Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-17-2009, 02:27 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Getting Depressed Here.......

LOL! Well not really, okay maybe, sort of...! LOL! I have been trying to get on a DT. I'm on one and TOTALLY love the experience! I would love to do one more since my term is getting close to being over on my other one. Here's my thing though, I'm not getting picked up! LOL! Could you all PUHLEASE....be a sweetheart and give it to me straight?! If you're a DT member, or owner - what are you looking for?! I've tried everything from bucking up my photos, coloring, using my much beloved and hoarded embellishments, letting my personality shine through on my letters of begging, I mean DT applications..! Really! LOL! I have a blog and would love some constructive criticism if you have any to share, tips, I'll take it all! LOL! If you're looking for a member to be on your team, I'm happy to oblige! LOL! I live in a house where my DH will tell me what he thinks I want to hear but it's never negative! Gotta love him right?! He says he's serious! Anyway, I'm anxiously awaiting your comments.........my blog addy is in my signature!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 03:07 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I have been trying a lot lately too - never been on a team and would love to be! But no luck so far. Seems the same people get picked over and over in many cases. Sorry I don't have any advise - just commiserating with you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 03:32 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I took a look at your blog, and it seems lovely! Keep plugging away at it - you're certainly on the right track. My initial advice would be to determine what your individual strength is, and focus on that, develop it. Figure out what makes your work different and make it the best!

Design teams, like anything else in this industry, can be tricky, as often there is a certain intangible aspect that you never really can put your finger on. What you need to remember about design teams is that they're essentially a marketing role for a company. Are you in a position to be a useful marketing tool for a company? Why? What makes you different? Be ready to tell them consisely, as well as SHOW them consistently.

Paper crafting at this level is FULL of 'rejection'. I think that anyone who publishes will tell you that their acceptance rates are surprisingly low; to be perfectly candid, my rate is well below 10%. (I've had over 200 projects published through the years, so, well, you can do the math as well as I can - I've had close to 2000 projects 'rejected'. It's the nature of the beast!) You need to be able to shrug it off, determine what it was that you're 'missing' and fix it. Get up, dust yourself off and make yourself better.

Trends in the industry play a large part of it, too. Are you ahead of the trends, or behind them? Learn how to spot them early and jump on it. If you're ahead of the curve, you're able to help a company greatly!

I hope I don't sound too clinical, because just by asking 'how do I make myself better', you're making a HUGE step in the right direction. I think that a lot of times, crafting is so personal that it makes it tough to remember that it's business to those companies that you're trying to appeal to. I'd be happy to help more if you would like.

Long story short - keep plugging away! You will get there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 03:50 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

hi!

as a store owner here are some tips and things i look for:

your role:
it is important to remember the purpose of a design team -
1. use/highlight the products in a flattering way
2. promote the store and it's products
3. have fun!

important criteria:
1. quality of work
2. blog blog blog blog - very important to have a blog and to have had it for some time and have a history of visitors
3. online activity/participation - you must have a widespread internet presence - this means active in online communities like this one, online galleries and participation in online challenges both here and via yahoo groups and blogs.
4. be ready to treat it as a JOB and KNOW that you can fulfill the commitments

a DT is an obligation and often alot of work but can also be alot of fun and a great way to meet new people.

DT calls are not the easiest or even the best way to get "noticed" - if you have a company you really really like then every time you use their stamps/products be sure and post it, advertise it and send the project with links to the company. be sure to visit the blog often and leave comments if the company has one (and most do) to begin developing a relationship. believe me we will notice and be appreciative.

remember anytime you submit an entry for a DT call be sure to follow all directions thoroughly

anyway i really hope this makes sense - most of all don't get discouraged - there are always SO many applicants it is hard because we can't choose everyone. this is why i have shorter time commitments

hugs
M
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 03:52 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

GREAT advice jennifer!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 05:32 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerridwen3301View Post
hi!

as a store owner here are some tips and things i look for:

your role:
it is important to remember the purpose of a design team -
1. use/highlight the products in a flattering way
2. promote the store and it's products
3. have fun!

important criteria:
1. quality of work
2. blog blog blog blog - very important to have a blog and to have had it for some time and have a history of visitors
3. online activity/participation - you must have a widespread internet presence - this means active in online communities like this one, online galleries and participation in online challenges both here and via yahoo groups and blogs.
4. be ready to treat it as a JOB and KNOW that you can fulfill the commitments

a DT is an obligation and often alot of work but can also be alot of fun and a great way to meet new people.

DT calls are not the easiest or even the best way to get "noticed" - if you have a company you really really like then every time you use their stamps/products be sure and post it, advertise it and send the project with links to the company. be sure to visit the blog often and leave comments if the company has one (and most do) to begin developing a relationship. believe me we will notice and be appreciative.

remember anytime you submit an entry for a DT call be sure to follow all directions thoroughly

anyway i really hope this makes sense - most of all don't get discouraged - there are always SO many applicants it is hard because we can't choose everyone. this is why i have shorter time commitments

hugs
M
:mrgreen: I think that is a great summary of how to. I have often thought about trying to pursue the DT route and often think the market it already saturated so for me personally at this time it wouldn't be "worth" all the extra effort required.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 06:09 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

There has been some great advice already posted in this thread. Sometimes people ask for constructive criticism on their galleries or blogs, but they really aren't prepared to hear it with an open mind or to make changes.

The points below are the types of comments I have PM'd to others when they have asked for help with their blogs. None of this is specifically directed at anyone who has posted to this thread, since most of this was written previously.

1. Improve your photography skills. Study some of the galleries that have staged
their cards well, for example, snap_scrap_stamp or PickleTree. Learn to use photo editing software, such as Photoshop, PSE, PSP, GIMP, or Picasa. (The last two are free.) Any of those programs can correct photographic errors and dramatically improve the quality of your shots.

2. Watermark your photos. A nice watermark sends a more professional message.

3. Show projects other than just cards. There's a huge range of paper crafts besides greeting cards. Manufacturers want to see new and innovative uses for their products.

4. Highlight your project photos. The first thing someone notices about your blog should be the project photos, not the background images. Some blog designs are tremendously distracting. A company wants its products to be the center of focus, not your blog's blinking sidebars.

5. Use clear, easy-to-read fonts. Do not use typefaces that are overly stylized. Don't write entire posts in tiny type, CAPS, bold, or italics. You want people to remember what you say, not how hard your unusual font was to read.

6. Check your writing style. Make sure your spelling and grammar are correct. Develop your own voice, but don't go overboard trying to be too "cute." That can get old fast. The strength of your writing comes from your word choice, not the number of exclamation points you use.

7. Keep work and personal blogs separate. If you want to post overly personal, family-related topics, maintain two separate blogs. I'm not saying your work blog should not reflect your personality. Followers want to get to know you -- just don't go too far. One DT member's blog had a graphic photo of an injury she had suffered. While that was the most important event in her life that week, I doubt the company that she designs for wanted a distressing personal photo right above a card showcasing the company's products.

8. Figure out SEO (search engine optimization) and how to drive more traffic to your blog.

There is so much that goes into the selection of a design team beyond the quality of the designers' work, and it all influences the decision. None of this is easy. Work at it a little bit at a time, though, and you'll get there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 06:18 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The other ladies who chimed in made a lot of great points that I agree with. Here's a few more things that many company owners look at when choosing design team members:

1. Forum posting. I have had this conversation quite a bit with other company owners and one thing I look for is a positive outlook. When I see what I would call, "chronic complainers" in forums, I, (and most other company owners,) will run the other way. People who can't see the positive in anything don't represent my company well at all. These people lose soooo many opportunities, they have no idea. (I have to laugh because I actually have quite a few design team applications in my inbox, submitted by people who have posted major compaints about the member company program here.:confused

2. Photography. Learn to take clear bright pictures. Look at your photos next to the photos of those who hold positions similar to those you are looking for. Are their photos clear and bright. Do your photos "bow" due to poor camera set-up? Are theirs larger and more detailed? Good photography can make very plain cards pop. And poor photography can make the best cards hard to look at.

3.Open mind. When a new company forms, hopefully, they have some new ideas for the industry. When people are opposed to change, they are usually not the people who get picked for "something new." So, for anyone looking for new opportunities, it's a good idea to keep the right frame of mind when it comes to change. Support it. Remember, when someone brings you on their team, they are making a change.

4. You want them to like you. Do you like them? When someone submits a design team application to me, I go to their blog. If they have a list of blogs they read or if they have a list of "Great stamp companies" and my company isn't there, I wonder why they want to be part of my company. Doesn't that make sense? I also look at their projects. If I can't find one with my company's stamps, I wonder how sincere they really are or are they just looking to get on any design team. Show the company that you are already invested in them and they will feel that connection with you.

5. Most important- don't give up. Many companies will love your style but they may have a few designers with a similar style and might be looking to add some different styles to their team. Don't take rejection personally. Six months down the road, an opening may come up that will be perfect for you, even though you didn't get in the first time.

I wish everyone the best of luck in their design team quests. Teams are always changing and growing and there is always room for great talent.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 06:44 AM   #9  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennelfView Post
I took a look at your blog, and it seems lovely! Keep plugging away at it - you're certainly on the right track. My initial advice would be to determine what your individual strength is, and focus on that, develop it. Figure out what makes your work different and make it the best!

Design teams, like anything else in this industry, can be tricky, as often there is a certain intangible aspect that you never really can put your finger on. What you need to remember about design teams is that they're essentially a marketing role for a company. Are you in a position to be a useful marketing tool for a company? Why? What makes you different? Be ready to tell them consisely, as well as SHOW them consistently.

Paper crafting at this level is FULL of 'rejection'. I think that anyone who publishes will tell you that their acceptance rates are surprisingly low; to be perfectly candid, my rate is well below 10%. (I've had over 200 projects published through the years, so, well, you can do the math as well as I can - I've had close to 2000 projects 'rejected'. It's the nature of the beast!) You need to be able to shrug it off, determine what it was that you're 'missing' and fix it. Get up, dust yourself off and make yourself better.

Trends in the industry play a large part of it, too. Are you ahead of the trends, or behind them? Learn how to spot them early and jump on it. If you're ahead of the curve, you're able to help a company greatly!

I hope I don't sound too clinical, because just by asking 'how do I make myself better', you're making a HUGE step in the right direction. I think that a lot of times, crafting is so personal that it makes it tough to remember that it's business to those companies that you're trying to appeal to. I'd be happy to help more if you would like.

Long story short - keep plugging away! You will get there.
Well said Jennifer- and my acceptance rate would probably be even less than that!;)

when you put it that way! Yikes!!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 07:04 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Michelle, I think everyone has given you some GREAT feedback! And one thing I wanted to mention is be true to who you are and what your style is. Don't try to "change" for the company. It will be harder to create and enjoy the experience. Sometimes they are looking for your style and sometimes they are not. Don't be crushed when you are turned down. It doesn't mean you aren't an amazing crafter. I just means they were looking for something different. Try not to take it personally though sometimes I know that can be easier said than done. Find out who you are as a crafter and be true to that!

I looked at your blog, and first I must say I miss home! Yes, I grew up near Sembach so I know where you are VERY well! Graduated from Kaiserslautern High! Yeah! And second, your cards are beautiful! Love them. One thing you might want to add to the side bar is categories for cards, tags, layouts, altered art, etc. Separate it out if you do something different. I know as I select my team members, I look at different pieces they create, and when it is broken out into categories like that, it really helps.

Keep plugging away. I have been rejected more times than I can count but when the right team comes, it is full of blessings! Enjoy and best wishes to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Some great advice already. I guess partly you have the issue of whether you want to be on a stamp maker's DT or a store one as they may be looking for slightly different things. Somebody like Gina will want her DT members to promote her stamp sets and cardstock etc, a store owner might want you to work with a whole range of different stuff.

When you're uploading to your blog or to galleries, you might want to think about how easy it is for people to see what you used in your creations. A lot of people want the quick hit - they look at the picture then they want to be able to see at a glance exactly what the stamp is or what ink colour you used, they don't necessarily want to read through a story about how you got the idea or that the cute ribbon came from the hanging loop in a skirt or something in order to find the name of the stamp that's somewhere in the middle of a paragraph. Some people do want those stories so I'm not saying to stop writing them but maybe think about separating out your project's "ingredients" so they're there at a glance for those who are only interested in those.

When you upload to a gallery here, it's probably a good idea to add some info to the sections on what you used to make the project. Lots of people don't like to have to follow another link to find out and will just move on to the next project in the gallery - that's one of those things that Gina called a "lost opportunity". As others have said, DT members help to promote what they're using so it's important to let people know what those things are. It also means your projects will show up if people are doing key word searches in the gallery.

If you do put in a link to your blog for extra info, it's best if you can make it a link to the specific post about that project rather than just a link to your blog. If I look at a project that's been in the gallery for several weeks or even months and it just says "see my blog for more details" then chances are I'm not going to do that as I'd have to trawl through the blog looking for the right post. If it says "see this post on my blog for more details" then I'd be more inclined to do it.

None of this stuff will get you a DT position but it will show that you're savvy to some of the ways that stuff gets promoted.

Good luck!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #12  
Watercolor Wizard

I have to say I have no desire to be on a design team, I just do this for fun. But I have been asked by a company to be their guest designer for April and I have been notified by stamp company's to order free stamps because I blog a lot . I guess because I am not interested in these things they just come . Your cards are fabulous.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

great tips.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

I want to thank everyone that gave advice on this thread and to the OP for asking the question. It is a lot to take in and digest. I have thought about pursuing the design team route and will definately take the advice shared here into consideration.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I remembered a thread from awhile back and found it for you:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

If I remember correctly, there was a ton of advice for getting on DTs in here

Search the forums for "team" and you might find others!! Best wishes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2009, 02:43 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

OMG! You guys are AWESOME!! The feed back is great and I will definitely look into a lot of them! I'm not letting it get to me that I'm not getting on any it just feeds the desire to know "what is it...."! LOL! My bosses start to dread when it's feedback time for me since I start reminding them... my time is coming.....! LOL! I know they always say, if it was bad they wouldn't wait! LOL! Aaah just me! LOL! Thank you all AGAIN - so much!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 05:07 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

This is a great thread - thanks for asking this question, Michelle. You have Jennifer from Papertrey....Marti from Pez-A-Doodle....and GinaK giving advice here - these are some pretty big names in the papercrafting world - and thank you all for taking the time to comment; really makes sense - good advice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of great tips,and advice!! But one Im going to say is, I LOVE designing, and I know you do to, so with that said, only apply to DT that you know you would love using their stamps and products. I design my cards they are my style, and I know alot of companies arent looking for my style and Im fine with that. I will not change my style to get on a DT for nothing!!!!! Its who I am, and says alot about me I do love try'n different techniques, they are always fun to learn, and love try'n different things. but my style is always there along with the different ... LOL

So hun just have fun doing what you are doing, and keep apply'n to the ones you want to get on. There are alot of different things they look for, and every co. is different. Anyways good luck, and just have fun!!!! Happy Stamping!!

Hugs,
Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #19  
Watercolor Wizard

Awesome tips, ladies! Thanks for taking the time to offer them.

I design for Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Great advice!!! Also I think a lot of it just has to do with the personal preference of the person choosing DT members.

Last edited by AmberAKAmom; 03-22-2009 at 05:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 02:30 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Woooo Hoooooo! I"m SO excited! I thought "what the heck - one more try" and <insert drum roll here....> I MADE IT! YEAH!!! I am now on the Queen Kat Designs team! I'm so excited and had to share! Thanks to everyone for all your great tips - I did apply almost all of them! You guys are the best!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 03:32 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Congrats - have fun!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 03:37 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Thank you all for your advice here. Now to go implement some of these things and then start applying. I would love to be on a DT and many of you have said things that I can see bring a more professional look. Thanks for the advice:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 03:44 AM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah, Michelle! Huge congrats! Enjoy and have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 03:54 AM   #25  
Crimping Master

I'm very happy for you, Michelle! I'm really glad that you came back and let us know this happy news - it's great for all of us to see!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 04:59 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Way to go, Michelle. I had noticed that you did take the advice seriously and made some changes along the way. Congrats!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 05:31 AM   #27  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs crafty chikView Post
Woooo Hoooooo! I"m SO excited! I thought "what the heck - one more try" and <insert drum roll here....> I MADE IT! YEAH!!! I am now on the Queen Kat Designs team! I'm so excited and had to share! Thanks to everyone for all your great tips - I did apply almost all of them! You guys are the best!!
Woohooooooo!!!! Congrats!!!! :-D

I design for Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2009, 05:57 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay!! How exciting that you posted this thread and now you are officially a part of a DT. What a wonderful beginning to more DT offers in the future. ;)
I am by no means an expert of any type but thought I would offer you some of my own experiences. When Cheryl said to stick to companies you love, I completely agree! It shows when you are passionate about a stamp style, there's more sincerity when you create a card with an image that you adore.
I also think that finding your style along with a company is important. I love altering magazine holders and 3D items, and I think that may have been the reason why I was honored a Guest DT position. TGF's images couldn't have been any more perfect for my altering needs.
While there's been so many recognizeable names on different DTs, my take on it is this: If you were a new stamp company owner, wouldn't you go for the top names to promote your line? I would! That would be an honor for me to be affiliated with them, their reputation, and all their loyal fans. That in itself is a win-win situation. With that said, I am always excited to see new names on DTs as well, and with so many great companies that have contributed to our addiction, there's plenty of room at the top. ;)
Congrats again on your QKD DT position! Vicky has such a wide assortment of stamps to play with. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

Wow, I know this is an old thread, but everyone gave such specific helpful advice. I am new to the digital world of blogging, but I think I will begin gearing my blog onto the professional side, just in case I ever decide to apply for a design team!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

I think the best thing that I learned is do what you love. When I started I wanted to be on a dt so bad I bought something from every company (even when it wasn't my style) Find a company (or two) you love and work hard on developing your own style. When you do what you do best someone will notice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
The other ladies who chimed in made a lot of great points that I agree with. Here's a few more things that many company owners look at when choosing design team members:

1. Forum posting. I have had this conversation quite a bit with other company owners and one thing I look for is a positive outlook. When I see what I would call, "chronic complainers" in forums, I, (and most other company owners,) will run the other way. People who can't see the positive in anything don't represent my company well at all. These people lose soooo many opportunities, they have no idea. (I have to laugh because I actually have quite a few design team applications in my inbox, submitted by people who have posted major compaints about the member company program here.:confused

2. Photography. Learn to take clear bright pictures. Look at your photos next to the photos of those who hold positions similar to those you are looking for. Are their photos clear and bright. Do your photos "bow" due to poor camera set-up? Are theirs larger and more detailed? Good photography can make very plain cards pop. And poor photography can make the best cards hard to look at.

3.Open mind. When a new company forms, hopefully, they have some new ideas for the industry. When people are opposed to change, they are usually not the people who get picked for "something new." So, for anyone looking for new opportunities, it's a good idea to keep the right frame of mind when it comes to change. Support it. Remember, when someone brings you on their team, they are making a change.

4. You want them to like you. Do you like them? When someone submits a design team application to me, I go to their blog. If they have a list of blogs they read or if they have a list of "Great stamp companies" and my company isn't there, I wonder why they want to be part of my company. Doesn't that make sense? I also look at their projects. If I can't find one with my company's stamps, I wonder how sincere they really are or are they just looking to get on any design team. Show the company that you are already invested in them and they will feel that connection with you.

5. Most important- don't give up. Many companies will love your style but they may have a few designers with a similar style and might be looking to add some different styles to their team. Don't take rejection personally. Six months down the road, an opening may come up that will be perfect for you, even though you didn't get in the first time.

I wish everyone the best of luck in their design team quests. Teams are always changing and growing and there is always room for great talent.
Excellent advice, Gina!

my blog: ::::::::::::::::www.amusenews.typepad.com::::::::::::::::
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2009, 03:21 AM   #32  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennelfView Post
...Trends in the industry play a large part of it, too. Are you ahead of the trends, or behind them? Learn how to spot them early and jump on it. If you're ahead of the curve, you're able to help a company greatly! ...
Good thing I don't want to be on a DT. I'm always behind trends, LOL!

But all of Jen's advice is really good. I worked in marketing for years, and everything she says is spot-on. DT members have to be skillful, strategic marketers for a company, dangling beautiful carrots in front of customers' noses consistently and reliably. People who have already been successful doing this for one company are more likely to be selected by another company not because they are more "popular" (that's junior high school) but because they have a proven track record and are a known quantity. This is business.

To the OP, you've already been on one team, so keep at it, and you'll get another. But there are so many people who have also been on a team competing with you that it may just take some time. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2009, 03:22 AM   #33  
Watercolor Wizard

Sheesh, I ought to always check the dates on threads....*sheepish grin*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Interesting that this thread was revisited! I was really discouraged because I tried out for at least 20 different DTs, and I didn't make any of them. In fact, I got so discouraged that I stopped creating for a while. That time off helped me realize that I was focusing too much on the competitive side of this hobby and not the fun, creative side!

Happily, I'm getting back in the groove after a much needed rest and reflection period. While I would love to be on design teams, it is not my top priority anymore. And, my work is much better for it!

Southern Yankee Crafter Blog
Reply With Quote Likes