Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 510 Likes on 229 Posts

And to KJ and DeeAnn...don't stop posting because somebody says they get frustrated at spelling/grammar/punctuation errors. Hey, we all do it...I like to use the ellipsis far too much...that's this three dot thingy. ;)

And I love your !!!!! KJ!!!! I can just imagine you're bouncing up and down excited!

DeeAnn...much as I am also a proofreader and cringe at the spelling/grammar/punctuation errors, I realize that sometimes we attempt to get our personality into our personal communication on forums/facebook/etc. I, too, have a learning disability and getting anything out of my head onto paper is a major struggle. I could never write a book! But I work at it and don't let it make me hide. Keep up the good work!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #42  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

My pet peeve is the number of times I finish the front of my card and then stamp the sentiment or wording on the card inside CROOKED! And not just a little crooked - it's ridiculously crooked! It makes me crazy! Why don't I stamp the card inside first or use a stamp positioner? But no, I just go ahead and stamp it without thinking and it's crooked.....again.....aahhhhhh.....!!!! :rolleyes:

I do get a little annoyed when I am on Pinterest and click on on a picture hoping it will be a direct link to the picture only to find that it is just a general link to a blog and I have to search and search....and search for the said item. Not a big deal really - just time-consuming and quite frustrating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 409 Likes on 355 Posts

Diane, you are correct...ALL snowflake have 6 points...always have and always will. It's the nature of the crystal formation of water. If you could enlarge my avatar, you would see it. The photo was taken by my son on a ski lift in CO....when the pattern of each snowflake could be seen very clearly against the vibrant blue of the lift.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 02:57 AM   #44  

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have to many pet peeves. I sometimes don't even notice spelling errors on threads. I should never be an editor, I would SUCK at it! I am to interested in what people are saying about the topic, I get the general idea.

Craft pet peeves would be creepy kid stamps. Why??? SU has a kid set, one is cute and at first look the second is cute, but then you really look at the faces and they are CREEPY looking!!!! I don't need ghost children stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperManipulatorView Post
Last year I bought the SU! Northern Frost die that has a strip of snowflakes because I was at a SU! event and felt I had to buy something. I put it away and just got it out yesterday to cut some snowflakes. Yes, I was dismayed to see that they all have eight points. I hadn't noticed before. Nuts! And yes, apostrophes in the wrong place bug me, too. And the misuse of I and me--"The gift is from Joe and I." Grrrrr! That really bugs me. I guess I do feel testy tonight.
Oh, man! I never paid attention, and - now that I'm aware - I'll have a hard time using it. That thing was pricey, too...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 04:34 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzytobiView Post
Music stuff illustrated incorrectly! Note stems (and flags if they are eighth notes or smaller) have a VERY specific direction depending on where on the staff they are sitting! Also, just stand-alone notes have rules too: notes with stems up are on the right and stems down are on the left. Don't even get me started about cramming a bunch of different notes with varying values into one measure - that's the next level. hahahaha
I agree completely! Whatever the language, if you're not fluent, get someone to check your work before you make it into a stamp!

I really want to buy nearly every set of music stamps I see, but I get annoyed when companies take too much liberty with shapes, such as the treble clef. There's a lovely set that I want to like, but the treble clefs are fat-bottomed and funny looking, so I can't buy it.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #47  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

And the misuse of I and me--"The gift is from Joe and I." Grrrrr! That really bugs me. I guess I do feel testy tonight.
Don't forget "myself"! That one bugs me. I am by no means qualified to be the grammar police but I do know that you don't say "Contact Joe or myself with questions". Between "myself" and "utilize" I am not sure which would win out as the big grammar pet peeve for me...probably "myself" because "utlilize" has actually become the norm where it did not used to be. My English teacher told us that unless you are MacGyver, you are not utilizing anything, you are using it; I guess that sort of stuck with me and I rarely use that word, if ever. Punctuation is my shortfall...I love the ellipsis (thanks fionna51 for that word, I did not know that was what those dots were!) and I use dashes in just about every post.

As for snowflakes, I never counted the sides. I have noticed that some look like flowers and now I know why I thought that! I do have stamps that have more than 6 but I just figure 2 lonely snowflakes got together and paired up. It does not bother me if people have misspellings or punctuation errors in a chat room sort of setting but in a professional setting it does. One thing I will say though...I know how to spell most words but if I am on an unfamiliar keyboard or on my cell, the words just have a way of coming out wrong no matter how hard I try. :oops: (An extra letter or 2...or 3 is not uncommon in a text from me!) One thing that does sort of bug me is when my kids say "lol"...actually SAY L O L. Laugh if you want to laugh, don't lol. Or my one daughter who says "jk" instead of saying "just kidding". I suppose "jk" is the equivalent to when we used to say "NOT!" so I should learn to get over it :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #48  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I would never presume to correct anyone's grammar on a message board; however, if it is in a publication, from a professional/business, or on something that I'm purchasing, the grammar and spelling must be correct.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
I absolutely hate it when people abbreviate Christmas to xmas. It ruins the card for me.

Thanks for letting me vent about that at this Christmas time of year.

Shirl
Obviously you can take this or leave but my University New Testament professor blew the lid on this and said that xmas is ok.

Wiki explains it - Xmas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. It is sometimes pronounced /ˈɛksməs/, but it, and variants such as Xtemass, originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation /ˈkrɪsməs/. The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass,[1] while the "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, translated as "Christ".[2]

There is a common misconception that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas[3] by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas".
So Xmas has been around for a very, very long time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,061 Likes on 816 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I would never presume to correct anyone's grammar on a message board; however, if it is in a publication, from a professional/business, or on something that I'm purchasing, the grammar and spelling must be correct.
Yes, I agree with that. I do like correct grammar and spelling but here is "home" which means you don't have to put on your "Sunday best" and be all stiff and uncomfortable ;). My mother used to work with dyslexics, and illiterate adults too, so I know well that fluent spelling and writing aren't natural for everybody.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #51  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
Ok, my new pet peeve is sort of craft related. I like to use pinterest to hunt for inspiration a lot these days and what really really bugs me are those pins that have a whole column of photos in it. Those ones where they put all the pictures for a tutorial into one long photo. It just means I have to scroll down to the bottom of that pin and wait for all the other pins to load and then scroll back up too see the pins. I have a fast internet connection and a fast computer and it takes a few seconds, but I can imagine how long it would take if you were on a slow dial-up connection, so I feel bad for the people on a slow connection.
YES OMG YES.

Biggest Pinterest Pet Peeve EVER!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm a professional proofreader, so I confess to gritting my teeth when I read (too many) blogs and forums that are filled with mistakes that indicate a lack of knowledge of basic spelling and grammar. My only child is almost 30, so I don't know how these subjects are taught in today's classes. Even though most of us spend a lot of time on our computers, auto-correct and grammar checks are only tools -- and some of the "fixes" that auto-correct provides are either hilarious or capable of creating serious misunderstandings.

One of my current pet peeves has to do with a certain word that is being used more frequently to identify a person who sews. If they're a female professional, we might call them a seamstress. What do we call the non-professional? I can't be the only person who has seen sentences similar to "I don't have the skills to do that, but my mother is a sewer." That's not a nice thing to say about Mom.

A few years ago, my wonderful daughter-in-law informed me that snowflakes don't come in an 8-sided variety. I truly enjoy knowing that, no matter how long we live, there is always so much amazing stuff to learn!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

One of my biggest pet peeves...rubber mounted on wood that is NOT straight...ruined plenty of cards..now I always stamp on scrap paper before using on card...I have one stamp that is mounted UPSIDE down...really, no kidding, upside down. lol
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #54  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I seen

This is not craft related but I cannot stand it when someone says " I seen......" . I almost always want to correct them but unless it is one of my kids I bite my tongue. I know I say/write things incorrectly too. When I was younger I was an excellent speller...not so much nowadays. I guess we all need to be a little more tolerant of others so as not to discourage them from posting.

Last edited by wanda6; 12-19-2012 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: grammatical error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #55  
Kookie Creator

All of the above

I also hate the over use of the word 'adhere' in crafting. Like 'adhere the button to the front of the card'.

Quite correct but what's wrong with 'stick' or 'glue'!

Lesley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
What's yours?

There's some things that just make me say "grrrrr"... like misspellings on stamps. But this time of year it's:

Snowflakes.

There. I've said it.

Snowflakes have six...count 'em...SIX points (or whatever you call them). Not eight.

I won't even take a second look at any stamps, embossing folders, dies, punches, or anything else that has snowflakes with anything other than SIX points.

So. I've confessed my pet peeve. I'm giving you a chance to confess yours. I may add to my list!
Diane, I came across a book that I've been thinking about getting for the daughter-in-law I mentioned in my previous post. I thought I'd put the link here for anyone who's interested in the the subject of the six-pointed snowflake: The Six-Cornered Snowflake: Johannes Kepler, Jacques Bromberg, Guillermo Bleichmar: 9781589880535: Amazon.com: Books.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #57  

Default AGREED!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanda6View Post
This is not craft related but I cannot stand it when someone says " I seen......" . I almost always want to correct them but unless it is one of my kids I bite my tongue. I know I say/write things incorrectly too. When I was younger I was an excellent speller...not so much nowadays. I guess we all need to be a little more tolerant of others so as not to discourage them from posting.
I read through this entire thread to see if anyone else had posted this one. This is my biggest pet peeve EVER. I see it all the time on the boards too and I cannot bring myself to ever reply to someone who has used those words. I'm terrible!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #58  
Glitter Guru

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally! A place for me to post this. It has been driving me crazy.

That SU stamp that says "The secret to life is enjoying the passing of time" and attributes it to James Taylor? A lovely stamp. But the quote is WRONG. It's "The secret to life is enjoying the PASSAGE of time." Not passing.

It's part of a lovely stamp set, but I can't buy it because the misquote so irritates me. How could SU get it wrong? Didn't they have to check with JT himself before they made it?

Oh. What a relief. I feel so much better now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #59  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
Finally! A place for me to post this. It has been driving me crazy.

That SU stamp that says "The secret to life is enjoying the passing of time" and attributes it to James Taylor? A lovely stamp. But the quote is WRONG. It's "The secret to life is enjoying the PASSAGE of time." Not passing.

It's part of a lovely stamp set, but I can't buy it because the misquote so irritates me. How could SU get it wrong? Didn't they have to check with JT himself before they made it?

Oh. What a relief. I feel so much better now.
Excuse me. I misquoted myself! It is of course "The secret OF life is enjoying the passage of time." Got a little worked up there. Big JT fan.

Last edited by Rachelrose; 12-19-2012 at 01:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Excuse me. I misquoted myself! It's "The secret OF life is enjoying the passage of time." Got a little worked up there.
:lol: too funny! but I agree, it doesn't take much to check a quote these days... did you hear the one about Abraham Lincoln and the internet...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #61  
Mad Swapper

Received 495 Likes on 164 Posts

Most of the time I just ignore spelling flubs, especially as more mobile keyboarding is used and without predictive keyboards goofs happen; but there is one I have to mention:
If it is a fingernail on a blackboard or a spatula against the side of a bowl, the word is SCRAPING. If it is ink, pictures and embellishments on paper, the informal word is SCRAPPING. TWO p's. Please. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #62  
Kookie Creator

It makes me a little crazy when the pronoun "I" is not capitalized. I cannot buy stamps with the incorrect capitalization.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #63  
Glitter Guru

What's the one about Abraham Lincoln and the internet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #64  
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post

And I love your !!!!! KJ!!!! I can just imagine you're bouncing up and down excited!
It's really THE only way for me to express emotions into typed words... ;)

I'm glad you all bite your tongue in correcting people's posts as it would TOTALLY make me never post to the gallery or my blog again, it makes you think the grammar police are on their way to kick in your door!!!! :( We are here to have fun.... :mrgreen: At least I am!!! LMAO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

No peeves from me, but all this talk of 6-sided snowflakes reminded me of these:

Suddenly There's A Meadow In The Ocean With 'Flowers' Everywhere : Krulwich Wonders... : NPR

Beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #66  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2View Post
Don't forget "myself"! That one bugs me. I am by no means qualified to be the grammar police but I do know that you don't say "Contact Joe or myself with questions".
YES!
This is such a common hyper-correction. I think the reason it bothers me so much is that a lot of people use it because they think it sounds more educated. Sadly, it does not. :cool:
President Obama misuses it constantly, as do many other public figures.

I also dislike how people use "literally" when they want to add emphasis.
"Dude, I literally jumped out of my skin!"
No you did not. However, your use of that word makes me figuratively want to jump out of mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #67  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
No peeves from me, but all this talk of 6-sided snowflakes reminded me of these:

Suddenly There's A Meadow In The Ocean With 'Flowers' Everywhere : Krulwich Wonders... : NPR

Beautiful!
Betsy, these images are so beautiful! The discussion taking place in the comments section is really interesting as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #68  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, thank you! I had no idea the number of points on a snowflake. I knew they were unique, but nothing else. I will be checking my stamps and folders now. I have been using all different ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #69  
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post

Beautiful!
Those are Gorgeous... and reading the comments has me LOL! It reminds me of hearing my hubby's tv show, the Big Bang Theory!!! LOL Smart people make my brains hurt!!!! Pure amazement of the amount of information that is stored in their brains... my cousin Ronnie is that way... my eyes literally glaze over when he talks to me, he is BIG in the political thing (not a politician).... :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #70  
Insane Embellisher

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts

Valli:"Foreign language things without translations (especially Asian characters). Put it on the packaging -- it's not that hard."

Valli, if you have any stamps with Chinese or Japanese characters and you are not sure what they mean, post an image & I may be able to help.
I do like to use Chinese or Japanese characters on an eastern looking card, but instead of using a stamp which includes the English translation, I will include the meaning on the back of the card. To my eyes, the English translation next to the character seems to interrupt the flow of the calligraphy.

As for buying items with misspellings, I have just bought some snazzy looking gift bags for bottles of wine. I chose them on the local answer to e-bay over here (Shanghai) & in the image online, everything was spelled correctly. They have a black background and then, in gold or silver, English words related to wine and the drinking thereof forming the shape of a bottle of wine down the length of the gift bag. The bags look great ... until you look closely at the words and realize that instead of "Chin Chin" they have printed "Chin Chim", and what should be "Here's to you!" is written as "Here,s to you!" with that pesky comma instead of an apostrophe.
I will still use them to give host/hostess gifts of wine while back home over Christmas as now, as well as looking good, they will provide a bit of a laugh.

Regarding pet peeves, as I buy all my craft paper online now, I would like all online shops to let you see the whole of each page in the stack before you choose. Sometimes, if it is not an all over design, one can form the wrong idea of what a page will look like from just seeing a small area of the page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

What's the one about Abraham Lincoln and the internet?
It is some variation of "The thing with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" ~ Abraham Lincoln ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 AM   #72  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furph's wifeView Post
Misspelling or even mispronouncing someones name even if it is a tough name not taking the time to really learn it.
YES and people actually misspell my name when it's already written right in front of them, like my screen name or e-mail address!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 03:55 AM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furph's wifeView Post
I get frustrated when I am looking for an idea or inspiration just something to jump start what I am doing I find something neat, it has a link for their blog for more info, but when you click on it it doesn't take you to that project. You have to search the blog. Also searching in the gallery here lately has been a bit of a bear too.

In the non crafting world: When people leave big gaps at a red light or not paying attention when the light turns green. Misspelling or even mispronouncing someones name even if it is a tough name not taking the time to really learn it. And when someone says pizza pie, instead of just pizza.
I have family that have known me since I was born that call me Christian - and so does my SIL. Seriously people it's phonetic! :rolleyes: or as my DH would say "it's like Catchprase, "say what you see"."

I came back to offer this autocorect from my friend's pastor on Facebook - autocorrect changes his status from "7 stops to make" to "7 stops to naked." :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 04:00 AM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by GumBlossomView Post
Valli:"Foreign language things without translations (especially Asian characters). Put it on the packaging -- it's not that hard."

Valli, if you have any stamps with Chinese or Japanese characters and you are not sure what they mean, post an image & I may be able to help.
I do like to use Chinese or Japanese characters on an eastern looking card, but instead of using a stamp which includes the English translation, I will include the meaning on the back of the card. To my eyes, the English translation next to the character seems to interrupt the flow of the calligraphy.

As for buying items with misspellings, I have just bought some snazzy looking gift bags for bottles of wine. I chose them on the local answer to e-bay over here (Shanghai) & in the image online, everything was spelled correctly. They have a black background and then, in gold or silver, English words related to wine and the drinking thereof forming the shape of a bottle of wine down the length of the gift bag. The bags look great ... until you look closely at the words and realize that instead of "Chin Chin" they have printed "Chin Chim", and what should be "Here's to you!" is written as "Here,s to you!" with that pesky comma instead of an apostrophe.
I will still use them to give host/hostess gifts of wine while back home over Christmas as now, as well as looking good, they will provide a bit of a laugh.

Regarding pet peeves, as I buy all my craft paper online now, I would like all online shops to let you see the whole of each page in the stack before you choose. Sometimes, if it is not an all over design, one can form the wrong idea of what a page will look like from just seeing a small area of the page.
and thus illustrating perfectly why although I have Chinese character stamps, I don't use them because I'm afraid the recipient would know more about the characters than me and I would have gotten it offensively wrong. *sigh*

FWIW I did ensure that the ones I bought (if the manufacturer is right) that I at least would stamp them in the correct orientation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #75  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sheldon and Penny discuss Chinese Characters - YouTube

I just had to post this clip after reading about the Chinese characters...ever since I saw this episode of "The Big Bang Theory" I can't look at tattoos the same!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #76  
Insane Embellisher

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts

I shall watch that clip while I am back home. Over here YouTube is one of the many websites blocked...which leads me to think of another pet peeve of mine while I am here. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #77  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, I'll jump in with mine.

The incorrect use of 'Forever',..."I have been doing this since forever" ....nails + chalkboard = Jukie squirming...ugh!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #78  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post

Another thing that drives me crazy in the "crafting world" is products that don't have any instructions explaining how they work. Martha Stewart products are notorious for this - especially the ones that are demonstrated on HSN. They do all these fabulous things with punches, etc.; and then, when you get the products, you have no clue how to make what you saw. And no, I don't want to play detective and hunt the directions down on their website or the rest of the Internet.

I completely agree with this! As much as I love crafting and being a crafter it is discouraging when you get an item/product and you don't know how to use. I think all products should have instructions and show you how to make different things as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #79  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesleybdView Post
All of the above

I also hate the over use of the word 'adhere' in crafting. Like 'adhere the button to the front of the card'.

Quite correct but what's wrong with 'stick' or 'glue'!

Lesley
This made me laugh. I think the same thing when people write that they "purchased" this or that. What happened to "bought?"
K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #80  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Last year I bought the SU! Northern Frost die that has a strip of snowflakes because I was at a SU! event and felt I had to buy something. I put it away and just got it out yesterday to cut some snowflakes. Yes, I was dismayed to see that they all have eight points. I hadn't noticed before. Nuts! And yes, apostrophes in the wrong place bug me, too. And the misuse of I and me--"The gift is from Joe and I." Grrrrr! That really bugs me. I guess I do feel testy tonight.
Ha! Well aren't you a party pooper!!! I just bought this (purchased lol) from the SU Clearance Rack and am awaiting shipment. Ugh. I'll never be able to look at it in the same way now. I wonder if this is why it's been discontinued...

K
Reply With Quote Likes