Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-08-2007, 07:07 AM   #121  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Probably reading your blog...instead of actually stamping
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbywomanView Post
I try to put info about the card that I post - but I cannot for the life of me figure out the watermark. I've done searches, looked at the threads, watched the tutorial etc. Needless to say....still no watermark!:(
Go to Kurtis' blog called Stampin' Kub. He has an awesome tutorial on how to create a watermark.
I have a watermark that I created from his fabulous directions, but now I cannot get that onto a photo in my iPhoto (on my Mac) to save my life. Believe me, if I could get it on, I would.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 07:47 AM   #122  
Insane Embellisher

Default No info

I am going to copy Julies paragraph and just copy and paste it into the space when I comment on the card..or "NO info NO comment"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #123  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
I have an 18 yr. dd. She works very hard to keep me current . . . :rolleyes: ROTFL!
YOU have an 18 year old daughter?! Dang! You don't look much older than that yourself! :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #124  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeribeariView Post
I am going to copy Julies paragraph and just copy and paste it into the space when I comment on the card..or "NO info NO comment"
;) I hope you're referring to this paragraph:

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliehrr
"Would love to know at least some basic info about your piece, and would like to encourage you to visit this thread: Forums at Splitcoaststampers Thanks for supporting our SCS community!"
Cuz I yap alot around here . . . being the social butterfly that I am, ya' know . . .

Julie--->

:shock:

I think there are a lot of folks that are genuinely unaware, so it helps to lead them to info that nicely explains why it's good to include recipe info, UKWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #125  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
YOU have an 18 year old daughter?! Dang! You don't look much older than that yourself! :shock:
Oh, gee, thank you!

(blushing, and then scamperin' off to see if it's time once again to get tight with good buddy Miss Clairol) LOL!

;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #126  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeribeariView Post
"NO info NO comment"
Not meaning to be harsh- but that seems a bit rude. Some people post cards into their own gallery as a personal inventory. Unless they are directing you to a BLOG for the information- I don't think you need to go out of the way to let them know you aren't going to say anything about their card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 09:00 AM   #127  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by resqbarbieView Post
I agree about a gallery for TAC, I use ALOT of TAC stamps myself!

If you use TAC stamps....Just remember to put in the Keywords like, TAC, and name of the stamp set or paper used.

This way if someone is looking for a certain Stamp set they can do a search and see just what it looks like.

I've been doing this for awhile now and I have started looking for certain names of stamps using the Search button in the gallery.

So far it has worked!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #128  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
Not meaning to be harsh- but that seems a bit rude. Some people post cards into their own gallery as a personal inventory. Unless they are directing you to a BLOG for the information- I don't think you need to go out of the way to let them know you aren't going to say anything about their card.
I agree, no need to be rude
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #129  
Die Cut Diva

For the most part, I can just look at a card in the gallery and tell you the paper, ink, and stamps and technique. If they have done some really cool technique, it would be nice to know what it is, but otherwise, if you stamp and have gone through countless catalogs and your second home is JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, or Ben Franklin....you know what's out there and can identify it. I've also had people pm me and ask about a card I did and I am happy to clarify, if I don't supply all the information with my submission. Sometimes there just isn't time or it's just redundant to say black cs, when it's clearly black cs. For newbies, it might be helpful to check the technique galleries, since they correspond with the tutorials that explain in detail how to do it. Also the technique and challenge discussions can be helpful. If you surf the site....chances are the answer may not be in the place you expect, but it's there. JMO

Danyelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I agree too. I'm sure people have a variety of reasons for not making the time to post the "deets." In no way is it my business to question that. This thread deals with people who "post and run," leaving only a "see my blog" link. That DOES make it seem like they are using SCS to drive traffic to their blog.

But for all those other gallery posts with no details, I'm not gonna play gallery police. I'll leave that to Daven and his harem. THEY are the powers that be, not us. As long as there has been no rule set forth about this, then I'm gonna mind my own business.

Comment, don't comment. It's up to you. But there's just no reason to be mean.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #131  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to BadSherry

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
I'll leave that to Daven and his harem.

just made me LOL! sorry - couldn't help myself
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #132  
Stazon Splitcoast

In answer to the original post.. yes.. this annoys me.. very much.. and even more so.. the "look at my blog for info" part. I don't bother commenting if they don't take the time to share their info. It's almost like a blog advertisement to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #133  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I do agree, I would never be rude to anyone, however I do also think it not appropriate to use the gallery to "store" files of ones creations. They can be copied to a disc for storage. This site and other online forums are, from my understanding, communities for sharing not storing. So to me that means also sharing supplies used etc. when uploading
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #134  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadSherryView Post

just made me LOL! sorry - couldn't help myself
You are just so naughty ! Now that was hard to type while laughing !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2007, 03:17 AM   #135  

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkessler73View Post
For the most part, I can just look at a card in the gallery and tell you the paper, ink, and stamps and technique. If they have done some really cool technique, it would be nice to know what it is, but otherwise, if you stamp and have gone through countless catalogs and your second home is JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, or Ben Franklin....you know what's out there and can identify it. I've also had people pm me and ask about a card I did and I am happy to clarify, if I don't supply all the information with my submission. Sometimes there just isn't time or it's just redundant to say black cs, when it's clearly black cs. For newbies, it might be helpful to check the technique galleries, since they correspond with the tutorials that explain in detail how to do it. Also the technique and challenge discussions can be helpful. If you surf the site....chances are the answer may not be in the place you expect, but it's there. JMO

Danyelle

ALLELUIA, some one who feels the same as me....live long and prosper girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2007, 03:17 AM   #136  

[QUOTE=MSBetsyZ;6429974]I agree too. I'm sure people have a variety of reasons for not making the time to post the "deets." In no way is it my business to question that. This thread deals with people who "post and run," leaving only a "see my blog" link. That DOES make it seem like they are using SCS to drive traffic to their blog.

But for all those other gallery posts with no details, I'm not gonna play gallery police. I'll leave that to Daven and his harem. THEY are the powers that be, not us. As long as there has been no rule set forth about this, then I'm gonna mind my own business.

Comment, don't comment. It's up to you. But there's just no reason to be mean.[/QUOTE]

You said it sistah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #137  
Insane Embellisher

I also agree. In addition, I enjoy when I open up a post and there is a quick story behind making the card. The more (instant) info the better! I find I am more likely TO leave a comment when I have information about the card I am viewing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #138  
Die Cut Diva

I agree wholeheartedly. I dont have time to surf SCS very often with a new baby. I would like to see all the info at once, and not have to follow a link to get the "good" info.

It frustrates me. I dont have a blog, so I blab about my card where I upload it. HERE!

I do appreciate everyone sharing their beautiful work. The gallery just gets better and better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #139  
Die Cut Diva

I always put in the info required: ink, stamps, paper, accessors

But I leave step by step instructions on my blog for every project, which is why I leave the link to my blog. Im not trying to be rude, I just dont feel like putting it all over the stinkin internet.

Also, Im doing things with resin and plastic that required me writing a 4 or 5 day tutorial for that process........I cant do that in one sitting on SCS.

Like I said, Im not trying to be rude with my blog link, Im just being practical for myself. If you choose to visit that's up to you, but very detailed instructions are always there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #140  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT NestView Post
Here goes nothing...as a newbie, I must say that reading this thread and others like it is very intimidating. I have only recently begun uploading some of my creations. Now, reading some issues posted here, makes me leery of uploading anymore. I do not know what 'technique' I am using. I have not kept track of the papers I have bought to know the brand or design name. All I know is I design something I like, and think just might strike someone else's creative streak, and so I want to share. I've had plenty of creative sparks by looking in the gallery. I don't need to know the exact colors, name of the paper, etc. I see the pics as a jumping-off place for my own ideas.
Yep. I'm not that new here, but I am still pretty intimidated about uploading. The cards here are beautiful and mine are so simple by comparison. Plus, I don't use SU! paper or ribbon every often, and I LOVE my retired stamps and still use them regularly.

I try to add deets to my uploads, but don't always say too much. I just figured that my cards were ugly/boring and that's why I wasn't getting very many comments. It never occurred to me that it could have been from my description (or lack thereof).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #141  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneuView Post
I always put in the info required: ink, stamps, paper, accessors
Thank you! {{{{{{{{Ebethneu}}}}}}}} This is always helpful, as many of our gallery viewers are on dial-up, and for them, just getting the page to load here can be a lesson in patience, UKWIM?

Quote:

But I leave step by step instructions on my blog for every project, which is why I leave the link to my blog. Im not trying to be rude, I just dont feel like putting it all over the stinkin internet.

Also, Im doing things with resin and plastic that required me writing a 4 or 5 day tutorial for that process........I cant do that in one sitting on SCS.

Like I said, Im not trying to be rude with my blog link, Im just being practical for myself. If you choose to visit that's up to you, but very detailed instructions are always there.
There are no objections whatsoever to this! :grin:

Objections arise when folks just upload an image, leave not even basic supply/material info, and only a blog link or a directive to visit a blog. This can be frustrating to SCS gallery visitors who have no desire or time to visit blogs in order just to find out what color ink or paper was used, or the brand name of the stamps used.

This practice, whether it is their intention or not, leaves the appearance that they are merely using their gallery uploads here on SCS to drive traffic over to their site. :(

This thread is about encouraging good netiquette for those who simply may not be aware.

:grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2007, 10:24 AM   #142  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
netiquette
Now there's a word I hadn't seen used before. ;) Love it!
Reply With Quote Likes