Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-19-2006, 04:28 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVER HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO YOU?

I recently was going to have a CTMH home workshop. so when I finally came across a demo who lived close enough about 1/2 hour away to 40 minutes. anyway I thought I was all set I had the date which she o.k'd with me so I ASKED HER TO SEND ME 10 INVITATIONS SO I CAN MAIL THEM OUT.Well after that she said I will get them in the mail tomorrow,this was 3 weeks or longer now that I have been waiting.I emailed her 3 times now and nothing.I left her my phone number to call me.nothing.she sounded like she really wanted to do this we emailed one another around 4 times back and forth just talking about it and about ours families then I never heard from her again.Just a little disappointed that she never sent out the invites.I had around 10 or more coming.

Has this ever happened to anyone else.just curious I really liked the catalog from CTMH.So I thought I would try them out.but I guess I won't be now since the next closest person is 1 hour away that would mean driving 2 hours and not so sure she want's to drive that far since the class would be at night .

So i just said forget and now I am going to do a SU workshop with my own demo who lives close to me.this way I can hopefully get everything I want from the new spring mini.Since I want so much from this catalog.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2006, 05:46 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

No but if she ever calls you I certainly would not do any business with her. Can you imagine how long it would take her to get an order to you, if EVER!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2006, 06:03 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Yes, it did happen to me as well...and with a CTMH demo! I had called CTMH to find a demo in my area...we hooked up, I even went to her house to purchase the catalog and she said she'd call me in a week to set up a date as she was getting ready for some special event....that was over 5 years ago!! I tried to call, she never responded...guess CTMH reps don't care much for their 'potential' customers. At least yours and mine didn't. Sorry this happened to you, but glad to know now that I'm not the only one that was 'shut out' by CTMH. And, to think, it was DOTS (CTMH) that got me started in stamping!!!! Oh well...again, I'm sorry for what you've gone through.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2006, 06:46 AM   #4  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I wouldn't wait around (find someone else that wants your business), I gotta think that something extraordinary may have happened. While some people are flakes, most are not. Maybe she had an illness, death in the family, or some other horrendous event which kept her from following up. I'd just move on and let it go.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:32 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Contact the company for another referral and let them know what was going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

I have had this happen with other companies (simply tasteful) and I as a CTMH consultant am appalled that a CTMH consultant would do that.

And I second the call the CTMH corporate and get a new referral and tell them about this flaky consultant

�So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2006, 10:51 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

My CTMH demo is great!

I would call the one who is an hour away. That's not that far for some people! We live an hour away from town, so it's normal for us to drive that far. She might just want to get out, if not, that's ok but I would give her the choice! You also might make a great new friend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2006, 03:52 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

the ctmh demo who lives 1 hour away when I ordered some stamps from her I specifically told her not to send them to me in the mail because I didn't want my dh to see the stuff.so we were suppose to meet half way so that we both would be driving 1 hour.other wise it would of taken her 2 hours both ways so I suggested meeting her since that's the only way she said she would do it.then she tells me she was having it sent to me through the mail after I specifically told her not to.so I said never again with her and found the othe girl who was closer to me 1/2 hour away.so thats makes 2 demos I'm not happy with.and these are the 2 closest to me.

So as much as I like the clear stamps.and wanted to save space to store them.

I guess after the experiances I will stick to my demo with SU FROM NOW ON.I never have any problems and she is always there when I need her.can't ask for anyone better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2006, 08:26 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
yes

I have contacted two CTMH demo's and two of them both have told me that they would get back with me......I'm still waiting. And it's been over 3 months now. And I haven't heard from either of them.

I too have emailed both of them. It's seem's to be the demo's I find online on more willing to help out than the ones that live in our area's!

I have contacted the company about this.
Also I contact them again to find a Demo in my area, And they send me to the same two demo's that haven't returned my emails or phone calls.

I would think as a Demo that you would want to contact a customer!

I would if someone contacted me.......

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy CTMH stuff off demo websites. You don't have to have a party. Of course, if you do that you don't get any hostess bennies...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2006, 09:27 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2
I have contacted two CTMH demo's and two of them both have told me that they would get back with me......I'm still waiting. And it's been over 3 months now. And I haven't heard from either of them.

I too have emailed both of them. It's seem's to be the demo's I find online on more willing to help out than the ones that live in our area's!

I have contacted the company about this.
Also I contact them again to find a Demo in my area, And they send me to the same two demo's that haven't returned my emails or phone calls.

I would think as a Demo that you would want to contact a customer!

I would if someone contacted me.......
I would help you but the commute would be rough - I live in Oregon

�So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmcbunny
I would help you but the commute would be rough - I live in Oregon

Ya Gee! ;)

I can't see what you wouldn't want to jump in your car and drive on over.....lol

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2006, 05:22 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I had this happen with my upline with SU! I signed up with her and she was going to do a WS at my house and give me any bookings(there were none she did such a crappy job) and I never heard from her again! She is having some kind of event that some people that I work with are invited to but I got no e-mail. The thing that really kills me is that she makes money off me. I may quit after the new catty comes out wait the 6 mos and sign up with this gal I heard of here in town.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2006, 10:00 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think you can blame CTMH. There are lousy folks all over the business world. Maybe YOU should become a CTMH demo!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2006, 04:37 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

I agree that hopefully it isn't just CTMH. There are flakes everywhere. I had the same type of thing happen to me when I sold CM. I didn't hear from my upline in over 3 years. And she only lived 15 minutes away. I was mad that she was making money off me too. I agree with your idea to quit for 6 months and then sign up under someone you like more.
On the other hand my mom also had a problem with a CTMH rep. She ordered an alphabet set and what came in the box was not the right one. She gave it to the rep (who she works with) to return and the rep has never done anything about it, nor refunded her money. On top of that, mom saw the lady using the stamp set she was supposed to return! It was a lower case set and the lady had the upper case set that matched so she just kept it and used it! So now mom is stuck trying to get her money back or a new set without making her co-worker mad.
If you like SU but you also like the convenience of unmounted space saving, buy SU and use EZ Mount. I've started doing this with alphabet sets and I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2006, 05:06 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

I guess I may give her the benefit of the doubt that an emergency of some kind has come up. I know that for awhile I was real bad at getting back to people, both business and personal, because I was feeling lousy. I then had surgery but it took awhile to get myself back together.

That said though, I wouldn't wait around for her. Maybe there is someone an hour or so away that would be willing to drive to you?
-:�:- ((��.��*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyScrapper
On the other hand my mom also had a problem with a CTMH rep. She ordered an alphabet set and what came in the box was not the right one. She gave it to the rep (who she works with) to return and the rep has never done anything about it, nor refunded her money. On top of that, mom saw the lady using the stamp set she was supposed to return! It was a lower case set and the lady had the upper case set that matched so she just kept it and used it! So now mom is stuck trying to get her money back or a new set without making her co-worker mad.
If you like SU but you also like the convenience of unmounted space saving, buy SU and use EZ Mount. I've started doing this with alphabet sets and I love it!
This I would report to CTMH right away, if she hasn't. This is the referral line 1-888-655-6552, but I am sure they can direct you to the correct department (I am at work and don't have my consultant manual available).

Reply With Quote Likes