Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #201  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by horseygalView Post
So why can't this mob mentality just stop and let PTI fix their issues in the way they have outlined and let it work itself out? they are trying to sort out their issues and its STILL not good enough. Good grief!
I have been a fan of Nichole Heady since her earliest days with SU. I see her to be a warm and extremely talented person. She has done a remarkable job choosing her creative design team, and PTI products are amazing. I haven't purchased a lot, but what I have purchased in years past are very good quality, and I wish PTI nothing but the best. Even if I didn't have respect for Nichole and her design team, it would make me sad to see a successful company have these types of problems. It's even more sad to have it happen with people of this caliber.

With that said, I don't see any of this as mob mentality. If people were having their concerns met by the company with effective and prompt responses, they wouldn't feel the need to come here and vent. While we like to think of Nichole and her team as "friends" this is a business, plain and simple, and if they are not meeting their contractual obligations, there is a huge problem.

Free items are not actually gifts, they are a promise in return for a purchase or accumulation of purchase. And that too is a contract. Once the purchase is made, the contract is in effect. I am actually surprised that someone hasn't filed a legal claim.

I have been on the PTI forum and am very surprised at the lack of response from the company principals. What I have seen is curt and not at all what I would expect. If any company wants to stay in business, especially with the economy the way it is today, they have to fight for success. That means solving problems quickly and efficiently, communicating positively with customers/clients and grovelling with apologies if necessary. That doesn't seem to be happening.

I don't blame anyone here for their intense frustration. What is a customer supposed to do with the scenarios unfolding here? You can only go so long keeping faith in a company that you love.

~Alicia
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #202  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

So why can't this mob mentality just stop and let PTI fix their issues in the way they have outlined and let it work itself out? they are trying to sort out their issues and its STILL not good enough. Good grief!
So many people are frustrated because when given the choice between two possible solutions, they always seem to pick the one that involves the most amount of work on their part.

Today they sent out a long customer service email stating that they were just going to delete emails and start fresh. This was sent out to all customers (though not all received it).

Had they posted a different notice on the website a month ago, they wouldn't be in nearly the situation that they are in.

People are feeling ignored and deleting all of the emails and starting with a clean slate just seems like the oddest solution imaginable. They seem to just create problems for themselves.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #203  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlsjohnsonView Post
When I read the customer NON-service email this morning, my mouth just dropped open in amazement. I cannot believe they are deleting all of the emails and expect people to resubmit emails by the "rules" that PTI has set forth. It's almost like they are expecting people to just give up and go away. This is the most arrogant bunch of people I have ever heard of. What company sends emails like that?!?!? ...and then gets more orders!!! I wonder if the designers for PTI can jump ship and go out on their own. They have such amazing artwork. Being associated with this company makes me wonder if these designers - some being around SCS since I joined in 2002, are aware that working for a shady company is not so great for your reputation. I am ashamed that I have ever purchased stamps from this company - albeit very few. They won't miss my purchases (2 in the last 5 years), but they certainly will never get a penny of my money again. Hopefully they won't get yours either!
Reading this thread and then finding out about the e-mails just shocked me. Wow! What kind of company does that? All I keep thinking about is what about the people who don't read forums, or this e-mail will hit their spam filter, or they are having wonky computer issues? How will they know PTI deleted their important e-mail and now they have to resend it? Also feel bad for those that check their e-mails from libraries or other places. Now, they will have to do everything over again on allotted time. What a headache. Been there, done that before I had a computer at home.

In earlier posts on this thread I wrote I only ordered once from PTI. That was a long time ago. I had no problems with the sending of my order. The company was still small then. I am really glad this thread was started. As a consumer and frugalite I am very careful with my money. I do want to know where it's going too. I would be so upset right now if I spent money at PTI and then found out about these problems. I was actually thinking of ordering some paper from PTI. I am really glad I didn't. I do think the girls for posting over here about this and the other forums about PTI issues. It helps me to be an informed consumer. I know we have members and non-members reading this thread that are probably happy it was started so they can also make purchases wise for their wallet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #204  
Crimping Master

This thread makes me chuckle. Finally others are seeing the light about PTI. I have ordered from them in the past and have always had trouble with their customers service. this is not something new. I feel this negative attention is well deserved!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #205  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Spread some Sunshine

No words
Ang
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #206  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela1View Post
No words
Ang
Totally agree Ang, it kind of feels like a slap in the face.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #207  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I received the email about wiping out their customer service email and am still in shock. I have never ordered from them, but subscribe to their blog and newsletter. This makes me glad I've never ordered from them - I can't believe any company that wants to stay in business would do something like that! I am unsubscribing from the newsletter and blog because of this. I do believe that having threads like this on SCS are very helpful - I delayed ordering from PTI because of this one and am really happy I did. The idea that the most obvious solution to a company could ever be DELETING all email sent to their customer service... it just makes me speechless. Gina K here I come!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #208  
Pearl-ExPert

I've been half following the concerns being posted in this thread. I've lusted over some PTI stuff in the past but have never ordered mainly because of the high shipping costs to Canada.

For those of you who are ordering from them, you are truly gambling. I looked PTI up on the Better Business Bureau website.

PaperTrey Ink Review - SCRAPBOOKING in Cincinnati , OH - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Southern Ohio, Northern Kentucky, Southeastern Indiana

1. They are not BBB accredited. That in and of itself isn't necessarily bad because there is no legal requirement to join.

2. They have an F rating. I don't know about you, but for any of you that are parents, would it be acceptable for your kids to come home from school with F grades? Shouldn't be acceptable for a business either.

3. There are five complaints listed in the past three years. That doesn't look bad at a glance but it seems many of the people I see posting above that are unhappy have not tried to go the BBB route. Of these five complaints, only one was resolved by the company with the assistance of the BBB. The other four complaints started with a date of December 26, 2011 and the latest is dated March 8, 2012.

NOW HERE IS WHERE THE BIGGEST RED FLAG YOU WILL EVER SEE SHOULD BE WAVING IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE AS A CUSTOMER. In this latest complaint PTI indicated the following:

"BBB's Final Determination: Business indicated it will not resolve consumer issues through the BBB process."

Will not deal with the BBB! What reputable company refuses to deal with the BBB even if to just give the opinion or statement that they feel the complaint is wrong? BIG RED FLAG!!!

I have no words. It sounds like this company is a sinking ship and damaging its reputation beyond repair. I'm kind of relieved now that they won't ship to Canada at a reasonable price or I could have gotten caught up in this fiasco.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #209  
Hardware Hotshot

I am surprised they didn't delay the March release for a week or two while they straightened out all the problems from previous orders. I am sure everyone would have understood a delay.

Adding "more orders" to the ever growing mountain of orders that have problems doesn't seem to be a wise course of action.

When you find yourself in a hole the first thing to do is STOP DIGGING !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #210  
Polyshrink Goddess

thank you for that gentle reminder! I was starting to become very aggravated by comments being made about Nicole and other PTI folks. I don't know Nicole or the others, but I felt as though it was getting close to "cyber-bullying".

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandblueView Post
Hey everyone - just a gentle reminder about our site posting rules prohibiting disparaging people.

Discussion of service issues, etc. is fine, but please do not make negative personal comments about individuals in our forums. Thank you!

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #211  
Stazon Splitcoast

It was suggested that they postpone this release, and the comment from one of the DT members was along the lines that it would cut into her income and others'. Maybe it would, but don't you do what's best in the long run? Apparently they are hoping to have those customers who have either not been informed or who just by the luck of the draw have not had problems dealing with customer service.

I was one of their customers from the beginning and also recommended PTI to many others. Time and again I just told myself, I've ordered for years without any trouble, sorry for those who did have problems, but I'll give PTI the benefit of the doubt.

In the last weeks, they've eaten away at that "benefit of the doubt," and I will no longer shop with a company that shows such little respect or regard for their customers. There are so many wonderful businesses out there that truly do exceed expectations, I don't need one that treats their customers so poorly.

A reputation is earned not demanded. And this one, IMHO, is tarnished beyond repair.

As for the BBB, the argument there is invalidated by the fact that the organization is not a helpful indicator of anything. They do not resolve issues. I'll refer you to one reference but you can certainly find many others that reveal the truth about the BBB. I learned from personal experience and participating with the BBB is quite meaningless. Ripoff Report | Better Business Bureau BBB & CBBB | Complaint Review: 1343

Keep in mind that even though PTI's choice to not participate with the BBB is meaningless, that is not an endorsement of PTI's practices in any way either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #212  
Rubber Obsessor

There is a lot of emotion about these issues and with little or no communication from those that have the power to fix those problems it only gets worse. The answers comming out are seems out of proportion to the amount of issues not getting resolved.

I believe that the vast majority of those that have problems and are frustrated or angry at the time it takes/took to respond, the manner of the responses, the lack of being able to speak to anyone personally, by phone, at PTI about those concerns and still unresolved issues, DO NOT and is not their intention to "cyber bully" anyone. They are frustrated and are venting that frustration (I am not condoning or excusing any remarks that cross the line). They just want to get their problems resolved in a timely manner without having to jump through hoops to do so and feel that they, the customer, matter.

I also believe that these customers, who are still sending in their money for the product that PTI promotes and sells, WANTS TO BE AND CONTINUE TO BE CUSTOMERS and see that PTI continues and grows because of their (the customers) desire and appreciation of that product. They have said so in numerous posts. BUT, that patience is running out because PTI does not seem to have the same loyalty to their customers (with problems, mostly created by PTI themselves and their response to those problems).

There are those that are friends with the owners and DT of PTI and would never say a negative word about them, no matter what they did/do. That is their choice to do so and they are just as entitled to say it as those who have the opposite views. For anyone on either side to berate the other for their views is not right. We can all state our opinions, beliefs, experiences and use those preferences to denote which they are for clearer understanding of our posts. As the mod said there are rules for posting things that are meant to hurt someone, and for good reason. Sometimes in our frustration and anger we can cross the line.

PR is a tightrope and you have to be very careful about what is related to your customer/potential customers. The owners/DT/employees are in this position. Some company info is "secure" info and does not need to be related. The owners/DT/employees are not going to say anything that would paint PTI in a negative light and that they are "in trouble". How could they, as you know, once it is posted on the web, it is there forever! But, they can relate issues in a "secure" way AND resolve them.

Questions can be asked in a blunt and pointed manner, but still be respectful and polite. Honesty goes a long way, on both sides, to create understanding, patience and GOOD WILL. This is not directed an any person, just everyone in general, including myself.

It seems that PTI has in the past been reliable from the reviews of many people. it seems that the current problems have been happening over a year long with slow or no resolutions. When compared to other companies here and used by many crafters here and on other forums, you do not see the amount of ill will of customers in the amount that is currently directed at PTI, with the majority of those complaints directed at CS and their business practices.

All companies can have issues that need to be addressed. Mistakes happen, computers/web sites have glitches, break down, suppliers for inventory can't fill orders for a companies inventory, defective product comes from manufacturers, even weather realted issues. This is normal. These issues are easily handled and can be communicated to the customers in a not TMI related manner, but so that the customers can understand. Refunds, store credit etc. can be given and the customer can purchase later if they desire. Some companies have other problems, financial, control, ability ect.

This is totally my opinion: It has been stated in posts by PTI that one of the owners, Julie has a full time position elsewhere than PTI. If she has a family as well as lifes other concerns, it would be hard to have enough hours in a day to run another full time business as well. I do not know or have researched in posts about Nicole or the other owner and the time that they commit each day to PTI. Or, if PTI has full time employees? It could be full time hours, it could not be, does anyone know if it has been posted by them?

The reason that I say is that could the many customers of PTI think that PTI is a "full time" business when in fact it is only a "part time" business? If those customers think of PTI as a full time business then they would naturally expect full time business hours devoted to the issues at hand. If the owners/employees are only working "part time" at PTI then there would naturally be slow with only a few hours a day devoted to running it, handling problems, and shipping orders. It may be an expectation misunderstanding that is contributing to the problems.

If this is not the case and PTI has a full time staff, warehouse, management, IT person, shipping etc. then the reasons for all the problem are not as apparent. Maybe PTI is growing too fast and they are not able to keep up with the changes needed for that growth. It is a very strange way to run a business in my opinion with the responses to the customers. It does seem to be a business in trouble and one that has more than a "bump in the road" as they stated.

A business does have to continue to sell products to receive income to pay the bills, so they cannot in reality stop selling product and stay in business. But the release of new product could be postponed until the issues are worked out, it does seem that it would take time away from correcting the issues.

Again, I do not believe that anyone truely wants to see PTI's demise. In fact, just the opposite but with no explination of why the continual problems and lack of resolutions and poor CS attitude, they are left to make their own assumptions on the actions and words/lack of from PTI. They have nothing else to go on. For those that think it is "no big deal", put yourself in their shoes and see how you would think and feel if your CC was charged wrongly and you had to "prove" it, sometimes several times, had no one to speak to personally, and had no refund for months? You would wonder why you could not speak to anyone, why you had to wait weeks for an email response that didn't resolve the issue and required you to send/resubmit info and wait again for another email and still you did not have YOUR money refunded? Why were they NOT refunding money? Why did it take so long? Where money is concerned there is usually a personally "importance" to the problem.

AND, on the other side, put your self in their shoes. What if they had a major computer crash and lost info/databases, or had family problems, employee problems, financial problems, supplier problems etc. etc. all that comes with running a business, either part or full time. You were overwhelmed and didn't have the resources or time to get all of the many problems resolved? Would you want to see your business go under do to that? How would you react with all of the problems on your shoulders?

Granted that the above is only supposition, but what if it was true in even a small sense? That is the problem, no ones knows and it isn't being communicated in a safe and secure way so that the customers can be understanding and patient (not that they haven't been). This is also not to be construed to lessen the importance of any customers issues. Just food for thougt. I do think that it can be resolved. Feelings can be mended, good will restored, hopefully. I wish PTI and their customers a quick, satisfactory conclusion.

If you made it to the end of the book post, I am sorry for the length, I don't seem to be able to say anything with less words, maybe I need to get out more. It is said that a woman has 10,000 words a day that she needs to say, I guess I used mine.

Last edited by sea777; 03-16-2012 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Dang thing posted when I did not hit submit button
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #213  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

If you were one of the people waiting over a year, or even a month, for their issue to get worked out (they owe me $50) would you stop and trust them to work it out?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #214  
Polyshrink Goddess

No, probably not. That is a totally legit reason to be upset. However, being upset for packages taking 15 days as opposed to 5 days is not, in my opinion.
These kind of threads seem to cause panic, the same thing happened a few years back with those shimmery paints.

Oh and Sonya, that was beautifully said!

Last edited by horseygal; 03-17-2012 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: additional thought
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #215  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelittlebirchtreeView Post
As of tomorrow, I placed an order with PTI 10 whole days ago and it still hasn't shipped.

So I wrote their customer service, only to get a generic email that basically says "if you are emailing about this certain list of things, we won't be writing you back"

Totally ridiculous!! And then it said that they will respond within 3 business days. I used to work in customer service and I would be FIRED if I ever even dreamed of saying that to a client.

I was so excited because it was my first order with them and now it is definitely going to be my LAST. I am not going to wait 2 weeks! When I buy custom, hand made items it never takes even this long!

I'm really frustrated because I was so excited and now I'm just mad!
Question - did you know about any of the customer service issues before ordering? Would you have ordered if you did?

If you went to the Papertrey forum and there was NO mention of the customer service issues and NO mention of delays on the website, would you be angry?

I get that you are saying enough is enough (as stated on another forum to me) but just because you have decided not to order, isn't it fair that if the company is not going to let potential customers know about their practices that somebody should?

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #216  
Rubber Obsessor

Default I'm the one they still owe $50 from Feb release

I did get a PM from Nicole 2 days ago stating I should have my refund by today. I do not have my refund yet.
I just realized that the last 4 digits of the CC she referenced in the PM are not mine. Looks like someone else may be getting my refund.
This is getting comical.
ang
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #217  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I did get a PM from Nicole 2 days ago stating I should have my refund by today. I do not have my refund yet.
I just realized that the last 4 digits of the CC she referenced in the PM are not mine. Looks like someone else may be getting my refund.
This is getting comical.
ang
OMG Maybe your $50 is the price of admission to watch this show
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #218  
Hardware Hotshot

I feel sorry for the customers with these problems, but I am starting to feel sorry for the people at PTI. They must be working in panic mode and are creating more problems and mistakes .

I do hope they get a handle on this soon for everyone's sake.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #219  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
I feel sorry for the customers with these problems, but I am starting to feel sorry for the people at PTI. They must be working in panic mode and are creating more problems and mistakes .

I do hope they get a handle on this soon for everyone's sake.
I agree to a point but since they keep making their own problems, I have very little sympathy. So many of the issues could have been resolved much more efficiently but when given the choice between doing the logical thing and doing the make-work thing, they always seem to do the latter.

I've suggested a good will customer service letter that should have gone on their website a month ago but instead they decided to wait until panic struck in customer service a day before the new release and delete all of the emails. Does that make any sense? The outcome could have been so much different.

Another example of doing the wrong thing was back in December a number of orders went missing. It wasn't until I asked Nichole personally that she admitted that an entire pallet of orders had gone missing and when discovered 12 days later were sent out as if nothing had happened. Really? Did ya think that no one would notice? Or were you hoping that the post office would get the blame?

I could go on and on because apparently there have been issues since 2008 but I won't.

I find it hard to feel a lot of sympathy because they are the makers of their own fate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #220  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I find it hard to feel a lot of sympathy because they are the makers of their own fate.
This. I am way beyond sympathy at this point.
Ang
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #221  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow, I think that I'm just going to step out of this thread.
I am very sorry if I have offended anyone with my opinion, and I hope that everyone gets their problems fixed very soon.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #222  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Wow, I think that I'm just going to step out of this thread.
I am very sorry if I have offended anyone with my opinion, and I hope that everyone gets their problems fixed very soon.
Giving a reminder to take a moment and get our thoughts focused again is always a good. But I think that the "mob mentality" likening was counter productive to the desired outcome. It is easy to see how the way we say things can affect emotions and I am sure that those posting here that have problems would accept your understanding and the apology that you have given.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2012, 03:48 AM   #223  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sea777View Post
AND, on the other side, put your self in their shoes. What if they had a major computer crash and lost info/databases, or had family problems, employee problems, financial problems, supplier problems etc. etc. all that comes with running a business, either part or full time. You were overwhelmed and didn't have the resources or time to get all of the many problems resolved? Would you want to see your business go under do to that? How would you react with all of the problems on your shoulders?
It appears to me, from reading every post on this thread, that any/all of these scenarios are possible. It also appears to me that the frustrated customers would be less so if PTI would just SAY that one or more is the case. If you tell me why I can't have it yet, or why my money is missing, I'm much more likely to wait patiently while you work it out. When you just tell me (directly or indirectly through vague communication or NO communication) to shut up and go away, that's when I lose patience and sympathy. I'm not a PTI customer, just an observer... This whole situation is so sad...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #224  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
It appears to me, from reading every post on this thread, that any/all of these scenarios are possible. It also appears to me that the frustrated customers would be less so if PTI would just SAY that one or more is the case. If you tell me why I can't have it yet, or why my money is missing, I'm much more likely to wait patiently while you work it out. When you just tell me (directly or indirectly through vague communication or NO communication) to shut up and go away, that's when I lose patience and sympathy. I'm not a PTI customer, just an observer... This whole situation is so sad...
This is well said, and I agree with everything here, including the last sentence. I've never ordered from them, but I've often thought about it but I won't until I know they've resolved their difficulties. And I truly hope that if/when they do, that their loyal customers will start a positive thread, so that I can be just as informed then as I am now.

Communication is so important to customers. I placed a Gina K. order this week, and still haven't received a shipping notice. However, I've received two friendly emails in the last week (one was before I ordered, one after) explaining why exactly they are behind on getting their orders out. Knowing exactly what's going on makes all the difference. And it's great knowing that their last release greatly exceeded all expectations. I just don't think it's so hard to communicate what's going on. Sometimes it sounds like Papertrey is doing too much, with new releases too often, anniversary sets, gift certificates, maybe they need to step back a little and just get back to the basics. Rewarding customers doesn't do much good if your business is so swamped that you can't even get these rewards in the customers' hands.

I really hope these issues get resolved, but it sure looks like whoever is making the decisions there is making some very bad ones.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13

Last edited by jkstieber; 03-18-2012 at 08:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #225  
Compulsive Stamper

I placed my very first PTI order last week and received it yesterday. Although no shipping communication, I was tickled how quickly I got my order. Packaged very nicely, everything intact and beautiful. I am so pleased that I plan to place another order soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #226  
Kookie Creator

After what seems like a long time its great to see something positive about PTI's customer service!

I saw several threads in the PTI forums today where people reported their anniversary sets were shipped, tracking numbers showing on the website and even some prize winners saying they got an email offering them a gift certificate and apologizing for the prize delay.

Also, I noticed the PTI DT all stepping in to help in the forums with customer issues. They also started several fun threads to blow away the cloud of gloom in their forums. Kudos to them for helping out so much!

I'm so happy with these steps! I hope PTI continues taking more such steps in the right direction. I'd love to start ordering from them again real soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #227  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

This is getting comical.
ang
How did you get to Nicole? I haven't found any emails other than Jennifer Ellefsun to write to. This is one of my biggest frustrations. I have been ordering from PTI since they started. I never had an issue until the Feb. release. I still have not received my order but they charged my card on 2/21. I have gotten 2 emails from CS - auto replies! I love PTI products and I would like to have more but until they rectify my issue I won't be purchasing anything. I would love to be able to contact someone that will help me.
Harriet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #228  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by hskellyView Post
How did you get to Nicole? I haven't found any emails other than Jennifer Ellefsun to write to. This is one of my biggest frustrations. I have been ordering from PTI since they started. I never had an issue until the Feb. release. I still have not received my order but they charged my card on 2/21. I have gotten 2 emails from CS - auto replies! I love PTI products and I would like to have more but until they rectify my issue I won't be purchasing anything. I would love to be able to contact someone that will help me.
Harriet
Harriet, you can PM Nichole from the PTI forum - forum.papertreyink.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #229  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativecView Post
Harriet, you can PM Nichole from the PTI forum - forum.papertreyink.com

No, you can't. She has the PM feature disabled for her profile. I do believe the only people who've had contact with her have had it initiated on Nichole's end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #230  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by hskellyView Post
Harriet
Posting your issue directly to the Papertrey forum seems to be getting resolution for some people. The design team has stepped in to help with customer service issues and may be able to solve your problem.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #231  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Default Awesome first time buying experience

I'm so sorry to hear about some of the issues people are having. I placed an order last week for the first time. I read their notice when I first went to the website, but decided to give it a try anyway. I didn't receive a confirmation email of my order, so I sent an email. They responded within 24 hours with the tracking number for me. I got my order in just 4 business days. I'm very happy with my experience. Hopefully others will be pleasantly surprised with better service soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #232  
Pearl-ExPert

I had to post this. Here's another company experiencing some issues due to growth and allowing a balance between work and home life for their employees. See how they are handling it:

Gina K. Designs- StampTV blog: Growing Pains and Some Personal Stuff

The best part is they are communicating honestly with their customers and acknowledging an issue and not hiding it. What a class act. My mom has ordered twice and I'll soon be following her lead. PTI could learn a few things just from reading the above post! If I lived in that area, I'd apply for a job :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #233  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,298 Likes on 2,485 Posts

I too thought of PTI when I got this email from Gina K today. I even posted a comment on her blog it was awesome to see a company put the customers first, instead of $$$

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #234  
Pearl-ExPert

This is what I just posted on the Papertrey Ink forum:

So now my order shows on the PTI site as "Fully Shipped ." The USPS site lists yesterday, April 5 with "Electronic Shipping Info Received." I know that in the "old days" -- prior to the new website -- that info meant basically that a label had been generated and nothing more. It could still take a while for a package to actually get on its way.

I've been waiting to place this order until certain things were straightened out on the mess of a website that would allow me to use multiple gift certificates and reward points. And I waited. During the wait I saw some improvements in communication and getting some issues resolved. I felt a glimmer of hope. Now I'm sitting here waiting for an order that hasn't even shipped, while others who ordered after I did have received their orders (even taking geography into account).

I'm back to feeling that very little has really changed after all. I cashed out everything I had invested with PTI, with the intent of it being my last order unless real changes were in effect. I guess I've gotten my answer.
logoct on Pinterest
Lola G.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #235  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola G.View Post
This is what I just posted on the Papertrey Ink forum:

So now my order shows on the PTI site as "Fully Shipped ." The USPS site lists yesterday, April 5 with "Electronic Shipping Info Received." I know that in the "old days" -- prior to the new website -- that info meant basically that a label had been generated and nothing more. It could still take a while for a package to actually get on its way.

I've been waiting to place this order until certain things were straightened out on the mess of a website that would allow me to use multiple gift certificates and reward points. And I waited. During the wait I saw some improvements in communication and getting some issues resolved. I felt a glimmer of hope. Now I'm sitting here waiting for an order that hasn't even shipped, while others who ordered after I did have received their orders (even taking geography into account).

I'm back to feeling that very little has really changed after all. I cashed out everything I had invested with PTI, with the intent of it being my last order unless real changes were in effect. I guess I've gotten my answer.
logoct on Pinterest
Lola G.

I placed an order, cashing out all of my points, etc., on Sunday. A label was posted on my order in my account on Sunday night. Of course, it did not move until Tuesday night, when it showed shipped through Cinncinati. Once it started moving, I had it yesterday, shipped by the USPS. This was fast shipping, but the "fake" shipping labels are still occuring.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #236  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by DELSEView Post
I placed an order, cashing out all of my points, etc., on Sunday. A label was posted on my order in my account on Sunday night. Of course, it did not move until Tuesday night, when it showed shipped through Cinncinati. Once it started moving, I had it yesterday, shipped by the USPS. This was fast shipping, but the "fake" shipping labels are still occuring.

Deb
Deb, part of what I'm frustrated about is that the order I referred to in my previous post was placed on Friday, one week ago. At this point, I would expect something more than just a label being generated.

People who placed orders a day or two after mine (such as yourself) have received those orders, including a woman who lives a couple of hours away from me.

Something's wrong with that picture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #237  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So because of all this I didn't buy anything stampish last month with my monthly "fun money"

I was gonna wait it out ya know.

But now I'm not sure I really needed any of that stuff anyhow.

I think I might get a bike with a baby seat on it so I can go bike riding with my baby or a kayak so I can go kayaking by myself.

I mean I'm halfway to those more expensive purchases just for not ordering PTI last month. Maybe PTI's stinky CS will result in me starting a new healthy hobby, I'll loose 70lbs, be in great shape and live an extra 20 years. This crap may be why I live to see my great-grandchildren.

So that would be an upside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #238  
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

LOL Erin- there's always a silver lining
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #239  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
So because of all this I didn't buy anything stampish last month with my monthly "fun money"

I was gonna wait it out ya know.

But now I'm not sure I really needed any of that stuff anyhow.

I think I might get a bike with a baby seat on it so I can go bike riding with my baby or a kayak so I can go kayaking by myself.

I mean I'm halfway to those more expensive purchases just for not ordering PTI last month. Maybe PTI's stinky CS will result in me starting a new healthy hobby, I'll loose 70lbs, be in great shape and live an extra 20 years. This crap may be why I live to see my great-grandchildren.

So that would be an upside.

LOL! This line of thinking reminds me of that "Don't end up in a roadside ditch. Switch to COMCAST" commercial. LOL. Love how you take us through the process. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #240  
Rubber Obsessor

Well, I had placed an order with PTI in February and it was shipped to a wrong address. To make a long story short it took me countless emails and a snail mail letter to PTI to finally get my order TWO MONTHS LATER. I will never, ever order from them again. They have the worst customer service that I know of and it's great for a company to grow, but they'd better learn how to do it in baby steps to keep their customers happy. Good luck to anyone with open order with them.
Reply With Quote Likes