Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding new motivation

I am a stamper and scrapbooker and enjoy both. The past year probably I have done very little of either. I have missed it and often say "I'm going to spend the whole day stamping and scrapping" but then I get in there and NOTHING happens. No motivation no ideas...nothing so I sit at my desk for 2-3 hours listening to whatever movie or tv show I have on and stew.

I'm getting my first horse next month (YAY!!!! cannot hardly wait!) and have a desire to scrap some of the new pictures I have of him but feel that it's been so long I have no idea where to start anymore. I know that once I get started it'll come back to me and be great. NOW I just need the motivation to get going again. Also my mom asked if I would make some new cards for her to give to birthday people in her church. So gotta do something.

What motivates you?

View my BLOG
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're so excited about the horse, then start out by journaling about your excitement - your thoughts, emotions, etc. and even the process of getting the horse. It doesn't have to be journaling that anyone else will see, but a starting point of getting emotions and possible ideas flowing again. I know any time I get stuck or unmotivated, the simple act of making out a list (of ideas, things I need to do, or whatever) it gets things flowing again and then the excitement I feel when I'm working on a card or layout comes back as well as a ton of other ideas that had been sitting in my brain just waiting to be let out - so keep a little art journal or sketchbook with you to catch those ideas when they start coming again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I would head out to a Michael's or Joanne's and see what horse related do-dads they have. Once you get some awesome sticker, or dp, or even just colored ribbon that reminds you of your horse - you'll probably be off and running. A trip down the isles of my local Michael's always gives me ideas and gets me moving. You might also want to look at scrapbook books at your library. They will have some great ideas that might motovate you as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Default Getting your mojo back . . .

Austamper, how about looking at cards that you have posted in your own gallery? I just took a quick peek at your gallery and you have some beautiful cards there (i.e. Fresh Cut Sketch - very pretty) (I'm at work but clearly not working today!!!!). Maybe look at cards that you really enjoyed making, make a duplicate or something similar so that you don't have to think too much about it, but will still get the feeling of satisfaction when it turns out (because you know it's going to!) I can stare at stuff for hours sometimes and get absolutely no-where. Finally decide to put it down then look at it the next day and all of a sudden everything flows together. I'm talking more from a card-making perspective but it should be the same for scrapbooking. Or maybe throw some colours together and see what happens. I start my cards in some weird ways sometimes! Some of my favourite cards were created because I pushed some scrap papers aside to make room for what I was working on, and thought "Wow, those look awesome together".

I also think it's inspiring to look at other people's creations but if you're stuck creatively and you're not sure about the technique they used, it might end up being a little frustrating to start with. Once you get your mojo back (which you will!) . . . it will all flow . . . Good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

I remember when my colt was born, he was the most beautiful thing in the world to me: I had chosen his breeding, looked after my mare and been with him within the hour of being born. i took a million photos and scrapped a good many. when he passed away as a five year old stallion I was so very heartbroken. I still miss him, but I have those wonderful photos of him and so very glad I scrapped many of them. They keep him close to me and I have such wonderful memories.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Congrats on the horse! I can think of all kinds of pages you could do on getting your horse. Trying him out, the trailer driving down the road or pulling into the barn drive, his stall all ready for him, new halter/blanket/saddle pads (because any good horse-enabler will tell you a new horse MUST have new stuff), him walking off the trailer, checking out his new digs, etc. Then, of course, your first ride as his owner. First shows or clinics if you do that, etc.

BTW - I don't know if your new one is the one in your pic, but if so he's a cutie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

geogymnast82 - It's funny you say that about a journal. I've been keeping one ever since I found out he was mine. It started off keeping a running tab and list on what I'd need to do and getting information on boarding places and such but it turned into an all and all diary about him. It does keep the excitement going while waiting on the big day!

ldumont999 - I pulled out all my scrapbook magazines and got on here. I've managed a few cards that are cute. We don't have a scrapbook store near by. :(

crystaldolphins - Thank you for the compliment on my cards!

Karenwhite - :( How sad! I'm so sorry for your loss but am happy you have those pictures!

weims - He IS the one in my picture! I just changed it today. His first ride ever will be with me. He is not yet saddle broke. Should be fun! ;) It will be my first time breaking a horse but I'll thankfully have some very experienced people helping me, I've ridden many green broke horses though. I would love all new things but I don't have a single new thing for him, everything is used or gifts. I'm good with that, excellent money saver. I think my first new purchase will be a new saddle pad. I don't like the one that came with my saddle!

View my BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by austamperView Post
weims - He IS the one in my picture! I just changed it today. His first ride ever will be with me. He is not yet saddle broke. Should be fun! ;) It will be my first time breaking a horse but I'll thankfully have some very experienced people helping me, I've ridden many green broke horses though. I would love all new things but I don't have a single new thing for him, everything is used or gifts. I'm good with that, excellent money saver. I think my first new purchase will be a new saddle pad. I don't like the one that came with my saddle!
I haven't had a baby for years. My latest is a been there done that, but he's perfect for me. Then you have a lot more firsts with him - first backing, lunging, etc. - that you can SB. You should be able to fill up several scrapbooks with him. :p

And you can NEVER have too many saddle pads. At least until the clean stack
in the garage gets too big for one stack, so my husband tells me. It's amazing how many SCSers are also horse people.
Reply With Quote Likes