Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #41  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Response regarding washed kleenex. Although this is not strictly about disaster cards, it does affect one's mood during a project. The first and second and may other times this happened, I dutifully picked all the kleenex off each article of clothing before drying. One day I flipped out and threw the whole mess in the dryer. I had previously thought I might light the kleenex on fire if I put the kleenexy clothes in the dryer. Guess what? The kleenex did not light up, but managed to find its way to the lint container all by itself!!! All that wasted time picking.

Last edited by Thornhillnana; 02-15-2012 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: misspelings
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #42  
Cardstock Collector

Sometimes I get clutsy during card making. I usually know it and do the card in stages. I definitely don't glue the card bits together when I get this way. Usually laying the bits & pieces on my work surface, saying good night to it, and going to sleep resolves my clutsiness. Next morning I step up to the work surface and whip it up without distress. I attribute part of the clutsiness to mental fatigue. At least that 's my excuse and I am sticking to that (hee hee)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappy knitterView Post
A few years ago, I mailed off my Christmas cards. I never make the same one twice, and I do forget who gets which. Christmas comes, and I'm at my brother's. He's raving about the card, telling me how special what I wrote was, and how thoughtful it was. I'm thinking to myself - I usually just write "Merry Christmas, see you soon!" He then says that it looks like I forgot about it, so he takes the card down off the shelf and hands it back to me. I open it; it is completely blank! To this day, I wonder how many blank cards I sent out that year....

As to the op - I feel your pain. Got lots of crafty mistakes under my belt. Hope the final assembly goes well!
I do this intentionally (usually include a Christmas letter or separate paper) so the recipient can resend it, if they want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: in sunny Florida on the wonderful west coast. Venice FL

Been there, done that - every issue that's been mentioned. But never had heard of 'tissue schnibbles' before and love that description (and certainly know what it means). Running a glue stick over the tape to make it temporarily repositionable is another new one - so glad to know of that. I do just partially pull the backing off a bit and make an 'ear' so I can get ahold of the backing to completely remove it once the piece is in position, but sometimes the 'ears' throw judgment off. Will try the glue stick method. Great thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #45  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Oh Barbara, too funny (and I feel your pain, too.)

Just recently I cut a bunch of card front mats, realized I had cut the wrong size.

Carefully lined up new cardstock on my trimmer - and, darn it, cut the same wrong size, AGAIN.:( Talk about feeling dumb.

I took a break, had coffee and watched TV for a while.

My husband is a carpenter and every once in awhile I hear him say it doesn't matter how many times he cuts it, it is still too short.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainy Day StamperView Post
My husband is a carpenter and every once in awhile I hear him say it doesn't matter how many times he cuts it, it is still too short.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #47  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 806 Likes on 328 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainy Day StamperView Post
I love it, There's hope for me yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2012, 02:36 AM   #48  
Glitter Queen

It doesn't matter what age you are (I am in my 70's) mistakes still happen. My latest was cutting my finger and not noticing the blood. I tried to remove it with a damp tissue but couldn't remove it fully so just wrote a note of apology and said I had made the card with my lifes blood and that it was unique!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #49  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
I spend quite a bit of time coloring an image for a card. I decided to stamp Happy Birthday right on the CS with the image. Dropped the ink pad and smudge the card. Had to stamp a new image and color that.
I quilt as well as paper-crafting - one afternoon, I was trying to quickly create a card, and I dropped the black inkpad on a red and cream quilt that I had just finished making.... My friends have offered numerous "fixes" for it, but I think I'm going to leave it that way for a little longer, as a reminder to myself that rushing never accomplishes good things!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #50  
Pearl-ExPert

LOL Barbara! Sorry about your mess. Though your post and this thread did give me a good laugh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Barbara,
Welcome to my world!! You are not alone, and that is why we are here at SCS!!

I tell DH all the time, it is not my job to clean out YOUR pockets. I do the laundry. hence the pens, checkbook, wallet, shotgun shells, and cell phone, have gone through the washer. *sigh*

jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

While I have had things go wrong daily, I never had a total mess-up on a card until today---is this post a jinx? I was making a pop-up shamrock card which is basically circular. I made the base with the same layer on both the front and the back and then proceeded to adhere the shamrock inside. That took me three tries to get it in the right spot so it would close and pop up as it should. So far not too bad. The I stamped the front (or so I thought) and got it arranged just perfectly with just the right amount of space for the greeting. Once I got the greeting stamped, I realized it was crocked---not just a little, but a whole lot as I had my circular card nearly sideways. Managed to pull it off, cut another decorative circle, adhered to match the back piece---only took 2 times--restamped being careful to get the greeting lined up with the top of the card. When I sat back to enjoy the card, I had done all the stamping on the back piece, not the front (both times, no less) so the shamrock in the inside was totally upside down. Decided the easiest thing was to switch the front and back pieces so that when the card was opened, the shamrock would be right side up. The back piece came off pretty smoothly, but the front piece (with all the stamping) tore as I was pulling it off. Soooo, I cut another piece and redid it making sure that the back piece that I took off the front was adhered to the back so my new piece would go on the front where it belonged. Whew! Think it's done correctly now, but I wasn't sure that one would ever get done. Glad I knew while all this was going on that it was part of the game! TFS everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #53  
Inking Addict

I thought these things only happend to me. I am glad to know that I am normal.

Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #54  
Cardstock Collector

Momma said there'll be days like this, there'll be days like this my momma said.

I've lost count of the number of times I've cut on edge of the cardstock, then turned it and cut the same measurement, so I end up with 8.5 x 8.5 instead of 8.5 x 11.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've assembled a few cards upside down, dropped my ink pad, put things on crooked, etc. The dumbest one was forgetting to move my ink pad before opening the card to stamp the inside sentiment and laying my completed card front on the pad. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #56  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogzrulecaView Post
I've assembled a few cards upside down, dropped my ink pad, put things on crooked, etc. The dumbest one was forgetting to move my ink pad before opening the card to stamp the inside sentiment and laying my completed card front on the pad. :rolleyes:
Ouch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #57  
Glitter Guru

Received 865 Likes on 516 Posts
Smile

Last night I attached a clear stamp to a block backwards, with the image stuck to the block. Stamped it and was like, What happened? Then looked, DER!!! :rolleyes: Not always best to stamp when tired!
Also getting an apron to wear while stamping. Dropped an ink pad on some of my good jeans more than once! I is messy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #58  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh my goodness do I feel better after reading through all these posts! I have committed almost every single one of these accidents! I am a total klutz. If there is a way to mess it up I will surely do it! My favorite post has got to be this one:

A gal made a very elaborate anniversary card for her friend. Loads of fancy techniques, intricate die cuts, embellishments, the works. She was so thrilled with how it turned out.

Then......when she signed the inside of the card, she spelled her own name wrong!

Oh dear me, I have laughed so hard I am crying...could've been me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Resizing envelopes

I just learned how to resize an envelope. So I resized an envelope to fit a small card, but then I had to resize the card because the envelope was too small.

Also, I was cutting cardstock to playing card size for valentines, and wasted a bunch by cutting it too small.
Reply With Quote Likes