Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grumpy about shipping

Is it just me or would you rather a company waits to send you a shipping conformation until they have really gotten your package to the shipper. I recieved a shippng conformation on Sunday and as of today the carrier still has only gotten the notice to expect the box. If the box it's not with the carrier it hasn't been shipped :rolleyes: Ok, I feel a little better now thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

In my experiences, carriers don't always update the shipping information in a timely manner. I've received items and two or three days later the tracking info still said that the carrier should expect to receive the package for shipment. :rolleyes:

It's quite possible that your package is already on its way to you, but the carrier just hasn't updated that info.

I agree with you that it's annoying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sometimes it takes a while for the PO to update the notice.

Also there is lots of weather related stuff going on all over. Maybe that could be an issue with the delay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I get how you feel. I ordered something 2+ weeks ago and got the shipping confirmation e-mail, but Fed-ex didn't get the package until a couple of days later. I still don't have the package (expected delivery on the 27th) cause it is coming the slowest way possible (I needed a few things and the order was sufficient to get free shipping). I've never had an order take 3 weeks to get to me, and probably will not order from this company again.

I think companies send the shipping notice so they can charge your credit card. I don't understand why some companies don't look at differences in shipping options and only stick to one shipper. My order would have easily fit into the smallest priority box and cost less than Fed-Ex, and I would have received it a long time ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I must be the exception. I never look at shipping conformations. I don't track orders. I keep the emails in my inbox and if I notice after a couple of weeks I haven't received something I might start watching for it. I am always amazed when something I order arrives within two or three days of my order. I am beginning to wonder if I am too casual about it.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

I am going to give it until tomorrow afternoon. I live with in 2 hrs of the company and it is overnight even with out priority shipping.

ScrampShopper, I get you to, we ordered for our business and they sent an item supper saver it went for Grand Rapids Mi to Columbus Oh, to Detroit Mi then down to Toldeo Oh. it took 5 days and only saved 72 cents. It could have been put in an envelope and mail snail mail in 2 days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to work for a company that shipped everything FedEx smart post. (Went FedEx partway, then they dropped off at the nearest post office and the post office completed the delivery.

A friend of mine would order from them - in the same town - and the package would ship to New Berlin, WI and then come back "up north" for delivery. It usually took him close to 5 days to receive it. He felt the hassle of having to go to the store to have them order it and then drive back to the store a couple of days later to pick it up was worth the shipping charge.

I'm another one who has received packages that show the shipper has received notification of the shipment, and the tracking isn't updated until after I actually have the package.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I had that happen to me just last week. I kept looking for the info to be updated and the package was delivered and its still not updated. I think the PO is just having a rough time right now. There is terrible weather EVERYWHERE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Unfortunately when dealing with USPS they do not always scan the package until it is delivered. Thus, it is called a delivery confirmation number, although erroneously thought of as a tracking number. I have been dealing with this for years and wish USPS would be more clear about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I ordered some paper once and it was coming by UPS. The shipping notice said it would arrive the day after I was getting home from vacation. So wasn't worried about it. Came home from vacation and the box had been sitting outside of my house in the winter weather for the whole time I was gone on vacation (3 days). Fortunately everything in it was protected so only the box got wet, but if I had known it was going to arrive early, I would have asked my neighbor to grab it or have a friend stop by. It gets frusterating.

Trish
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Still not here, check and it was recieved by the shipper last night. At this point I guess I am just amazed at the time it takes this company to ship. The weather isn't the issue, I know it is very bad in some places, not the case here. I can live with out the things I ordered. Like I said at the top of the thread don't send a comformation just because you have printed my label. The bad thing about this is I love the products from this company. If they had a store front I would take a road trip and most likly drain my check book.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee T.View Post
Still not here, check and it was recieved by the shipper last night. At this point I guess I am just amazed at the time it takes this company to ship. The weather isn't the issue, I know it is very bad in some places, not the case here. I can live with out the things I ordered. Like I said at the top of the thread don't send a comformation just because you have printed my label. The bad thing about this is I love the products from this company. If they had a store front I would take a road trip and most likly drain my check book.

I would send an email to the compnay in question with a gentle reminder about the length of time it is taking to receive your order. See what their response is. Some are simply overwhelmed with the # of orders they are receiving and are behind. One time I found out there had been a death of a store ee. I also agree that the weather has been horrible. Perhaps my "soft" attitude come from being in Canada - the Post here is terribly (IMO), slow and items regularly take unnecessary trips around the country before being delivered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I just checked the tracking more closely for my package. It is coming SmartPost. So far it has been to 2 places in Oregon, then 2 places in Washington, then to Wisconsin yesterday. It took a whole week and a half to do this. I live in Texas, and at this rate, I may never get it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrampShopperView Post
I just checked the tracking more closely for my package. It is coming SmartPost. So far it has been to 2 places in Oregon, then 2 places in Washington, then to Wisconsin yesterday. It took a whole week and a half to do this. I live in Texas, and at this rate, I may never get it!
What state is the company you ordered from located in? Because from what I remember, it shouldn't bounce around like that. In the example I gave, New Berlin WI was pretty much the first stop for everything we sent, but the packages then followed a pretty logical path to their final destination. Oregon to Washington to Wisconsin to get to Texas is not a logical progression
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

I'm going out on a limb here and I'm assuming that the OP is talking about a package from Papertrey Ink.

If so, you are not alone in experiencing longer than usual delays. Evidently they moved their warehouse and operations shortly before their latest release on May 15. I would not choose to do so in such close proximity to my busiest time of the month, but they didn't ask me. ;)

I hope you get your goodies soon. I really like this latest release. I've used two of the sets already which is a rare thing for me.

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

According to a Post Office employee, the status of a priority mail package only gets updated if the label gets scanned. It might not be scanned until delivery, which is why many packages show as "billing info received" until actual delivery. I've had many packages be sitting on my porch before the USPS shows that it is even in transit.

And if it is PTI from which you ordered, they have indeed just bought a larger warehouse, and Nichole posted that orders would be delayed a little due to the move and settling in process as the employees got accustomed to the new layout. Getting a larger warehouse may help them keep more stock on hand, which should reduce the out-of-stocks that make some people angry.

They are also trying to include the new anniversary bonus set with these orders, and Nichole said that orders are being cross-checked for qualification. Last year, lots of people were mad that the anniversary sets took too long to ship. This year they are making a concentrated effort to get them out quicker, and are getting dinged that it is slowing down the new release shipping. Can't win, no matter what...go figure!

Hope you get your goodies very soon, whatever they are!

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree with you OP. I would rather not get my hopes up in assuming that the package has shipped when it is actually still sitting in the warehouse. A shipping notice should mean that the package has shipped, not just that a label has been created. :-)

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57View Post
I'm going out on a limb here and I'm assuming that the OP is talking about a package from Papertrey Ink.

If so, you are not alone in experiencing longer than usual delays. Evidently they moved their warehouse and operations shortly before their latest release on May 15. I would not choose to do so in such close proximity to my busiest time of the month, but they didn't ask me. ;)

I hope you get your goodies soon. I really like this latest release. I've used two of the sets already which is a rare thing for me.
Wow! I was thinking the same thing about who the OP was talking about too! I ordered from PTI on the launch night and placed another order on the following Monday morning for the dies I wanted. I got the stamps last Friday and just got the shipping notice for the dies yesterday. It is frustrating when a company has such a great reputation for shipping quickly. I usually get my orders from them within 2-days. I know they warned us that shipping times would take longer....but that doesn't mean we impatient stampers really accept it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

I'm assuming my order is being shipped from Oregon based on the shipping info. It departed New Berlin, WI today.
The OP did not name a company to bash and I didn't either. My order is not from PTI, and I didn't even say it was craft related.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrampShopperView Post
I'm assuming my order is being shipped from Oregon based on the shipping info. It departed New Berlin, WI today.
The OP did not name a company to bash and I didn't either. My order is not from PTI, and I didn't even say it was craft related.
Who's bashing? The OP mentioned Toledo, OH and being 2 hrs from her and PTI is in Ohio. She mentioned no storefront and PTI doesn't have one. She mentioned getting a shipping notice but no movement and PTI is known for printing shipping labels in batches and then you wait 2, 3, 4, or 5 days for it to actually ship.

I said it was a guess and that it was in reference to the OP, but I think it's a reasonable assumption. ;)

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbenjamView Post
Can't win, no matter what...go figure!
Mary
I was responding to this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

My gripe is with any company that send you a shipping comformation before it really sends out your package. I am not bashing any one company but the pratice of sending a notice just bacause it has printed a label is not doing right by it's customers. I have a busness and would never contact a client and say your images are on the way when they were not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sometimes the companies have no control over when the shipping confirmation is sent. If it is coming from their store personally then, yes of course, they do. But many come directly from the shipper they are using. When you print the label the shipping notification goes out automatically with a lot of shipping programs. Not defending or offending any company mentioned here, just trying to be helpful and clarify how the whole shipping thing works.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #24  
Compulsive Stamper

Oh I feel your pain! I got a shipping notice from the shipping company (UPS) on Friday with a projected delivery date of tomorrow. Today I checked the tracking number just in case it might be early....no luck! Not only will it not be early, they haven't even received the package yet!

I'm just excited to get my new goodies so the waiting is killing me! I can be patient, I can be patient, I can be patient! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2011, 03:11 AM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee T.View Post
Is it just me or would you rather a company waits to send you a shipping conformation until they have really gotten your package to the shipper. I recieved a shippng conformation on Sunday and as of today the carrier still has only gotten the notice to expect the box. If the box it's not with the carrier it hasn't been shipped :rolleyes: Ok, I feel a little better now thanks.
KWIM, girl. I got one last FRIDAY (5/27) that my pkg "had" shipped on TUESDAY (5/31) (rather than Monday b/c of the long weekend). Are you kidding me? That's a delay of 5 days - nearly a week.

I understand that it automatically sends somewhere in the process of them contacting the carrier, but it's more fun to think that maybe the live in an alternate universe where time runs backwards, LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

Well my package did get here it only took 15 days to get from the shipper to me. I am so glad they sent it priority mail;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellesscrapView Post
When you print the label the shipping notification goes out automatically with a lot of shipping programs. Not defending or offending any company mentioned here, just trying to be helpful and clarify how the whole shipping thing works.
I have to agree with Michellescrap on this one. In our case, once we print the labels our shipping program automatically sends out a shipping notification and tracking number.

We arrange for the PO to pick up that day, but sometimes they don't, which means that the order goes out the next business day. It can be frustrating if there is a weekend or holiday in there, which means that the next day is several days off. And sometimes they don't scan the packages. This is frustrating for us and our customers.

AND that doesn't take into consideration weather and such. We ship our packages Priority Mail, which is usually 2-3 days, but the PO doesn't guarantee it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss MeowyView Post
I have to agree with Michellescrap on this one. In our case, once we print the labels our shipping program automatically sends out a shipping notification and tracking number.

We arrange for the PO to pick up that day, but sometimes they don't, which means that the order goes out the next business day. It can be frustrating if there is a weekend or holiday in there, which means that the next day is several days off. And sometimes they don't scan the packages. This is frustrating for us and our customers.

AND that doesn't take into consideration weather and such. We ship our packages Priority Mail, which is usually 2-3 days, but the PO doesn't guarantee it.
I remember when First Class mail was supposed to be 2-3 days on a regular basis, and Priority Mail was supposed to be 1-2 days. You could pay for the Priority Mail to make sure that the package or whatever got there faster than if you had sent it First Class. Now, neither one seems to mean much of anything.

I've lost track of the number of times I've received a shipping notice and it was only because whoever I bought the item(s) from had printed out the mailing label on their end - but nothing actually ships until days later. Very frustrating, both with the shipping confirmation and the fact that Priority Mail really isn't anymore "priority" than First Class. Both types have gotten incredibly slow, even if the whole country is having great weather.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with the OP, it can be frustrating. I like to know when it's actually on it's way to me so I can estimate when it will get to me. I'm just way to impatient!
Thanks for that explanation, Michelle!
Reply With Quote Likes