Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-14-2021, 02:36 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A few Favorite ?

What are your favorite Girly stamps that you love to use?
What is your Favorite Paper you use for stamping on?
What is your Favorite Markers you use?

Last edited by summerfun; 03-14-2021 at 02:50 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 03:52 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

Favorite girly stamps - my Penny Black critter images. Not exactly girly but the women I share my cards with love them, too. Lol
Favorite paper for stamping on is Neenah 80 lb because my favorite markers are Copics.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 03:56 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

I love all the Unity girls at Unity Stamps. I love Neenah cardstock for my Copic markers and Bristol paper for my watercolors and I love my Catherine Pooler inks and water with watercolor .

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 09:46 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
Favorite girly stamps - my Penny Black critter images. Not exactly girly but the women I share my cards with love them, too. Lol
Favorite paper for stamping on is Neenah 80 lb because my favorite markers are Copics.
Thank you for the info. I need to take a look at them stamps they sound really cute. I have used the Stampinup paper and I do like it. I have used the Copics and I do like them. They are just a little price for my budget lol. Thank you for all the info!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 09:49 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheermomView Post
I love all the Unity girls at Unity Stamps. I love Neenah cardstock for my Copic markers and Bristol paper for my watercolors and I love my Catherine Pooler inks and water with watercolor .
I will look at the stamps I have not seen them. I have not seen the paper I will have to also take a look at that. I think a lot of people love the copic I might have to break down and start getting some. maybe I can find a good sale on them lol. Watercolors I don't have any but have done it and had a lot of fun doing it. I might have to also take a look at it. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 04:02 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Girly stamps........... I've got a small collection of Nancy Cole's adorable stamps from Stamps Happen and Inkadinkado - they are my favorite stamps of girls at the mo. I have a couple of sets by Dina Wakley that I like too.

Paper for stamping........... Fabriano hot press watercolor paper. Great substrate for watercolor, Copic and pencil.

Markers............... Copics and Karin.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 04:42 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I am not sure what you mean by girly? You mean of girls or cute stuff? Some people could say if I use a lot of pink or flowers it is girly lol

Of girls...I like storybook looks so Dreamerland out of Canada. They are also cute
Jane Davenport did some sketch like girls I like.
Unity has a lot of great girls (I love Phyllis Harris) and women...and sentiments to go with them.
Mo Manning does great girls but she switched to digital. But a lot of her older work is around like on ebay.
I also have some charming girls from Stamps Happen-closed but available on ebay.
I am enjoying the recent empowerment type stuff happening-like with Unity. But also the embracing of people of color like in the set Kids United from Hero arts
https://heroarts.com/search?type=product&q=kids+united

Cute-
I agree, Penny Black is right up there for critters. You can try PBstamps...he specializes in her stuff and usually has a clearance section and is a good place to look for retired ones.
Whipper Snapper, Gerda Steiner, Judikins are some that come to mind.
Lily of the Valley out of England (LOTV) now closed but you may find some on the UK ebay. Similar in a way to Dreamerland. Sweet line images.
Lawn Fawn has their signature cute style

Paper-same neenah paper as others-110 for base and 80 for tops or insides. Several WC papers here-I have not picked a fav yet.

Markers-I dont blend well so I dont have fav markers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 09:45 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have several Magnolia little girl stamps that are cute. My favorite girl stamps are Julie Nutting stamps. They are quite tall but you can mask them and use just their torsos or even their legs. I've seen several legs-only stamps lately that are kind of cute.

Favorite paper, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White -- the go to for Copic markers. But I plan to branch out and experiment a bit with two other cardstocks I recently bought.

Favorite markers, hands down the Copic markers. I'm not good with them but at least I can color with them. I have not been able to do actual coloring with any other markers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2021, 07:10 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

Guess I don't do girly cards, as I have no stamps like those mentioned.

I use SU paper except for watercoloring. Haven't found watercoloring paper I like yet, so will check out the suggestions here.

I also use SU markers, but mostly for coloring on stamps and I don't blend them well. I would rather use the lid of my ink pads and the aqua painter to color with. I haven't gotten the hang of alcohol markers, either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2021, 09:32 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For girly are you looking for cute, whimsical or actual girls? As mentioned Unity has TONS of great girl stamps. On their website search by artist and look up Phylis Harris. The Angie girl collections by Angie Blom stamps at Unity are great for teen and woman images.

I colour mostly with copics. I go back to them time and time again. Pricey but you will have forever. Lots of places offer deals from time to time. Jenn Shurkus has a great guide of 51 colours of copics that she just uses and it's a great place to start. Hands down my best crafting investment of all my tools was my markers. Here's a link to her blog post: https://shurkus.com/tutorial/copic-1...to-get-started

I use xpress-it paper by copic but it can be hard to find. I am now switching to Neenah 80lb for my colouring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2021, 04:44 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 464 Likes on 346 Posts

This is hard for me to answer!

I don't use "girly" images. If I need a feminine card, I use one of my many flower stamps.

Favourite cs for stamping - Papertrey Ink white or vintage cream, and watercolour paper (various brands)

Favourite markers for colouring - I never mastered Copics but I love to colour with my Tombow markers, especially direct to stamp. But my favourite way to colour images these days is watercolouring.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2021, 05:20 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Fun girly stamps to color - Stamp Anniething Chibi Kids.
Favorite paper for Copic coloring - Hammermill Color Copy Cover. I like the 80# because it feeds through my printer easier for digital stamps (has a frog on the package), but there is also a 100# option.
https://www.target.com/p/hammermill-...s/-/A-51980842
Favorite markers - Copics!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2021, 09:02 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
Girly stamps........... I've got a small collection of Nancy Cole's adorable stamps from Stamps Happen and Inkadinkado - they are my favorite stamps of girls at the mo. I have a couple of sets by Dina Wakley that I like too.

Paper for stamping........... Fabriano hot press watercolor paper. Great substrate for watercolor, Copic and pencil.

Where do you find the hot press paper?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2021, 09:31 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Paper for stamping........... Fabriano hot press watercolor paper. Great substrate for watercolor, Copic, and pencil.

I have not seen thoughts stamps I am going to take a look. Thank you for that info I love girl stamps so much.
I have not used the paper before. I would like to try watercolor so I will add this paper to my list of papers want to try

Now is the Pencil Copics? I have to say and yes I know its sad lol I don't know a lot about Copics. I need to start picking some up and start using them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2021, 09:42 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
I am not sure what you mean by girly? You mean of girls or cute stuff? Some people could say if I use a lot of pink or flowers it is girly lol

Of girls...I like storybook looks so Dreamerland out of Canada. They are also cute
Jane Davenport did some sketch like girls I like.
Unity has a lot of great girls (I love Phyllis Harris) and women...and sentiments to go with them.
Mo Manning does great girls but she switched to digital. But a lot of her older work is around like on ebay.
I also have some charming girls from Stamps Happen-closed but available on ebay.
I am enjoying the recent empowerment type stuff happening-like with Unity. But also the embracing of people of color like in the set Kids United from Hero arts
https://heroarts.com/search?type=product&q=kids+united

Cute-
I agree, Penny Black is right up there for critters. You can try PBstamps...he specializes in her stuff and usually has a clearance section and is a good place to look for retired ones.
Whipper Snapper, Gerda Steiner, Judikins are some that come to mind.
Lily of the Valley out of England (LOTV) now closed but you may find some on the UK ebay. Similar in a way to Dreamerland. Sweet line images.
Lawn Fawn has their signature cute style

Paper-same neenah paper as others-110 for base and 80 for tops or insides. Several WC papers here-I have not picked a fav yet.

Markers-I dont blend well so I dont have fav markers.

Thank you for all the info! You gave me a lot to look into so thank you so much for that. Also when I say girly you got it lol I was asking for girl stamps stickers anything like that. I have a girl so I love my girly things and I am always on the hunt for new things!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2021, 01:51 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by skm330mksView Post
Where do you find the hot press paper?
Either Blick or Amazon - check prices. I buy the largest pad of 140# 11x14 paper (it's 50 sheets, I think), because it works well in my printer for notecards, and also cuts up into 6 nice card fronts.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2021, 03:51 PM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecraftysisterView Post
Fun girly stamps to color - Stamp Anniething Chibi Kids.
Favorite paper for Copic coloring - Hammermill Color Copy Cover. I like the 80# because it feeds through my printer easier for digital stamps (has a frog on the package), but there is also a 100# option.
https://www.target.com/p/hammermill-...s/-/A-51980842
Favorite markers - Copics!
New to me company-thanks! I am not sure I understand what Chibi stamps are and when I google it I keep getting back Ghibli like the movie studio. I put some stuff into a wishlist there. I like the diversity of the kids and activities.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Either Blick or Amazon - check prices. I buy the largest pad of 140# 11x14 paper (it's 50 sheets, I think), because it works well in my printer for notecards, and also cuts up into 6 nice card fronts.
Thank you for the info! I will take a look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 10:13 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

I don't know if any of you would be interested in doing a swap of images. It seems like a lot of us have different girl stamps and we could stamp some off and share them with each other. Would any of you be interested in something like this?
Reply With Quote Likes