Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Stamp Club

Ok.. I am a NEW demo and still haven't even gotten my kit yet but I was wondering what your stamp club consists of.. (ie stamp night fee, rotating hostesses, etc.)

I go to a stamp club but I was curious to see how different other ones are.. Please help me out.. My stamp club meets on the 20th and I want to have all my ducks in a row.

Thank you
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #2  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Default Stamp club activities

We have a swap each month. SOmetimes I issue a challenge such as using tags, or watercolor pencils (my clubbies all have them) They can do the challange as their swap or just bring it to show. If they do it at all, they get a laminated cupon they can use that night or save for later. They turn it in when used so I can reuse them.
I give them written directions to what we are doing, pictures, templates etc. We have a drawing for a small prize. They make a total mess and bring great food! hehe. They are quite good to have as the 7 of them normally spend 400-500 a month! Tomorrow they are making the even card organizers in the gallery under "anything BUT a card/calenders."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #3  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Default Stamp club activities

We have a swap each month. Sometimes I issue a challenge such as using tags, or watercolor pencils (my clubbies all have them) They can do the challange as their swap or just bring it to show. If they do it at all, they get a laminated cupon they can use that night or save for later. They turn it in when used so I can reuse them. The cupons are things such as free shipping tonight, a free pack of paper when you order 3, a free marker, a free whatever when you order 3, 10 and 15% off your order, that sort of thing.
I give them written directions to what we are doing, pictures, templates etc. We have a drawing for a small prize. The prizes are not all stampin up stuff, but just stamping of scrapping stuff from my stash when I clean out. Tomorrow I am giving away 2 hardback books on stamping- worth $20 each! They don't mind the used stamps and stuff so I got some sets at a garage sale that had no staining for prizes. Other times I make packs of cardstock and envelopes of packs of 12 inch scrapbook borders I cut in different edges with my rotary cutter. They make a total mess and bring great food! hehe. They are quite good to have as the 7 of them normally spend 400-500 a month! Tomorrow they are making the even card organizers in the gallery under "anything BUT a card/calenders."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 04:53 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 12:19 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

bump

Please help me with more ideas.. Do you lay down the "rules" from the git-go?? How do you go about introducting the club?
I was thinking, "Hi.. Thank you all for coming. This is a new venture for me and I want it to be as fun and exciting for you as it can be so before we get into stamping this morning (day club-when I did my workshop many said during day is better) I would like to go over just a few things......"

These are some things I was thinking and tell me if this sounds unreasonable. As of right now I only have 5-7 people who are interested. I haven't had a chance to go out and drum up business but I want to start with clubs just because it would be less stressful, I think...

1) Monthly Stamp Club Fee- $5.00 non-members $3.00 members
2) Monthly Order - $15.00 minimum (in attendance or not)
3) 5% off order for bringing a friend
4) Rotate hostess each month - I am taking the first one since I am not sure who is really dedicated to doing the club or not..

Any other suggestions?? Please help me, I beg of your expertise!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I belong to a monthly stamping group (though I'm soon to become a demonstrator).

We each commit to spend $25 each month and rotate hostessing. No monthly fee as we all order and our demo reaps the benefits from that. We always make 3 items to take home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 05:14 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

BUMP
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 08:35 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I have been lucky enough to have 2 stamp clubs or Stampers 10 groups, as I call them, for the past couple of years. I probably run them a bit differently than others, but here goes. My intent is to have a way for busy customers to have the chance to host a workshop with little to no effort.

Basically, I gather 10 people who may or may not know each other. I give them the rules, they place their orders each month by a specific date via phone call or email. Orders are delivered to me and I distribute them.

We do not have any organized meetings as most of them are very busy. What I do is offer Make and Take classes each month. My intent is to provide these classes for my stampers ten members to continually learn new techniques and introduce them to new sets. This allows them to bring friends along who may or may not have stamped before. I do not promote sales at the Make and Takes as I want my customers to be free from any pressure to purchase. They tend to relax and enjoy themselves so much. If someone wants to place an order I take time to do it for them, but it is an exception rather than the norm.

Sorry for being so wordy.

Eddie

My avatar is my teenage son with a mullet wig. Thank goodness a mother will love anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 04:23 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 04:47 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

join the Demo group on this site and you'll get more answers!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 06:14 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

I'm not a demo but a member of a stamp club. We have 10 members who have committed to spending at least $15 per month. Our demo does 3 make and takes each month, and we rotate being hostess. This is a new demo (CTMH) and new club, and so far we have kicked one person out who has never come and holds up the order every month.... the demo has to track her down every time. If we don't find a replacement for her, we will all order at least $17 per month. Luckily, she hadn't taken her turn as hostess yet. I don't think I will do another stamp club with people I don't know well. There is no charge for the make and takes, we got a free catalog and we don't invite others to the meeting, but we do get outside orders when it is our turn as hostess. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 11:29 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you.. Any and all info is helpful.. I do not have access to the demo forum as of yet so I just have to post here in hopes of getting information.
Reply With Quote Likes