Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow so many different ideas from everyone, I don't share everything as I once did. Found I was saying I use SU paper and SU inks in certain colors over and over. I do list the stamp company generally this way if you see an image you like it is easy to find the company. I also don't leave a link to my blog on uploads most of the time. There is a link to my blog when I leave a comment. I comment regardless of supply lists if I like a card, everyone likes to hear a comment now and then. One peeve if I had one is no supply list, a link to the blog and then can't find the card that was uploaded because it must have hit their blog sometime back... Then I get frustrated and don't leave a comment, and sometimes these people do it over and over again so I don't even check their blogs anymore. It is a shame though because they do fantastic work. I love to leave comments, they may not be much but shows I care enough. Hope your day has improved!

It's in the Cards! My Blog

Pinterest
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think the biggest thing that many of us are looking for is who makes that particular stamp! Sometimes I just can't find it on Google by describing a particular stamp

One problem with having to link to someone's blog is: many of us have checked SCS from our desks at lunch while at work, and many jobs block out blog access!! So now that I'm home with my daughter, I've had friends e-mail me links to blogs and ask if I could look at it to find out what they used on that card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #43  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoistracyView Post
If you feel strongly about people having supply lists, then you should also boycott commenting on those projects that are missing this info.
Wow.

Okay, see...here's where I guess I'm just not getting it (and that's okay...I'm a guy. I often don't get things. ;) )

I can see boycotting restaurants that treat their employees like dirt. I would boycott a movie that spins racism in a positive light. Yes, I'd boycott a bookstore that decided to start selling books such as: "Satanic Rites for Dummies"...

But boycotting comments? I guess I'm not sure what that does?

"Gosh... I didn't get any comments... it's probably because I didn't have my supply list. Well, I better change that because my self-worth is 100% determined by how complete strangers feel about a card I made."

Again... I'm a guy, so that may just be my lack of "understanding"... if so, forgive me.

Inkterior Design - Thanks for checking out my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #44  
Glitter Guru

Received 370 Likes on 220 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedView Post
Wow.

Okay, see...here's where I guess I'm just not getting it (and that's okay...I'm a guy. I often don't get things. ;) )

I can see boycotting restaurants that treat their employees like dirt. I would boycott a movie that spins racism in a positive light. Yes, I'd boycott a bookstore that decided to start selling books such as: "Satanic Rites for Dummies"...

But boycotting comments? I guess I'm not sure what that does?

"Gosh... I didn't get any comments... it's probably because I didn't have my supply list. Well, I better change that because my self-worth is 100% determined by how complete strangers feel about a card I made."

Again... I'm a guy, so that may just be my lack of "understanding"... if so, forgive me.
No, Ted, it's not 'cause you're a guy. I don't get it either. I think it's silly and rather childish to not post a comment if you like a card simply because someone didn't list supplies. So what? Big deal. If I like a card, I leave a comment. Honestly, I don't even look at the "recipes." I list all the materials that I can remember about the cards I post, yet I get very few comments. Luckily, though, my self-esteem is high enough to not let that bother me. I don't hold it against those who don't list what they use, or those who just post links. Life is too short to get so upset over something so trivial.

So, Ted, you're not alone in not getting the boycotting/refusing to leave comments thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #45  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Well, as a guy, I'm used to not getting a lot of things. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2011, 05:37 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

I seldom look at the supply list as most of the time I don't need to know what color cardstock, stamps, ribbon, buttons, etc was used. I can guess or substitute with whatever I own. Whether there are supplies listed or not if there is a link to a blog for a card I like I often times visit the blog as I find I like the person's other cards as well. Often times I find a technique listed in the blog and I am more interested in technique vs supplies. I leave a comment whether or not there is a supply list if I love the card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Glad to know I am not in the minority of needing to see a full recipe on a card. But I can also see Jacki R's point of at least wanting to know the manufacturer of the stamp used - they can be tricky to find online later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #48  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Well, as a guy, I'm used to not getting a lot of things. ;)
It's ok, you can't help it. ;)

I'm with you on this. I'm happy with whatever people share.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #49  
Ted
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne SView Post
It's ok, you can't help it. ;)

I'm with you on this. I'm happy with whatever people share.

ROFL! It's true... I once worked in a bank with six or seven women.

I just learned to nod a lot when the women would complain that "all men are swine and don't understand the finer nuances of the lovely female race."

I mean... I wanted to live to see the next day, after all. :rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #50  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

ROFL! It's true... I once worked in a bank with six or seven women.

I just learned to nod a lot when the women would complain that "all men are swine and don't understand the finer nuances of the lovely female race."

I mean... I wanted to live to see the next day, after all. :rolleyes:
I raised 4 or you guys (5 if you count hubby). Men (most at least!) aren't swine, they just look at things differently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 AM   #51  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

As for my own browsing, I personally don't have time to read all the details of cards, and a picture always says a thousand words for me. I do try to leave information about my own cards to some degree, and never mind a PM if someone wants more information. I always try to respond to any of those. I guess I would feel really flattered to think my cards would need or require that much detail to sizes cut, every cardstock and design paper used. I work alot of my cards from my scrap piles and I don't always remember from where it came.

I personally feel people would rather me have the time to comment on their cards rather than my going to the inth degree on details on my own. I seldom make the same card twice so this is not even information I want or need for myself.

Just my take and is pretty much worthless. Now back to the galleries to leave more comments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 04:26 AM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer RView Post
If it takes too long to type out the supply list, it takes me too long to leave a comment

I use the copy/paste method myself and I don't think it takes that long.
I love that! My new motto, lol.

I find supply lists inspiring, especially if your a Stampscape artist. Sometimes I fall in love with a stamp image and there is no company listed for the stamp. If your on a design team for that company maybe you could list the stamp since a lot of people don't like to click on blog links.

I also understand why some don't post recipes. I know I can't remember all the companies or what things I use.

The Wall of Shame goes for the ones who write click on my blog for more info and you go to the blog and there is no info!!! You all know who you are.

Reply With Quote Likes