Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #121  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I never updated.

So I eventually did get my first order. And then I placed another order which took just as long, 2.5 weeks. And it was missing the Lovely Leaves set. And obviously CS is incompetent and I have not heard back and it's been a week. Luckily, I paid with PayPal. If I can pay by PayPal, I do it! It gave me peace of mind that if something screwed up, I could file a claim. ... Which I did. I figured that Paypal would at least respond to my emails!

It's a shame, I love the images and designs of PTI, but man.... They suck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #122  
Polyshrink Goddess

Honestly, I am so sorry for those of you with bad experiences. Don't know what to say.

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #123  
Insane Embellisher

I discovered PTI cardstock about a year ago and I LOVE it. I have not had any problems with my orders. I just ordered 2 packages of cardstock and some ribbon on March 2nd (Friday), and received it today, March 7th (Wednesday). The only time I had a delivery take longer than normal was the post office's fault.

Just wanted to give my thumbs up for PTI.

Trish
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #124  
Glitter Queen

My 2 cents - great products but buy at your own risk. I'm one of the people still waiting for an anniversary set earned in accordance with the stated customer rewards program for Feb 2010 - Feb 2011.

I've written to PTI 7 times about the set owed and have still not yet had a substantive resolution to my problem. Sorry, but any company which actually cared about its customers would have sorted the issue by now. And if they can't supply me with the set, I would rather they had the guts to tell me, offer me an apology and something else in its place.

On a positive note, I can recommend several companies which have great products and great service: Waltzingmouse Stamps, Market Street Stamps and Lawn Fawn.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #125  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniefbView Post
My 2 cents - great products but buy at your own risk. I'm one of the people still waiting for an anniversary set earned in accordance with the stated customer rewards program for Feb 2010 - Feb 2011.

I've written to PTI 7 times about the set owed and have still not yet had a substantive resolution to my problem. Sorry, but any company which actually cared about its customers would have sorted the issue by now. And if they can't supply me with the set, I would rather they had the guts to tell me, offer me an apology and something else in its place.

On a positive note, I can recommend several companies which have great products and great service: Waltzingmouse Stamps, Market Street Stamps and Lawn Fawn.
Just wanted to say that I feel terrible for you. I know that you've brought this issue to light on the PTI forums as well. It's such a shame that they are not resolving these issues in a timely manner. Put the stamp set in the mail and be done with it, already!

I've been waiting for nearly three months for a prize to be delivered. I was excited when I won the stamp set, not so excited anymore.

I would have such great respect for PTI if they said "No more monthly releases until all customer service issues have been resolved." Instead, they're rolling out another new release, while many folks are stilling waiting for issues from the last release to settled. I have gift certificates and do not even know if I can use them.

I really love PTI's products and designs. I hope they can step up to the plate and start acting like a business that is about substance and not just a business that puts form over function.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #126  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post

I've been waiting for nearly three months for a prize to be delivered. I was excited when I won the stamp set, not so excited anymore.
This is one of the situations that I just don't understand. That prize box should be packed and ready to go - just waiting for a label to be slapped on once they have the winners information. I hope you get your prize soon.

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #127  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzza111View Post
Of course this would be the wise business decision to make but you know, you gotta pay for the house that stamps built!

I'll be perfectly honest, I have not experienced bad customer service from PTI. But, I have promoted them and encouraged my crafty friends to purchase from them and they are stuck in this massive web of poo and for that I'm angry! My protest of PTI is to honor those who need a voice.

Ami
The House That Stamps Built. LOL! Gotta love that!

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. My apologies for earlier posts of the "I've never had a problem" nature. Truth is, there are problems. BIG problems. I just want to be able to use my gift certificates, cash in my rewards points, finish the last of my PTI orders, and move along. Too many great items now hitting the stores from Winter CHA, along with great new internet companies to explore!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #128  
Stazon Splitcoast

You don't need to apologize, Mary Rose. I think a lot of us at the start of all the problems really did feel that way. I know I did. I wasn't having problems myself and felt bad for those that did. I wasn't ordering that much from there anymore but still thought I'd been lucky and could continue to order, and until I got a rotten deal, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

But that's over for me. I used to recommend them to a lot of people and just can't in good conscience anymore. They just are not proving that they value their customers. And a lot of people who see what has been going on really feel that they should keep it visible so that newcomers to the company are not going in with their eyes closed.

I honestly think most people voicing concerns about customer service issues really wish that they could one day say, "Hey, they finally turned it around! Things can go back to the way they used to be." But as time drags on with no resolution on so many fronts, it's going to be harder and harder for them to win people back.

And look at you, Mary Rose!! You almost gave up stamping but changed your strategies, checked out new companies, and really found that you loved PTI! You were a new enthusiastic customer, won a prize and then .... pffffttt... Nothing. Ami is so right -- why was that package not sitting there, packed, ready to be shipped?! Shameful.

I'm done. I will NOT be purchasing from Papertrey Ink. I'm not even sure if I will if they turn things around either. There are SO many great companies out there, and like you said, new products from CHA are just around the corner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #129  
Rubber Obsessor

I posted the book earlier on what, in my opinion, makes a great company earlier in the thread. I went to PTI's forum as I have been a random lurker there, to see what everyone was saying and to see PTI's side of it.

UMH. I read the threads of the customers having problems, which there seems to be many. One thread speaks about over 600 emails and that they were at the end of the list. WOW, that is a lot of CS emails! I am wondering what portion that is to actual invoices (meaning how many invoices are having a problem to ones that are not). I read the responses by PTI and I was not impressed.

To me, and this is just my opinion, the tone sounds like they are aggravated by all the complaints and emails for them to "do something/say something/get problems resolved". They offer no response except to say they are aware of the problems, but give no time to or solutions of those problems.

I had never posted on the forum before so I posted (on 3/6) some very pointed, blunt questions and observations gleaned from reading the posts. It was another book length post there. Since it was my first post it had to be moderated and as of today, 3/8 is has not been approved. Nor do I think it will.

One of my observations was why there was no phone number to call them? It seems to me to be very telling. They do not want to communicate with their customers. And why would any company NOT want to communicate in a real conversation with it's customers? It seems that PTI has some real issues that they do not seem able or maybe even have the desire to correct. Sad, because from what the customers are saying is that they really do want it to be resloved so that they can CONTINUE to be customers!

There are some companies here at SCS that are first class, Gina K is one of them. She is very visable here and her own forum, helpful, approachable, accessable and seems to sincerely care about her customers. There are other companies here that are the same as well.

It is strange that PTI does not address these issues honestly (not meaning for them to divulge sensitive/personal matters), their customers want to be customers and sincerely want to see PTI alive and well. When there is no communication the "we are aware" emails and forum posts seem dismissive, cause people to assume (I know, I know) the worst, speculate as to their motives. Without the truth being presented all they have to go on is the non-action and no communication.

I truely believe that their customers want to help PTI and be patient, but that patience is wearing out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2012, 04:46 AM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't imagine why it took SO long for this to be posted but if you still have hope, here's the latest from the PTI Forum, from Jennifer:

"ANNIVERSARY SETS - Could those who are missing their sets please email me at [email protected]? Please include your full name (it's very difficult to match your username here to your real name, although there are a couple that I know) and your current mailing address. (Due to the fact that I am trying to address this issue as quickly as possible, I would kindly request that ONLY those directly affected take this route.) I am going to make absolutely sure everyone who is missing these receives them.

GIFT CERTIFICATES - Our new system would not accept code to accept old gift certificates, so new codes have been issued and emailed to those with outstanding Yahoo store-based gift certificates (those are easily identified by the @ followed by many random letters). If you entered an old GC# in your order comments during checkout on the new site, we will be taking care of this and applying the new code to your existing order (and once we do so, that new code will be used). I have a list of many people that Dave and I have been in contact with over the last week or so, but if you have not yet contacted customer service with this inquiry, please do so with the subject line OLD GIFT CERTIFICATE. This will expedite the process and make sure you are taken care of as quickly as possible."

Good luck :^) !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #131  
Crimping Master

Is it me being cranky or do others think that the new PTI stamp set packaging is really not an improvement? It sort of baffles me why they continue to package their clear stamps in a completely different format from everyone else who sells clear stamps including Michael's Reflection brand.

They made the point that the new clear box would be more condusive to reuse for gifting card sets to people. I disagree. One, it is fairly narrow in depth. Two, they still glue that belly band around the top, so you are left with the glue marks on the box. I promtly threw mine away. The only stamps I ordered from the last release was the anniversary set with my points.

I really think it would have been smarter to start packaging in a flat format so they could start sending in padded postal envelopes.

FYI - I ordered 3 packages of 50 count paper packs ( 150 sheets). I was shocked that they had sent it in a priority mail box. In the past, the paper orders always seemed to go UPS. It was just an observation I noticed in my last order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #132  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Heart

Actually, I really like the new packaging but then I wasn't attached to the old version anyway. I like the slender box with the band at the top. I have chosen to store my new stamps in them for now-maybe at some point they'll fall apart but they look very pretty in my shallow tray behind the ones in cds. I can put my hands on them immediately without even pulling the tray out!

And I do love the new cardstock insert so much more than the stickers they used to include. The back of the insert has all the images printed on it, so easy to see the sentiments now. And the tip sheet...I had NEVER read one until I saw the new style. Love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #133  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccboobooView Post
Is it me being cranky or do others think that the new PTI stamp set packaging is really not an improvement? It sort of baffles me why they continue to package their clear stamps in a completely different format from everyone else who sells clear stamps including Michael's Reflection brand.

They made the point that the new clear box would be more condusive to reuse for gifting card sets to people. I disagree. One, it is fairly narrow in depth. Two, they still glue that belly band around the top, so you are left with the glue marks on the box. I promtly threw mine away. The only stamps I ordered from the last release was the anniversary set with my points.

I really think it would have been smarter to start packaging in a flat format so they could start sending in padded postal envelopes.

FYI - I ordered 3 packages of 50 count paper packs ( 150 sheets). I was shocked that they had sent it in a priority mail box. In the past, the paper orders always seemed to go UPS. It was just an observation I noticed in my last order.
they don't come in CD cases anymore?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #134  
Polyshrink Goddess

I really dislike CD cases so I am looking forward to the new packaging!

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #135  
Inking Addict

Packaging - I wish PTI had discontinued the outer clear plastic box completely. I don't make card sets for gifts, I don't need to store cards that I have made for my own use in a plastic box, so whatever size they are, they are just waste/trash for me. :(

Storage - I did use the CD cases that had been included previously. However, the change to DVD case size doesn't bother me, even though the storage has to be purchased separately, in addition to the set.

I hope PTI will soon have the DVD cases available to purchase from them. I feel like it's easier to buy from them than have to make a separate purchase elsewhere.

Tip sheets - It's ok to include in sets. I don't have real strong opinions either way. I hope they will put the tip sheets on line on their web site again, like they were on the older site. Currently, the older ones are not available anywhere.

All just my opinions, realize others may have different thoughts. Right now, new doesn't matter for me, I'm one of those who are unable to place an order via the new site.:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #136  
Rubber Obsessor

I know all those who have a problem are very glad to hear that PTI is at least communicating something now. I hope for customers that they do get their issues solved quickly now. And hopefully this is a good sign that things will be different and going in the right direction!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #137  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I truly believe that none of the "responses" from PTI would have occurred without the huge outcry from their customer/former customer base. PTI is very good at giving lip service, not so good at following through.

I have been a long time customer. Basically since the beginning. And, for a long time, a huge supporter. There was a time they got all my crafty dollars. I've pushed the "I want it all" button on more than one occasion. No more. I'll cash out my reward points and maybe they can change their practices and earn my business back someday.

I read somewhere that the opposite of love is not hate. It is apathy. That's where I am now. I don't wish them ill. I just really don't care anymore.

I've found great companies to do business with that ship promptly, communicate properly and value me as a customer. And guess what? When I win one of their prizes, it doesn't take months and many emails to get it. Their websites function properly and I know my credit card will be protected and accepted. They are proactive if there is a quality problem and I know I won't have to prove my purchase to them in order to get a replacement. In fact, they send it out without me even asking. They have functioning databases and know how to use them. They respond to emails quickly.

There are a lot of companies who also have great creativity and design. PTI has not cornered the market on that. If truth be told, I get a bit tired of picking up every issue of Paper Crafts magazine and having it look like a catalog for PTI. I may not renew just for that reason. There are too many options to just limit myself to a single company.

I guess the Kool-Aid has long worn off and my eyes are wide open to the possibilities.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #138  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat in OhioView Post
I truly believe that none of the "responses" from PTI would have occurred without the huge outcry from their customer/former customer base. PTI is very good at giving lip service, not so good at following through.
This is exactly how I feel. There was an issue a few months ago where a pallet of about 60 orders got lost in the warehouse for more than 12 days and then they were mailed out as if nothing had happened. When they were questioned on their own forum, it was finally admitted. They would have kept quiet altogether if it hadn't been for the post asking directly about it.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #139  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara32caView Post
This is exactly how I feel. There was an issue a few months ago where a pallet of about 60 orders got lost in the warehouse for more than 12 days and then they were mailed out as if nothing had happened. When they were questioned on their own forum, it was finally admitted. They would have kept quiet altogether if it hadn't been for the post asking directly about it.

Barbara
Wow!! I hope they sent out a little extra something in those 60 orders to make up for the extra 12 days of waiting!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #140  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
Wow!! I hope they sent out a little extra something in those 60 orders to make up for the extra 12 days of waiting!!!
Nope. They didn't even include an apology.
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Nope. They didn't even include an apology.
Barbara
Oh oh oh. That REALLY sucks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #142  
Kookie Creator

Location: VA. But my heart is split between the U.S. and Guatemala!

I just finished reading all 4 pages of posts... It is so sad to see that some of the earlier posters that hadn't had any problems and were very happy with PTI, are now posting about negative experiences.

I never had a negative experience, but I stopped ordering for a couple of reasons...
- I feel that it is only a matter of time before things go wrong. Every time I've place an order during the last few months, I've felt like I'm playing Russian roulette.
-I can't keep supporting a company that doesn't care about it customers and treats them wrong.

I hope they can get their act together and turn things around before it is too late, but I am not holding my breath...

If you have never purchased fom PTI, I recommend joining their forum and getting informed before you make a decision. If you decide to take your chances, I hope it works out for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #143  
Matboard Maniac

How do you join their forum?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #144  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

I tried to find the steps for you, but as I'm already a registered user, the info to sign up doesn't show for me.

Try going to the PTI website; click on the "This & That" tab; there will be a link for the forum there. Click that link and maybe the info will come up for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #145  
Hardware Hotshot

The first time I have a problem with a company I contact them to correct it and give them the benefit of the doubt. Even the best run companies can have a problem now and then. If I don't get a response in a reasonable amount of time ( a couple of days) it is a red flag for me. Was there a good reason they didn't respond in a timely manner? Illness or a death in the family?

If in a short period of time I encounter problems again I simply cross them off my list of places to buy . There are too many great companies out there for me to be aggravated trying to spend money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #146  
Hardware Hotshot

So, would you say that three months and five emails later, I should probably stop checking the mailbox for that prize I've been waiting for? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #147  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
The first time I have a problem with a company I contact them to correct it and give them the benefit of the doubt. Even the best run companies can have a problem now and then. If I don't get a response in a reasonable amount of time ( a couple of days) it is a red flag for me. Was there a good reason they didn't respond in a timely manner? Illness or a death in the family?

If in a short period of time I encounter problems again I simply cross them off my list of places to buy . There are too many great companies out there for me to be aggravated trying to spend money.
Customer service emails are backed up by at least a week because they had a lot of problems with the new website that they are trying to fix. The only way to get any information seems to be to visit the forum.

I'm not sure why they decided to launch a glitchy website a few days before their 5th anniversary festivities and try to offer a 5% discount on release night but it didn't turn out very well. Right now there are a lot of angry customers. They also had other unresolved customer service issues before the website problems so some feel that going ahead with the release as usual was just adding salt to the wounds.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #148  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Customer service emails are backed up by at least a week because they had a lot of problems with the new website that they are trying to fix. The only way to get any information seems to be to visit the forum.

I'm not sure why they decided to launch a glitchy website a few days before their 5th anniversary festivities and try to offer a 5% discount on release night but it didn't turn out very well. Right now there are a lot of angry customers. They also had other unresolved customer service issues before the website problems so some feel that going ahead with the release as usual was just adding salt to the wounds.

Barbara
I'd say over 10 days by my experience. I e-mailed CS on the 1st and still have had no personal response. I've loved all of the PTI products I've purchased, and have had prompt shipment when I haven't ordered during release time. However, all of the snafus that I and many others have experienced recently have certainly made me question whether I want to risk purchasing from PTI in the future. Creatively they are top-notch, which draws us in. I hope for their sake (and the sake of all of us who love their stuff) they're willing to do whatever it takes to resolve all legitimate issues, even if that means delaying a release to do so. It seems that going ahead with the March release before resolving the multitude of problems still lingering from February is just compounding the problem and can give the impression that they don't care about their customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #149  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm more than half way across the country from PTI and I received my most recent order in 4 days, yesterday.

Just sayin'. :-)

They're probably all scrambling as fast as they can to climb out of trouble. God knows a ton of retail shops online and locally scrambled too and just didn't make it.

Bahb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 02:45 AM   #150  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by nillysilly_ol'bearView Post
I haven't read through this entire thread, I admit, but my experience with PTI shipping is this:
I have placed orders with them at all different times of the month. it ALWAYS takes a minimum of 30 days to receive my order with them no matter when they send the email that it has shipped. the email really doesn't mean anything.
they are less than 5 hours away from me and it still takes a month for me to get my merchandise. this is why I so rarely order from them, no matter how much I like their products. it doesn't matter how much I spend either. I thought that might make a difference, but a $100 order still takes a month to get to me.....
Not to defend PTI, but your problem may very well be the USPS. Having lived the military life all over the US for twenty years, we lived in places where I swore USPS used pony express to bring us our mail. I could mail something to my mom and it would get to her in a reasonable time, but my mom's mail to me took FOREVER. Every. Single. Time. Mail from my in-laws didn't take so long, and it was coming from farther away!

The problems weren't been quite as bad with UPS, but some locations did seem to take longer even with them.

Thirty days is excessive, however, and regardless of who's to blame, how frustrating for you to wait that long for stamp stuff!!!!

I live about an hour from PTI, and it usually takes five business days to get my orders with free shipping. My order last week took four days, but I've moved to a new neighborhood, which may have shaved a bit of time off the old USPS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #151  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

it would be wonderful if it were just an issue of the USPS being slow to deliver, but it always takes a minimum of 1 1/2 weeks just for me to get the email saying that my order has shipped. from there is takes another 5 days to 1 1/2 weeks for the actual package to get entered into the system and show up as having been received by the post office. this is what PTI always tells me is the 'we have printed your mailing label but haven't taken it to the p.o. yet' portion of shipping. once the USPS actually gets their hands on it, I have it in no time.

the problem is getting PTI to let go of it.

even SU! gets items to me much faster than PTI, and that's during their busy seasons.

as cute as the things are from PTI, when I have a craft deadline, I can't always plan that far ahead. I need things delivered promptly and they just don't. too many other stores out in bloggyland DO deliver what I need with much better customer service. so that is where I now go.
Well, shucks. At least you have lots of other awesome companies to order from that don't take so long!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #152  
Die Cut Diva

The USPS tracking system is horrible. I had a swap that took longer than it should and the online tracking was out of sequence and it looked like the package was coming back to me.

I think the USPS needs a complete reorg.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #153  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampnf1nView Post
The USPS tracking system is horrible. I had a swap that took longer than it should and the online tracking was out of sequence and it looked like the package was coming back to me.

I think the USPS needs a complete reorg.

Bonnie
I so agree with you! My case in point, at Christmas my mom mailed out Christmas cards (gifts enclosed)on the same day, to my kids, two of whom, were going to be here (Louisiana) for Christmas, the other (married) in Houston, Tx. We are 2 hours from Houston so not far, but the Houston kid got their Christmas card one week before Christmas but the two that were mailed to us here in Louisiana took 3 weeks!! Hello?! And yet I can order from an online store out of Illinois and have my package in 3 days tops!!
I do so think it is more of a USPS issue.

And I will add that our UPS deliveries are not all they're cracked up to be either. Last week my package (from another online store) kept getting delayed and then finally was delivered at 7:45 p.m.!!

Still waiting an entire month is just more than I could take!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #154  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

it would be wonderful if it were just an issue of the USPS being slow to deliver, but it always takes a minimum of 1 1/2 weeks just for me to get the email saying that my order has shipped. from there is takes another 5 days to 1 1/2 weeks for the actual package to get entered into the system and show up as having been received by the post office. this is what PTI always tells me is the 'we have printed your mailing label but haven't taken it to the p.o. yet' portion of shipping. once the USPS actually gets their hands on it, I have it in no time.

the problem is getting PTI to let go of it.

even SU! gets items to me much faster than PTI, and that's during their busy seasons.

as cute as the things are from PTI, when I have a craft deadline, I can't always plan that far ahead. I need things delivered promptly and they just don't. too many other stores out in bloggyland DO deliver what I need with much better customer service. so that is where I now go.
I would say that this is at least half of the problem!
:-) Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #155  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm just amazed at the new product they release every month, yet fail to fix the problems from the previous months. I've never had a problem... but like a poster above, I do feel a bit like I'm playing Russian Roulette. I'm sad that so many have problems, and I hope PTI will take a month or two to regroup and get everything sorted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #156  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I also want to add that I think it's appaling PTI hasn't sent out prize packages that were won months ago. yes, those should have been pre-packages and ready to mail as soon as names were drawn & shipping addys received.

I hope those of you waiting get your prizes soon.
I agree. I have heard this before. What could possibly be the issue?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #157  
Kookie Creator

You know I had recently decided to bite the bullet and begin to acquire everything on my wishlist. I placed a $100 order during last months anniversary/site launch fiasco. I did get my order placed, after having my cart dumped twice, frustrating but OK I got it done. Now I am having some serious reservations.

Additionally, how does everyone feel about their new "rewards" program? Do I have this right? I need to spend $600 dollars over the year to qualify for the anniversary set? With the old program I would need to spend about half that. Sorry, PTI I don't see that happening. That's a lot of my crafting dollars to spend in one place. I really like this year's set and I would love to have it, but I guess it's not in the cards. I do understand the rewards never expire, that is a plus. Also, I do realize there is a price to pay for free shipping, it's just that it's such a drastic change in the program.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #158  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by queekyView Post
You know I had recently decided to bite the bullet and begin to acquire everything on my wishlist. I placed a $100 order during last months anniversary/site launch fiasco. I did get my order placed, after having my cart dumped twice, frustrating but OK I got it done. Now I am having some serious reservations.

Additionally, how does everyone feel about their new "rewards" program? Do I have this right? I need to spend $600 dollars over the year to qualify for the anniversary set? With the old program I would need to spend about half that. Sorry, PTI I don't see that happening. That's a lot of my crafting dollars to spend in one place. I really like this year's set and I would love to have it, but I guess it's not in the cards. I do understand the rewards never expire, that is a plus. Also, I do realize there is a price to pay for free shipping, it's just that it's such a drastic change in the program.
WOW! That is a LOT of money to have to spend to get 1 stamp set that is, what, worth about $24.00 retail (doesn't cost them that much though). It better be a REAL GOOD stamp set for that! PTI seems to want you to be loyal to them with your money, but they don't seem to want to be loyal to the customer if they have problems (especially those problems not caused by customer error but are on the part of PTI).

I know that there are those who never have a problem with their orders and that is GREAT for them. But, those that unfortunately DO have a problem don't get the same feeling about their experience. Other companies have forums for their fans and such, but you do not see the number of dissatisfied customers posting on those forums that you do on PTI's forum or those that post about PTI's CS issues on other forums as well. If there were not problems there wouldn't be but maybe a few posts far and between, and, they would be resloved quickly. That there are, says a lot about what the issues are and how they take care (or not) of those issues.

Again, I say that any company that does not publish a phone number where you can speak to someone in that company, is very telling. IMO it tells me that if I have a problem or even want to just ask a question, I will not be able to talk to them and that they do NOT want to talk to me about it. Yes, when you have a business you need to fade the heat and speak to your customers if they have a problem, it is called backing your product!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #159  
Die Cut Diva

Question

OK, I have one for you.

So, from the February release, I placed 2 orders each of which was over the minimum shipping. Then I waited, and waited, and.... (you know the drill).

I checked the site from time-to-time and both orders showed (fully shipped). That's new to me, I'd never seen that before, and I had no way (that I know of) to find out when they shipped which was what I really needed to know. They are slooooooow to respond to emails, much more than 3 days - closer to 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. Most importantly, though, I never received a shipping notice on either order - either the "bogus" one or the real one that follows.

I have dogs in training and I need that notice. For me, it's not just a matter of convenience but a matter of necessity, so I can track the order and anticipate when it will arrive. I mean, I work my schedule around these things, truly. If I don't the animals intercept packages before I can get them. And that's exactly what happened. Without warning, the orders showed up on the same day and my boxer puppy tore into them when they were on the front porch. By the time I found them, they were chewed up and strewn all over the yard in the rain. :razz:

My fault? Absolutely, at least in part; after all, it is my dog. However, knowing my current situation with him, I would never have ordered if I knew I wouldn't get a heads-up when to expect them. That part I fault PTI for; they are the ones who claim they email shipping notices (and always have in the past).

I wrote to them my dilemma - paid in full for two orders and from the $150 I spent, was able to recover about $30 worth of merchandise (apparently paper is yummy, ink (cases) are crunchy and ribbon is like candy to a dog, LOL). Only the dies escaped dog feastarama; metal is not so much fun to chew. ;)

Honestly, I could understand that PTI didn't want to help me out - I mean, however true, "the dog ate my orders" may sound kinda far-fetched. However, this wouldn't have happened had PTI fulfilled their own set expectation of sending me shipping notices. This, in my opinion, makes them somewhat culpable.

Some little consideration would have gone a long way; it didn't have to be much, maybe a couple of ink pads.

But their flat refusal isn't what raised my ire. It was the reply when it finally came. The customer service representative (now that's funny) obviously didn't even read my email and her reply was down right insulting. It's bad enough to blow someone off, but when the reply is a trite as the one I received, and insulting to my intelligence, I, well, I just have to vent.

So, any advice? I haven't done any follow-up b/c I'm not sure there's any point. Only I haven't reordered either. It's going to be really hard to spend all that $ twice on the same items, KWIM? What would you do if you were me? Drop the issue & reorder once I save that much $ again, or try something else? :confused:

P.S. Sorry this is so long-winded - geesh!

Last edited by binx; 03-12-2012 at 03:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #160  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnvalView Post
I too ordered on the 15th...I just got my order TODAY March 1st! Very frustrating! I Placed a HUGE (over $600) order with SU this morning (around 10am) I got a shipping confirmation by 3pm w/a tracking number and confirmed that it had already been picked up! WOW!!! OVER $600 with Sale-A-Bration freebies plus Free and half price hostess gifts...and still Shipped out in less than 5 HOURS not DAYS!!!
I think that after 4yeras of monthly faithful orders of over $100, the order I received today will be my last.

So sad.
You know, on the surface, ending a relationship with a company may not sound like much. But the truth is that I really feel for ya. I'm kinda thinking the same thing, and when I do, I think, but gee, I have this paper but I still need the ribbon to go with it, and I was gonna order that ink, and I really had hoped to get such-and-such stamp set next month. So, yeah, going cold turkey - it is sad.
Reply With Quote Likes