Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-02-2016, 04:11 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Finding a new SU Demo

Hi all! My current Stampin' Up Demo is quitting and I need to find a new one. I tried using the demo locator on the SU website, but none of those listed in my area post anything on their websites showing new items, examples of cards, etc.
It really isn't important to me that the Demo lives near me (my current demo lives in New Jersey and I'm in Illinois) as I am not interested in attending classes, hostess parties, or make-and-takes.
What I do want is a Demo that can give ideas, answer questions about products, post examples of cards using new items when they come out, etc.
I know some Demos charge for catalogs (mine never did) and I'd rather not pay for them. I usually place several large orders about 4 times a year to get free hostess gifts, and then the occasional orders for CS, DSP, Ink Refills, etc.
Does anyone have any idea how to find a Demo that will be able to fit my needs?
Thanks so much,
Carie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I would suggest asking your current demo if she knows someone or go back to the locator and increase the radius of the search. Another way would be to try the Get Together section and hook up with some locals and then that may lead to someone. Good Luck!
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2016, 04:38 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Carie, I am a demo and would love your business but my response to you here won't be a pitch for me. There are a number of great demonstrators out there with blogs that will give you an idea of the style of cards that they do. Just google Stampin' Up! And demonstrator. Some are clean and simple while others are more detailed. Some do YouTube videos and some do not. To check on responsiveness, find a few you like via blogs and send them an email with a couple of questions. See how quickly they respond and how their responses address your needs. Remember, you don't have to stay with one if you find that the person you selected isn't suiting your needs.

Sending an email with your story and asking if they charge for a catalog would be a great place to start!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2016, 05:33 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

There are a number of demonstrators that offer rewards points toward a free stamp set. You may want to look for these.

That's what I did. In short, I earn a free stamp set after I spend $500. Over 18 to 24 months, it's easy to earn a free set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2016, 07:45 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Meeting your needs should be pretty easy. If someone isn't responsive, move on to someone that will help you out. You're asking for pretty basic customer service, not the moon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 05:17 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

A lot of demos may also not update their actual SU site but are active on their blogs. I post all my cards to my blog but I don't to my business site because honestly I don't know how and I only have limited time and my blog is easy for me to use. Using the demo locator and google should allow you to find someone who meets your needs and style! Good luck!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2016, 06:14 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you everyone for so many great ideas and answers! I will take your advice and check out Demos' blogs instead of just their websites, and email those that look fairly active. I really can't ask my current Demo for any help. I don't know what is going on in her life, but she hasn't been active in a while and she made it clear in her email to her customers that she's done and won't be responding or taking orders (prior to this she was a great Demo and always responded promptly to questions and kept her website active).
Thank you again to everyone who responded!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2016, 12:31 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

My Demo is very helpful and I have never met her! She is in Michigan and I'm in Oklahoma. I found her through buying a retired catalog on Ebay. She send information about her SU business and offered 25% off.
I only buy when she is having a 25% off special, which is several times a year. I get a free catalog because I buy over $150 per year.
I don't look to her for ideas, but she does send a square of the new colors of cardstock. And she has handled small product problems quickly for me. She is a Top Seller.
PM me and I will give you her information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2016, 03:19 PM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you for the offer, your Demo sounds great, but I have already found a new Demo, and I think she'll be a perfect fit for me. She's one of the SCS members (Mindy), and a bonus is that she lives fairly close if I ever want to get together with her.
I really appreciate your help, though.
Thanks so much,
Carie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,165 Likes on 498 Posts

How do you find thedemonstrators that offer rewards points toward a free stamp set if you know who they are? And looking for these types of demonstrators.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoboken PaperView Post
There are a number of demonstrators that offer rewards points toward a free stamp set. You may want to look for these.

That's what I did. In short, I earn a free stamp set after I spend $500. Over 18 to 24 months, it's easy to earn a free set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
How do you find thedemonstrators that offer rewards points toward a free stamp set if you know who they are? And looking for these types of demonstrators.
You kind of just have to be on the lookout like on blogs and stuff. It's not something we are required to do and frankly, small demos like myself can't afford to do that kind of thing :(

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2016, 04:14 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
I have never had a demo that offered reward points. I have had a few demos that offered "gifts" but you usually have to attend a stamp club for this kind of offer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2016, 07:42 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

If I had a super active and friendly demo in my area I would consider supporting her. I placed an order with a NYC demo and never even got a thank you. I contacted a woman in northern NJ who seemed to have a hostess stamp club, but she said she had dropped it. (The woman in northern NJ did seem very nice and professional.) I was really looking for someone with a hostess club and the frequent buyer rewards plan.

Tammy White and Mary Fish both offer frequent buyer points toward a free stamp set. If you google "Stampin Up frequent buyer," you will see a bunch of demos who offer frequent buyer plans. One even offers $35 toward anything you want.

hth : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2016, 04:35 PM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

I visit the following two blogs/sites for SU Demonstrators:

Dawn's Stamping Thoughts and Stampin with Di

Bother offer rewards for purchases!!!

They both have lots of ideas and tutorials on items they make.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoboken PaperView Post
If I had a super active and friendly demo in my area I would consider supporting her. I placed an order with a NYC demo and never even got a thank you.

hth : )
If you placed the order online and checked the no contact box, the demo has no way to know who has placed the order. The default is no contact and many people don't even know they have opted for none.

Now if you placed it in person, that's a different story. Some thank you should have been said. I am only a very small demo but I make sure to put something extra in my local orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2016, 04:16 PM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,917 Likes on 2,185 Posts

In order to get frequent shoppers rewards I would think you would have to buy regularly. If you're only placing two orders a year I doubt you would get frequent buyer rewards. You may be expecting too much from a demo. I'd say that if you can find someone who gives you hostess credits when your order is over $150, will take a check or money order, and maybe has an active blog, you should go for it! I'd also say to use the demo locator because you may find someone nearby.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2016, 02:00 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Have you thought about becoming a demo yourself? There's no downside and there's a signup special for June -- two extra stamp sets of your choice come with your kit.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2016, 04:34 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got home I tried and no that wanted happened demo yourself? I can't meet the minute ever quarter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2016, 02:40 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Sounds like you might want to look for a demo that keeps an active blog and Facebook page so you have a current stream of ideas for using new products. I think most demos give the catalogs away to online customers that have placed an order. Maybe just message the demo to double check first.

Also, if you are interested I would be happy to talk to you more about it. Feel free to pm me here, or let me know and I can message you.

I hope you find a demo that fits your needs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks I keep you has Ref. I going my friend here scs.
that demos and I will just YouTube videos and go that route. Thanks hotwheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctabView Post
Sounds like you might want to look for a demo that keeps an active blog and Facebook page so you have a current stream of ideas for using new products. I think most demos give the catalogs away to online customers that have placed an order. Maybe just message the demo to double check first.

Also, if you are interested I would be happy to talk to you more about it. Feel free to pm me here, or let me know and I can message you.

I hope you find a demo that fits your needs!
Reply With Quote Likes