Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #1  
roynkoby

Default dont know what to do.

Lately i've been buying tons of stamps, i just started stampin 4 months ago, but i pretty much bought most popular retired stamps from last catalog, and also a bunch from this winter catalog from stampin up. I have wing it, tres chic, oh so lovely, baroque motifs etc. But i dont know where or which stamp to use, i loved baroque motifs from the catalog, now that i have it and its well trimmed, i dont know what to do with it...grrrrr so fraustrating. i know its a great stamp. dont know what color paper to use, should i use it with designer papers. blannnnnnnnnkkkkk.... i checked out the galleries too, but why cant i use this set. Baroque Motifs... strange set.....could be just me.:confused: :rolleyes:

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Baroque Motifs! So much you can do with it!

Look through the galleries to get ideas. Check out the challenges. Those can help you, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

last night i had a card party .we used bar. st.set bravo burg. card stock and white ,stamp in middle of white with bravo burg. stamp a flower on white cut out and add scallop circle behind and brad in middle add to c/s and voilla elegant card!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love that set! Check out my gallery, I used it for several of my most recent uploads. It is so versatile.
queen bee's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Splitcoast Gallery - queen bee Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

This is my favorite baroque motif card. It is Sahara sand and always artichoke. It was quick and easy. I know that I cased in from somewhere, but could not find the card again. I hope it helps you.

More get well cards by kmccullo at Splitcoaststampers

My Blog - Just me and the dog (stamping too)

My little gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

My advice is to start with a sketch. Go to the sketch challenge page and open one of the word docs with a list by clicking on it and letting Word open the file. Then take one of the sketches and the colors you already have picked out and go from there. I think it streamlines the creative process to start with a sketch. You'll love what you do!
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

If that isn't working for you then take a pic of a card you love and CASE it (copy it) exactly. This will help your confidence and you'll be able to branch out from there.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Totally self-admitted CASER here!! I feel no shame.....sorta.... I have 'startup' issues with some sets also - mine was Lovely as a Tree, go figure... Finally decided to give in and CASE a card exactly to get me started. Now I can change it up a little and put a little bit of me in there.

Just get one or two cards done and you'll get the feel for that particular set and be on your way. Have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #8  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxannembView Post
Totally self-admitted CASER here!! I feel no shame.....sorta.... I have 'startup' issues with some sets also - mine was Lovely as a Tree, go figure... Finally decided to give in and CASE a card exactly to get me started. Now I can change it up a little and put a little bit of me in there.

Just get one or two cards done and you'll get the feel for that particular set and be on your way. Have fun!!
That was exactly my problem with Peaceful Wishes -- and I did the same thing you did. I found a couple cards using it and totally CASEd them. I'm feeling a little more confident now. Sometimes you just need a kickstart.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #9  
Linking Queen

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Sometimes when I am stuck for ideas (or get overwhelmed by all the great ideas in the gallery) I simply pick a few colors of ink that go well together and a sheet of neutral cardstock (usually vanilla, but often white or Sahara Sand) and just stamp OSW-style.

Just actually inking a stamp and putting it onto cardstock helps to get me unstuck. If you think about it, all you risk losing is a sheet of cardstock, some ink, and personal time. But you also risk unlocking your creative block and having tons of fun. It's worth the gamble, imo!

HTH and ...

Happy Crafting!
Tina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 03:38 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Hey, I know what you mean. I love the look of everyone else cards with all these cool "swirly" types of stamps but I also have trouble incorporating them into my own work. For example, I bout Finest Flourishes from the old catelog because I thought it was beautiful (and it is) but I've only been able to make a few cards using it that I actually like!! It is frustrating for sure. And because of that experience, I have baroque motifs and a few others like it on my wish list but I am very hesitent to actually purchase them because I'm scared I won't be able to use them!!! The only exception is the French Flair background -- but I think it helped because I also bought Carte Postale (which is one of my all time favorites). this makes me think that you have to have stamps that match the style of the swirls!!

Good luck!1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Keep your expectations low....not every card has to be a masterpiece. Just pick out some colors you already like to work with and play around. Like others said...browse around the gallery and you'll find something you like and maybe it will spark your creativity.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

The gallery here is great ... I would also suggest getting a Stampin' Up! Color Wheel ... it has TOTALLY saved me on many occassions. I have a hard time coming up with color combos too ... it's GREAT!

If you've not invested in SU! Cardstock and Ink I would recommend that as well. Maybe buy a multipack and a family of spots to get started?

When I first started stamping I did not buy coordinated cardstock/ink and it was a huge mistake ... nothing I did looked "right". Once I started using the coordinated colors life got much easier!

Good luck and happy stamping!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh - also I would recommend looking for a local Demo... you can go to the Stampin Up Website and use the demo locator.

If you do a workshop ask her to demo stamp sets you own (she probably will NOT demo retired sets but it sounds like you have some current sets too)!

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes