Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grrr.. That's it! NO more!

That's my very last order from FRUGALITIES! I reluctantly placed an order last night for a stamp set that I was having trouble finding. It was 60% off, so the price was great, then I added a 20 page pack of paper. The total order was about $8.50. The shipping was $10.50!!!!! I really hemmed and hawed before I finalized the order. I read their blurb about how they just charge the ACTUAL cost of shipping and don't try to make up for their low prices. I thought that if I paid full price for the set ($10), had to pay TN tax ( nearly 10%) and had to drive an hour to the nearest Michael's it would just about come out even. That's not the worst part! Today, I got an email from them stating that they were having a special - you guessed it - $5.95 shipping on any order! That's it ladies and germs - NO MORE FRUGALITIES!!!

Jutta
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

can you ask for them to adjust the s/h cost
someplaces do so if the prices change within 24 hrs
can't hurt to ask
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

The shipping costs usually deter me from ordering from ANY online site these days, after you tack on that its barely worth the *great deals*.
Unity Stamp Co. Artist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelliannieView Post
The shipping costs usually deter me from ordering from ANY online site these days, after you tack on that its barely worth the *great deals*.
That's what's happening to us in Canada. I really only will shop online (and only Canadian stores) if I absolutely have to. The shipping charges are usually the deal breaker for me too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

FREE SHIPING/NO SALES TAX on ANY ORDER, ANY SIZE! I've placed oh probably 10 orders over the last 2 months. Shipping is super fast, and it comes Fed EX. PLUS, you can pay with PayPal (which I always prefer to do)

www.scrapbookingalley.com

*** not affiliated in ANY way, just a super satisfied online shopper ****

The website always says the "special" runs through the current month, so not sure if the free shipping is going to go away anytime soon...... but until it does they get all of my business
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
FREE SHIPING/NO SALES TAX on ANY ORDER, ANY SIZE! I've placed oh probably 10 orders over the last 2 months. Shipping is super fast, and it comes Fed EX. PLUS, you can pay with PayPal (which I always prefer to do)

The website always says the "special" runs through the current month, so not sure if the free shipping is going to go away anytime soon...... but until it does they get all of my business

Add me to the list of happy shoppers. I've ordered a couple of times and been very happy with their service
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Me too. I've ordered a number of times and have never been disappointed, except when an item arrived broken....but, when I called, the item was replaced immediately!. I will go to them first for anything I need (want). I, too, save a bundle, just on the tax (Tennessee), alone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Default shipping

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
can you ask for them to adjust the s/h cost
someplaces do so if the prices change within 24 hrs
can't hurt to ask
I tried that. They told me they only charge the actual price that the USPS charges them. It doesn't cost $10 ( or more, in this case) to ship a 1.05 LB package to me, so I told them Hasta la vista baby!

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I to have order from scrapbookingalley.com and have been happy with them. I have only ordered once,but will order from them again in the future.

Gail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

I went to place an order with Frugalities once - they wanted $140 shipping on an order that was barely $70, um, no never mind... Plenty of good online craft retailers with really good customer service and free shipping with a minimum order. I prefer to send my business there way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #11  
neglecting the kids and housework

Quote:

This is apparently the same "store" as Wolf camera's scrapbooking section
here are the two brad pages...
http://www.wolfcamera.com/brads.htm?...embellishments
http://www.scrapbookingalley.com/bra...embellishments

I order from Wolf camera frequently but will be going this route next time if they are doing no shipping too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

That's how I feel about A Muse! Their shipping is astronomical. The few times I've wanted to place an order, the shipping was exactly 45% of the total bill ... for just paper? No, I dont think so.
DO U KNOW?
BRAK members love to send SCSers cards on their birthdays? Come join us.

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
is no path and leave a trail." ... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #13  
Inking Addict

I'm Canadian and tried to order through scrapbookingalley.com and I got an email asking to call a 1-800 number so I called and they told me I had to place an international order. Well there is no where to do that that I can find on their website. I found a secton that asks you to pick your country and currency from a drop down arrow but there are no choices. Any Canadians out there have a sucessful purchase from them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 05:18 AM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

Quote:

Amen to that, sister! If you order once a month from one company, it would not be too bad. But, most on-line stamp shoppers order from multiple companies multiple times. Really adds up! The only shipping I pay is through a few direct sales companies and it feels different when it is a friend taking my money.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 05:33 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Default online shopping

I usually end up shopping online because I live in a craft-shopping deprived area. It's an hour to any store that sells craft supplies (sob!). The issue of shipping and handling looms large in my budget.

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

I feel the same way about PTI. Sometimes all I want is a bag of buttons and the shipping is more than the buttons. Not to mention there are NEVER any specials. I still shop there, but much less that other places that offer some savings. I suppose they are a novelty or some such thing and refuse to undercut any of their prices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 06:09 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never order from an on-line business unless I meet their minimum no shipping charge amount or I'm ordering at least $100 worth of merchandise. It's not worth it to me to order just one item. I have AC Moore 8 miles away from me and in a last desperate attempt I can go to Michaels which is across the street from AC Moore. JoAnns big store is about 25 miles.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 06:19 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Hint to save shipping

Walmart has scrapbook/ stamping items on the wedsite. Lots more items than in your local store. For example there is Nestabilities, and a variety of different color stazon. Search the site with scrapbooking and stamping. You'll get different items. If you ship to the store, you pay NO shipping. Not everything ships to the store, but many things do and the info that tells you if it ships to the store is right there next to the items, so you'll know right away if you won't pay shipping. You Do however pay your local tax. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by scappermom; 08-29-2009 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: adding info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #19  
Inking Addict

I'm having the same problem with bella stamps I only want to order 1 stamp and they want to charge me 10:00 for shipping I can't see paying that much for one stamp

Deborah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsweeneyView Post
I feel the same way about PTI. Sometimes all I want is a bag of buttons and the shipping is more than the buttons. Not to mention there are NEVER any specials. I still shop there, but much less that other places that offer some savings. I suppose they are a novelty or some such thing and refuse to undercut any of their prices.
PTI's prices are already pretty low for what you get to begin with. They do offer FREE shipping on orders over $55. They also offer a FREE stamp set at the end of each year if you have purchased 12 sets worth either $15 or $24 throughout the year (Feb 15 - Feb 14). Maybe when you are wanting to make a purchase from them you could hold off until you have the $55 minimum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Yeah, Frugalities shipping policy is horse crap! They told me the same line about charging actual shipping. Ummm, NOT!!! Why is there a minimimum then on say one acrylic set that is less than $2 to mail. I haven't ordered from them in a VERY long time.

I feel the same wasy about PTI. I desperately want some sets but I can't justify spending $6.50 to buy one set at a time. I'd spend the $55 (if I had it) to get the free shipping. I don't know why they ever have any specials, so many other companies do!

I tried ordering from Scrapbook Alley once and the item I ordered was out of stock after I had sumbitted it. I was really disappointed and just thought maybe it would be like that all the time so I haven't tried again bt after reading this maybe I will!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #22  
Kookie Creator

Yeah, I have thought that about Frugalities before. It's even caused me to cancel an order when I saw how much the shipping would be. I try to use places that offer free shipping when your order reaches a certain amount and places that have specials periodically giving free or reduced shipping.

Holley
A new project everyday!
http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

thank you for posting the link to this site and the info. I finally ordered the Corner Chomper I have been wanting for a long while. I've never ordered from this company before, so I am hoping for good results.. after reading the good reviews on here, I decided to place an order with them.

thanks again ~ Pam

Quote:

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Living in Northern Ontario, Canada leaves me no choice but to shop online. Closest M's is 3 hours away their prices are horrendous! I'm a SU! demo so I get most of my items from them but for other things I have to shop online. Luckily I can shop at a couple of Canadian online stores but do buy quite a bit from American stores. IMHO I think that Custom Crops has the most reasonable shipping charges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

I have had nothing but great service from them. I have been very happy.

Give them a try!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
I usually end up shopping online because I live in a craft-shopping deprived area. It's an hour to any store that sells craft supplies (sob!). The issue of shipping and handling looms large in my budget.

Jutta
I know how you feel. Only place really close to me is Wal-mart, and three of them. OMG I can probably tell you item for item what they have in the isles. If I want a 'real' scrapbooking/stamping store, I'm having to head 45 minutes (Michaels).

It does seem that many of the stores make up for their loss in profit by charging very high shipping. The other is the coupons they email out and when I go on their website, seems nothing I ever want qualifies for the coupon.

I'm hooked on Scrapbookingalley.com and hope you in Canada can get with them. They have been great so far. I awaiting two orders this week from them. My first Nesties (plus some other stuff).

As for the 20% off and free shipping through August - Last month it said through July. Let's hope next week it will say through September.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2009, 08:35 AM   #27  
Compulsive Stamper

I wait on several companies to give shipping specials. Addictedtorubberstamping just had 1 cent shipping (minimum purchase of 5 items). Cutterscreek has free shipping over $35. etc. I browse the net to find companies with minimal or no shipping. I keep a list of these companies by my computer. And, knock on wood - my only bad experience ordering on line was with High Hopes where I paid high s/h. So, now I flat out won't pay high shipping even tho' I live in an area where the only supply store is a Michaels!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2009, 08:52 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingdeborahView Post
I'm having the same problem with bella stamps I only want to order 1 stamp and they want to charge me 10:00 for shipping I can't see paying that much for one stamp

Deborah
Me, too!! I love their stamps and there's one that I really, really want, but apparently I don't want it too badly since I still refuse to pay shipping that costs more than the stamp does! And I hardly ever buy enough at any online store to 'earn' the free shipping option. *sigh* Good thing I have a JoAnn, Michaels and Hobby Lobby fairly close - unfortunately that doesn't satisfy my need for the 'new' and 'different' items you can buy online....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person with this frustration! I live in Alaska and it really eats me up how some places act like shipping from the lower 48 is a big harry deal. I had one Internet company who tried to tell me it was going to cast me $50 to ship me one DVD. I told them I didn't need the DVD that badly. Luckily, I live near Anchorage so I can just run in to Micheal's or Joanne's...I have found a few places that isn't so bad. One place is cutathome.com, they have a monthly 40% off coupon that they email once a month and I didn't think their shipping was horrible either... IN fact I just go the circle and scallop circles Nesties (4 sets total) all for $57 after the coupon with shipping. They shipped pretty fast, I ordered last weekend (8/23) and I got them Friday (8/28 )... I'm hoping that they will continue to impress me. ( this was my first time ordering from them)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2009, 11:06 AM   #30  
Kookie Creator

this is why I never shop on Frugalities.com anymore

there are plenty of online scrapbook stores that will give you FREE shipping over a certain amount. PTI does this - and so does TwoPeasInaBucket.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2009, 01:50 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am another happy customer ordering from www.scrapbookingalley.com
Great place to do business. I only order from Papertrey when I have a large order which is usually every other month now. I DO NOT order bellas because their shipping is terrible and same with Whipper Snapper...Love their stamps but shipping makes it to expensive to do business there.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2009, 06:18 AM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

My order through www.scrapbookingalley.com arrived today.. I got a shipping notice yesterday and checked the tracking last night and it said it would be delivered today. I already got it this morning since FedEx isn't too far down the road from me.. yeah ~off to play with my new Corner Chomper.. thank you so much again to the person posting about the site, I had never heard of it before, but will definitely shop there again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
thank you for posting the link to this site and the info. I finally ordered the Corner Chomper I have been wanting for a long while. I've never ordered from this company before, so I am hoping for good results.. after reading the good reviews on here, I decided to place an order with them.

thanks again ~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2009, 06:27 AM   #33  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

It is different in Canada. We really get dinged with shipping charges by many US companies. And I do mean many!!!! I think that was the point of the above poster.

Fill your cart with goodies and then try put Canada as your shipping destanation. A lot of companies - but not all - have huge shipping charges to Canada .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #34  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Thanks for sharing! Just compared some prices on Nesties with a couple other sites and I'll be ordering from them next time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

They've become my new favorite website - I order from them a lot and have had no problems whatsoever, and I get great deals.

I used to be a Frugalities shopper, but I'd only place BIG orders to try and even out the shipping. I got frustrated waiting for what I was going to order until I had enough, and then the item I was really wanting would not be available anymore. It was just a pain in the neck.

So now, it's Scrapbooking Alley for me. Same great deals, and often even better prices than Frugalities, without the crazy shipping costs. (you can't tell me it costs $12 to ship a very small acrylic stamp set. if that is what she actually pays for the shipping, she's getting ripped off. Seriously.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Personally, I don't know why someone would pay that much for shipping when the USPS now has those wonderful flat rate boxes! There is one thing I really want to buy, but can only find it one place online. Well, for 1 clear unikeep box that costs like $4, they want $20 to ship it via UPS. THAT is crazy... Needless to say, I haven't bought that box yet...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2009, 07:18 AM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

I'm surprised Frugalities is still in business with the shipping they charge! I was going to order some Stickles, 8 bottles, and they wanted something like $12 shipping. You can't tell me that 8 bottles of Stickles weighs that much! I will never order from them unless they offer free or flat rate shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

i too am happy with scrapbookingalley.com. never had a problem with an order, fast shipping....and, the best part: if i only want a few things i dont have to wait till i get a bunch of items...i like to have the flexibility to order small amts with no penalty. especially if i forget something.....! i have even placed orders two days in a row ! love them !! let's hope they dont change.

just wish they had the newest pendants from spellbinders.....i am currently craving either eyelet or kaleidescope.....

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinglesmomView Post
I'm surprised Frugalities is still in business with the shipping they charge! I was going to order some Stickles, 8 bottles, and they wanted something like $12 shipping. You can't tell me that 8 bottles of Stickles weighs that much! I will never order from them unless they offer free or flat rate shipping.
I feel the same way about them with the shipping. I did get an email yesterday from them saying they are having a special with $5.95 flat rate shipping. Not sure if there is a special code for it or not though. If there is and you need it let me know and I will look for it for you.

Gail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
I tried that. They told me they only charge the actual price that the USPS charges them. It doesn't cost $10 ( or more, in this case) to ship a 1.05 LB package to me, so I told them Hasta la vista baby!

Jutta
After working for the USPS for 21 years, I can ASSURE you, they did not pay $10.00 for a 1 lb package-they probably get a huge bulk discount! Forget them!
Reply With Quote Likes