Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 514 Likes on 230 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by FubsyRuthView Post
Aha, Diane, that would explain it! It frustrates me as well if I can't get to the original post! A lot of folks just pin to the blog name and not to the url of the actual post which then means you have to take time to track down what you want. I mean, it's already a case of "so many pins, so little time" for me on Pinterest LOL! At least Joanne's tip will help me in the future.

I think Pinterest should be offering some guidelines and etiquette info.
Yep, I agree...

I'm amazed at how fast this has taken off. Technically they are still in beta, if my understanding is right!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #42  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 669 Likes on 421 Posts

Patty, the thing is I would be seriously ticked.

the pinterest thing does not bother me, people are not making money off linking to my things ( I've pinned things with the thought I hope they are flattered also) but, the whole use your card photo for her to sell something is not the same deal.

hopefully you hear something soon, 74 cards is totally deliberate in my mind.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It never would occur to me to pin a photo and not the source - otherwise what's the point :confused: Maybe some people just aren't paying attention or don't realize how Pinterest works.

Patty, I'm curious about the ebay seller. She's selling stamp sets, right? With photos of cards as examples using the sets she's selling? Is it Stampin' Up sets?

I think it is amazing that you happened to see her items! Can you imagine how many must be out there that no one ever is aware of? :(

Hope she at least pulls the photos and looking forward to seeing an update!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #44  

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
It never would occur to me to pin a photo and not the source - otherwise what's the point :confused: Maybe some people just aren't paying attention or don't realize how Pinterest works.

Patty, I'm curious about the ebay seller. She's selling stamp sets, right? With photos of cards as examples using the sets she's selling? Is it Stampin' Up sets?

I think it is amazing that you happened to see her items! Can you imagine how many must be out there that no one ever is aware of? :(

Hope she at least pulls the photos and looking forward to seeing an update!
Yeah, she's selling SU stamp sets and using photos of our cards as examples for the sets that she is selling.

For example, if you search for Stampin Up Rubber Ducky you will find the auction with a picture of my card from the gallery here. (I've watermarked my photo now).

Rubber Ducky thank You by LaLatty - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's another example. Search ebay for Stampin Up Tag Time and you will find Charlene's card from the gallery found here:

IC211 Woodland Trees CKM by LilLuvsStampin - Cards and Paper Crafts at
Splitcoaststampers

I could list even more, but you get the idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Okay, I tried to report this ebay seller, but since the images aren't MINE, there's a message that says the owner of the photos have to be the one to contact them. So... I guess every individual card maker whose photos were taken have to contact Ebay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my gosh, this is worse than I thought! The person listing CHOOSES which photo will be the thumbnail for their listing, right?!

Don't get me wrong - - yes, it's just as bad to use someone else's cards/photos as samples 'within' the listing (that you'd have to click on the item first). Absolutely. I don't mean to minimize that. But I have NEVER seen an ebay listing for a stamp set where they used a card in the initial thumbnail view before.

That's pretty darn cheeky, I'd say (I'd use stronger language but it'd come out as *** on SCS ;) ) - and you are helping her sell her stamp sets!! I'd be FURIOUS!

By the way, love your ducky card!!!

Makes me wonder how many people do use other people's cards 'hidden' as samples after you click, too. Grrrrrrrrr.rrr.rr.rrrrr.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
Okay, I tried to report this ebay seller, but since the images aren't MINE, there's a message that says the owner of the photos have to be the one to contact them. So... I guess every individual card maker whose photos were taken have to contact Ebay.
Thanks for letting us know that Sophie - I was thinking of doing the same thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't own any SU so I doubt this particular breach affects me however, I wonder if SCS could be pro-active and watermark uploads with "as seen on Splitcoast Stampers Gallery" - I know it wouldn't bother me. I don't "reuse" my uploads from here. I have the original IYKWIM.

Is it ok to name the ebayer and alert others that their pictures are being used and they need to lodge the complaint with ebay?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, I contacted the seller with the posting specifically using LaLatty's Ducky card (cute card!). This is what I wrote to her:

==================
Hi, some of your listings (like this one) are getting negative press from a card-making community because you have used this photo and possibly others without permission from the card-maker. It is here in this thread:

eBay seller using our photos.... by LaLatty at Splitcoaststampers

It would be easy enough to private-message the card-makers for permission. Possibly many of them, after being asked, would not only grant you permission, but be flattered as well.
=======================

Edited to add: I tried not to come across as too accusatory. Maybe she does not know that permission should be granted first. Also, it gives her a chance to remedy the situation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I don't own any SU so I doubt this particular breach affects me however, I wonder if SCS could be pro-active and watermark uploads with "as seen on Splitcoast Stampers Gallery" - I know it wouldn't bother me. I don't "reuse" my uploads from here. I have the original IYKWIM.

Is it ok to name the ebayer and alert others that their pictures are being used and they need to lodge the complaint with ebay?
It's definitely okay to alert others that their photos are used, but that would take a LOT of time!! I thought of doing that too... but... my laziness kicked in. If only ONE card-maker was involved, I would've, but...there's more than one!

I'm unsure of whether it's okay or not to name the ebayer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post
Here's another example. Search ebay for Stampin Up Tag Time and you will find Charlene's card from the gallery found here:

IC211 Woodland Trees CKM by LilLuvsStampin - Cards and Paper Crafts at
Splitcoaststampers

I could list even more, but you get the idea.
Okay, I PM'd LilLuvsStampin and told her, and included links to her card's photo and to the Ebay listing.

See, it didn't take long to notify ONE person (only because I didn't have to search for the photo - LaLatty did that - thanks). I can imagine how long it would take to notify all other card-makers!! Especially if we had to go through the specific Stampin' Up! gallery for that set and scroll through all the cards in each gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't mean individually notify more - link the ebay listing and start a thread asking if these cards made with SU sets are yours? I think we all have to take some responsibility to help ourselves but it would be good to have a stickied thread to help and a general point in the right direction. I for one have never used ebay so wouldn't even know where to start.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #53  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

While I was checking this out in ebay, I noticed a lot of sets that are NOT retired are being sold. I thought only retired sets could be sold, or is that just demos that are limited to selling only retired??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #54  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
While I was checking this out in ebay, I noticed a lot of sets that are NOT retired are being sold. I thought only retired sets could be sold, or is that just demos that are limited to selling only retired??
Demos are the only ones limited to selling retired. Non-demos can sell whatever they wish.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #55  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As to naming the seller, please don't.
It'll save the mods the time to come here and delete it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #56  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
Demos are the only ones limited to selling retired. Non-demos can sell whatever they wish.
Okay, thanks. I always wondered because I check out the For Sale or Trade on SCS and someone posts some things for sale and then someone else said those were trade only because they were still current...very confusing. They must've been demo's maybe??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #57  

I thought about going through the cards on ebay and letting everyone know, but some of the splitcoast members haven't uploaded anything in their gallery in a few years plus it would take a lot of time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Okay, thanks. I always wondered because I check out the For Sale or Trade on SCS and someone posts some things for sale and then someone else said those were trade only because they were still current...very confusing. They must've been demo's maybe??
I believe is is an SCS policy that only retired items cannot be sold here on the site. They don't want to compete with members who are SU demos. This is different that the SU policy the applies to SU demos... it IS all confusing!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #59  

Quote:

I know it can be confusing. I'll see if I can help. No one is allowed to sell any current Stampin' Up! items here on splitcoast. Current items can only be traded here on splitcoast. Demos are not allowed to sell any current merchandise on, ebay, other online sites, etc. If someone wants to purchase a current item from a demo then that demo must place an order for them or they can order online through the demo's SU website (if she has one).

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I thought about going through the cards on ebay and letting everyone know, but some of the splitcoast members haven't uploaded anything in their gallery in a few years plus it would take a lot of time.
You're a star for noticing and superstar for even thinking about notifying everyone, but yes the job is too time consuming and truthfully I would rather see you use your time here or creating something beautiful that I can admire (I can be selfish like that!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #61  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I know it can be confusing. I'll see if I can help. No one is allowed to sell any current Stampin' Up! items here on splitcoast. Current items can only be traded here on splitcoast. Demos are not allowed to sell any current merchandise on, ebay, other online sites, etc. If someone wants to purchase a current item from a demo then that demo must place an order for them or they can order online through the demo's SU website (if she has one).

Hope that helps.
That really does help, and makes sense. So I could sell any of my stuff to friends or on ebay if I wanted, but couldn't sell any of my current stuff on SCS? Not that I would. I love all of my SU stuff! Just trying to keep it all straight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #62  

Quote:

That really does help, and makes sense. So I could sell any of my stuff to friends or on ebay if I wanted, but couldn't sell any of my current stuff on SCS? Not that I would. I love all of my SU stuff! Just trying to keep it all straight!
Yep, since you are not a demo you can sell your current items anywhere, but not here on splitcoast. Joan, (a few posts above) had mentioned this and she was correct-

(I copied & pasted this from the SCS Site Posting Rules)-

By eliminating the sale of current sets entirely, we remove questions and uncertainty about the demo status of sellers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #63  

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
You're a star for noticing and superstar for even thinking about notifying everyone, but yes the job is too time consuming and truthfully I would rather see you use your time here or creating something beautiful that I can admire (I can be selfish like that!)
Awe...thanks! I'm surprised that no one else noticed the cards on ebay. I hardly ever go on ebay anymore, but I was looking for a certain stamp set and I stumbled upon them.

I did find the stamp set I was looking for though....LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #64  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Yep, since you are not a demo you can sell your current items anywhere, but not here on splitcoast. Joan, (a few posts above) had mentioned this and she was correct-

(I copied & pasted this from the SCS Site Posting Rules)-

By eliminating the sale of current sets entirely, we remove questions and uncertainty about the demo status of sellers.
Now I'm confused again. Joan said you cannot sell retired items here.....maybe she meant to say "only retired items can be" ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Now I'm confused again. Joan said you cannot sell retired items here.....
Sorry - I had myself confused! I meant to type only retired items CAN be sold here... sorry to add to the confusion instead of helping!(my typing sometimes gets ahead of my brain;))

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #66  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
Sorry - I had myself confused! I meant to type only retired items CAN be sold here... sorry to add to the confusion instead of helping!(my typing sometimes gets ahead of my brain;))
Oh, Joan, I've been there many times before!! I sort of thought that's what happened....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Just demos are restricted from selling non-retired stamp sets. And SCS does not allow selling non-retired stamp sets here in the BST forum.

A non-demo can sell anything they want anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

And I see I'm a little late answering that question :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #69  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Thank you, Patty, for posting this, and thank you, Sophie, for alerting me to this person using one of my card photos without my permission. I do not use e-bay, so I would never have seen this on my own. A friend advised me early on to watermark all my cards, and am so glad that I always have and do!
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #70  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by FubsyRuthView Post
Here's the pin of the card I saw on Pinterest. If you click on it you get a larger view of the card but it doesn't take you to the original source.
stamping / simplysimple50006907.jpg 1252�1600 pixels

Just wanted to let you know that people (I have done this) can upload their own photos to Pinterest from their hard drive...so there is no link back to a website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #71  

Received 812 Likes on 332 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilLuvsStampinView Post
Thank you, Patty, for posting this, and thank you, Sophie, for alerting me to this person using one of my card photos without my permission. I do not use e-bay, so I would never have seen this on my own. A friend advised me early on to watermark all my cards, and am so glad that I always have and do!
OMG you mean she used your card photo even with a watermark on it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 03:18 AM   #72  
Stampin' Fool

jumping in here: since LaLatty gave a link I checked out the Ebay auctions. The seller is apparently a long time Ebay user; she has a positive rating of over 4000. I am surprised she is not aware of the rule that all photos need to be taken by the seller or used WITH PERMISSION.

I think LaLatty and Sophie have done a very kind thing in contacting the seller personally and asking for this to be resolved. However; if there is no response SOON, and this seller does not change her listings, then a report to Ebay by one of the affected card makers really should be made. There are way too many listings with other people's cards for it to be an "accident".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #73  
Crimping Master

You know what I have been wondering? What is this ebay sellers screen name HERE on SCS???? She must belong in order to have the knowledge of the gallery and may have even seen this thread. This really chaps my bum. I don't water mark ( don't have that much in my gallery or my blog) and after reading this I don't think it makes much of a difference. Some of these things are water marked and STILL used with out permission.

Ebay seller..if you are on SCS ( and I personally think you are)..then you are a stamper. You are selling stamps so you are a crafter..a stamper and a crafter and in some for an ARTIST. You should feel ashamed of yourself for not having the decency to ASK to use some one creations to sell your products. Why not use your own? Obviously you have the stamps. Would you use a picture of someone elses child to sell a shirt your child had outgrown? I should hope not. I feel bad for you because I am pretty sure you have been read into "stamping Etiquette 101" and you chose to ignore it..how sad. I am glad that we ( SCS's) don't know "who" you are on here because I would like to think that you aren't "friends" with any of us regular posters that have become friends with each other....you don't deserve to be in our group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #74  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now that I have seen the actual listing (thank you for putting that link in!!) I may need to retract what I said before To have the card as the first picture you see is extremely misleading. If it were me looking, I probably would not even click on it because if I saw that in a string of listings, I would think it was a card for sale or a card kit! If it said something like "Here is an example pulled from SCS website of what can be made with this stamp set" that would be much better and certainly more accurate than the listing as it is now.

On another note, I am curious to see if you get a response from the seller. I have emailed sellers before with info about what they are selling and never hear a word back from them. Even went so far as to let someone know that if they listed their items as TIM Holtz instead of JIM Holtz, they might get more activity This seller still lists their items as Jim Holtz so I guess they did not believe me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #75  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 325 Likes on 228 Posts

Quote:

Yeah, your right. I thought I would give the seller a chance to remove the photo first. I still haven't heard back yet and our photos are still posted.

Hi there,

I just saw this thread and thought I'd join in. I don't have time to read all the posts. However, I'll say that this happened to me, too. I was scanning through Stampin Up! sets on Ebay and spotted a picture of my own card that I had posted on SCS. It was so shocking!

It might be the same seller you are talking about here. She had photos of cards for every stamp set she had listed.

I contacted the seller and she did removed the picture. Her comment back to me was interesting.

Did the seller remove your card photo yet?

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I know what it feels like! Hope you get this resolved soon.

~ Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #76  

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCinkitView Post
Hi there,

I just saw this thread and thought I'd join in. I don't have time to read all the posts. However, I'll say that this happened to me, too. I was scanning through Stampin Up! sets on Ebay and spotted a picture of my own card that I had posted on SCS. It was so shocking!

It might be the same seller you are talking about here. She had photos of cards for every stamp set she had listed.

I contacted the seller and she did removed the picture. Her comment back to me was interesting.

Did the seller remove your card photo yet?

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I know what it feels like! Hope you get this resolved soon.

~ Diane
Nope, she didn't remove the photo (or any other photos for that matter) nor did she reply to the message that I sent her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #77  

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
jumping in here: since LaLatty gave a link I checked out the Ebay auctions. The seller is apparently a long time Ebay user; she has a positive rating of over 4000. I am surprised she is not aware of the rule that all photos need to be taken by the seller or used WITH PERMISSION.

I think LaLatty and Sophie have done a very kind thing in contacting the seller personally and asking for this to be resolved. However; if there is no response SOON, and this seller does not change her listings, then a report to Ebay by one of the affected card makers really should be made. There are way too many listings with other people's cards for it to be an "accident".
I tried to report the auction using my photo and when I got to the last page it was asking me for the auction # that she copied my photo from. Since my photo was not copied from an ebay auction I'm not sure there is anything I can do.

And if I send ebay an email customer support states that I will hear back from someone within 3 days, by that time her auctions will be ending.

Last edited by LaLatty; 03-06-2012 at 05:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #78  

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post
OMG you mean she used your card photo even with a watermark on it?
Yep, her photo was watermarked. That's how I knew it was Charlene's card right away. There are other copied photos that were watermarked as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

why are you guys waiting to report this seller? If she has items she is currently selling on eBay, she is getting and is checking emails regularly. She is likely ignoring you. Report the abuse and let eBay deal with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #80  

Received 812 Likes on 332 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovellView Post
why are you guys waiting to report this seller? If she has items she is currently selling on eBay, she is getting and is checking emails regularly. She is likely ignoring you. Report the abuse and let eBay deal with it.
LaLatty did try to report her. Read her last post - the report asked her for the auction # that the photo was copied from. The photo was not copied from an ebay auction, it was copied from here.

Maybe LaLatty should fill out a customer support thingy even if it takes three days...they could prevent her from using ebay again:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes