny4wheel
If you're not using your CTMH stamps sell them. Whether you buy SU or other stamps doesn't matter, just get stuff you'll USE.
Absolutely! All that matter is that you buy what you love, cuz then you'll USE and ENJOY what you buy!

Go for it, kiddo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 08:34 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catty526
Maybe you could keep the CTMH sets you really like and then sell the rest to get Stampin Up sets. I buy sets from all the different companies, I prefer stampin Up's images but when it come to alphabets I prefer acrylix.
I completely agree, get rid of the ones you don't use, or havent used. keep the ones you really really cant live without, are in love with and know you will use again. Use the money you make to buy new sets from where ever you want. But no matter what make sure it is something you will use, why get rid of things youre not using to buy more things you wont use.. LoL make sure whatever you buy you are buying to use and not hoard like we all seem to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 08:40 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

I had a couple of ctmh set but I really love SU. I love the quality and designs. I really like the company as well. I don't think there is much that I so not like about SU
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 09:52 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Only keep what you love and use, no matter which company it's from.

I'm an SU demo but I do own other stamps and equipment that's non-SU. The way I see it, I want what I consider to be the best, cutest, handiest, etc. and brand shouldn't matter. > Although it is in my best interest to "buy from myself," if there's something I can't get from SU you can be sure I'll find it elsewhere. SU is my first choice but not exclusively.

I am a stampaholic. As an addict I don't care who my supplier is...:mrgreen: :twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 11:42 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I recently became an SU demo, and I already have a lot of SU products. However, my best friend and I have tried out some acrylix lately, and we like those too-- they both have their advantages-- it's much easier to store and see through the acrylix. We even thought about signing up as a TAC "demo" and splitting the starter kit, but then when we looked through the online catalog, we only came up with a couple of sets we wanted. I just don't find the designs to be that great. I like the cost-effectiveness of acrylix, but if I don't like the images, it's definitely worth the extra money to go with SU. You just can't find their designs other places. I dont' know how they end up with the best artists/designs as compared to the other companies, but I hope they keep it up!

Besides, most people--at least I-- won't use something if I don't like it, so why buy or keep it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2006, 03:49 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll go through mine and get rid of the sets I have never used and won't use and keep the cute one's I do use. I have a list of SU sets I already want. lol! I'll take that money and buy some of them. I just really like some of the SU images and background sets. It seems like they have alot more designs to offer than CMTH does now. Plus looking through the gallery here I find sets I love. lol! You enablers!!! lol! Guess I'll have fun doing that this weekend. Thanks again for the replies!!!
Reply With Quote Likes